P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

telepati

telepati

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
I have a bootable dmg where am I start to guide?

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

I have a bootable dmg where am I start to guide?

Erm, what? ;)

Bism4rck

Bism4rck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

P8P67 Sabertooth package (would appreciate feedback if you own a P8P67 Sabertooth board because I can't test this one myself) http://www.mediafire...uahydjc0koyyuvk

Works great, just installed it over my running system. And Sabertooth has no bluetooth, so you can remove it from the pack, or leave it when it don't hurts anything.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Thanks once more... ;)

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Works great, just installed it over my running system. And Sabertooth has no bluetooth, so you can remove it from the pack, or leave it when it don't hurts anything.

Does it not have bluetooth? bugger I thought it had same features as the Pro only with plate mail armour lol

Thanks for the feedback btw!!! much appreciated ;)

sea_man

sea_man

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Does it not have bluetooth? bugger I thought it had same features as the Pro only with plate mail armour lol

Thanks for the feedback btw!!! much appreciated :D

Your pack for sabertooth is here is also working , thanks !

Pdt:
Not only the armor.. this have 5 years of warranty and mil spec components
Also look very nice :)

telepati

telepati

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Erm, what? :)

I mean I have bootable dmg and you have 18 steps. Many things seems like ready in my dmg what should I do how to add this thing on USB? My dmg looks like...
Posted Image

Valmar

Valmar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Andy could you try to run team viewer and check if it works or if you get right away a message saying access denied? Because I am really not able to get it to work with ur Installation package and I don't know why. I never had this problems when I was using ##### and #####. Last time was when I used some kind of OSX Modification like iAtkos.

Changing smbios.plist and serial numbers does not help. Something must be messed up.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Andy could you try to run team viewer and check if it works or if you get right away a message saying access denied? Because I am really not able to get it to work with ur Installation package and I don't know why. I never had this problems when I was using ##### and #####. Last time was when I used some kind of OSX Modification like iAtkos.

Changing smbios.plist and serial numbers does not help. Something must be messed up.

Sorry mate but it's working here - well it loads anyway and asks for an ID to create session etc

I mean I have bootable dmg and you have 18 steps. Many things seems like ready in my dmg what should I do how to add this thing on USB? My dmg looks like...
Posted Image

I don't understand what you are asking me - if you already have a bootable dmg (not sure where you even got that from) why not just boot from it?
Otherwise you can try extracting the 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' file and follow the instructions that I have posted!

Valmar

Valmar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Damn thats strange. Why doesn't it work for me then :thumbsup_anim:
Guess I have to reinstall again

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Damn thats strange. Why doesn't it work for me then :(
Guess I have to reinstall again

Sounds like you have some very screwed up file permissions somewhere

skiddyrow

skiddyrow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted Image

This looks like the downloaded Gold Master that is floating around. It's supposed to be identical to the app store release, just not in package form. I guess you could start directly with step 5. If it's the same it should work.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

This looks like the downloaded Gold Master that is floating around. It's supposed to be identical to the app store release, just not in package form. I guess you could start directly with step 5. If it's the same it should work.

Ahh I see, right in that case I'd be tempted to restore that entire dvd image to a usb drive, copy the extra folder across and then install the relevant package to the usb stick to see if that works.

skiddyrow

skiddyrow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Andy, also a note that a 4GB USB drive does not seem to have enough space to complete step 15. The Packages folder is around 3.26GB by itself. Also for some reason I seem to be stuck in that step even with an 8GB drive. It starts to copy after entering my password, but gets stuck at the 'estimated time remaining' message :huh:

EDIT - while the message still displays, the files are copying in the background. Will continue with my Lion quest :D

EDIT 2 - No luck with the last step. Tried to install the Sabertooth package to the USB, but it ends with this message

The Installer Failed - The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Valmar

Valmar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Sounds like you have some very screwed up file permissions somewhere

Reinstall did not help. Very strange. Can you tell me which files of your pkg are needed to boot Lion (because they are not copied to the extra folder)? Are they the same like on the Boot CD (btw. do you have a current link to the most recent version)? Because I want to try to install it with a different Bootloader + ##### but I still need some of the kext files to get it work. I really need to be able to use teamviewer :blink:

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Reinstall did not help. Very strange. Can you tell me which files of your pkg are needed to boot Lion (because they are not copied to the extra folder)? Are they the same like on the Boot CD (btw. do you have a current link to the most recent version)? Because I want to try to install it with a different Bootloader + ##### but I still need some of the kext files to get it work. I really need to be able to use teamviewer :blink:

The most recent links in this thread are the current ones. I'm not sure what's going on with your install but if you are messing around with other bootloaders and ##### them I'm afraid I really can't help you. Don't get me wrong I'm not being snotty it's just that I have no way of knowing what you are doing or what you have already done.
I have only tested the install method as published so if you do it any other way the odds of me being able to help you are greatly reduced.

BTW - don't put your kexts in the extra folder if you are using lion because it won't load them.

Valmar

Valmar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

The most recent links in this thread are the current ones. I'm not sure what's going on with your install but if you are messing around with other bootloaders and ##### them I'm afraid I really can't help you. Don't get me wrong I'm not being snotty it's just that I have no way of knowing what you are doing or what you have already done.
I have only tested the install method as published so if you do it any other way the odds of me being able to help you are greatly reduced.

BTW - don't put your kexts in the extra folder if you are using lion because it won't load them.

Hey I got it working. I downloaded ur Install package again and now it is working. Also for the first time I have a smbios.plist in the Extra folder and my system got a Serial Number. guess that was the problem why it did not work.

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Hey I got it working. I downloaded ur Install package again and now it is working. Also for the first time I have a smbios.plist in the Extra folder and my system got a Serial Number. guess that was the problem why it did not work.

Congrats :D

skiddyrow

skiddyrow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Ahh I see, right in that case I'd be tempted to restore that entire dvd image to a usb drive, copy the extra folder across and then install the relevant package to the usb stick to see if that works.

Andy, I tried with the Gold Master as suggested above and it throws an error as mentioned in my previous post (guessing the paths are slightly different). However, if you start from step 5 using the BaseSystem dmg, it installs perfectly. Thought this might help anyone else using the GM.

SpAM_CAN

SpAM_CAN

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
My friend Ramona (whos computer is down {obviously}, so I am posting this on her behalf) has followed this tutorial. When she boots, the Apple logo comes up as normal, but she simply loads to a white screen. I don't know much more than this, except her system spec.

I'm going to suggest booting into verbose mode to see what error pops up, but for now, i'm going to ask if anyone has had any problems such as this in the past. Thanks!

System Specification:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE DIRT3 Game
Asus P67 Sabertooth Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION **
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (GFC-00599)
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )
Cooler Master Storm Scout Gaming Case - Black
OcUK Battle 750W Dual Rail High Efficiency Modular Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache WD10EALX - OEM
Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM3)
Crysis 2: Limited Edition
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp
Sony Optiarc AD-7260S 24x DVD±RW SATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - OEM
Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan - 3/4 Pin
Zaward Golf 120mm x 25mm Fan - Red / White
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

^Andy^

^Andy^

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

My friend Ramona (whos computer is down {obviously}, so I am posting this on her behalf) has followed this tutorial. When she boots, the Apple logo comes up as normal, but she simply loads to a white screen. I don't know much more than this, except her system spec.

I'm going to suggest booting into verbose mode to see what error pops up, but for now, i'm going to ask if anyone has had any problems such as this in the past. Thanks!

System Specification:

Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor
--> Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE DIRT3 Game <--
Asus P67 Sabertooth Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard - (Sandybridge) ** B3 REVISION **
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-Bit - OEM (GFC-00599)
G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL )
Cooler Master Storm Scout Gaming Case - Black
OcUK Battle 750W Dual Rail High Efficiency Modular Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache WD10EALX - OEM
Akasa AK-CCX-4002HP Venom CPU Cooler (Socket LGA775/LGA1155/LGA1156/LGA1366/AM2/AM3)
Crysis 2: Limited Edition
Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp
Sony Optiarc AD-7260S 24x DVD±RW SATA Lightscribe ReWriter (Black) - OEM
Akasa AK-FN059 120mm Ultra Quiet Viper Cool Fan - 3/4 Pin
Zaward Golf 120mm x 25mm Fan - Red / White
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound (3.5g)

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy