mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Interests:Building Operating Systems from scratch

OS X Mountain Lion Install Guide Using Retail or Mac App Store Image:

PREREQUISITES:

Download OS X 10.8.x Mac App Store Image file from known places.

You need to have a working OS X.

If you don't have a working OS X then use Oracle Virtual Box, create a guest Mac OS X and then install iATKOS ML2 with default customization.

Setting up & Installing OS X in Virtual Box:

Use latest version of Oracle virtual box, install it and also install latest virtual box extension pack.

1. Open virtual box create a new virtual machine with your desired name and then select Mac OS X in type & in version select Mac OS X (64 bit).

2. Set ram to 2048 MB

3. Create a new virtual hard drive with VDI extension, dynamically allocated and finally save the 20 GB file to a safe place where you have at least 20 gigs of file space and finally create the new virtual machine.

4. Now select the new just created virtual machine and click on settings, on the left pane select system, now under motherboard tab deselect floppy and move it down the boot order and now the most important step deselect or uncheck the Enable EFi ( Special OSes Only).

5. Now in the left pane select storage, under Controller: IDE click on empty and on the right side in CD/DVD drive click on the CD icon and navigate to iAtkos ML2 dmg file, now click on Controller: SATA, check or select use host I/O cache, press ok.

6. Now start the virtual machine, wait till welcome screen and from utilities use disk utility and create new MBR partition and format it as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) and then install with default customization, no need to change anything.

7. Wait till installation completes, mostly installation never succeeds and it should result in a kernel panic. Now close the virtual machine window by using the option power off the machine instead of send shutdown signal.

8. Now again start the virtual machine, by default it loads iAtkos DVD, So either hit F8, select the partition and load it or simply deselect or remove iAtkos DVD from settings.

Creating Bootable OS X 10.8.x USB From Virtual Machine or Existing OS X:

1. In your working OS X open Disk Utility

2. Click on your USB drive in the left sidebar

3. Click the Partition tab

4. Under Partition Layout click 1 Partition

5. Click Options -> select Master Boot Record, then format as Mac OS X Extended (Journaled).

6. Now attach InstallESD.dmg as VirtualCD/DVD to Virtual machine, if dmg file not recognized, then on Windows 7 or 8 use Ultra iso. place the dmg file and create an iso file ( no need to convert dmg to iso, just place dmg file inside a new iso file).

7. Then attach the iso file as VirtualCD/DVD to Virtual machine, then copy the InstallESD.dmg file on to the desktop.

8. Open the dmg file, then use show hidden files app and you can find hidden file BaseSystem.dmg, open it.

9. Now go to disk utility and click on Mac OS X Base System, click the Restore tab then drag and drop your USB to destination and click restore.

10. After restoring, go to /System/Installation. Delete the Packages link then create a new folder and name it as Packages.

11. Now go back to Mac OS X Install ESD and copy everything inside the Packages folder to the Packages folder you have just created in the USB.

12. Finally copy mach_kernel from Mac OS X Install ESD to the root of your USB.

13. Now Copy OSInstall.mpkg from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack and replace the existing OSInstall.mpkg in your USB ( /System/Installation/Packages/)

14. Now Copy OSInstall from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack and replace the existing OSInstall in your USB(/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/)

15. Now Delete Accusys6xxxx.kext,
AMDRadeon.kexts, AppleAVBAudio.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleFWAudio.kext, AppleHDA.kext, Intel HD, Intel Hd 4000 ( Be careful dont delete 4 HD3000 kexts, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle, we only need these 7 Graphic Kexts ), AppleMCP89RootPortPM.kext, AppleRAID.kext, AppleRAIDCard.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, AppleThunderboltDPAdapters.kexts, ATI1300Controller.kexts, ATTOCelerityFC.kexts, GeForce.kexts, HighPointIOP.kexts, IOAudioFamily.kext, IOAVBFamily.kext, IOFireWireAVC.kexts, IOThunderboltFamily.kext, JMicronATA.kext, NVDANV100Hal.kexts, SM56KUSBAudioFamily.kext, SoftRAID.kext and finally delete the caches ( i mean delete kernelcache present in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup )

16. Now install FakeSMC.kext & VoodooPS2Controller.kext from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack into the USB with the help of kextwizard.app and then also fix permissions.

17. Install latest Chameleon v2.2 Boot Loader on your USB.

18.Now Copy the Extra, A19 DSDT and your System specific SSDT's from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack to root of your USB drive.

