• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

niotech

niotech

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@Sanya: Unfortunately I still have the issue by applying MacBook5_1 , so I come back with removing the GL bundle kext.
Maybe I'll try your MacBook3_1 by switching my smbios definition.

Thanks for your help.

@Sanya: BTW what is your Lion installation configuration like? dsdt / additional kext / hacked kext / etc...

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Sanya's solution worked for me too. However, I use the smbios.plist for the MacBook Pro 2,1, which works best for my Dell Inspiron 1720. When I deleted ALL references to GPU, it broke sleep. I played with it for a while and found that if I just deleted certain entries for the GPU, I got the benefit of Sanya's fix without adverse effects. (Well, I still have one -- when Coolbook starts up, it says that it cannot open Path 8, whatever that means.) Here's my edited plist for the MBP2,1.

Attached File  MacBookPro2_1.plist.zip   2.12KB   62 downloads

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
Hi guys, i think i have found a solution about this issue. I have tested what you mentioned before, but it still exits. In my case, i just roll back the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from 10.6.7 not 10.6.8,also no need to delete GPU entry from MacBook_3,1.plist or other, cause that can have issue on safari browsing (I mean by deleting GPU entry can't get smooth browse.). By now there is no more freeze and mouse jump.
Here is the two kexts:

EDIT:
After some days tests, it still exits. Sorry.

Alex_Nik

Alex_Nik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Hi guys, i think i have found a solution about this issue. I have tested what you mentioned before, but it still exits. In my case, i just roll back the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from 10.6.7 not 10.6.8,also no need to delete GPU entry from MacBook_3,1.plist or other, cause that can have issue on safari browsing (I mean by deleting GPU entry can't get smooth browse.). By now there is no more freeze and mouse jump.
Here is the two kexts:

GOOD LUCK

No, it's not working. At least for me.. still freezes

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Yes, I don't think that this issue can be considered [SOLVED]. It needs a fix that works for all x3100 systems all the time. Each proposed method helped reduce the number of incidents but they still recur for me.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Yes, I don't think that this issue can be considered [SOLVED]. It needs a fix that works for all x3100 systems all the time. Each proposed method helped reduce the number of incidents but they still recur for me.

I think there is another way to deal with the ghost, here is the link http://www.projectos...?...post&p=7912
As slice said, the two SMC keys related the graphics card, i follow his method editing that key, like this:
"RPlt"--the changed value base on your CPU platform, my CPU is T2390, so the value is "M75"
"EPCI"--I just set the value to Zero to use "25mV" as suggest. (don't know too much about it)
The result is good by now, I keep laptop working over 48 hours without any freezing happens.

Alex_Nik

Alex_Nik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Please, place your FakeSMC there.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Please, place your FakeSMC there.

Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   31.69KB   33 downloads
Here it is, note the value of the key base on your CPU family.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

I think there is another way to deal with the ghost, here is the link http://www.projectos...?...post&p=7912
As slice said, the two SMC keys related the graphics card, i follow his method editing that key, like this:
"RPlt"--the changed value base on your CPU platform, my CPU is T2390, so the value is "M75"
"EPCI"--I just set the value to Zero to use "25mV" as suggest. (don't know too much about it)
The result is good by now, I keep laptop working over 48 hours without any freezing happens.

I'm trying this out. I have the Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 so my value is M71. The version of of FakeSMC i used previously had a value of M82. For EPCI, the version of FakeSMC I used had a value of AQ==. Yours has a value of AA== and that is what I am trying out with my new value for RPIt. The entry for those who try out this method is in the info.plist of FakeSMC.kext near the bottom of the plist.

anastassssss

anastassssss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Unfortunately for me this does not work too. I tried every value possible in FakeSMC - after 1-2 hours of work I catch a freeze. I have Intel L7500 and X3100 and "annoying" is even not the word to describe it.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
This problem continues to persist for me as well. Any more ideas would be welcome.

Zprood

Zprood

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

This problem continues to persist for me as well. Any more ideas would be welcome.

Hi mnfesq,
I think you can try this, cause i get this issue too. Now, i change the model from MB3,1 to MB4,1 and set EPCI value to "01" of FakeSMC keys, also get all updates installed. Personally i think the latest safari update is important, i get freeze with these setting, but it seems gone after install the latest safari update.
One more things about my case, i checked the "Restart automatically if the computer freezes" in the Energy Saver of system preference, the result is when the computer gets heavy graphics load, the kernel panic happens instead of freeze, and it restarts automatically. I just get it happen twice, this attempt works good by now.
Attached File  testing.zip   2.27KB   14 downloads

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
the reason mb5,1 works is the igpu entry for mcss
in ioregistry with 10.6.8 .. check cpu0 in it shows applemcss** shows the models but stops short of the 5,x series. (4,1 and under is not in the list.)

anastassssss

anastassssss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
LatinMcG, Zprood:
Nothing helps me here. I tried editing FakeSMC, editing DSDT, editing my MacBookXXX.plist inside IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext - I tried enabling iGPUThrottle, I tried disabling every single GPU string from Sanya's post, I tried editing smbios.plist and I tried disabling every foreign kext I have - I still catch freezes. My Safari is the latest one - 5.1.2, but it doesn't help. When I use heavy graphics applications, or watch HD video, or use Flash, or just use heavy graphics sites like Google Images - I catch freezes sooner or later. I don't know what to do :(
(BTW I didn't have any on 10.6.x, they started happening on Lion 10.7.x).

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I think we have to wait for the update from the apple

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
make sure youre running in i386 not x64

anastassssss

anastassssss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
abs2004
Do you think it's Apple's problem?

LatinMcG
Sure, I run in i386.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Hi mnfesq, I think you can try this, cause i get this issue too. Now, i change the model from MB3,1 to MB4,1 and set EPCI value to "01" of FakeSMC keys, also get all updates installed. Personally i think the latest safari update is important, i get freeze with these setting, but it seems gone after install the latest safari update. One more things about my case, i checked the "Restart automatically if the computer freezes" in the Energy Saver of system preference, the result is when the computer gets heavy graphics load, the kernel panic happens instead of freeze, and it restarts automatically. I just get it happen twice, this attempt works good by now. Attached File  testing.zip   2.27KB   14 downloads

Thanks for this. However, I use MBP2,1 because it most closely matches the hardware in my Dell Inspiron 1720, which was also about a 2007 model. I'm not sure what I would change my SMBios to so that it would have what you are saying it should have but also be a 17-inch laptop. What do you suggest?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,508 posts
i wonder if its the subvendor id . try setting it to 106b with registers and PINI or INI (slice has done it to his x3100 inspiron 1525)

guys try MB5,2 not pro if its intel gpu and boot with -v UseKernelCache=No the first time

however gotta keep the speed step numbers close to your cpu so 2,1 or 3,1 might work but lion doesnt like older 32 bit EFI

im thinking of grabbing friends inspiron 1520 x3100 laptop and seeing if lion freezes

abs2004

abs2004

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

abs2004
Do you think it's Apple's problem?

LatinMcG
Sure, I run in i386.

I have tried all the methods from Google.But it no works. Apple used x3100 in 2008, I dont know if anyone with 2008 apple computer is using mac 10.7. Apple's native x3100 drivers have the "Mouse jump",I replaced with snow 10.6.8 AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext.Then X3100 random graphic freeze happened, I think we may need a better x3100 drivers from Apple , but Apple may not upgrade the driver, after all, x3100 is so old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy