tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Incredibly helpful. Thanks again.
S/L/E = Systems/Library/Extra

7a ...select GraphicsEnabler...NO! I wrote in my guide that you have to disable GraphicsEnabler ("GraphicsEnabler=No" in org.chamelon.boot.plist) because the outdated version that comes with iAtkos can't handle the HD3000 correctly in the Lenovo. When you have your lion up and running then you update Chameleon to 1650 or newer and then you can (and should) enable GraphicsEnabler in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

10. Install ALL the kexts in my first attachment (all BUT SleepEnabler!) to S/L/E with the help of KextWizard. Update to 10.7.2. Install AppleHDA and IO80211 kexts again. Then remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E and install modified power management kexts from my second attachment (again with Kext Wizard). You must repair permissions of the whole S/L/E folder then and rebuild the kextcache (can do that with KextWizard too). –– Finish (hopefully :( ) –– And in the future if you update to 10.7.3 you must install NullCPU -before- you update. After update (and reboot) reinstall Audio, Wifi, PowerManagement and remove NullCPU.

tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
@MacInsane
I've updated my Chameleon to 2.1 r1686 and am going to start from scratch.
Can GraphicsEnabler=Yes or Should I still proceed without selecting GraphicsEnabler and fixing (as per your detailed instructions) when Lion boots up?

Rockaveli

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

@MacInsane
I've updated my Chameleon to 2.1 r1686 and am going to start from scratch.
Can GraphicsEnabler=Yes or Should I still proceed without selecting GraphicsEnabler and fixing (as per your detailed instructions) when Lion boots up?

Rockaveli

If you are going to start again, why do you have updated your boot loader now? :(

Update your boot loader after you have finished your install. iAtkos will install the older boot loader (because it is part of the distro) no matter what you do. If you have done everything else (including 10.7.2 update) install your new Chameleon and put GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your org.chameleon.plist.

Best regards and good luck

tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok. Update.
First ignore the last two posts. I wasn't reading...
So, booted without a problem.(Not sure- no KP) Then followed your instructions.
Updated to 10.7.2 and followed kext installs and Repair permissions/Rebuild cache.
So far so good.
Still trying to wrap my brain around Sleep and wifi issues. My model B570 1068 appears to have a Gigabit LAN card and I don't know if there's a fix(kext?) for this or if I might have to go the route another user suggested - swapping LAN/wireless cards with another laptop's compatible card.
We shall see.
ROCKAVELI

If you are going to start again, why do you have updated your boot loader now? ;)

Update your boot loader after you have finished your install. iAtkos will install the older boot loader (because it is part of the distro) no matter what you do. If you have done everything else (including 10.7.2 update) install your new Chameleon and put GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your org.chameleon.plist.

Best regards and good luck

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Ok. Update.
First ignore the last two posts. I wasn't reading...
So, booted without a problem.(Not sure- no KP) Then followed your instructions.
Updated to 10.7.2 and followed kext installs and Repair permissions/Rebuild cache.
So far so good.
Still trying to wrap my brain around Sleep and wifi issues. My model B570 1068 appears to have a Gigabit LAN card and I don't know if there's a fix(kext?) for this or if I might have to go the route another user suggested - swapping LAN/wireless cards with another laptop's compatible card.
We shall see.
ROCKAVELI

Strange, sleep should work if you use the dsdt I attached.
My lan and wifi kexts should work for you too if you have Realtek 8111 LAN and an Atheros 9285 wifi card. Maybe you have a different model, in this case you have to look for matching kexts around the net.

I'm sure you can make it ;)

tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Strange, sleep should work if you use the dsdt I attached.
My lan and wifi kexts should work for you too if you have Realtek 8111 LAN and an Atheros 9285 wifi card. Maybe you have a different model, in this case you have to look for matching kexts around the net.

I'm sure you can make it :)

Thanks for your encouraging remarks sir, but I have found out that the stock wifi card is an Intel Centrino N1000 which does not to be supported at all*. Best bet appears to be getting a Broadcom or Atheros card or a USB wifi card.
Bummer right..? Besides that the Lenovo has been incredibly stable since 10.7.2

Below is an ebay link to an Atheros AR9285(same as your model of Lenovo) that I will be most likely purchasing ...right now.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item335bba2379

phoshzzle

phoshzzle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just wanted to pass some knowledge that I gained while using this guide. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH BTW)

1) Not all Lenovo B570 have the same Wireless card as OP. I have the Broadcomm 14e4, which is notorious for still not working with osx86. If your wireless isn't working, you might want to check your Device ID in Windows and do a google search on it.