19. Thats it all done and i don't see any problems in booting OS X 10.8.x Bootable USB and do keep it safe for future installations. ( No need of any kernel flags as we have edited org.chameleon.boot.plist in place)

20. Now just boot from USB and wait for Welcome screen.

Here's a Simple Guide To Install 10.8.x:

1. Now install OS X 10.8.x to the partition you want, just make sure you format it to Mac OS X Extended ( Journaled ). If you want you can customize the installation based on your interest's and tastes or just go ahead with default customization which should install all features.

2. Some times installation fails, dont worry just restart and login to Windows 7 or 8, install MacDrive 8 ( Macdrive 9 works on Windows 8) and then access Mountain Lion partition copy A.19 DSDT.aml, system specific SSDT's and Extra folder from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack to the root of the Mountain lion partiton. Graphics mode is set to Full HD 1920x1080x32 by default, If you have smaller resolution say for example 1600x900 then copy & paste this string 1600x900x32 and then just replace it in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

3. Now in this step we will delete all unnecessary kexts from System/Library/Extensions ( Reason: Less kexts leads to smaller kernelcache which indeed helps in quick boot and also at the same time reduces conflicts & kernel panics )

Now delete Accusys6xxxx.kext,AMDRadeon.kexts, AppleAVBAudio.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleFWAudio.kext, AppleHDA.kext, Intel HD, Intel Hd 4000 ( Be careful dont delete 4 HD3000 kexts, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle, we only need these 7 Graphic Kexts ), AppleMCP89RootPortPM.kext, AppleRAID.kext, AppleRAIDCard.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, AppleThunderboltDPAdapters.kexts, ATI1300Controller.kexts, ATTOCelerityFC.kexts, GeForce.kexts, HighPointIOP.kexts, IOAudioFamily.kext, IOAVBFamily.kext, IOFireWireAVC.kexts, IOThunderboltFamily.kext, JMicronATA.kext, NVDANV100Hal.kexts, SM56KUSBAudioFamily.kext, SoftRAID.kext and finally delete the caches ( i mean delete kernelcache present in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup )

4. Now Copy FakeSMC.kext & VoodooPS2Controller.kext from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack to the Mountain Lion partition /System/Library/Extensions ( If you have access to OS X instead of Virtual machine then install all kexts from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack using kextwizard.app and also install latest Chameleon v2.2 Boot Loader)

5. Make sure you plug in the OS X 10.8.x Bootable USB and now restart & select Mountain Lion partition and complete the set up process and login to Mountain Lion desktop ( Kernel flags are no longer needed ).

Note:

Well your trackpad will not work, as we just copied VoodooPS2Controller.kext and their permissions are not fixed. So make sure you plugin an USB mouse but your laptop keyboard should work.

6. Now from Mountain Lion desktop using kextutility.app just install all kexts from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack ( Note: Existing FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext will be backuped and renamed with an extension bak, Well you can delete those files manually from /System/Library/Extensions).

7. Now finally install latest Chameleon v2.2 Boot Loader.

8. That's it all done Use HWMonitor.app to monitor CPU Temps.

Note:

If you have artifacts then try to clear caches /System/Library/Caches, except for these 4 folders com.apple.bootstamps, com.apple.corestorage, com.apple.CVMS and com.apple.kext.caches delete any files present in caches folder. Then Delete any sub folders & files present in those 4 folders but do note don't delete Directories & startup sub folder in com.apple.kext.caches but delete the files inside these folders.

Now days whenever I install OS X, i make sure i delete these things and then boot in to OS X, i never had any artifacts.

OS X Mountain Lion Install Guide using iATKOS ML2:

PREREQUISITES:

iATKOS ML2 DVD Method ( Easy Method for Newbie or Starter From Windows 7 or 8):

If you are interested in using an iATKOS ML2 DVD then lets get started by creating a suitable iATKOS ML2 DVD for DELL XPS by using Transmac App on Windows 7 or 8.

1. Download & Install latest transcmac app

2. Open the app navigate to Options Menu select General Settings, Under this category select " Access fixed drives read/write ( use with caution)" and then restart the app.

3. Now go to File menu select Open Disk Image and navigate it to your iATKOS ML2 DMG and select it.

4. Now in the left pane of the transmac app right click on iATKOS_ML2.dmg(Disk Image File) and select expand, it then asks to save the new expandable dmg file, just save it at a new safe location. Now it starts Expanding the image file. Once it completes expanding, it asks whether you like to open this new expanded dmg file or not, click yes and now you can find this new expanded image file in the left pane of the transmac app just below the iATKOS_ML2.dmg(Disk Image File). ( The reason why we are taking this move to expand the dmg file because the actual iATKOS ML2.dmg file is compressed so that we cant modify the image file, so we are expanding it, then we can modify the image file for placing our XPS 13, 14, 15 or 17 related files such as DSDT, SSDT etc)

5. Now select the new expanded dmg image file, then select HFS+ Volume, Now in the right pane we will add DSDT.aml and SSDT's, just drag & drop DSDT & all SSDT files in to this right pane.

6. Now open Extra folder delete the existing org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist and now drag & drop org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist.

7. Now again right click on the expanded image file in the left pane of the transmac app and select compress and save this dmg file to a safe location as this is our final modified iATKOS ML2 dmg file.

8. After successfully saving the dmg image file it asks whether you like to open compressed dmg file or not, click yes and it can be seen in the left pane of the Transmac App.Now right click on this new dmg compressed image file, select Burn and start burning the New DELL XPS Friendly iATKOS ML2 to the DVD.

9. Thats it all done and i dont see any problems in booting New DELL XPS Friendly iATKOS ML2 DVD and do keep it safe for future installations. ( No need of any kernel flags as we have edited org.chameleon.boot.plist in place)

10. Now just boot from DVD and wait for Welcome screen.

iATKOS ML2 USB Method ( Folks interested in USB Fast Install prefer this method):

If you are interested in creating & using an iATKOS ML2 Bootable USB, Then create it from any existing working OS X.

if you dont have any existing working OS X then use virtualbox ( dont forget to install virtualbox extensions pack otherwise your usb will lead to a kernel panic) to create a guest Mac OS X and install iATKOS ML2 ( just install with default customization ) on the guest and once your on the guest os.

1. Add your usb to virtualbox and then Open disk utility create a new MBR partition and format it with Mac OS X Extended Journaled.

2. Now mount iATKOS ML2 dmg file in the guest os using virtual cd/dvd drive.

3. In Disk utility select restore tab in that select iATKOS ML2 as source ( just drag and drop iATKOS ML2 on source) and select your usb drive as destination and start restoring.

4. Once restore is complete, open safari go to kexts.com and download latest Chameleon v2.2 bootloader and install it on to the usb drive. Thats it you have a bootable iATKOS ML2 usb drive and now you can close the virtualbox app.

5. Now back to Windows 7 or 8 host machine, install macdrive 8 and access your usb drive and place DSDT & SSDT's in the root of your usb drive.

6. Now copy and replace org.chameleon.boot.plist and smbios.plist in the Extra folder of the usb drive with the one's from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack.

Thats it all done and i dont see any problems in booting iATKOS ML2 usb bootable drive and do keep it safe for future installations. ( No need of any kernel flags as we have edited org.chameleon.boot.plist in place)

7. Now just boot from usb drive and wait for Welcome screen.

Here's a Simple Guide To Install 10.8.x:

1. Install iATKOS ML2 with the following customization Bootloader, FakeSMC, PS2 and deselect all other default customization.

2. After successful installation restart and login to Windows 7 or 8 install MacDrive 8 ( Macdrive 9 works on Windows 8) and then access Mountain Lion partition Extra folder replace org.chameleon.Boot.plist & smbios.plist with the one's in XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack. Graphics mode is set to Full HD 1920x1080x32 by default, If you have smaller resolution say for example 1600x900 then copy & paste this string 1600x900x32 and then just replace it in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

3. Now copy DSDT.aml and SSDT's from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack and paste them in the root of the lion Partition

4. Now restart and complete the set up process and login to Mountain Lion desktop ( Kernel flags are no longer needed )

5. Now install 10.8.4 combo update, After completing installation don't restart, force quit the installer from Apple menu.

6. Now in this step we will delete all unnecessary kexts from System/Library/Extensions ( Reason: Less kexts leads to smaller kernelcache which indeed helps in quick boot and also at the same time reduces conflicts & kernel panics )

Now Delete Accusys6xxxx.kext,AMDRadeon.kexts, AppleAVBAudio.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleFWAudio.kext, AppleHDA.kext, Intel HD, Intel Hd 4000 ( Be careful dont delete 4 HD3000 kexts, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext, AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext and AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle, we only need these 7 Graphic Kexts ), AppleMCP89RootPortPM.kext, AppleRAID.kext, AppleRAIDCard.kext, AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext, AppleThunderboltDPAdapters.kexts, ATI1300Controller.kexts, ATTOCelerityFC.kexts, FakeSMC.kext, GeForce.kexts, HighPointIOP.kexts, IOAudioFamily.kext, IOAVBFamily.kext, IOFireWireAVC.kexts, IOThunderboltFamily.kext, JMicronATA.kext, NVDANV100Hal.kexts, SM56KUSBAudioFamily.kext, SoftRAID.kext and finally delete the caches ( i mean delete kernelcache present in System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup )

7. Now install all kexts from XPS 17 10.8.x Kexts Pack using kext utility.app just drag & drop all kexts on to kextutility.app.

8. Now Install the latest Chameleon v2.2 boot loader ( Recommended ) and restart.

That's it all done Use HWMonitor.app to monitor CPU Temps and benchmark with Geek bench you should get around 9750 for i7 2630 QM and 10,200 for i7 2670 QM.

Known issues:

1. Nvidia Optimus is not supported on OS X.

2. Intel WiFI is not supported on OS X.

Geekbench Scores:

GeekBench Score DELL XPS 17 L702x Snow Leopard 10.6.8 http://browser.prima...kbench2/1321498

GeekBench Score DELL XPS 17 L702x Lion 10.7.4 http://browser.prima...kbench2/1309442

GeekBench Score DELL XPS 17 L702x Moungtain Lion 10.8.2 http://browser.prima...kbench2/1132559

Check this link for updated kexts https://code.google....03370739496666/

CREDITS:

Thanks to Wen1 for Core i7 2670 QM SSDT.

Thanks to Doix for Core i7 2630 QM SSDT

Thanks to Captain Sarkar, TimeWalker75a et al. for Custom A.19 Bios.

Thanks to Webcivilian for the DSDT patches.

Thanks to Rehabman for the Kexts.

Cheers

Attached Files

Edited by mackyreddy, 23 December 2013 - 06:53 PM.
Warez links and related talk removed, don't do that again please.

Neverdie

Neverdie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
after following your guide on step 7 i have restarted whit out installing cameleon 2.1

And when it boots up after a couple Min on apple logo and spinning wheel all i get is a clean blue-ish screen and nothing happens

any idea?

Jszekely

Jszekely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I would very much like to try your guide; I've been trying to get my XPS "Hackintosh'd" for a couple of months now, but I guess mine is just slightly off. I don't have the 3D screen (much to my chagrin, I didn't find out the difference until after Dell's 21 day return date), and it looks like just about everyone has a 2630qm CPU (mine is 2670QM 2.20 GHz).

Do you think I can adjust/edit some of the instructions or files to work with mine? Here are my specs (if I've left something out, please let me know):

Dell XPS L702X (Oct. 24 2011):
-2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM processor 2.20 GHz
-8GB,DDR3,2 DIMM (Hynix 2x4GB PC3-10600S)
-17.3in FHD WLED AG (1920x1080)
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M 3GB graphics with Optimus
-Seagate Momentus 500GB 7.2k HDD
-Western Digital Scorpio Black 750GB 7.2k HDD
-Integrated 10/100/1000 Network Card
-Tray Load Blu-ray Triple Writer (reads and writes CDs, DVDs, BDs)
-INTEL6230 Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 and Bluetooth 3.0 (I know this won't work, I have a USB Wi-Fi adapter to use)

UPDATE, 6JAN12:

I have rolled the BIOS back to A12, will try this again. I would still like to know how to handle the different CPU, I think it's the same class, just faster (2.20GHz).

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hey Jszekely,

Sorry mate for a late reply i was on a holiday. Well ur processor 2670 QM will not create any problems, u can use my DSDT even though u have an A.14 bios. Just dont use my SSDT (as its highest p-state will be clocking at 2.00ghz, as we have 2630qm with 2.00ghz but u have 2.2ghz, So u have an extra p-state which will be missing in my SSDT).

Just follow my guide u can easily install hackintosh on xps 17 l702x as rest of the specs are same. well there is no need to backport to A.12 bios. Just copy my DSDT in ur lion partition and lion only picks my DSDT not OEM DSDT.

let me know if u have any problems with the installation.

Update: I just forgot to tell something that i added bustratio of the 2630qm processor (which is 20 ) as default in the org.chameleon.boot.plist, just check ur busratio on the intel website and change it accordingly.

Here u go just use these edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist ( for ur Intel 2670 QM Processor) and u can use all my kexts & DSDT ( but dont use my SSDT).

