macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Thanks to owner of this great guide...

Made very easy to understand entire process of installing 10.7.2 on intel based machines.. (no matter noob or pro !)

Downloading iAtkos L2 currently, goin to try out real deal asap when i m done with dvd..

having all other files ready for my dell xps 17.

cheers :boxing:

I'm two weeks in with my install now and all seems well. But i would like to be able to adjust the screen brightness, especially as it wakes on max brightness.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Im running the 3d version of GT555m i've tried a program that adds a adjustment slider to the top bar but it didn't work.

Hi all,

After my last post i tried to setup Hackint0sh on my dell L702X, but facing few problems as below:

I followed instruction given in very first of mahesh posted in the starting of this thread..

I made usb iatkos l2 for installation and replaced DSDT.aml , SSDT.aml , org.chameleon.Boot & smbios.plist along with latest Chameleon-2.1svn-r1929 installed on usb (both plist files replaced after bootloader install)

My XPS is having A16 Bios ! & Win 7 home premium.

I got boot0 : error & bootMGR missing errors after reboot, somehow i managed to fix those errors temporarily, (errors are not coming for now after troubleshoot)

After successful install of iatkos l2 from usb drive after reboot sometimes it just hangs on black screen & sometimes its givin me error : Nvidia ROM patching failed... & apple logo grey screen with frozen circle :(

To finish installation process as per instructions in post u have to boot in Win 7 and delete/replace few of kext & other files, but to do that u have to have access of lion installed partition through macdrive,

in my case my win 7 is not showing only that lion installed partition :(( no where (but properly showing usb iatkos l2 which is mac file system)

i have 750GB Hitachi HD having these partitions on tht

Dell Hardware check utility

Recovery

C: OS

All three were present factory preset, but for hackint0sh i splitted C: drive in to Two more partition as follow

Data (for backup)

OSX (lion install, & this is not showing through macdrive)

Few Images i am posting to clear issue...

sysinfow.jpg

mycompi.jpg

dscn6582.jpg

I have repeated installation process twice thrice but having same issue all time installation finishes 100% then restart and prob occurs :((

I am using DSDT & SSDT files which are given for my xps build l702x i7 2670QM, (posted here in topic using same once)

PLZZZZ HELP,

any idea from anyone ??? i am looking forward to u hackint0sh prosss..

hi there,

This is my first post ever (so please, be gentle ;) )

I have the exact same DELL Laptop model. At the moment I use Mac OS Lion under VMware, but of course the video performance isn't great. So I am thinking of doing a hackintosh install.

Here is my laptop configuration:

• video - I got the 3D video with my GeForce 555M (the promotion was really good over xmas), but I rarely use it; just for some gaming. I've been reading the posts here and it seems that the 3D video can be a problem, right? But even if we don't use it with 3D?
  • wifi - I got the Advanced N 6230 wifi/BT adapter with my laptop. Is this the one people are having issues with? What is the latest on the wifi?

I would be happy to join in this project to help each other out. What is the BIOS revision recommended for the hackintosh? I'm looking to try this over the weekend :)

Cheers,

P.

hi there,

This is my first post ever (so please, be gentle ;) )

I have the exact same DELL Laptop model. At the moment I use Mac OS Lion under VMware, but of course the video performance isn't great. So I am thinking of doing a hackintosh install.

Here is my laptop configuration:

• video - I got the 3D video with my GeForce 555M (the promotion was really good over xmas), but I rarely use it; just for some gaming. I've been reading the posts here and it seems that the 3D video can be a problem, right? But even if we don't use it with 3D?
  • wifi - I got the Advanced N 6230 wifi/BT adapter with my laptop. Is this the one people are having issues with? What is the latest on the wifi?

I would be happy to join in this project to help each other out. What is the BIOS revision recommended for the hackintosh? I'm looking to try this over the weekend :)

Cheers,

P.

Hi P.,

since you have the model with the 3d screen you're going to have better luck than the rest of us with the non-3d model. But this thread is pretty much limited to the non-3d version, so you may want to look at http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=23185 instead.

Concerning wifi, you will probably have to buy a separate external wi-fi adapter. As I noted in my previous post, the

Belkin N300 USB wireless card worked great for me, but if you browse the forums (as well as tonymac's forums) you'll find other products as well.

As far as the BIOS is concerned, in my non-3d model everything worked fine with A12, but I have updated to A17 without an issue.

Hello Mahesh,

I found solution for issue having with osx(partition) drive not showing up from windows 7 (read my last post above given with pics) & i successfully installed lion on my dell xps 17...

