macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Guest ananth

@mackyreddy i followed the procedure that you had given and created a bootable pendrive using mountain lion on virtual box, but when i boot the laptop using usb, i am getting error "operation system not found". what bios settings have to be changed while booting from pendrive.

@ MBdip

if you have working OS X or either OS X in Virtual Box, From your working OS X, open diskutility restore the pre installed OS X 10.8.4 to the USB drive and then install latest chameleon Bootloader on to the USB and you are ready to go.

@ ananth

Well the same applies to you as well just restore the image and make sure you have installed chameleon bootloader on to the USB drive.

Well, I an having a bit of a problem. I had 10.7.2 installed perfectly fine, but after a few days of use, kept on getting a blank screen after boot up, so decided to go with a fresh install of 10.8.2 instead. Also decided to do it on my SSD (after partitioning it, of course alongside my Win 7).Set up the install USB on a virtual box, and successfully went through the install process. The problem I am having is though, that MacDrive won't see the drive, no matter what I've tried. I've tried to reinstall about 3 times with the same outcome, and even tried to do it on my HDD instead of SSD to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Anyone?

Guest ananth

@mackyreddy i was able to create a bootable pendrive using iAtkos Ml2 dvd and complete the installation process...but when i had to restart i got boot0 error. What should i do next??

Download 2.2svn-r2252-i386.zip from this link http://www.osx86.net/view/3856-chameleon-2.2svn-r2252.html

After download extract it

1. Now open the folder i386 and copy boot1h to your Bootable USB drive.

2. Now boot from USB and go to utilities and open Terminal

3. type " diskutil list "   to identify your disk and partition where you installed ML ( for example disk0s2 )

4. type " diskutil unmount disk0s2 "

5. type " cd / "

6. type " dd if=boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 bs=4096 "

7. reboot

In step 6 put your disk and partition and also don't include " " i have just used them to highlight what to type in terminal.  

Guest ananth

@Mackyreddy i have been able to install iAtkos Ml2 l but at first boot i am getting an error. I have uploaded the screenshot of the error. Also i haven't modded my A19 bios should i install a modded bios and is it safe??? Also what bios setting must i enable for successful installation of mac os?? Thanks in advance :-)

f8ln.jpg

Are you using A.19 custom bios created by Timewalker and captain Sarkar or stock bios from Dell ? If you are using Stock bios from dell ( that's what i can interpret from your pic) then you need to use nullcpupowermanagemet.kext in order to boot. 

But i will recommend & suggest you to install or upgrade to A.19 Custom bios, otherwise you are been forced to use either nullcpupowermanagemet.kext ( problems assisted with this kext is there is no proper cpu management and cpu tends to remain hot, no sleep and many other problems i cant remember) or Patched Appleintelcpupowermanagemt.kext ( which is no longer maintained as most of them have been migrated to A.19 Custom bios).

Hope you got my point.

Update

Aah haven't read your question completely, well as i said i would recommend to update to A.19 custom bios but make sure you plugin power adapter and it should be safe to update as we all have updated long back and i dont see any problems after update, just make sure you take precaution while updating like disable UAC on Windows and run the update with administrative privileges. Also make sure you have an optimus laptop as the update is meant for optimus laptop not for 3D.

Guest ananth

I was able to fix that issue by using nullpowermanagement kext....i will upgrade to the modded bios soon..... After using the nullpowermanagement kext the first boot seems to get stuck...i used -v -x. It is getting stuck at a point. i was able to take a screenshot 

4ij3.jpg

@anath - If you are not going to install the custom A19 bois then you will have to use NULLCPU kext as the MSR are locked and you are using only 1 core out the 4 logical and 8 with Hyper threading. The only way to get full CPU is either through the custom A19 bios or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext modified for your setup. I recommend the custom bios as you can revert to the original bois any time. It is even included with the custom bios zip file.

Guest ananth

@Mackyreddy how do i find out if my laptop is optimus or not??? I don't have a 3D screen but have nvidia geforce 555GTM as my graphics card with intel HD3000 graphics.

@Mackyreddy how do i find out if my laptop is optimus or not??? I don't have a 3D screen but have nvidia geforce 555GTM as my graphics card with intel HD3000 graphics.

Google is your best friend.

@mackyreddy can u give a detailed description on how to install the pre- installed image 10.8.4??

@ MBdip

if you have working OS X or either OS X in Virtual Box, From your working OS X, open diskutility restore the pre installed OS X 10.8.4 to the USB drive and then install latest chameleon Bootloader on to the USB and you are ready to go.

i just done what u said, but when i boot from usb it say

boot 0: done

boot 1: error

i tried UEFI enabled/disabled... same thing... what can i do?

i just done what u said, but when i boot from usb it say

boot 0: done

boot 1: error

i tried UEFI enabled/disabled... same thing... what can i do?

Well make sure you format the usb with MBR partition not GPT (guid).

@ Zulakis - I made the audio kexts and they work just fine. Is there any error you get during boot. I would download the kext pack again as it was updated and use Kext Wizard to install the kexts. (AppleHDA and IOAudioFamily). Make sure you repair the permission and rebuild the kext cache. Also, I guess you need to use my DSDT (NVIDIA DSDT Off by webcivilian) from the Kext pack. 

@ Zulakis - I made the audio kexts and they work just fine. Is there any error you get during boot. I would download the kext pack again as it was updated and use Kext Wizard to install the kexts. (AppleHDA and IOAudioFamily). Make sure you repair the permission and rebuild the kext cache. Also, I guess you need to use my DSDT (NVIDIA DSDT Off by webcivilian) from the Kext pack. 

I just set it all up again, installed kexts using Kext Wizard and copied the DSDT over again. However, still no sound devices are being detected.

This is my System Report/Audio output:

Intel High Definition Audio:

Audio ID: 665

Internal Microphone:

Connection: Internal

Speaker:

Connection: Internal

Headphone:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

External Microphone / iPhone Headset:

Connection: 1/8-Inch Jack

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio Output:

Connection: Optical

Seems to get detected.. But it shows "no output devices found" in system preferences.

I would be happy to provide additional information, what do you need?

Can you try these kexts from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/24-applehda-for-alc665/

Make sure you delete any VoodooHDA kexts from S/L/E. It could be the reason for the audio to not work.

Attach your DSDT, AppleHDA and system logs from the current config.

And you are using the kext and dsdt from this kext pack: XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack V2.zip?

Guest ananth

Hey guys i just installed iAtkos ML2 successfully and was able to boot in using the USB but got a black screen at the end.  Any suggestions to fix this problem? Thanks in advance :)

Hey guys i just installed iAtkos ML2 successfully and was able to boot in using the USB but got a black screen at the end.  Any suggestions to fix this problem? Thanks in advance :)

i suggest you to use nvidia-off ssdt .. that was solution to all my problems. 

Hey Webcivilian,

If you are free, please update A.19 Stock DSDT with the paches and tweaks which you applied for Nvidia Off DSDT. So that we can have consistent DSDT's. 

As folks like zulakis are having problems when they are changing DSDT's as AppleHDA Kexts have 88 layout id.

For example stock A.19 DSDT uses ALC 665 layout id i guess and you seem to have changed it to 88 and many other tweaks which i don't know what you applied.

I am currently busy dissecting Stock A.19 DSDT from scratch to find the memory consumption differences problem but still i am planning to update the kexts pack as there are quite few changes new updated kexts from Rehabman, Nvidia Off DSDT with Dual Link Patch, Common and consistent Extra Folder regardless of any DSDT, i mean new & consistent org.chameleon.boot.plist which will be common for both DSDT's, Also planning to add Pre installed Micro OS X 10.7.5 image ( Arguably the best & Optimized OS X version better than Mountain Lion 10.8.4 & Snow Leopard 10.6.8) and hopefully consistent Stock A.19 DSDT with same tweaks, patches and HDEF layout id from your side.

So quite a few new updates are gonna come in the next kexts pack  ^_^.

regards 

Stock A.19 DSDT.dsl.zip

thanks for patching stock A.19 DSDT, dont worry about Nvidia off DSDT, i already patched it successfully.

I will update the kexts pack ASAP.

Update:

Attached New Kext pack to the first post.