2476 replies to this topic

wen1

wen1

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Florin9doi and Mohammed,

I could use some help with the trackpad on my Dell N7110.

It appears to have the same alps glidepoint touchpad as N5110. But i cannot get it working.

From device manager in windows the device id is DLL04D8. Also shows that it is compatible with pnp0f13

I see that in the info.plist you have a productid=547 and vendorid=1452
I am wondering if mine are not matching that.

Any ideas on how to extract these ids? Windows device manager does not show these for just this one device.

Thanks for any help

Artistus

Artistus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:CG, Design, Art, Music

Hey!
Finally after doing everything I found how to fix dis {censored}. After turning of wifi the mouse worked perfectly but just for a while.
here is tutorial for eferyone with magicmouse and dw1702
1. Download these. http://www.sendspace...LIwrcesjmvm0nZw
2. Use kextutil or kextwizard to install them
3. Warm boot in OSX using windows ubuntu or whatever
4. connect to any wifi network.
5. Go to network settings
6. Under wifi go to advanced.
7. Choose hardware-->configure manually and set that MTU to custom to 1400
8. apply settings & exit
9. Connect to mouse.
Voila, no lag and no disconnection. Thank me later... ;)

Hi, sexyass!
Thank's for trying to help.
But for me those kexts didn't make the solution. I installed them and for the first look worked good, but still was seen mouse cursor hang, while the mouse was still connected (hang was observed when often used 2-finger swipe gesture to right or left screen and backwards). After reboot my bluetooth adapter couldn't initialize anymore. So I had to repair old kexts using Time Machine.
I don't know why the mouse cursor hangs, but it stutters and lags because of interference with Wi-Fi signal. To remove those effects I had just to change Wi-Fi channel in the router's settings (from 6 to other - to 9 for example). Aftre that the cursor lags disappeared.
But the hang still occurs sometimes spontaneously (with your kexts - after multiple backwards swipe).

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hi all,

Ive been following this guide after struggling with installing using #####.

So I have copied the video perfectly, I have OS X ML downloaded from app store, only have hd3000 graphics so replaced the correct files, no need to replcace the one for processor as the correct one is in EXTRA for me.

I copied everything over one step at a time to my usb stick, and flashed the bios which changed it to version A11, However I see no extra options in there, should there be any?

I have disabled Virtualization and intel speedstep in bios, is that correct?

When I run the installer from chamealian, it runs, but gets so far when it seems to put the laptop in sleep mode (power button LED pulsating)

did I miss something?

Ive tried -v, there is no panic, just goes to black screen

I did manage to get installed with #####, but could only run with -x, and had no trackpad support etc, so thought it best to follow this guide once I had found it.

Any help much aprecciated.

Thanks

Rob

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Maybe somebody could just confirm to me how to check the bios was flashed properly?

It has changed to A11, but should there be additional options?

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Any settings I need to change in the bios that are not mentioned in the guide?

I've now reinstalled windows on the laptop in order to double check the hardware with everest again.

I also flashed the bios again just in case.

re downloaded ML on my other mac, started the usb process again.

When I try to boot from the usb, again, after selecting the install partition, it runs, but then the light on the power button flashes as if it is sleeping..

Anybody?

USB stick is in USB2, not USB3 although Ive tried both.

So, this is the last error message I see (its quick, had to film it)

transcript offline buffer pool allocate 18100 failed

I've read it might be an smbios error? no idea, I have copied over and replcaed the files in EXTRA for intel only graphics.

Because the laptop only has 1 USB2 port, and the other 2 are USB3 Ive had to put the USB stick and a mouse into a usb splitter.

Using my other montior on HDMI I have managed to get to the setup, create the partition, and continue, only to be left with blank screens on both monitors just a small way into the installation.

very frustrating as it clearly works on these systems...

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
So I've got to the OS.

Display only on HDMI to my monitor, nothing on laptop display, audio works, trackpad seems glitchy, wifi not working, "still waiting for root" on every reboot, only -f gets me around it.

I think I'm wasting my time here though, no response, is this a dead forum?

Perhaps this guide is old now, out of date, needs more info adding to it to be a stable method, a warning should be added to the front page pointing out that.

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Interests:Wandering around on the internet!! Politics, Sci/Tech, Medicine.
Guys please, I just installed OS X 10.8.2 on my sister's N5110 and the trackpad is not working properly. Its very jerky and I can't use touch to click.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sexyass

sexyass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
I found a new way to enable bt (the atheros one) without restarting.

Leave all the kexts how they are.
Download bootable image for os which supports this bt device. (I used ubuntu 12.04, its small and fast)
Download VMware Fusion
Create virtual machine, and install ubuntu on it.
Choose not to share bt devices with VM.
add in USB and bt connections choose our bt card ( my writes Hewlet packards bt and turns Atheros after getting enabled)
when cold booted and bt is disabled just simply start VM and let it reach desktop. and shut it down.
thats all the bt will be automatically enabled. close the vm and thats all.

Coming to apple BT mouse
Dont use two fingers, or ull get a crash even if wifi is disabled.
to overcome lagginess turn off and then on wifiin network settings.

2 finger and 3 finger gestures will work without crash but don't keep more than 1 finger on the mouse!

Edit: Finally I did it! Yeah, the product id was the problem. I fixed it now. Here is the kext over here. Delete applehidmouse kext in s/l/e and download this kext. Use any kext installer to install this kext and fix permissions. The mouse works great! here is the link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/prlmqu

this kext disables multitouch

i'll upload the one with multitouch later as soon as i finish

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
@sexyass:
It didn't work! I installed the new kext but trackpad is still jumpy/jerky!!
I have to move my finger very slowly on the pad to get it to work at all. If I move quickly it doesn't detect movement.
Also, when I release my finger off the pad the cursor tends to move up a few centimeters so I can't tap to click something :(

Is there no one here who had this problem before?! Any fix?

sexyass

sexyass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

@sexyass:
I have to move my finger very slowly on the pad to get it to work at all. If I move quickly it doesn't detect movement.
Also, when I release my finger off the pad the cursor tends to move up a few centimeters so I can't tap to click something :(

This is meant for apple magic mouse, the bluetooth one, not touchpad. sorry

did u try going to settings-->trackpad and decreasing tracking speed, you can try the same with mouse settings

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I had the same issues, I could actually hover my finger over the pad without touching it, probably about 3-4mm away and watch the mouse pointer jerk all over the place.

I removed the trackpad kexts totally, using nothing, and the pad and mouse buttons function as they would in windows, so I lost the OS X gestures, but its as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Good luck

@sexyass:

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,509 posts

I had the same issues, I could actually hover my finger over the pad without touching it, probably about 3-4mm away and watch the mouse pointer jerk all over the place.

I removed the trackpad kexts totally, using nothing, and the pad and mouse buttons function as they would in windows, so I lost the OS X gestures, but its as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Good luck

I fixed mine using an older version of voodoo which at least works (detected as a mouse).

Amadeu_Modigliani

Amadeu_Modigliani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I do not have windows installed on my machine. Is there another way to flash bios?

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I tried in linux, but was a bit of hassel, in the end I quickly installed windows then done it to be on the safe side.

sanya000

sanya000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I do not have windows installed on my machine. Is there another way to flash bios?

Look at here: http://ubuntuforums....d.php?t=1901977

Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
Here is what I did so far to make my system more stable:

- Revert to older version of PXHCD.kext (.10) as newer one (.11) trashes the system log and caused me a kernel panic once.
- Revert to AppleACPIPS2Nub and ApplePS2Controller as VoodooPS2 caused my trackpad to go crazy!!
- Used patched VoodooHDA as the AppleHDA provided in the guide causes assertion errors during boot.
- Renamed devices in DSDT to their mac equivalents . (probably not needed, but just to be safe with future updates)

Light1319

Light1319

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
So guys if i change if i use old graphics kext form osx lion and remove the one form moutain lion would my vga work ? like it did on lion

also anyone got HDMi working 100% ?

rob1980

rob1980

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I had HDMI working, as in displaying correctly at 1080p (not mirrored) the issue I had, was that I could not then get the laptop to boot properly, it would black screen until I plugged something into the HDMI and removed it again to get a display on the laptop.

But I have had to resort to installing another way, and its far from complete due to the lack of support here :( (although people seem to be responding lately)

Amadeu_Modigliani

Amadeu_Modigliani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

yes. Boot DOS Disk + afudos .

Light1319

Light1319

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
well if the bios patch didn't work just delete the appleintellpowermangement kext and everything should be find

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy