Kakewalk 4: Makes installing Lion a breeze

mrjanek

171 posts in this topic

Is there anything i need to do before installing this next to a windows 7 install on a seperate drive that is already running on my PC?

Should i disconnect that drive while installing this? I have not done any hackintosh stuff in a couple years. I ran Ideneb pretty flawlessly though on my system for awhile!

Thanks!

What i actually meant to ask in addition to that was what is the best way to dual boot Win7 and Lion after i get it up and going the way i want? I remember trying it a couple times years ago with Ideneb but i always ended up borking my windows installation :mad:

Just did the install and went very smooth!

Two things are off though..

1. Sound (UD3P)

2. Ethernet worked originally after the first boot, but when i did "step 5" and installed cakewalk to the computer it did not work anymore. For some reason after about 5 reboots it just started working and I am on it now :angel:

Does Kakewalk install all the option kext files if you need to install them afterwards? I looked all around but could not seem to find them. If not, it would be a very nice feature to add especially if my internet did not come up, i could have just gone in and selected a few alternates and try those.

got a GA-EP-45-UD3LR

but after install no sound, please help.

install in usb, then boot from USD then install

then after install boot from HDD and install kakewalk to it

after restart, no sound still...

I made it through the Lion install and then restarted and my system booted off the Kakewalk USB; however, it went back to the Lion Installer that is on the USB and did not load Lion. Any tips on how to boot into Lion, and finish installing Kakewalk on the hard drive? I'm guessing it's a boot loader issue? My mobo is Gigabyte EX58-UD5. Thanks for your help, I'm excited to finish my first Hackintosh ;)

is very easy this metod, thanks... :D

my sistem...

INTEL C2D 8500@3.17Ghz

8Gb DDR2 @800Mhz

GA-EP45-UD3LR

GIGABYTE GTS450 1Gb

SEAGATE 500GB X5

can show me your step by step?

got the same mono with you, but i don't get sound, help appreciated

@mrjanek: Could you update your guide with more specifics about the USB thumb drive? Such as: minimum size, format method (GUID vs. FAT32, etc.). Also: an alternative install method oriented towards: a fresh Lion install on a blank HD, beginning only with a 2nd Windows machine and a copy of the Lion InstallESD.dmg file. Thanks.

can show me your step by step?

got the same mono with you, but i don't get sound, help appreciated

before lion is installed, go to kexts.com and download "ALC888 Patched" and install...run in 64Bit :( ...thats all, bye.

Having trouble getting started with Kakewalk.

I have Snow Leopard on main SATA HD, 2nd blank SATA HD for Lion, and WinXP on an IDE HD. My motherboard & video card are on approved list, see my signature for components.

I ran Kakewalk for first time, and chose my USB stick and then chose my Lion image (Mac OS X Lion 11A511) and clicked it to install to USB. Formats my USB ok. I then try to do the 2nd part where I choose my motherboard, but it won't let me install to the USB. It only wants to accept the SATA HD with Snow Leopard. How do I make the USB installer, and can install Lion only or does it need to be an upgrade?

It gives me this error: Could not find any suitable disks. Make sure you've restored Snow Leopard to your disk installing.

Update: I just downloaded the "app store Lion" (has Lion icon and is an application not an ISO). Kakewalk still want to only install on HD with Snow Leopard on it. Choose "Gigabyte G41M-ES2L" as my motherboard as it is almost identical to mine and should not be the cause of the problem. Should I just go and install Snow Leopard to Lion HD and try to upgrade?

thanks

Kakewalk Problem SOLVED:

I downloaded a 3rd version of Lion, (Mac OS X Lion 10.7 by Deduen). This version did work just as shown on video. Please note that to be safe, I installed Snow Leopard to a 2nd HD and then used migration assistant to leave it identical to my main SL HD. I tried using Super Duper to clone the SL drive but could not get it to work.

I will have to keep dual booting untill I can replace my MS Office suite and Dreamweaver / Fireworks. Everything else seems to be working.

Can this be updated? I have not tried yet and will hold off untill I get an answer from here.

thanks mrjanek!! Great job. ^_^

Well i wanted to try Kakewalk after MyHack but it turned as {censored}walk... Ok, it's my fault, but why the hell do you format whole device instead of partition? I used a hard disk with 4 full partitions damn!! There was another trouble, this one not cause of me : Why the hell Kakewalk deleted my boot plist in extra folder ON MY DESKTOP LION while i told it to install on usb..? This is TERRIBLE.

i got install in my z68ma-d2h-b3 with intel i5 2500k and intel hd 3000 build in graphic only but i choose the z68mx-d2h-b3 when i made the flash drive.

my system just keep rebooting after loading ......

is it the dsdt problem?

is there any way i can access my drive in windows cuz, i dont hv a mac. it is my fresh install hackintosh.

I tried this on my EP45-UD3P with no luck. Got it on the drive but when it boots it stops here. My Hack is exactly like the Lifehacker build that used this board. Only difference is I have two opticals and 4 hard drives.

I have tried Kakewalk and the Xmove way and both stop at the exact same point which makes me think its something I'm missing. I only run 3 kexts for 10.6.8. FakeSMC, AHCI, BlockStorageInjector, and NullPowerManagement. I've also updated to the newest Chimera and tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Any ideas?

post-164364-1313272799_thumb.jpg

I tried this on my EP45-UD3P with no luck. Got it on the drive but when it boots it stops here. My Hack is exactly like the Lifehacker build that used this board. Only difference is I have two opticals and 4 hard drives.

I have tried Kakewalk and the Xmove way and both stop at the exact same point which makes me think its something I'm missing. I only run 3 kexts for 10.6.8. FakeSMC, AHCI, BlockStorageInjector, and NullPowerManagement. I've also updated to the newest Chimera and tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Any ideas?

post-164364-1313272799_thumb.jpg

Did you set your bios to boot from the USB Stick is the first device ?. because if you boot from SL then hit any key to interrupt then choose your USB installer you will get kernel panic.

Trouble reinstalling Lion on my Hackintosh:

I ended up erasing Lion / messing up partitions trying to get Windows to boot from Chameleon. (stupid Windows) Previously Kakewalk installed perfect to my machine, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1729928

I'm just wondering why it won't install again to my USB stick. I used the same Lion image, USB stick and Kakewalk 4.01 app as before but for some reason it won't install this time. I downloaded the 4.03 version and tried that one too. I know the USB stick works fine for booting because I used it to reinstall Snow Leopard without trouble. Should I just do a fresh download of the Lion image?

thanks

I ended up erasing Lion / messing up partitions trying to get Windows to boot from Chameleon. (stupid Windows) Previously Kakewalk installed perfect to my machine, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1729928

I'm just wondering why it won't install again to my USB stick. I used the same Lion image, USB stick and Kakewalk 4.01 app as before but for some reason it won't install this time. I downloaded the 4.03 version and tried that one too. I know the USB stick works fine for booting because I used it to reinstall Snow Leopard without trouble. Should I just do a fresh download of the Lion image?

thanks

Have you tried to reformat you USB ?

thanks

I think Lion only works with 1-partitioned drives.