2) To "add" the DSDT.aml file you need to copy the provided DSDT.aml file to "/" or "/Extra" and also modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (http://www.osx86.net...der-basics.html - look up the DSDT modifcation part)

3) If you encounter an "DSMOS has arrived" error. You need to rebuild the SLE cache by doing:
kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

But anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to OP. I was able to get this running in under 2 days and currently updating to 10.7.2. One thing that I'm having issues with is the random artifacts that appear. Sometimes it can get pretty bad and requires a reboot. Any suggestions on solving this? I have the 0x0116 version of the HD3000.

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Just wanted to pass some knowledge that I gained while using this guide. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH BTW)

1) Not all Lenovo B570 have the same Wireless card as OP. I have the Broadcomm 14e4, which is notorious for still not working with osx86. If your wireless isn't working, you might want to check your Device ID in Windows and do a google search on it.

2) To "add" the DSDT.aml file you need to copy the provided DSDT.aml file to "/" or "/Extra" and also modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (http://www.osx86.net...der-basics.html - look up the DSDT modifcation part)

3) If you encounter an "DSMOS has arrived" error. You need to rebuild the SLE cache by doing:
kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

But anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to OP. I was able to get this running in under 2 days and currently updating to 10.7.2. One thing that I'm having issues with is the random artifacts that appear. Sometimes it can get pretty bad and requires a reboot. Any suggestions on solving this? I have the 0x0116 version of the HD3000.

To solve the graphic problems update Chameleon to 1650 or newer and after that add "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to org.chameleon.boot.plist.

tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Update. I was able to run some programs and backup/cloan my old hard drive with good stability. It wasn't until I decided to reboot that I encountered another Kernel panic...
I don't know how to diagnose these. I followed previously mentioned steps from MacInsane regarding an earlier Kernel Panic. I attempted to boot in verbose (-v) mode (holding command+v on restart) as well as entering "pm=Version0" ... no avail (maybe I'm doing this wrong- is there a guide for N00bs like myself to learn how to diagnose fix this?).
And of course I deleted my USB drive with iATKOS on it...(which I could've used to atleast get into a working OSX, correct?) FML

If this is too much for you guys or if you know somewhere else where I can teach myself a little better.

Thanks for your encouraging remarks sir, but I have found out that the stock wifi card is an Intel Centrino N1000 which does not to be supported at all*. Best bet appears to be getting a Broadcom or Atheros card or a USB wifi card.
Bummer right..? Besides that the Lenovo has been incredibly stable since 10.7.2

Below is an ebay link to an Atheros AR9285(same as your model of Lenovo) that I will be most likely purchasing ...right now.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item335bba2379

Another update. Reattempted verbose mode successfully and got a nice picture of the detailed kernal panic. Here goes. Most obviously this to me is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment... so... is this the cause of the kernel panic and if so how do i go about fixing this?
Thanks a billion again.
ROCKAVELI

Posted Image

Update. I was able to run some programs and backup/cloan my old hard drive with good stability. It wasn't until I decided to reboot that I encountered another Kernel panic...
I don't know how to diagnose these. I followed previously mentioned steps from MacInsane regarding an earlier Kernel Panic. I attempted to boot in verbose (-v) mode (holding command+v on restart) as well as entering "pm=Version0" ... no avail (maybe I'm doing this wrong- is there a guide for N00bs like myself to learn how to diagnose fix this?).
And of course I deleted my USB drive with iATKOS on it...(which I could've used to atleast get into a working OSX, correct?) FML

If this is too much for you guys or if you know somewhere else where I can teach myself a little better.

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

The command is "-pmVersion=0". That could help if you have SleepEnabler.kext installed and you didn't delete it before updating to 10.7.2. Is this the case?

Unfortunately if this panic is caused by missing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (if you haven't installed the PowerManagement patch like I suggested) then you need some kind of working boot drive and copy it over to your install (in S/L/E).

If you have patched the PowerManagement and you didn't have put my DSDT.aml in /Extra that could be the cause of the panic too. Again, you need a working install to copy it over.

You can use Windows to copy the necessary files if you install the program "Macdrive" which gives you access to Mac Partitions. But this program is commercial.

tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks again macinsane.
1)re:SleepEnabler not deleted - this is entirely possible.
2)re:PowerManagement - I did follow your suggestion for this patch when installing and subsequently updating, but possible I
3)re: working boot drive to copy - I could use the same procedure as before to copy? Booting with iATKOS and using cp command in Terminal?

I think its most likely the DSDT.aml missing from the /Extra folder. I believe this file is back in your first post, correct?

Thanks again. I'll keep you posted.

Forgot to mention that I wiped the hard drive clean of Windows (I had no intention of creating a dual boot system or keeping Windows for that matter) before I installed OS...so MacDrive looks like its out of the question.

"-pmVersion=0" command at boot: resulted in kernel panic restart.
Does this prove its SleepEnabler causing the error or does it eliminate it as a possibility and narrow it down to NullCPUManagement.kext /DSDT.aml file?

ROCKAVELI

The command is "-pmVersion=0". That could help if you have SleepEnabler.kext installed and you didn't delete it before updating to 10.7.2. Is this the case?

Unfortunately if this panic is caused by missing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (if you haven't installed the PowerManagement patch like I suggested) then you need some kind of working boot drive and copy it over to your install (in S/L/E).

If you have patched the PowerManagement and you didn't have put my DSDT.aml in /Extra that could be the cause of the panic too. Again, you need a working install to copy it over.

You can use Windows to copy the necessary files if you install the program "Macdrive" which gives you access to Mac Partitions. But this program is commercial.

petrucci78

petrucci78

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hello macinsane, the sleep is ok with the new update kext, when the screen is open the auto sleep o stop setting is ok, but when the screen is closed the sleep don't work, try to go in sleep but wake and try to go sleep and wake....repeat this circle...

is problem lid fix in DSDT???

where fix LID in DSDT????

can you help me???

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hello macinsane, the sleep is ok with the new update kext, when the screen is open the auto sleep o stop setting is ok, but when the screen is closed the sleep don't work, try to go in sleep but wake and try to go sleep and wake....repeat this circle...

is problem lid fix in DSDT???

where fix LID in DSDT????

can you help me???

Update On second thought: I believe your problem has nothing to do with the lid device, most likely the instant wakeup is caused by usb. So copy the usb sections of my dsdt into yours, that should do it (But you can't do anything wrong with the code in this post).

Change your lid device like this:

Device (LID0)
		{
			Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0C0D"))
			Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Return (Package (0x02)
				{
					0x0B, 
					0x04
				})
			}

Name (LIDS, One)
			Method (_LID, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.KLID, LIDS)
				XOr (LIDS, One, Local0)
				If (Local0)
				{
					Notify (SLPB, 0x80)
				}

Return (LIDS)
			}

Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (ECON)
				{
					Store (Arg0, ^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.LIDW)
				}
				Else
				{
					If (Arg0)
					{
						MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, 0x10)
					}
					Else
					{
						MBEC (0x72, 0xEF, Zero)
					}
				}
			}
		}

Maybe this is needed too but I'm not sure:

Device (PNLF)
		{
			Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
			Name (_CID, "backlight")
			Name (_UID, 0x0A)
			Name (_STA, 0x0B)
		}

tracshop

tracshop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Greetings,
Just wanted to give a quick update on my Lenovo hackintosh.
After all the BS I went through earlier with Kernel Panics, I went back and started all over.
I used iATKOS_L1 with a Chameleon 14xx bootloader (eventually updated after successful boot).
You guys know the rest of the details - I used macinsane's guide (took notes on it too to make sure I didn't make the same mistakes as before).
So now, I'm in 10.7.2 running smoothly with no KPs and consistent and quick bootup (no Windows/dual boot on this machine). :)

The only major things that I cannot live without are...
Sound : (not working- outputs not showing up in System Prefs)
Using AppleHDA - properly installed via KextWizard. and even deleted/reinstalled... Before I was using VoodooHDA but decided against it for stability(KP) issues.
Not sure what I'm missing - I'm using macinsane's DSDT.aml file so maybe there is something I'm missing in there. To repeat myself, I'm not an advanced user but am really good at following directions and learn quickly so if anyone can explain what I'm missing. (Also, if someone has already gone over this issue earlier I'll edit this post...)
AND...
Wifi: I bought an Atheros wifi card (same as macinsane's) to replace the uncompatible stock one. But it only had 1 'lead' as a result was not recognized ...back to ebay to buy another one.
After proper installation what steps will I need to go through to get Wifi up and running? Are the provided kexts enough?

Really, sound is the biggest issue. I edit video and produce music so its a MUST.
Bluetooth would be nice for my wireless mouse/keyboard but not as big a deal as sound.
Thanks guys for your support and advice. (and patience)
ROCKAVELI

macinsane

macinsane

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Greetings,
Just wanted to give a quick update on my Lenovo hackintosh.
After all the BS I went through earlier with Kernel Panics, I went back and started all over.
I used iATKOS_L1 with a Chameleon 14xx bootloader (eventually updated after successful boot).
You guys know the rest of the details - I used macinsane's guide (took notes on it too to make sure I didn't make the same mistakes as before).
So now, I'm in 10.7.2 running smoothly with no KPs and consistent and quick bootup (no Windows/dual boot on this machine). -_-

The only major things that I cannot live without are...
Sound : (not working- outputs not showing up in System Prefs)
Using AppleHDA - properly installed via KextWizard. and even deleted/reinstalled... Before I was using VoodooHDA but decided against it for stability(KP) issues.
Not sure what I'm missing - I'm using macinsane's DSDT.aml file so maybe there is something I'm missing in there. To repeat myself, I'm not an advanced user but am really good at following directions and learn quickly so if anyone can explain what I'm missing. (Also, if someone has already gone over this issue earlier I'll edit this post...)
AND...
Wifi: I bought an Atheros wifi card (same as macinsane's) to replace the uncompatible stock one. But it only had 1 'lead' as a result was not recognized ...back to ebay to buy another one.
After proper installation what steps will I need to go through to get Wifi up and running? Are the provided kexts enough?

Really, sound is the biggest issue. I edit video and produce music so its a MUST.
Bluetooth would be nice for my wireless mouse/keyboard but not as big a deal as sound.
Thanks guys for your support and advice. (and patience)
ROCKAVELI

Hey Rockaveli,

we need some information here: do you really have Realtek ALC272 audio? The dsdt and patched AppleHDA will only work with that specific card. On some models Lenovo put in a Conexant card.

For Wifi: if you get the Atheros running in your laptop (and there is a chance that it might not work, because it could be blacklisted in your BIOS, in that case you have to flash a hacked BIOS – what I wouldn't even recommend experienced users) you must simply install the IO80211Family.kext. That's all.

tillicolllapse

tillicolllapse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
First, thanks to everyone here for all the input. Just picked up my B570 a few days ago hoping it would be on sale...not the case but I couldn't wait any longer. As promised, and after following this guide to the "T", I now have a fully functioning hackintosh laptop, besides the card reader, but meh, I can't even remember the last time I used one (last year sometime, and I have a usb card reader; problem solved)

The only other issue I have is the wi-fi. Unfortunately, my B570 BIOS has the Atheros AR9285 blacklisted....very frustrating. I get the -104 error device not supported at every boot. However, I did find a work around that allows me to use it. I simply boot the bios with the included broadcom BCM4620 card, then at the chameleon boot loader, i hot-swap that card with the atheros card. I choose my lion partition, and it works great from there. The only issue is that if I ever have to restart or shut down my computer, I have to do the procedure all over again. But thanks to everyones hard work on the sleep function, I don't really see me having to restart or shut down often at all. So I can live with that until perhaps a better solution presents itself. Hope this helps someone.

titom

titom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Unfortunately, I'm one of the ones with the incompatible Broadcom 4313. I searched Google until I found the following BIOS mod. It removes the whitelist completely from the BIOS.
http://www.bios-mods...ist-Mod-Request
More specifically http://dl.dropbox.co..._ByCamiloml.exe
But I'm weary about trying an untried BIOS from an unknown website.
Anyone ever heard of this site? Anyone want to try this? :(

EDIT: Has anyone tried a wifi card in the WWAN slot with pin 20 taped over? I may try it, today.

titom

titom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So I was going to try the WWAN port trick but our WWAN port doesn't have holes for the screws for a half length card. Has anyone dared to test the BIOS I posted?

elas123

elas123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i flashed back to the 36 bios then flashed the whitelist removed bios and works fine with my ar9287

thanx macinsane. your instructions worked perfectly on my z570. i just wanted to know is your trackpad jumpy? mine is not so accurate. its driving me nuts after coming from a real mac!

titom

titom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

i flashed back to the 36 bios then flashed the whitelist removed bios and works fine with my ar9287

thanx macinsane. your instructions worked perfectly on my z570. i just wanted to know is your trackpad jumpy? mine is not so accurate. its driving me nuts after coming from a real mac!

Which BIOS did you flash? Do the Z570 and to B570 share the same BIOS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy