• Please log in to reply
2188 replies to this topic

amiiine

amiiine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

yeah i installed it on my dell with iatkos l1 in the first place... but i don't get why i should install chameleon, because i already have it installed or do you mean reinstall? does installing chameleon again create mach_kernel?

okay i dissembled my laptop ... connected the hard drive as an external to my desktop mac and removed mach_kernel (yes there already was one) and replaced it with your one, built the laptop back and i still doesn't boot and says that it can't find mach_kernel

why?? :S

So i tried that too. Didn't work either :S
But instead i put the old files back and now everything is working as before...
In which file is the Sleepmode set? I saw that at least my boot.plist and the smbios.plist are almost completely similar to the ones amiiine gave me.. so i think its in the dsdt, right?
I'm attaching my dsdt and maybe you can figure out what to change :)

okey the DSDT is the problem i will test it now and recompile it then i will give you new dsdt with correct values
After test the DSDT is not the problem and there is same as mine
I remember that i was able to repair mach_kernel not found problem when i click return a couple of times the system start up and i remember this problem has been shown only at iatkos l1 and i don't know why

Edited by amiiine, 01 April 2012 - 12:29 AM.

amiiine

amiiine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Hi everyone.

I have the newest N5110 Core i7, with A09 Dell BIOS.

I am beginning to believe that I will never get a working bootloader on this machine. Startup goes very quickly to 0MB NVIDIA GT525m, and then freeze, or black screen freeze (no HDD activity after that).

Somewhere I read that BIOS will not boot from GUID partition, so I did an MBR install (after patching OSInstall etc.) but that had an identical result.

I have tried many different guides, but if someone with working Core i7 N5110, could help me with necessary bootloader installer, kexts and dsdt.aml and smbios.plist, and org.chameleon.Boot.plist, I would be very grateful indeed. I have had 10.6.7 installed and booting off CD bootloader, but vital startup kexts get overridden, and muck everything up.

Pls help, I would like to get this booting off HDD!

OK, I have managed to install N*resh Lion 10.7.2 on my N5110 Core i7 (2.2GHz)

Due to time constraints, I have not had time to thoroughly test it. I have working Intel HD Graphics 3000 - 384MB, external USB WiFi (thanks to some help), Keyboard/Touchpad (no multitouch at all), USB 3.0 works (WiFi dongle needs to be in USB 2.0 slot tho?).

What I have discovered is that non of the DSDT files I have stored, actually work, and if I use the long device-properties in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, the graphics fall over on startup.

I am not an expert at Lion, and an absolute beginner at Intel HD Graphics, but I need some help getting sound/battery-power management, and sleep working. Also, I would love a PS2 trackpad driver that works with the control panel. Oh, and working brightness.

Cheers, and many thanks.

look
at boot write "GraphicsEnabler=No" because the system hang up at boot with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" and Apple Dos Not Support Optimus Driver until now so we still back to Integrated Graphic
about battery install voodoobattery
about sound install voodooHda 2.7.3 OR give me your DSDT to make some audio hack and remove voodoohda replace it with applehda
about brightness works good go system preferences - display and change it
about trackpad panel don't work with alps dell touchpad so the only thing is to remove voodoops2controller.kext from S*/L*/E* and install this kext http://jumbofiles.com/lxeb124nt5l9

please amiine would your custom DSDT and kexts work for my n7110, (the 17'' version of the n5110) i7 2670QM , intel HD Graphics, GT 525, cause i cant get my own custom DSDT winth DSDTSE that gaves me always 201 errors when compiling to get my HD 3000 working?

try it i think it work and send me your dsdt.aml to compile it

I have installed 10.7.3 on my Dell Inspiron N 4110 using U.B/M.B method, and it's running great with sound, wifi etc. Only issue is that it does not reboot or shutdown. But I can do both from the command mode. The graphical mode does not do this. I tried DSDT patch from here but after doing that now the shutdown makes the system reboot. This reboot happens without the lights on the power switch or the other three keys blinking..
How can I have normal reboot and shutdown??

try to remove evoreboot and you have to install speed stepper for lion http://www.insanelym...opic=258611�and go to system preferences - EnergySaver - check all cases uncheked
or try this DSDT

Attached Files

samiouanes

samiouanes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Is there any way to disable the Intel gfx card and keep the Nvidia ? Indeed, my Nvidia card seems to be recognized and kexts are loaded, but I couldn't get the Intel to work. QE/CI is disabled and I'm stuck at 1024*768 resolution because Mac OS X is trying to use the Intel by default. Is there any way to force the OS to use the Nvidia card ?

amiiine

amiiine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Is there any way to disable the Intel gfx card and keep the Nvidia ? Indeed, my Nvidia card seems to be recognized and kexts are loaded, but I couldn't get the Intel to work. QE/CI is disabled and I'm stuck at 1024*768 resolution because Mac OS X is trying to use the Intel by default. Is there any way to force the OS to use the Nvidia card ?

can you take snapshot of ur intel gfx info ??
and for nvidia don't work untill now :( and if you disable integrated gfx you can't boot anymore cause chameleon / chimera bootloader recognize nvidia card but the system reject it like Asus U43SD Users they can't boot into the system cause the system can't recognize gt520M.

samiouanes

samiouanes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

can you take snapshot of ur intel gfx info ??
and for nvidia don't work untill now :( and if you disable integrated gfx you can't boot anymore cause chameleon / chimera bootloader recognize nvidia card but the system reject it like Asus U43SD Users they can't boot into the system cause the system can't recognize gt520M.

Here's my Intel gfx info :

3]Display:

3] Type: GPU

3] Bus: Built-In

3] VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

3] Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

3] Device ID: 0x0116

3] Revision ID: 0x0009

3] Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

3] Displays:

65]Display:

65] Resolution: 1024 x 768

65] Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

65] Main Display: Yes

65] Mirror: Off

65] Online: Yes

Attached Files

ennar

ennar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
aiiiii, even without changing anything , i got 201 compiling errors on windows, but on my hack it compiles and here is my dsdt.aml(hope it's correct one , and here is my display snapshot(without zoom)

Posted Image

Attached File  dsdt.rar   16.29KB   28 downloads

Axegrinder

Axegrinder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

thinking on trying mountian lion

Hey Mohamed! Thank you for all your sharing of useful info! Just wanted to ask if you had a chance to try the ML and whether it looks any more promising to get the GT 525 M to work or disabling it to stop it from eating up the battery to extend the battery time (I am getting only 2:30 hours on 10.7.3 vs 5:00 hrs on Windows 7). Thanks in advance!

Sebastian Nitu

Sebastian Nitu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Am I the only one who encountered the color "aberrations" on intel HD3000 using the i5 with Intel Wifi model and this guide? Please help!

ps1x

ps1x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Btw still can't get QE/CI work on Mohamed's configuration. I have native resolution 1366x768 but no 3D. Where to get proper kext? I have also Mohamed's DSDT. Wifi is fully working now, looks like bluetooth and sound works also. Only Intel HD 3000 does not :(
upd: btw, writing this from my hack'n'tosh :D

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts
i just updated guide hope you like new one ;)

about mountain lion i failed to install as i don't have a good source for mountain lion :(

Sebastian Nitu

Sebastian Nitu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Someone, can you please advise, there are lots of artifacts on the screen from the graphic card (running i5 with Nvidia and Intel Wifi). Please, I am unable to figure this out! Honestly!

Axegrinder

Axegrinder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Someone, can you please advise, there are lots of artifacts on the screen from the graphic card (running i5 with Nvidia and Intel Wifi). Please, I am unable to figure this out! Honestly!