But still problems continues to arise, facing below ones..

After Installation system goes to restart, booting into windows 7 did follow steps:

I deleted all graphics kext from System/Library/Extensions as mentioned in thread >>

InteL GMA 950, X3100, HD,Geforce, ATI, NVDA. all of them &

keeping 4 HD3000 & AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext , AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle in S/L/E

Moved AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to other secure location for later on use.

Deleted kernelcache in S/L/C ...

Deleted

Nullcpupowermanagement.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, AppleHDA.kext, IOAudioFamily.kext as mentioned.

Copied DSDT.aml & SSDT.aml to root of lion (core i7 2670QM made)

Replaced org.chameleon.Boot.plist & smbios.plist files in Extra folder of lion with given in thread (i m in windows 7 till here)

Restart & boot into Lion using USB iAtkos L2 (only way i can) , all goes fine :D

Nice apple logo & lion comes up, finished all setup process(name, account etc etc..)

Now Default Screen is 1024*768 , no sound , keyboard works but no apple key(win key),

Using kext utility i have installed AppleHDA.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, Dell_XPS_ALC665.kext, IntelThermal.kext, IOAudioFamily.kext (given here in post)

& finally AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext for graphics, kext utility building new kernelcache!

Installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r1929.pkg to lion & Replaced org.chameleon.Boot.plist & smbios.plist with old ones.

Now comes problem, even after installing boot loader to lion i cant boot to lion straight away, have to use usb iatkos l2 to boot into it..

Its booting fine with that , now i m having full resolution of 1600*900*32 with sound but still keyboard with no apple key(win key not working as cmd key)

Installed Chameleon-2.1svn-r1929.pkg to lion.

Getting graphics glitches, artifacts & then mouse hangs with color circle spins ....(all was working fine when i was having 1024*768 with no AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext in S/L/E i guess.. )

After power off & restart i am no longer able to boot into lion directly, have to use usb iatkos l2 for it (tried chain0 trick with bcdedit :( or maybe i used it in wrong way, coz i was getting chain booting error)

selecting my lion partion to boot i am getting real error as follow:

Header read size 200

Incorrect image signature

tried to look up for solution for this in other forums but no luck..:(

PlZZZZ ANY ONE HAVING ANY IDEA FOR THIS ????

I M WAITING FOR U GUYS COMMENTS ON THIS WITH SOLUTION...

Thanks all for reading :thumbsup_anim:

Neel

Hi P.,

since you have the model with the 3d screen you're going to have better luck than the rest of us with the non-3d model. But this thread is pretty much limited to the non-3d version, so you may want to look at http://tonymacx86.co...pic.php?t=23185 instead.

Hi! What do you mean when you say I would have "better luck than the rest of [us] with the non-3d model"? Does it mean that the 3d model works better, or that the non-3d model works better? Can I choose to use between the 3d or the non-3d version? I don't think I would get 3d support on the hackintosh, would it?

Concerning wifi, you will probably have to buy a separate external wi-fi adapter. As I noted in my previous post, the

Belkin N300 USB wireless card worked great for me, but if you browse the forums (as well as tonymac's forums) you'll find other products as well.

What a shame! :( Well I am mostly interested in using Mac OS for stuff like Garageband, Gamesalad, etc. I don't think that wifi is the end of the world (pretty bad though)...

As far as the BIOS is concerned, in my non-3d model everything worked fine with A12, but I have updated to A17 without an issue.

Would I need a different DTSD file if I upgrade the bios?

thanks for the help!

Cheers,

P.

Hi! What do you mean when you say I would have "better luck than the rest of [us] with the non-3d model"? Does it mean that the 3d model works better, or that the non-3d model works better? Can I choose to use between the 3d or the non-3d version? I don't think I would get 3d support on the hackintosh, would it?

In the 3d model, you can get the nVidia graphics card to actually work for 3d graphics (I don't know if stereoscopic 3d works though). In the non-3d model, you'd be confined to using the Intel HD graphics card.

Would I need a different DTSD file if I upgrade the bios?

Yes. But they are available in this thread, as well as Tonymac86.com threads.

• Like 1

Hello,

I managed to install lion 10.7.2 using iAtkos L2 on my dell xps 17, but getting problem of cpu overheating up to 75`C in spite of Fan working properly @ full throttle....

I m using DSDT & SSDT files for core i7 2670 QM @ 2.2GHZ which is posted here in forum under one of the post @ topic start pages.

