P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

I mean I have bootable dmg and you have 18 steps. Many things seems like ready in my dmg what should I do how to add this thing on USB? My dmg looks like...

hsmixw.png

This looks like the downloaded Gold Master that is floating around. It's supposed to be identical to the app store release, just not in package form. I guess you could start directly with step 5. If it's the same it should work.

This looks like the downloaded Gold Master that is floating around. It's supposed to be identical to the app store release, just not in package form. I guess you could start directly with step 5. If it's the same it should work.

Ahh I see, right in that case I'd be tempted to restore that entire dvd image to a usb drive, copy the extra folder across and then install the relevant package to the usb stick to see if that works.

Andy, also a note that a 4GB USB drive does not seem to have enough space to complete step 15. The Packages folder is around 3.26GB by itself. Also for some reason I seem to be stuck in that step even with an 8GB drive. It starts to copy after entering my password, but gets stuck at the 'estimated time remaining' message :huh:

EDIT - while the message still displays, the files are copying in the background. Will continue with my Lion quest :D

EDIT 2 - No luck with the last step. Tried to install the Sabertooth package to the USB, but it ends with this message

The Installer Failed - The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Sounds like you have some very screwed up file permissions somewhere

Reinstall did not help. Very strange. Can you tell me which files of your pkg are needed to boot Lion (because they are not copied to the extra folder)? Are they the same like on the Boot CD (btw. do you have a current link to the most recent version)? Because I want to try to install it with a different Bootloader + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but I still need some of the kext files to get it work. I really need to be able to use teamviewer :blink:

Reinstall did not help. Very strange. Can you tell me which files of your pkg are needed to boot Lion (because they are not copied to the extra folder)? Are they the same like on the Boot CD (btw. do you have a current link to the most recent version)? Because I want to try to install it with a different Bootloader + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but I still need some of the kext files to get it work. I really need to be able to use teamviewer :blink:

The most recent links in this thread are the current ones. I'm not sure what's going on with your install but if you are messing around with other bootloaders and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] them I'm afraid I really can't help you. Don't get me wrong I'm not being snotty it's just that I have no way of knowing what you are doing or what you have already done.

I have only tested the install method as published so if you do it any other way the odds of me being able to help you are greatly reduced.

BTW - don't put your kexts in the extra folder if you are using lion because it won't load them.

The most recent links in this thread are the current ones. I'm not sure what's going on with your install but if you are messing around with other bootloaders and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] them I'm afraid I really can't help you. Don't get me wrong I'm not being snotty it's just that I have no way of knowing what you are doing or what you have already done.

I have only tested the install method as published so if you do it any other way the odds of me being able to help you are greatly reduced.

BTW - don't put your kexts in the extra folder if you are using lion because it won't load them.

Hey I got it working. I downloaded ur Install package again and now it is working. Also for the first time I have a smbios.plist in the Extra folder and my system got a Serial Number. guess that was the problem why it did not work.

Hey I got it working. I downloaded ur Install package again and now it is working. Also for the first time I have a smbios.plist in the Extra folder and my system got a Serial Number. guess that was the problem why it did not work.

Congrats :D

Ahh I see, right in that case I'd be tempted to restore that entire dvd image to a usb drive, copy the extra folder across and then install the relevant package to the usb stick to see if that works.

Andy, I tried with the Gold Master as suggested above and it throws an error as mentioned in my previous post (guessing the paths are slightly different). However, if you start from step 5 using the BaseSystem dmg, it installs perfectly. Thought this might help anyone else using the GM.

My friend Ramona (whos computer is down {obviously}, so I am posting this on her behalf) has followed this tutorial. When she boots, the Apple logo comes up as normal, but she simply loads to a white screen. I don't know much more than this, except her system spec.

I'm going to suggest booting into verbose mode to see what error pops up, but for now, i'm going to ask if anyone has had any problems such as this in the past. Thanks!

System Specification:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE DIRT3 Game

Asus P67 Sabertooth Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION **

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (GFC-00599)

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )

Cooler Master Storm Scout Gaming Case - Black

OcUK Battle 750W Dual Rail High Efficiency Modular Power Supply

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache WD10EALX - OEM

Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM3)

Crysis 2: Limited Edition

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp

Sony Optiarc AD-7260S 24x DVD±RW SATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan - 3/4 Pin

Zaward Golf 120mm x 25mm Fan - Red / White

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

My friend Ramona (whos computer is down {obviously}, so I am posting this on her behalf) has followed this tutorial. When she boots, the Apple logo comes up as normal, but she simply loads to a white screen. I don't know much more than this, except her system spec.

I'm going to suggest booting into verbose mode to see what error pops up, but for now, i'm going to ask if anyone has had any problems such as this in the past. Thanks!

System Specification:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

--> Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE DIRT3 Game <--

Asus P67 Sabertooth Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION **

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (GFC-00599)

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )

Cooler Master Storm Scout Gaming Case - Black

OcUK Battle 750W Dual Rail High Efficiency Modular Power Supply

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache WD10EALX - OEM

Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM3)

Crysis 2: Limited Edition

Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp

Sony Optiarc AD-7260S 24x DVD±RW SATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan - 3/4 Pin

Zaward Golf 120mm x 25mm Fan - Red / White

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

:D

So its the video card? Anything that can be done about it? Any kexts?

Yup - delete the System/Library/Extension/ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle and System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext and reboot

Hello seems like I am the only one having the problem here.....

I'm writing through my reinstalled 10.6.8 Snow leopard.

I tried installing OS X Lion (the GM version) from a fresh install or updating from snow leopard but without success.... (3 times already). My problem is the following :

Everything went fine (from creating bootable usb with OS X Lion installation to installing the system).

However when I try to boot my HDD through my USB stick from the first time (after the successful installation of Lion), I keep getting kernel panic (saying "unable to find driver for this platform...)

It's not my version but I got something like that (report got from internet) :

this is what it says on the screen.

panic (cpu 0 caller 0x0043913f): unable to find driver for this platform: \ACPI\" .\in"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1228.15.4/iokit/kernel/IOPlatformExpert.ccp:1407

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (cpu 0), frame : return address (4 potential args on stack)

0x54dabdd8 : (SOME NUMBERS)

........BE28 : ....

..........BE48 : ....

........BEA8 : ....

........BF28 : ....

............78 : .....

..........C8 : ......

backtrace terminated-invalid fram pointer 0

BSD process name corresponding to current thread : Unknown

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwi9n Kernel version 9.8.0: wed jul 15 16:55:01 pdt 2009; root:xnu-1228.15.4~1/RELESE_I386

system uptime in nanoseconds : 156433694

I don't know what to do anymore and don't know what I'm doing wrong since I followed the great guide step to step ... Did I forgot to do something preventing me from booting under Lion ?

My config

i7 2600k

Motherboard : Asus p8p67 LE (I choose the Standard version from andy boot package for installing Lion)

No DSDT.aml

Thanks for answering because I start to lose hope (I think it's the fourth time I use Timemachine to 10.6.8 in order to reinstall Lion...)

Hello seems like I am the only one having the problem here.....

I'm writing through my reinstalled 10.6.8 Snow leopard.

I tried installing OS X Lion (the GM version) from a fresh install or updating from snow leopard but without success.... (3 times already). My problem is the following :

Everything went fine (from creating bootable usb with OS X Lion installation to installing the system).

However when I try to boot my HDD through my USB stick from the first time (after the successful installation of Lion), I keep getting kernel panic (saying "unable to find driver for this platform...)and I don't know what to do anymore and don't know what I'm doing wrong since I followed the great guide step to step ... Did I forgot to do something preventing me from booting under Lion ?

My config

i7 2600k

Motherboard : Asus p8p67 LE (I choose the Standard version from andy boot package for installing Lion)

No DSDT.aml

Thanks for answering because I start to lose hope (I think it's the fourth time I use Timemachine to 10.6.8 in order to reinstall Lion...)

Not tested with a P8P867 LE - Hence the cunning thread name of 'P8P67Pro and Non Pro' (although I did add sabertooth in later but lets not quibble lol).

" Can you post saying after deleting those, and verbose.booting, I can get to the white screen before the threaded fabric background loads in, with mouse and native Res, but doesn't move on from there. No errors I could see from verbose."

Hi Andy,

Great job;

I've followed ur tut to install Lion on a P8P67 evo rev3 mobo; with your package "pro".

Installed on HDD switched to a sata 3.0 Gb/s connector (failed with the 6.0 gb/s one)

All's running ok, except sound (internal speakers) on HDMI (if somebody has a solution, should be nice)

Asus EAH 5850 recognized as ati radeon 5800 series with HDMI cable

So, many thanks to u

Bye

-_-

Hi Andy,

I installed Lion GM on a Asus P8P67, Asus ATI HD5770. Everything works exept:

Ethernet

Sound

I reinstalled the new P8P67 Package several times.

Sometimes Sound is working (except the optical out).

Ethernet never worked.

Permissions of whole HDD repaired with ONYX.

Do you have some suggestions ???

Thank's a lot

Arnd

Need a little help here, out of boredom I've installed Lion from scratch without updating from Snow Leopard, all went fine but my HD 5870 don't get recognised properly anymore:

10.7 upgrade from 10.6.8 + P8P67 Pro Installer.pkg (ver. 4 or 5)

ixw7ky.jpg

10.7 fresh install + P8P67 Sabertooth Installer.pkg (ver. 5)

2rnerfn.jpg

I can remember in the System Profiler > PCI Cards there was something with ATIUakari listed, which is gone now as well.

Do I miss here something? Any help much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

/EDIT

DVD Player and Geekbench crash instantly :D

@Mavmiles

All's running ok, except sound (internal speakers) on HDMI (if somebody has a solution, should be nice)

Try this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1706484

Need a little help here, out of boredom I've installed Lion from scratch without updating from Snow Leopard, all went fine but my HD 5870 don't get recognised properly anymore:

10.7 upgrade from 10.6.8 + P8P67 Pro Installer.pkg (ver. 4 or 5)

ixw7ky.jpg

10.7 fresh install + P8P67 Sabertooth Installer.pkg (ver. 5)

2rnerfn.jpg

I can remember in the System Profiler > PCI Cards there was something with ATIUakari listed, which is gone now as well.

Do I miss here something? Any help much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

/EDIT

DVD Player and Geekbench crash instantly :wacko:

@Mavmiles

Try this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1706484

Add GraphicsEnabler=Y as a boot flag or into your com.apple.Boot.plist

Add GraphicsEnabler=Y as a boot flag or into your com.apple.Boot.plist

Thanks, I figured it out as well. But why was it working in the first installation with GraphicsEnabler=No? And are there any advantages/disadvantages whit GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

Thanks, I figured it out as well. But why was it working in the first installation with GraphicsEnabler=No? And are there any advantages/disadvantages whit GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

It won't have worked with graphicsenabler=n, dvd player and geekbench will not work without it.

I had to change GraphicsEnabler to yes as well for my 5770 card to show as 5700 series in System Info. Previously it was showing as 5000 series just as yours did (same Mobo - Sabertooth P67). Now DVDPlayer is working fine as well with it set to Yes.

On a related note, while screen transitions from desktops and general graphics performance seem smooth, window resizing animations seem slightly jerky and less smooth compared to my SL install. Also the dashboard ripple animations no longer show (maybe it's not there in Lion anymore). Any thoughts?

EDIT: Just tried running Braid (the game) and several issues with it. Hangs in Fullscreen mode at 1980x1200, tried playing it in windowed mode, and still constant flickering while playing the game and then suddenly goes grey fullscreen with vertical lines. Pressing escape to pause the game brings it back to normal but I have to quit the game. Turning VSync off before launching fixes the problems, but now there's tearing while the game scrolls. Any suggestions?