Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

Thanks again macinsane.

1)re:SleepEnabler not deleted - this is entirely possible.

2)re:PowerManagement - I did follow your suggestion for this patch when installing and subsequently updating, but possible I

3)re: working boot drive to copy - I could use the same procedure as before to copy? Booting with iATKOS and using cp command in Terminal?

I think its most likely the DSDT.aml missing from the /Extra folder. I believe this file is back in your first post, correct?

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

Forgot to mention that I wiped the hard drive clean of Windows (I had no intention of creating a dual boot system or keeping Windows for that matter) before I installed OS...so MacDrive looks like its out of the question.

"-pmVersion=0" command at boot: resulted in kernel panic restart.

Does this prove its SleepEnabler causing the error or does it eliminate it as a possibility and narrow it down to NullCPUManagement.kext /DSDT.aml file?

ROCKAVELI

The command is "-pmVersion=0". That could help if you have SleepEnabler.kext installed and you didn't delete it before updating to 10.7.2. Is this the case?

Unfortunately if this panic is caused by missing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (if you haven't installed the PowerManagement patch like I suggested) then you need some kind of working boot drive and copy it over to your install (in S/L/E).

If you have patched the PowerManagement and you didn't have put my DSDT.aml in /Extra that could be the cause of the panic too. Again, you need a working install to copy it over.

You can use Windows to copy the necessary files if you install the program "Macdrive" which gives you access to Mac Partitions. But this program is commercial.

Hello macinsane, the sleep is ok with the new update kext, when the screen is open the auto sleep o stop setting is ok, but when the screen is closed the sleep don't work, try to go in sleep but wake and try to go sleep and wake....repeat this circle...

is problem lid fix in DSDT???

where fix LID in DSDT????

can you help me???

Hello macinsane, the sleep is ok with the new update kext, when the screen is open the auto sleep o stop setting is ok, but when the screen is closed the sleep don't work, try to go in sleep but wake and try to go sleep and wake....repeat this circle...

is problem lid fix in DSDT???

where fix LID in DSDT????

can you help me???

Update On second thought: I believe your problem has nothing to do with the lid device, most likely the instant wakeup is caused by usb. So copy the usb sections of my dsdt into yours, that should do it (But you can't do anything wrong with the code in this post).

Change your lid device like this:

Device (LID0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
		Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Return (Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0B, 
				0x04
			})
		}

Name (LIDS, One)
		Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.KLID, LIDS)
			XOr (LIDS, One, Local0)
			If (Local0)
			{
				Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
			}

Return (LIDS)
		}

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
		{
			If (ECON)
			{
				Store (Arg0, ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.LIDW)
			}
			Else
			{
				If (Arg0)
				{
					MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, 0x10)
				}
				Else
				{
					MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, Zero)
				}
			}
		}
	}

Maybe this is needed too but I'm not sure:

Device (PNLF)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
		Name (_CID, "backlight")
		Name (_UID, 0x0A)
		Name (_STA, 0x0B)
	}

Greetings,

Just wanted to give a quick update on my Lenovo hackintosh.

After all the BS I went through earlier with Kernel Panics, I went back and started all over.

I used iATKOS_L1 with a Chameleon 14xx bootloader (eventually updated after successful boot).

You guys know the rest of the details - I used macinsane's guide (took notes on it too to make sure I didn't make the same mistakes as before).

So now, I'm in 10.7.2 running smoothly with no KPs and consistent and quick bootup (no Windows/dual boot on this machine). :)

The only major things that I cannot live without are...

Sound : (not working- outputs not showing up in System Prefs)

Using AppleHDA - properly installed via KextWizard. and even deleted/reinstalled... Before I was using VoodooHDA but decided against it for stability(KP) issues.

Not sure what I'm missing - I'm using macinsane's DSDT.aml file so maybe there is something I'm missing in there. To repeat myself, I'm not an advanced user but am really good at following directions and learn quickly so if anyone can explain what I'm missing. (Also, if someone has already gone over this issue earlier I'll edit this post...)

AND...

Wifi: I bought an Atheros wifi card (same as macinsane's) to replace the uncompatible stock one. But it only had 1 'lead' as a result was not recognized ...back to ebay to buy another one.

After proper installation what steps will I need to go through to get Wifi up and running? Are the provided kexts enough?

Really, sound is the biggest issue. I edit video and produce music so its a MUST.

Bluetooth would be nice for my wireless mouse/keyboard but not as big a deal as sound.

Thanks guys for your support and advice. (and patience)

ROCKAVELI

Greetings,

Just wanted to give a quick update on my Lenovo hackintosh.

After all the BS I went through earlier with Kernel Panics, I went back and started all over.

I used iATKOS_L1 with a Chameleon 14xx bootloader (eventually updated after successful boot).

You guys know the rest of the details - I used macinsane's guide (took notes on it too to make sure I didn't make the same mistakes as before).

So now, I'm in 10.7.2 running smoothly with no KPs and consistent and quick bootup (no Windows/dual boot on this machine). -_-

The only major things that I cannot live without are...

Sound : (not working- outputs not showing up in System Prefs)

Using AppleHDA - properly installed via KextWizard. and even deleted/reinstalled... Before I was using VoodooHDA but decided against it for stability(KP) issues.

Not sure what I'm missing - I'm using macinsane's DSDT.aml file so maybe there is something I'm missing in there. To repeat myself, I'm not an advanced user but am really good at following directions and learn quickly so if anyone can explain what I'm missing. (Also, if someone has already gone over this issue earlier I'll edit this post...)

AND...

Wifi: I bought an Atheros wifi card (same as macinsane's) to replace the uncompatible stock one. But it only had 1 'lead' as a result was not recognized ...back to ebay to buy another one.

After proper installation what steps will I need to go through to get Wifi up and running? Are the provided kexts enough?

Really, sound is the biggest issue. I edit video and produce music so its a MUST.

Bluetooth would be nice for my wireless mouse/keyboard but not as big a deal as sound.

Thanks guys for your support and advice. (and patience)

ROCKAVELI

Hey Rockaveli,

we need some information here: do you really have Realtek ALC272 audio? The dsdt and patched AppleHDA will only work with that specific card. On some models Lenovo put in a Conexant card.

For Wifi: if you get the Atheros running in your laptop (and there is a chance that it might not work, because it could be blacklisted in your BIOS, in that case you have to flash a hacked BIOS – what I wouldn't even recommend experienced users) you must simply install the IO80211Family.kext. That's all.

First, thanks to everyone here for all the input. Just picked up my B570 a few days ago hoping it would be on sale...not the case but I couldn't wait any longer. As promised, and after following this guide to the "T", I now have a fully functioning hackintosh laptop, besides the card reader, but meh, I can't even remember the last time I used one (last year sometime, and I have a usb card reader; problem solved)

The only other issue I have is the wi-fi. Unfortunately, my B570 BIOS has the Atheros AR9285 blacklisted....very frustrating. I get the -104 error device not supported at every boot. However, I did find a work around that allows me to use it. I simply boot the bios with the included broadcom BCM4620 card, then at the chameleon boot loader, i hot-swap that card with the atheros card. I choose my lion partition, and it works great from there. The only issue is that if I ever have to restart or shut down my computer, I have to do the procedure all over again. But thanks to everyones hard work on the sleep function, I don't really see me having to restart or shut down often at all. So I can live with that until perhaps a better solution presents itself. Hope this helps someone.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the ones with the incompatible Broadcom 4313. I searched Google until I found the following BIOS mod. It removes the whitelist completely from the BIOS.

http://www.bios-mods...ist-Mod-Request

More specifically http://dl.dropbox.co..._ByCamiloml.exe

But I'm weary about trying an untried BIOS from an unknown website.

Anyone ever heard of this site? Anyone want to try this? :(

EDIT: Has anyone tried a wifi card in the WWAN slot with pin 20 taped over? I may try it, today.

• Like 1

i flashed back to the 36 bios then flashed the whitelist removed bios and works fine with my ar9287

thanx macinsane. your instructions worked perfectly on my z570. i just wanted to know is your trackpad jumpy? mine is not so accurate. its driving me nuts after coming from a real mac!

i flashed back to the 36 bios then flashed the whitelist removed bios and works fine with my ar9287

thanx macinsane. your instructions worked perfectly on my z570. i just wanted to know is your trackpad jumpy? mine is not so accurate. its driving me nuts after coming from a real mac!

Which BIOS did you flash? Do the Z570 and to B570 share the same BIOS?

Hello,

many thanks for this great guide !

My initial install with iAtkos-L2 didn't seem very snappy in usage, so I tried again, using the Lion 10.7 installation app from the app store (having copied it onto a USB stick with "[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]"). After running the 10.7.2 updater, then added your kexts as instructed.

Everything seems to work fine except wifi.

My B570 does have the Atheros AR9285, and I installed your IO80211Family.kext

I can see the SSID of my router in the network preferences and its indicator turns green activated, but it doesn't succeed to obtain DHCP addresses. And even when I put in all the IPs manually and add a DNS ip, no application can connect to the internet, even though the network preferences shows "green". (The router is a Netgear WNR3500L which works fine with the same B570 under Windows 7).

The network works ok with ethernet (it's a bit slow to obtain the DHCP).

Many thanks for any hints !

Unfortunately the hacked kext for the Atheros is not capable of using the wifi n-standard. You have to configure your router for using the g-standard (54 Mbit/s), then you should be able to connect to the internet. I'm looking for a solution since quite some time, but haven't found one yet.

Mine is fine in general, but is too sensitive when I accidentally touch the trackpad. But to be honest: I don't expect a 350 € laptop to be as good as a 1000 € macbook... ;)

did you edit the dsdt yourself? were is the wifi card at in it? i changed mine to a ar9287 which worked fine in 10.7 but after update to 10.7.2 it doesnt work with the same kext i used to make it work. wondering if if could be done with dsdt patch

Hi thanks for your tutorial! I've attempted to install this on my B570 and came close to installing it. However, when I boot, I get the a gray Apple logo and the load animation. After a minute or two it just stalls and freezes. I am determined to install iAktosL1 onto this machine please help.

-x does the same thing, a load bar appears under the logo and circular load animation

-f same things

-v im assuming loads certain information in a grey screen with white text, it then proceeds to a black screen and finishes with TRANSCRIPT OFFLINE - buffer pool allocate [181000] failed and hangs

I've since then erased the USB and repartitioned and installed a again a few more times, however, now when I plug the USB it isn't even recognized when booted only the HDD that I came close to installing. I have to press a key for more options. Both the HDD and USB then show up. After selecting the USB, it loads information in grey screen with white text then proceeds to black screen with white text and hang with to this message:

USBMCS Identifier (non-unique): AAB8058400000094 0x154b 0x44 0x8192

I'm scratching my head as to what it was I did or didn't do this time that I can't even get to the Welcome screen, customize the install and select the HDD.

As per your instruction, this is my process:

-Scan dmg for restore and restore to USB

-Move smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist to Extra folder and authenticate

-Move DSDT.aml to Extra folder (also tried not moving)

-Keymaps the same, tried with not including and including in Extra folder

-Move kext to S/L/E folder (i've tried moving all and also just moving a few that you pointed out)

-Move themes

-Install Chameleon

What advice can I do at this point? I shall try a few more ways.

Thanks!

Ok, I am a complete newb at this so bear with me.

I've got iAtkos installed, but can't boot as it hangs at the apple logo. This I imagine is covered in step 4 in that I need the right smbios. But I am instructed to boot to a working installation of OS X to change said smbios.

I am now trying to install iAtkos to a different USB drive and thus boot into that to edit the smbios file contained on the hard drive. Is this necessary? Is this what is meant by booting into a working OS X installation?

I ask because now I can't boot into my iAtkos USB installation. I get KPs, which I think are complaining of the MacBook version. Any thoughts?

Hi thanks for your tutorial! I've attempted to install this on my B570 and came close to installing it. However, when I boot, I get the a gray Apple logo and the load animation. After a minute or two it just stalls and freezes. I am determined to install iAktosL1 onto this machine please help.

It's like pizza_potamus said: you have to copy the modified smbios.plist from the install drive to your hard drive, then it should work.

I am now trying to install iAtkos to a different USB drive and thus boot into that to edit the smbios file contained on the hard drive. Is this necessary? Is this what is meant by booting into a working OS X installation?

I ask because now I can't boot into my iAtkos USB installation. I get KPs, which I think are complaining of the MacBook version. Any thoughts?

You can do that with your install usb drive. Boot it and when installation screen appears, don't attempt to install again but choose "Terminal" from the upper menu.

Type in Terminal:

cp /Extra/smbios.plist /Volumes/[name_of_your_harddrive]/Extra

That should do it.

Hope I could be of help.

Ah thanks macinsane that worked like a champ.

But like many I am having trouble with Audio and Wi-fi.

I put the dsdt.aml you provided in the Extras folder and I put all the ktexts you provided in the Extras\Extensions folder of my iATKOS L1 USB. During the install I also customized it so that Extras\Extensions would be installed.

But I don't get Audio and Wi-fi devices with this method.

So I tried again and added the iATKOS AudioHDA drivers to my customizations. This installation allows OSX to see the Intel HD Audio in the system information utility, but there are still no output devices in the sound options.

I get nothing for wi-fi under the Hardware menu in the System Information utility. And Airport of couse sees no devices as well.

I've seen people mentioning that I need to confirm just what devices lenovo put in my laptop. I know how to do this in Windows, but I googled how to do it in OSX and found nothing useful. Any tips on this.

Thanks again for you help guys.

Success in -f mode but not in normal boot. Am I able to copy the smbios.plist to this from the USB?

My question is do Open the hdd terminal or usb terminal?

I'm assuming it's the USB terminal in -f boot and write the following entries?

cp/ Extras/smbios.plist/ Volumes/(name of my hdd)/Extras

If this fails any other way to add the smbios in -f mode?

Thanks!

Hello. Thx for this great tutorial. It was the reason to buy a lenovo laptop.

So after buying it I tried to install iAtkos L2 and I successfully did.

But there are still a few problems:

Even with the modified DSDT, I don't get HDMI Audio out. It isn't listed in the System profiler.

QE/CI is working, but i have some glitches, like one stripe on the screen. sometimes it is a stripe an sometimes the icons were not displayed correctly.

The Camera works in Photobooth with CamTwist, but the FaceTime app doesn't even start.

And the Touchpad identifies 2 fingers ( I can scroll with multitouch), but doesn't identifies a click on the touchpad. I can only click with the button.

Does anyone have an idea???

I just installed iAtkos L2 and installed the kexts etc., which were uploaded in this thread.

Everything else, like wifi, battery etc works fine.

Can anybody help me?

Excuse me for my bad englisch ^^

Ah thanks macinsane that worked like a champ.

But like many I am having trouble with Audio and Wi-fi.

I put the dsdt.aml you provided in the Extras folder and I put all the ktexts you provided in the Extras\Extensions folder of my iATKOS L1 USB. During the install I also customized it so that Extras\Extensions would be installed.

But I don't get Audio and Wi-fi devices with this method.

So I tried again and added the iATKOS AudioHDA drivers to my customizations. This installation allows OSX to see the Intel HD Audio in the system information utility, but there are still no output devices in the sound options.

I get nothing for wi-fi under the Hardware menu in the System Information utility. And Airport of couse sees no devices as well.

I've seen people mentioning that I need to confirm just what devices lenovo put in my laptop. I know how to do this in Windows, but I googled how to do it in OSX and found nothing useful. Any tips on this.

Thanks again for you help guys.

You need to copy all the necessary kexts to your hard drive after installation (iAtkos does not install them). Don't put extensions in /Extra but /System/Library/Extensions. No need for the wifi kext anymore though, uploaded new DSDT yesterday for vanilla wifi. You must copy smbios.plist from /Extra of your USB drive to /Extra on your hard drive. More details are in my guide in the first post.

Hello. Thx for this great tutorial. It was the reason to buy a lenovo laptop. So after buying it I tried to install iAtkos L2 and I successfully did. But there are still a few problems: Even with the modified DSDT, I don't get HDMI Audio out. It isn't listed in the System profiler. QE/CI is working, but i have some glitches, like one stripe on the screen. sometimes it is a stripe an sometimes the icons were not displayed correctly. The Camera works in Photobooth with CamTwist, but the FaceTime app doesn't even start. And the Touchpad identifies 2 fingers ( I can scroll with multitouch), but doesn't identifies a click on the touchpad. I can only click with the button. Does anyone have an idea??? I just installed iAtkos L2 and installed the kexts etc., which were uploaded in this thread. Everything else, like wifi, battery etc works fine. Can anybody help me? Excuse me for my bad englisch ^^

For graphics: update Chameleon Bootloader to newest version available and add GraphicsEnabler=Yes to org.chameleon.boot.plist (see my guide).

Trackpad: Have you activated clicking in System Preferences?

Have you installed all the necessary kexts?

For graphics: update Chameleon Bootloader to newest version available and add GraphicsEnabler=Yes to org.chameleon.boot.plist (see my guide).

Trackpad: Have you activated clicking in System Preferences?

Have you installed all the necessary kexts?

Oh my god. I actually forgot to activate clicking xD

So the trackpad problem is solved xD

I installed all the kexts, which are in the first post.

I tried to search the newest chameleon boot loader, but I don't really now, which one is the newest xD

Could it be, that you mean Chameleon-2.1svn-r1713.pkg.zip ??

I found it on this site: http://builds.voodooprojects.org/builds/Xcode4.1/

Oh my god. I actually forgot to activate clicking xD

So the trackpad problem is solved xD

I installed all the kexts, which are in the first post.

I tried to search the newest chameleon boot loader, but I don't really now, which one is the newest xD

Could it be, that you mean Chameleon-2.1svn-r1713.pkg.zip ??

I found it on this site: http://builds.voodoo...uilds/Xcode4.1/

That should solve your graphics problem ;) But make sure to activate GraphicsEnabler after you installed it.