Just after booting if i open cpu temp app it shows me 50-55`C normal, but when i starst any process like copy, or building kernel cache from kext utility or exploring external portable usb hdd after that it goes up and up to 75-80`C. so just for precaution i shuts down that lion to avoid any hardware failure.

I am not getting real cause for this, only thing i can guess is here forum says use appleintelhd3000 kext all four of them with appleSNBGraphicsFB kext for sandy bridge, but i tried pulling my graphics config. using cpuid & dxdiag i got Intel HD Graphics Family as display. i cant see HD3000 anywhere, should i use appleintelhdgraphics.kext instead ???

putting images below

dxdiagdisplay.jpg

cpuiddisplay.jpg

Guest bob51

Hi,

I am french. sorry for my english...

I have installed mac os x lion in my dell l702x. All works but I have a problem with chameleon. I have installed in my mac os x partition but when my PC boot the message "operating system not found" appears.

But when i boot with my USB key chameleon work fine and mac os boot is ok.

What is my problem?

thanks

edit: my fan is always on. It is normal? I have the A17 Bios, intel core i7 2630qm, 6Gb ram, OCZ Agilty 3 SSD 60Gb, 750Gb Hard Drive, 1600x900 screen.

@bob51 you have to replace smbios and chamelon.plisst .download the l702x kext.rar and exract it.go to extra file you can see there.

and also you need to macdrive 8 or 9 program

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSlS6U-mIg0 watch it .

And i have a big problem.i have a17 bios i5-2520m 6gb ram nvidia 550m (1600x900 no3d)

when i try to boot iatikos l2 dvd suddenly bootlooder is freezing and doesnt respond.(but the dvd is working , i try to my friend laptop and i install successfully )

and i use usb and bootlooder is work but suddenly the usb stopped the work..waiting for root device.

i dont know what can i do for it.İ try to almost every boot method.Everybody can install l702x but me no.

give me a way for this problem.i cant install lion my l702x.

when i try to install i am using virtual box.i setup virtual box and install lion in virtual box.Open disk utality and restore.its done and i install last version of chameleon 2.1 r1902 and i try other version.(operation system not found error.)

and i installed in my usb lion installation disk chimera 1.6.

and i booted usb my computer and i got again operation system not found and computer booted dvd and this time the dvd booting whit no freezes.

i try install -v -f -F -x GraphicsEnabler=no busratıo=25

everytime i got error.

let me know the problems are about my bios version but @bob51 using a17 bios and he had been install it.whats the wrong thing.

@Mahesh please help me

First of all thanks for setting up this guide.

I do encounter some problems I wasn't able to solve myself so hope you guys can help me out a little.

These are the specs I'm running.

Intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz

17.3in HD+ WLED True-Life (1600x900) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera

4GB (2X2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel

500GB Serial ATA (7200RPM)

8X DVD+/-RW Drive including software

Primary 9-cell 90W/HR LI-ION

1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M Graphics Card

European Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000

Internal US/International Qwerty Keyboard

Bios is running A12

I burned iAtkos to a DVD and tried to install it to my laptop.

I burned the dmg file with TransMac because PowerISO wasn't able to convert the dmg file to an iso file.

I did checked the md5 sum of the dmg to check if the dmg wasn't corrupt and I doubt that the dmg is corrupt since the installation on a VirtualBox goes flawless.

Once I finish the installation I can't boot into OSX or Windows.

Windows and OSX where installed on 2 different partiotions, I split my harddrive in 2 equal partitions.

OSX just freezes after a while on the Apple loading screen when I try to boot with the kernel flags and Windows says that the MBR is missing.

Trying to restore the MBR with a recovery disk wasn't succesfull.

I then made a BackTrack 5 bootable USB stick trying to do the copy/paste/delete stuff in Linux but when I access the OSX partion it is all read only.

I found on Google that it is because I formatted OS X Extended Journaled.

I have to disable Journaling before Linux being able to write to it but is there a way to disable this without booting into OSX first?

I also tried to make a bootable USB stick with iAtkos in VirtualBox but when I format my USB stick to OSX filesystem OSX crashes and I have to reboot it and format my USB stick in Windows before Windows or OSX is able to reconize it again.

Last night I went to a friend who is running iAtkos 7 on a laptop trying to make a bootable USB stick but Chameleon v2.1 wasn't able to install on it.

I hope somebody can point me in the right direction :)

Guest bob51

Thanks curupferlit for your reply ;) The smbios and chameleon was not the problem. Today I have reinstalled mac os x in a second partition of my second hard drive. All works ;)

But the sound quality is not good with the internal speakers and I have occasionaly a sound "paf" in my speaker for example when I change the volume.

The second problem is the keyboard. I have a AZERTY keyboard and a lots of key are inversed.

My autonomy is +/- 3Hours with 9 cellule battery. And you?

the sleep don't work. It is normal?

Thanks

Sorry for my English...

Guest bob51

Ok, Thanks I have the A17 because with old bios my USB 3.0 doesn't work.

I have changed my wireless card with an atheros AR5B95 now WIFI work perfectly!

My trackpad is only being seen as a standard mouse. Which kexts should be installed and which ones deleted to get the system to see it as a trackpad?

Here is what I have that is showing up with PS2 in the kext name:

ApplePS2controller.kext

ApplePS2Mouse.kext

ApplePS2Trackpad.kext

ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext -- this is the only way my keyboard works.

Also does anyone have the Touchscreen and if so does it work in MacOsX Lion 10.7.2?

Thanks

Ok, Thanks I have the A17 because with old bios my USB 3.0 doesn't work.

I have changed my wireless card with an atheros AR5B95 now WIFI work perfectly!

Could you explain how to change the wireless card?? I bought an Atheros AR5BXB112 and I don't know exactly how to do it.

Guest bob51

I have re-open my laptop for make photos.

Il take less than 15min its so easy.

First open the "memory cache"

img1164cz.jpg

Remove the dvd lock screw

img1165yl.jpg

Remove the dvd writer:

img1166zc.jpg

remove the three screw:

img1167pd.jpg

push to the lock (color black):

img1168ca.jpg

open with a credit card for example, turn of all side:

img1169bw.jpg

Now you have this:

img1170wx.jpg

CAUTION TO THE TRACKPAD NAPPE

Now remove the keyboard:

img1171h.jpg

and remove the wireless card:

img1172e.jpg

install the kexts for your wireless card and it work:

img1174ye.jpg

edit: do you know how to disable totally the nvidia card? It is because the fan is all time on and battery is not good!

i have shot this in the dell inspiron N5110 tuto! It is just a DSDT update

edit2; sometimes the trackpad bug. You too?

It is sometimes impossible to use two fingers,and sometimes the mouse back in the same place before the move

• Like 1

I have re-open my laptop for make photos.

Il take less than 15min its so easy.

edit: do you know how to disable totally the nvidia card? It is because the fan is all time on and battery is not good!

i have shot this in the dell inspiron N5110 tuto! It is just a DSDT update

edit2: sometimes the trackpad bug. You too?

It is sometimes impossible to use two fingers,and sometimes the mouse back in the same place before the move

Thanks a lot for the detailed pictures. :wink2:

Do you think I could install this one??

http://www.ebay.es/i...=item20bff5cc5a

Sorry, I don't know how to disable the nvidia card, I'm very new with the dsdt edition, and I have to reinstall Lion again, I tried with Niresh's DVD but I only can boot with rBoot, so I need to reinstall it and try again. :wallbash:

Guest bob51

Yes...

Thanks. Today I have updated to 10.7.3. After update mac os won't boot.

I have reinstalled iatkos l2 and just after installed 10.7.3 and it work fine!

I have updated for have the "messages" beta apps!

Hello Everyone,

I am back after a huge Windows 7 Lite 64 Bit project, Those who are interested in Windows 7 Lite 64 Bit ( But i name them as Micro 7 due to its smaller footprint) can check my releases over at this forum http://retestrak.nl/...o-7-sp1-64-bit/

For those who cant access the forum due to minimum 25 posts restriction in order to access my thread, here i am providing u with download links and some release notes. Choose the version which appeals to u guys ( check the release notes), i just made 3 different releases with different apps to cater users and their different needs worldwide. These releases are damn fast and stable on our Dell XPS.

Micro 7 Full Version: ( ISO file weighs 992 MB and Full installation consumes 2.32 GB)

Release Notes http://www.mediafire...3mb3av6o4f74yxf

Download link http://www.mediafire.../?xa54tay6be8s0

Micro 7 Slim Version: ( ISO file weighs 840 MB and Full installation consumes 2.06 GB)

Release Notes http://www.mediafire...ac77qg6p6ox749i

Download Link http://www.mediafire.../?22vxnorbym60y

Micro 7 Extreme Version: ( ISO file weighs 727 MB and Full installation consumes 1.81 GB)

Release Notes http://www.mediafire...93t82yc3rgtr7k4

Download Link http://www.mediafire.../?agb5ddxnarb0q

Hope u all like my Micro 7 64 Bit releases, Have fun.

Now back to the topic, i will be updating the guide to 10.7.4 and with all necessary kexts as soon as possible.

cheers