{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Guide update to 10.9 is Done 

22jo.png

Contents

• Some information you need to know to bypass installation without panic or still waiting for root .
  • Bios mod --> latest bios mods for native power management and vesa mode .
  • Pre Install --> preparing your Usb Flash Memory for installation .
  • Post Install --> Finishing installation
  • Customisation --> optional ! .
  • Problems and Solutions .
  • Credits .
  • Updates .

some Info

you need to know that with Mavericks we need to make some customisation for every hardware spesfication .

our notebook have some customisation on cpu , graphics and wireless card .

so when you going to setup you must to know your cpu name to choose your SSDT-4.aml this table show to osx the power states that this cpu works with it .

you need also to use the correct DSDT.aml and SMBIOS this is determined by the presence of nvidia card or not .

if you are looking for using WIFI on osx the only working card is dell Wireless 1702 card .

you need to do bios mod it is a must .

Bios Mod

You can find here bios mod LINK

you will find tool to apply bios and bios mod .

• close all programs
  • open tool
  • choose bios file
  • press flash
  • wait till finish
  • close program
  • shutdown the notebook .. you done :)

this bios mod contain updated microcode , updated intel vbios with support for vesa mode & patched power management module .

Pre Install

for Pre Install you will need

• Mavericks 10.9 GM dmg .
  • Pre Install Folder LINK .
  • Usb Flash Memory 8 GB or more .
  • watching this Video .

now you ready for installation without any panic or any problem

start setuping :)

• Like 5

My model has an AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics card instead of a Nvidia card. Is there a separate DSDT for this configuration, or should I use one of the DSDT's from the pre install package?

try the one have nvidia and tell me the result

if failed try have no nvidia

if failed then you will need new dsdt 

Guide update to 10.9 is Done 

<3 This Topic is started since " 4 Nov 2011 " and still like a new one, What we should to do with u <3

I just wanna to say Thanks many times for u and every one who has add fix's or solved an issue or anything else to helping us.

Thnx once again " Mohamed Khairy " :)

<3 This Topic is started since " 4 Nov 2011 " and still like a new one, What we should to do with u <3

I just wanna to say Thanks many times for u and every one who has add fix's or solved an issue or anything else to helping us.

Thnx once again " Mohamed Khairy " :)

Thanks Mohamed...U did great things again...

hope that i make it easy  for you to success on transforming your notebook to MacBook Pro 8.x :)

• Like 1

Mohamed Khairy

Thanks for taking the time to prepare another video guide for mavericks.

I have a couple of questions to ask

Does the latest guide include the latest USB 3.0 kexts, black screen DSDT fixes, trackpad fix with 2 finger gestures etc?

Looking forward to starting over again on my friends dell :)

Mohamed Khairy

Thanks for taking the time to prepare another video guide for mavericks.

I have a couple of questions to ask

Does the latest guide include the latest USB 3.0 kexts, black screen DSDT fixes, trackpad fix with 2 finger gestures etc?

Looking forward to starting over again on my friends dell :)

the kexts is all the latest one

about dsdt for people don't having nvidia card not tested yet but supposed to work !

you can test

try the one have nvidia and tell me the result

if failed try have no nvidia

if failed then you will need new dsdt 

I tried both and I noticed that with both DSDT's, HDMI doesn't work after installing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. HDMI did work before I replaced the original one with the one from the post install package. Everything else seems to work fine.

I tried both and I noticed that with both DSDT's, HDMI doesn't work after installing the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. HDMI did work before I replaced the original one with the one from the post install package. Everything else seems to work fine.

i patched the kext for VGA and laptop screen only

my hdmi port with nvidia is use less

try this kext and tell me if hdmi works or not !

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

also about dsdt when you use have nvidia  dsdt do you see two cards or one card on system report ?

i patched the kext for VGA and laptop screen only

my hdmi port with nvidia is use less

try this kext and tell me if hdmi works or not !

attachicon.gifAppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip

also about dsdt when you use have nvidia  dsdt do you see two cards or one card on system report ?

HDMI does not work with this kext and only the Intel HD-video 3000 card shows up in the system report with the nvidia dsdt

the kexts is all the latest one

about dsdt for people don't having nvidia card not tested yet but supposed to work !

you can test

if you havent found out before, ill test when i have my friends laptop, i use a probook, i know his works on dsdt patch in 10.8.4..

Thanks again :)

ok try also VGA with it if you can

and will post for you dsdt for hdmi audio 

now

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

with this dsdt and above kext

your AMD card is disabled hdmi with audio works + VGA cable also works

if one of the above doesn't work tell me

hdmi display and vga works, but hdmi audio doesn't

I would be very interested in HDMI audio too, I failed to get it to work with DSDT patch in 10.8.4 after fixing black screen error, probably needed adjusting to suit the inspiron..

This guide is getting very close to be near perfect, just a couple more DSDT patches to get tested 

Well Done Mohamed and others who have helped along the way

I do have one important question to ask..

My friends still suffers with bad artefacts.. What fixes / version of FakeSMC are you using to resolve this these days?

Here it is

it is better to me to save it with ioregistryexplorer

thanks

I would be very interested in HDMI audio too, I failed to get it to work with DSDT patch in 10.8.4 after fixing black screen error, probably needed adjusting to suit the inspiron..

This guide is getting very close to be near perfect, just a couple more DSDT patches to get tested 

Well Done Mohamed and others who have helped along the way

I do have one important question to ask..

My friends still suffers with bad artefacts.. What fixes / version of FakeSMC are you using to resolve this these days?

the problem  that i can't test hdmi as my hdmi port isn't connected to the intel card so can do any thing for this port 

will make small try on it as i am very busy having final exams soooooon :(

about artifacts i don't have this problem also i posted on problem link for begin of discussion  about the problem read it may you get solution 

Hi, today I have upgraded to 10.9 but I have a problem about boot loader. After install boot loader was working but if I select MAC partition it justs reboots. However if I try to boot with USB install disk of 10.9 and select MAC partition I can boot the Mavericks. But I have another weird thing I can't see MAC partition in my computer. It doesn't list. What could be wrong?