Attached Files

Jszekely

Jszekely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
That's great! Thanks so much!

My bus ratio is 22, which I've already edited (I have at least figured out how to do that much!).

I am trying to learn as much as I can, but I haven't found any information anywhere on how to interpret or edit a DSDT file. I appreciate those of you who have taken the time to post help for the rest of us (even if we can't appreciate monetarily!)

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Hey Jszekely,

Instructions for extracting and creating ur own DSDT from windows 7

download this app DSDTEditor_Linux_Windows from this link

http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1292

download and install latest Java run time, then run this app DSDTParser

go to file menu run Extract DSDT

go to IASL Menu run compile

fix errors ( some times it doesnt fix errors automatically)

Again go to IASL Menu check whether u can save DSDT.aml ( if yes all done, if not then u need to fix those errors manually so first save ur DSDT.dsl from file menu and then check the errors in the code, for which u need the knowledge of c++ and a bit of previous experiences with DSDT, give it a try. )

Jszekely

Jszekely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Just trying to use the DSDTParser as instructed, have run into the following error:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			    {
				    If (LEqual (BRID, One))
				    {
					    If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
							    {
								    /* 0000 */    0xF8, 0xD8, 0x86, 0xA4, 0xDA, 0x0B, 0x1B, 0x47,
								    /* 0008 */    0xA7, 0x2B, 0x60, 0x42, 0xA6, 0xB5, 0xBE, 0xE0
							    }))
					    {
						    P8XH (Zero, 0xF5)
						    Return (NVOP)
						    Arg0
						    Arg1
						    Arg2
						    Arg3
					    }
				    }

As you were kind enough to share the previous files with me, I don't see this as a huge problem; I just wanted to give it a try. If you have an idea or suggestion for me it will simply help me learn more about it. (By the way, I LOVE this tool! needed it for awhile!)

-In your original instructions, there is no link for iAtkos L2 (or should I just search for it?)
-Does this guide assume you already have Mac OS X 10.6.x installed, or will this install Lion from scratch?

Sorry for all the questions, but thank you for your help!

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
We dont need snow leopard all we need is windows 7 to get fully functional hackintosh (iatkos l2 just google it u can find it easily). Download iatkos l2 and burn it to a dvd, then follow my guide.

Regarding ur DSDT error, i think there is no need to declare the arguments arg0 twice, give it a try and rewrite the code as

/* Arg0
Arg1
Arg2
Arg3 */

So the final code will be

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (BRID, One))
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
{
/* 0000 */ 0xF8, 0xD8, 0x86, 0xA4, 0xDA, 0x0B, 0x1B, 0x47,
/* 0008 */ 0xA7, 0x2B, 0x60, 0x42, 0xA6, 0xB5, 0xBE, 0xE0
}))
{
P8XH (Zero, 0xF5)
Return (NVOP)
/* Arg0
Arg1
Arg2
Arg3 */
}
}
if it still gives error then then delete this section, hopefully either one will be executed

cheers

Jszekely

Jszekely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Again, thanks for your help! That edit you recommended did the trick, I was able to save my DSDT.aml file. (if you'd like me to upload it as a reference for another system type for folks to use, let me know)

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hi Jszekely,

Nice to hear that error has been fixed.

Regarding uploading it, its ur choice mate if u feel like helping the hackintosh community then just start a new thread stating xps 17 with 2670 qm processor DSDT. Hopefully some other newbie's or starters can get a jump start in installing lion.

cheers

Jszekely

Jszekely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I started a new thread in DSDT: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=274474. Here is my file to use, compare (or laugh at if it makes anyone feel better) :)

Attached File  DELL-XPS-L702X-A14.aml.zip   15.68KB   343 downloads

nikitosina1

nikitosina1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi I have a HP DV7 6140 http://h10025.www1.h...144916&sw_lang=
I have a complete DSDT without errors.
I want to instal Lion with your method.
Will I have a problem with Intel HD 3000 graphic card?

deadsmile

deadsmile

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
<EDIT> : Got it working ! I juste deleted all the kexts from the windows side (read closely which ones to delete and which NOT) with macdrive and after installing those from the pack reinstalled chameleon using chameleon wizard.
Now it boots relatively fast and i just have a 1 sec light blue screen before the identification screen !
Still there are some strange bugs, like some glitchy artifacts here and there, once the whole screen froze (with exception of the mouse icon, which could be moved freely) and the sound is all but perfect...
But Hey ! Mac on a laptop working this great is just impressive !
thanks for the Tutorial !
<EDIT END>

after following your guide on step 7 i have restarted whit out installing cameleon 2.1

And when it boots up after a couple Min on apple logo and spinning wheel all i get is a clean blue-ish screen and nothing happens

any idea?

Same here (but with the latest chameleon), got it working once (the blue screen passed after 2 secs) and had some artifacts and glitchs on youtube videos..., but then tried it like 10 times and nothing but this blue screen :/ i think it's a problem with the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, cause when I delete it from windows (with the caches) everything works (in 1024x768 mode)

Any help or guidance ? still a noob...
Thanks for the tutorial by the way !
Cheers

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

@ Neverdie , Deadsmile

Make sure u delete kernelcache and also nvidia geforce & fermi kexts. Make sure u delete them otherwise u will have conflicts between video cards. With nvidia kexts present in s/l/e nvidia card detected in system profiler but its not activated due to the absence of optimus. so i guess blue screen problem mght be isssues from nvidia kexts and kernelcache.

Intel hd 3000 QE/CI works only when installed from lion desktop with the help of kextutility.app. so if u cant boot go to windows and move the
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext to safe location, delete the kenelcache, delete all nvidia kexts also intel gma kexts 950 x3100 HD ( dont delete 4 hd 3000, integratedframebuffer, snvb, snba we need this 7 kexts) restart and login to lion, u will be greeted with a 1024x768 screen resolution, now install the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with kextutilty.app, after successful completion, just run the kextutility.app again it will fix all kext permissions incase if something gone wrong while installing AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

Hope this helps, give it a try.

Update:

Nice to hear Deadsmile that its working, those artifact problems i think apple still have poor graphics drivers, they need to optimize them. Hopefully in the future updates of lion.

cheers

Hi I have a HP DV7 6140 http://h10025.www1.h...144916&sw_lang=
I have a complete DSDT without errors.
I want to instal Lion with your method.
Will I have a problem with Intel HD 3000 graphic card?

Why not give it a try, lets see whether my guide works on hp laptop or not.

Jszekely

Jszekely

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thanks to your guide, kexts, DSDT and help I have finally been able to get Lion installed on my non-3D XPS! I wasn't able to use iAtkos, but have already purchased Lion anyway. I installed using a UniBeastLE USBInstaller I'd created on my desktop Hackintosh, but since trying this my system always either froze or spontaneously rebooted in the middle of it. I'd read somewhere about using "PCIRoot=0"; since I figured I had nothing to lose I tried it. IT WORKED! I didn't need GraphicsEnabler=0, just -v busratio=22 PCIRoot=0.

I followed the rest of your guide (with the exception of using ##### Lion Edition to install FakeSMC and utilities). I also used the Chimera stand-alone installer from TonyMacx86.com. I even have sound now, beautiful! One odd thing: before following your guide I had an external monitor working, now it's not (in the regular install of Lion I configured using your instructions). I boot back into the Lion installer, and it works again! Go figure....

I used a VoodooBattery.kext, but it's got an X on it, and states there's no battery installed. Any ideas? Of course, I'm grateful to have the functionality I do here, anything else is just gravy. Oh, and sleep/wake seem to be working now, too.

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Here are the battery kexts, i havent included them in my kext pack as they were already included in iATKOS L2. So for those who use Lion retail installation, use these kexts and install them using kextutility.app.

Cheers

Attached Files

jimmy1987

jimmy1987

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I am wanting to use your guide also for my XPS 17 L702x but I have the version with the core i5. Can I also use your DSDT and files then? Or should I create my own DSDT like you said using the DSDT windows patcher.

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
@ Jimmy 1987

Using one' s own DSDT is always recommended.

Dharimou

Dharimou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
@ Mahesh

Hello,
i have an xps l501x which share the same webcam with the xps l702x and my problem is that the webcam is recognized by the system but doesn't work in photo boot , FaceTime, ichat or Skype.
I know you said it works job with your dsdt, is there anything i should add to my dsdt to make it work.

Thanks.

P.S: i am attaching a screenshot of system information the USB part where you can see the webcam is there.

Attached Files

mackyreddy

mackyreddy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Hi Dharimou,

Well i suggest u to install latest available chameleon bootloader v2 .1 ( i guess build 1801 anyways check this link http://www.osx86.net...1svn_r1801.html ), then give photo booth a try.

Hopefully it should work.

Cheers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy