G73SW/G74SW Lion GM Install

jeffc2009

183 posts in this topic

Can someone upload IOHIDFamily from 10.6.8?

Are you using my IO80211Family? Do you have IORegistry installed? Try this:

repair permission/diskutil then:

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

Hi Jeff I tried it and no go, when I reboot from usb installer wireless works, im confused lol

Me too!!! Can I get a copy of your IOHIDFamily and AppleKeyStore from your 10.6.8?

When I get home from work I sure can, you're having wifi issues too? I am lost on what to do

Me too!!! Can I get a copy of your IOHIDFamily and AppleKeyStore from your 10.6.8?

Are you getting ath attached failed in verbose mode as well?

When I get home from work I sure can, you're having wifi issues too? I am lost on what to do

Are you getting ath attached failed in verbose mode as well?

I got wifi, but kp's when i shut down and start backup. Error with IOHIDFamily with dependancies AppleKeyStore. Had to restart after 2-3 times it starts.. Don't know why?

I'm getting IOPCIfamily panic

atheros panic usb panic at times and audio at times

There's a few files that you need, but before I upload it I have to test the rest!!! I started with that, then audio and now applekeystore. I am having MaLon look at it to see if he can figure it out. I had google that but nothing!!!. But I have all that worked out and running. I thought I had it all running until i hit restart! Just be patient with me..

I thought you don't have your laptop with you??

I have my laptop and my droid phone with me I was unsuccessful with using my phone to Tether with mac, and I can't access mac through wondows, no Internet on the site I work on lol, that's why I had to wait to get home to send fikes, pretty much all my posts are from my phone, when I get home its usually renovation time for the wife lol, look at the reflection in the pic you will see my truck, playing at work lol

I have my laptop and my droid phone with me I was unsuccessful with using my phone to Tether with mac, and I can't access mac through wondows, no Internet on the site I work on lol, that's why I had to wait to get home to send fikes, pretty much all my posts are from my phone, when I get home its usually renovation time for the wife lol, look at the reflection in the pic you will see my truck, playing at work lol

I got it figured out.. Can't have usb plugged in on the left side while booting!!! Don't know why, but when I switched to the right side usb 2.0. Everything starts up without any problems and I had restarted, shutdown. If you want to know what files i used to get everything up and going was AppleACPIPlatform 1.3.6, IOPCIFamily 2.6.5, IOAudioFamily 1.8.3. Kinda like what I did with 10.6.8. Everything is working but don't try to start with a usb in the left side!!!!

Spoke too soon!! It KP, but with bunch of garbage. But after I yanked all usb off and restarted without any problems. I don't think our usb port like to play nice when booting.. After you boot, then everything is fine. Go figure.

@jeffc2009,

I just installed cuda and binary hex changed the values per netkas hack.

I also got a pre module for Chameleon to support the GTX560m from Azimutz which he wanted me to test and said it will be in the next release!!

When launch photo booth I keep getting the spinwheel. Not he rainbow apple spinwheel but the one that looks like the one on startup. Then when I take a snapshot, I get an error unable to save.

I got it figured out.. Can't have usb plugged in on the left side while booting!!! Don't know why, but when I switched to the right side usb 2.0. Everything starts up without any problems and I had restarted, shutdown. If you want to know what files i used to get everything up and going was AppleACPIPlatform 1.3.6, IOPCIFamily 2.6.5, IOAudioFamily 1.8.3. Kinda like what I did with 10.6.8. Everything is working but don't try to start with a usb in the left side!!!!

Spoke too soon!! It KP, but with bunch of garbage. But after I yanked all usb off and restarted without any problems. I don't think our usb port like to play nice when booting.. After you boot, then everything is fine. Go figure.

I for the life of me can't get the wifi working, on boot ath attached failed, im lost

G74SX nVidia GTX560M

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1710334

Method that osxfr33k used two posts back worked also.

If you noticed that device to device is still in mib/s, not giop/s. You have some acceleration, but not full cuda. You might want to try some other nvidia gfx drivers!!!

@jeffc2009,

I just installed cuda and binary hex changed the values per netkas hack.

I also got a pre module for Chameleon to support the GTX560m from Azimutz which he wanted me to test and said it will be in the next release!!

When launch photo booth I keep getting the spinwheel. Not he rainbow apple spinwheel but the one that looks like the one on startup. Then when I take a snapshot, I get an error unable to save.

I am not sure what you are encountering with GTX 560M. That's one thing you have to figure out yourself. As for photo, it ask for gfx and webcam. Does your webcam work in facetime?

I for the life of me can't get the wifi working, on boot ath attached failed, im lost

Whatever you did to the system is locking up the io80211. Did you touch another kext and changed info.plist to reflect your wifi?

I used jeffc2009's new kexts it solved my random kernel panic and freeze issues but USB 3.0 still will only work if I remove battery before booting and does not work at all in windows

In bios load default configuration and disable legacy devices!!! Let me know if that fix it.

If you noticed that device to device is still in mib/s, not giop/s. You have some acceleration, but not full cuda. You might want to try some other nvidia gfx drivers!!!

I am not sure what you are encountering with GTX 560M. That's one thing you have to figure out yourself. As for photo, it ask for gfx and webcam. Does your webcam work in facetime?

Whatever you did to the system is locking up the io80211. Did you touch another kext and changed info.plist to reflect your wifi?

In bios load default configuration and disable legacy devices!!! Let me know if that fix it.

I have not done anything, maybe I'll just format the hdd and try again, maybe the issue is snow leopard on the same hdd, im lost. Lol

Jeff: I am using all of your files, but the io80211 from you first Lion pack. The other one kept doing the same thing as in snow leopard where it would just grab apipa address....

out of nowhere the backlight on keyboard wont work again.

I ran the dsdt auto patcher in windows this time and am using that... haven't had any kps since... sleep works too...

I ran the runme from mald0n and going to forward that to him to see if he can double check my dsdt.aml and let me know if there is something wrong with it.

But now i have a fairly stable 10.7 that works pretty well :(

Not sure about that here is my screenshot of the GTX560M.

post-135888-1310493977_thumb.png

Look like you got cuda to work!

I have not done anything, maybe I'll just format the hdd and try again, maybe the issue is snow leopard on the same hdd, im lost. Lol

I had it working in both. Don't know what you did. A fresh install should clear it up!

Jeff: I am using all of your files, but the io80211 from you first Lion pack. The other one kept doing the same thing as in snow leopard where it would just grab apipa address....

out of nowhere the backlight on keyboard wont work again.

I ran the dsdt auto patcher in windows this time and am using that... haven't had any kps since... sleep works too...

I ran the runme from mald0n and going to forward that to him to see if he can double check my dsdt.aml and let me know if there is something wrong with it.

But now i have a fairly stable 10.7 that works pretty well :(

your wifi might be on a different setup than g73sw.

Hello everyone

With the many install methods I have followed, tweaked and abused I have come up with one that seems to get a good solid system with no KP's at first boot **NOTE** if you are using Atheros AR9285 wireless I cannot help you I installed AR9280 (ebay USD $11.99) and Card reader I am still playing with. This guide would not be possible without the hard work of, Our friend Jeffc2009, Tseug and many others

First USB prep use this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259068 and if you want to stick with MBR http://www.kexts.com/view/1431-mbr_patched...or_lion_gm.html it works I have tested it

Next: install as you would I have found that no boot prompts are necessary after the install boot into system and install Chameleon (I used r828 then used Chameleon wizard to update to 1078 but you can do what ever you want) after that place the "Extra" (attached to this post) in the root folder

Then: Install Nvidia update from Jeffc's post at the start of this thred

Ok: now (with kext wizard you know where to get it) install all the kexts from here http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1478 in S/L/E at this point I installed Java (open safari go to any page that has "install missing plugin" click to install

Repair permissions

Now for keyboard backlight boot into windows uninstall the ATK drivers and install the one I posted in this thred http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...61968&st=40 now when you boot into Lion press Fn+F1 let the computer sleep for a minute or so the keyboard backlight should come on upon wake The Nvidia drivers need to be updated thing pops up on boot and on mine anyway the bluetooth assistant also pops up annoying but speed step no KP I'm Ok with that

Share how it goes

Extra.zip

Hello everyone

With the many install methods I have followed, tweaked and abused I have come up with one that seems to get a good solid system with no KP's at first boot **NOTE** if you are using Atheros AR9285 wireless I cannot help you I installed AR9280 (ebay USD $11.99) and Card reader I am still playing with. This guide would not be possible without the hard work of, Our friend Jeffc2009, Tseug and many others

First USB prep use this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259068 and if you want to stick with MBR http://www.kexts.com/view/1431-mbr_patched...or_lion_gm.html it works I have tested it

Next: install as you would I have found that no boot prompts are necessary after the install boot into system and install Chameleon (I used r828 then used Chameleon wizard to update to 1078 but you can do what ever you want) after that place the "Extra" (attached to this post) in the root folder

Then: Install Nvidia update from Jeffc's post at the start of this thred

Ok: now (with kext wizard you know where to get it) install all the kexts from here http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1478 in S/L/E at this point I installed Java (open safari go to any page that has "install missing plugin" click to install

Repair permissions

Now for keyboard backlight boot into windows uninstall the ATK drivers and install the one I posted in this thred http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...61968&st=40 now when you boot into Lion press Fn+F1 let the computer sleep for a minute or so the keyboard backlight should come on upon wake The Nvidia drivers need to be updated thing pops up on boot and on mine anyway the bluetooth assistant also pops up annoying but speed step no KP I'm Ok with that

Share how it goes

I am complelty lost as to why you have to "Now for keyboard backlight boot into windows uninstall the ATK drivers" when I don't even have the windows boot drive there right now. Just a Lion GM drive. Does uninstalling this somehow update the EFI Bios so that it can work now in OSX?

@jeffc2009,

FaceTime is working perfectly so it must be a Lion GM and Photo Booth Bug. The Color on the Nvidia GFX versus AMD Radeon don't compare. I have had this MAcBook Pro i7 early 2011 with 2.3 GHz and Glossy screen now for close to two weeks. Its going back even though I want to keep it. I cannot justify paying Apple 2999.00when I compare it to the Asus!!

I am complelty lost as to why you have to "Now for keyboard backlight boot into windows uninstall the ATK drivers" when I don't even have the windows boot drive there right now. Just a Lion GM drive. Does uninstalling this somehow update the EFI Bios so that it can work now in OSX?

My install did not affect my windows install and Chameleon booted it fine and, Well you could just reinstall your windows drive and then boot it I guess

@jeffc2009,

FaceTime is working perfectly so it must be a Lion GM and Photo Booth Bug. The Color on the Nvidia GFX versus AMD Radeon don't compare. I have had this MAcBook Pro i7 early 2011 with 2.3 GHz and Glossy screen now for close to two weeks. Its going back even though I want to keep it. I cannot justify paying Apple 2999.00when I compare it to the Asus!!

how does it compare to our install?? Benchmarks difference?? What core I7? Speed of common apps, like safari, itunes. How does webcam compare? Is the screen better or worse??

Look like you got cuda to work!

I had it working in both. Don't know what you did. A fresh install should clear it up!

your wifi might be on a different setup than g73sw.

Hi Jeff I did a fresh install and still don't have wireless only if I booted from usb, I didn't have problems in 10.6.8, any ideas? That's the last thing I need working,when I remove the io80211 kext shut down and restart give me no kernel panics but when it's loaded i get kernel panics with dependancies issues, thanks

Hi Jeff I did a fresh install and still don't have wireless only if I booted from usb, I didn't have problems in 10.6.8, any ideas? That's the last thing I need working,when I remove the io80211 kext shut down and restart give me no kernel panics but when it's loaded i get kernel panics with dependancies issues, thanks

If you are using everything from my package, everything should be working! Don't know what to tell you!