Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

am i right that the procedure with iATKOS L2 is nearly the same as with L1?

the advantage over L1 is, that it has a new chameleon onbaord, so that i can install with Graphic Enabler directly.

is that right?

and by the way - thanks for that great tutorial.

rushclub

Haven't tried L2 by myself but it is said that it's using chameleon 1650 and that version should be fine with HD3000.

hi there,

havin a problem, booting the lenovo from my generated usb stick with iatkos.

what i have done so far:

- formatted the stick journaled with mbr style

- recovered iATKS_L2 to the newly formatted stick

- put symbios.plist in Extras

- put AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext in System/Library/Extensions

- put the stick in my lenovo and boot with F12

- there are two option: Windows (preinstalled windows 7 OEM on my lenovo. ist that the problem?) and chameleon.

- select cameleon.

- a black screen for a few seconds ending in "windows-start-manager" telling me, there is a problem with booting windows.

- when i now select windows it boots up properly.

what am i missing? anyone has an idea on this topic?

rushclub

normally it is so. if you have another usb stick, just download chameleon and install it to the second one.

Then try to boot. After that you should be able to choose your first usb stick, where you extracted iatkos.

Maybe there was something wrong, extracting iatkos to usb.

Try it again or I recommend easily burn the iso file to a dvd and just boot the dvd.

It's the easiest way I think.

managed to get nearly everything to work including wifi. but after a time i lost the wifi connection after the leno was at sleep.

tried to reconnect but get a timeout. reboot. nothing changes. timeout again. anyone has an idea? havin an AtherosAR9285.

rushclub

managed to get nearly everything to work including wifi. but after a time i lost the wifi connection after the leno was at sleep.

tried to reconnect but get a timeout. reboot. nothing changes. timeout again. anyone has an idea? havin an AtherosAR9285.

rushclub

try deactivating wi-fi and activate it again. worked for me. had the same problem

Hi Macinsane,

First of all, thank you for this guide. I managed to install iAtkos L2 on my B570, and all seems OK, except that after installing some apps, the boot time went up drastically. After re-reading you first post, I figured that it might be caused by a specific application. Currently I have iWork '09, iLife '11 and Matlab installed with some related updates and some video apps still waiting for installation. Do you have any idea which one caused this?

I feel like an idiot... I can't seem to get my installation USB to allow install on the MBR formatted partition. I used nawcom's patch and several different install methods and still can't get it to install to the MBR formatted drive. Sorry if this is somewhere else but I've searched and not found anything that works. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

I finished installing everything, and everything is fine but i have a problem. The wifi and ethernet has a "self-assigned ip address" no matter what network i log on to. So I can't connect to the internet. I don't know if i missed a step or forgot to do something extra. And i know my internet works because i tried it on windows 7 and it works fine.

I deactivated and reactivated the wifi

Deleted the entry and re did it

i ran the assist me

I ran the dianogstic but nothing is working.

Help

I finished installing everything, and everything is fine but i have a problem. The wifi and ethernet has a "self-assigned ip address" no matter what network i log on to. So I can't connect to the internet. I don't know if i missed a step or forgot to do something extra. And i know my internet works because i tried it on windows 7 and it works fine.

I deactivated and reactivated the wifi

Deleted the entry and re did it

i ran the assist me

I ran the dianogstic but nothing is working.

Help

If you have the Atheros AR9285 you may not use the patched kexts but the dsdt patch instead (as it is explained in the guide) or else you'll not be able to connect to wifi networks that are using the n-standard (the fastest one, default on up-to-date routers).

Hi Macinsane,

First of all, thank you for this guide. I managed to install iAtkos L2 on my B570, and all seems OK, except that after installing some apps, the boot time went up drastically. After re-reading you first post, I figured that it might be caused by a specific application. Currently I have iWork '09, iLife '11 and Matlab installed with some related updates and some video apps still waiting for installation. Do you have any idea which one caused this?

Never heard that these apps would cause longer boot time. Have you activated kernelcache=yes in your org.chameleon.boot.plist? Are you quitting apps or do you leave them open when shutting down (Lion will start them on boot, if you haven't quit them before and that may take some time...)?

If you have the Atheros AR9285 you may not use the patched kexts but the dsdt patch instead (as it is explained in the guide) or else you'll not be able to connect to wifi networks that are using the n-standard (the fastest one, default on up-to-date routers).

Never heard that these apps would cause longer boot time. Have you activated kernelcache=yes in your org.chameleon.boot.plist? Are you quitting apps or do you leave them open when shutting down (Lion will start them on boot, if you haven't quit them before and that may take some time...)?

Thanks everything is perfect now

Re-reading my first post, I can see that I wasn't too clean describing the problem, sorry about that. My boot looks like this:

Light grey screen with Apple logo: ~1 - 1.5 min

Light blue screen: ~4min

Unresponsive login screen: ~4min

So when the login screen appears, it's only responding to any input after another few minutes waiting (mouse cursor moves thou).

Kernel cache is enabled in Chameleon plist. Sometimes I leave some apps open upon shutting down the system, it doesn't make any difference in the boot time.

Hey there!

Saw this thread and noticed the specs are similar to my HP g7-1260us. It has a i3-2330m processor with intel HD 3000 graphics. Wondering if anyone could give me advice as to how to procede with trying a hackintosh on it, and if I could get full resolution on my laptop (1600x900) and working audio? My main concern is the audio because the whole point of the build is to run Logic, however since the g7-1260us has a 17" screen (I have old eyes) it would be nice to be able to utilize the full screen.

I have iatkos L2 burnt as an .iso image, and was going to try to install it in VirtualBox. This has worked succesfully with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + Snow leopard retail disk, so I think it should work with iatkos L2, but I dont know if it is a lost cause to get the audio and video working. This thread gives me hope because of the similar specs! Thanks!!!

Re-reading my first post, I can see that I wasn't too clean describing the problem, sorry about that. My boot looks like this:

Light grey screen with Apple logo: ~1 - 1.5 min

Light blue screen: ~4min

Unresponsive login screen: ~4min

So when the login screen appears, it's only responding to any input after another few minutes waiting (mouse cursor moves thou).

Kernel cache is enabled in Chameleon plist. Sometimes I leave some apps open upon shutting down the system, it doesn't make any difference in the boot time.

I made a second attempt at installing Mac OS on my Lenovo, and this time it went much better & the boot time is good as well. I'm not sure what mistake I made during the first attempt, but everything's fine now.

Again, thank you for this guide! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i'm trying this for 2 days now...

The Laptop is exact the same as in the description.(Lenovo B570, Intel i3-2330 ....)

With a VMWare OSX on another Machine i put

- iAtkos L2

- a

symbios.plist , which i'm not sure about (not from that laptop) to the Extra Folder <- Where do i get that? I just copied a standard Macbook Pro 8,1 and edited the fields

SMserial, SMbiosversion, SMUUID.

- put the

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext to the

System/Library/Extensions folder

- installed

Chameleon v2.1svn 1650 on the USB

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245B3640C91C81</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>**Here i put the Lenovo ID**</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>**Here i put the Bios Version**</string>
<key>SMUUID</key>
<string>**Here i put the UUID**</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I don't have Mac running on the Lenovo, but created a partition with windows.

Now when i install iAtkos L2, he just asks me for language and partition, i choose the right partition and he starts.

He doesn't ask me anything. Then he restarts. When Mac tries to boot then, it freezes after a minute.

What do i do wrong ???

Thanks for help.

Sorry for my english!!! Many people say about not working WiFi & sound.

I do so: after official update (first 10.7.2,today 10.7.3) i replace ext. from first post:

New_Updated_Kexts.zip

PowerManagement.zip

Wifi_DSDT.aml

Maybe i do wrong BUT,everything work fine!WiFi & sound works perfect!

Here is my smbios,boot.plist, chameleon.plist & dsdt. http://min.us/mh7LFEPYE

macinsane, do you have HD 3000 power management enabled? I mean GPUPLimit 0x0 in IORegistryExplorer (above/under CPUPLimit). It seems that MBP8.x has that value, but for now I was unable to get it on my ThinkPad E420s (i5-2430, HM65, HD 3000, RTL ethernet, Intel wifi, JMicron cardreader and Conexant audio).

Hey Rushclub!

Thanks for the short advice. It WORKS NOW!!

I'm a proud owner of a Lenovo B570 with OSX 10.7.2 =)

One thing I had to find out was that the Windows Key now works as the ALT Key.

Everything works pretty.

The Laptop gets his Wifi Connection via the Bluetooth PAN. Is that a problem? I don't see any differences.

macinsane; thanks so much for this - it's all I needed to get iAtkos L2 on my Lenovo v570.

I even updated to 10.7.3. ;)

The only problem I have is to get QE/CI working. I have done following:

* smbios macbook 8,1 (your version)

* Chameleon version r1650 (from iAtkos L2 disk)

* Graphics Enabler = y

No QE/CI though (looking for ripple effect in Dashboard add widget).

Any clues what to try next?

EDIT: QE/CI is working! I was trying to check QE using 'Dashboard add widget ripple effect' but just learned this effect is not enabled by default in Lion!

To enable it: System Prefs > Mission Control > Uncheck 'Show Dashboard as a space'

Thanks again!