Are you getting those artifacts when you boot into OS X without DSDT? I get some occasional artifacts but they are minor and rare (on n5110 with i7-2670QM). And it'd be easier to judge if you could post some screen shots.

nvidia card isn't working so no large power consumption

I believe GT 525 M is powered up and while there's no solution available yet to get it to operate as a fully functional video adapter it simply consumes power and generates heat. I suspect that is the most probable reason for a shorter battery life (almost 50% of what I get in Windows 7) and the more intensive fan operation under Lion vs Windows 7. I observed that when I make the Nvidia active for all programs in Windows 7 (so that all video gets processed through the card - not sure if that deactivates Intel HD3000 but still) my battery life gets very close to what I get in OS X. That leads me to believe that if we could find a way to patch DSDT to power down NVidia - we'd get a quieter, cooler and longer operation on battery in Lion on our n5110.

I've discovered a great topic over here - http://www.projectos...573

I tried to pull together into a single post everything I could understand in there and posted again some question. It'd be great if you guys could join in on the effort. It's quite a pity that NVidia is just "spinning" for nothing and eats up 40-50% of the battery and adds to the heat and noise of this nice laptop!

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,135 posts

Are you getting those artifacts when you boot into OS X without DSDT? I get some occasional artifacts but they are minor and rare (on n5110 with i7-2670QM). And it'd be easier to judge if you could post some screen shots.

I believe GT 525 M is powered up and while there's no solution available yet to get it to operate as a fully functional video adapter it simply consumes power and generates heat. I suspect that is the most probable reason for a shorter battery life (almost 50% of what I get in Windows 7) and the more intensive fan operation under Lion vs Windows 7. I observed that when I make the Nvidia active for all programs in Windows 7 (so that all video gets processed through the card - not sure if that deactivates Intel HD3000 but still) my battery life gets very close to what I get in OS X. That leads me to believe that if we could find a way to patch DSDT to power down NVidia - we'd get a quieter, cooler and longer operation on battery in Lion on our n5110.

I tried to pull together into a single post everything I could understand in there and posted again some question. It'd be great if you guys could join in on the effort. It's quite a pity that NVidia is just "spinning" for nothing and eats up 40-50% of the battery and adds to the heat and noise of this nice laptop!

i was trying with DoiX to disable our nvidia card
but as you see i failed and given up

our notebook acpi table is complicated on some sort
as now iam trying to get acpi montior and nearly also will fail

this is because it need a person who studited programming langauge and to me i study a diffrent sciences (medecin)
so it is too hard to me to go farther than that :(

any way there are a notice that the temp of nvidia card is elevate and get down with the temp of cpu and on the same rang

Sebastian Nitu

Sebastian Nitu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Thanks for remarking my post, I am quite desperate. Here are a few screenshots: Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

I have tried "GraphicsEnabler=No" with no luck. Mission Control freezes for a few seconds (10 - 20) and on very very very rare occasions the system boots up without any artifacts, but then after 15 minutes or so it goes all crazy again. :(

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,135 posts
can you try use vga monitor only and see if this artifact still here
also can you tell me your hardware parts ?
and which bios you use

Sebastian Nitu

Sebastian Nitu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

can you try use vga monitor only and see if this artifact still here
also can you tell me your hardware parts ?
and which bios you use

I do not have a VGA Monitor available :( . I have the N5110 i5 model with Nvidia and Intel Wifi all running under BIOS V 09

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,135 posts

I do not have a VGA Monitor available :( . I have the N5110 i5 model with Nvidia and Intel Wifi all running under BIOS V 09

you dont have a friend having a vga one to test that on it ?

Sebastian Nitu

Sebastian Nitu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

you dont have a friend having a vga one to test that on it ?

Unfortunately not anywhere near. :( Might this be an hardware issue? It is so odd...

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,135 posts

Unfortunately not anywhere near. :( Might this be an hardware issue? It is so odd...

this is important to exclude that the laptop screen is causing problem

Sebastian Nitu

Sebastian Nitu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

this is important to exclude that the laptop screen is causing problem

I will take a look into this and come back tomorrow with further details. Thanks

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy