Please Update your Guide for 10.7.3.

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Please Update your Guide for 10.7.3.

Updating to 10.7.3 works fine via Software Update. Was that what you meant?

cyberbuddhah

cyberbuddhah

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Updating to 10.7.3 works fine via Software Update. Was that what you meant?

Dear tseug,

Some people have problem with lnx2mac realtek ethernet driver that you use in this guide. Should we remove it prior to update? Thanks ahaed.

phin586

phin586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Using the latest lnx2mac drivers solved any issues i had. I did have a problem with sound but i resolved that by using the analog output instead of digital (that was my issue all along!)

Also, maybe im just an idiot but the ##### AppleHDA patches never quite worked for me.

Tonymacs latest 889 stuff doesnt like me much either.

I cannot find the OP, but i have a zip file with the AppleHDA.kext / HDAEnabler.kext update that worked for me. I did have to reinstall it after doing the update. I'm a little pressed for time for getting to work but i can link it after if anyone needs.

phin586

phin586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
http://www.mediafire..._for_ALC888.zip

that is the alc888 driver i used. if anyone has a better method, i am all years. this "just works"

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Dear tseug,

Some people have problem with lnx2mac realtek ethernet driver that you use in this guide. Should we remove it prior to update? Thanks ahaed.

OK, I've updated the script:

v1.2: New version of Lnx2Mac network driver. See http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

You should then be able to use the upgrade method described in the section of the guide entitled: Upgrade from an earlier install. Another option would be to just install the new one directly prior to updating.

phin586

phin586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
tseung. I just noticed that i am unable to get temps from my motherboard. any ideas?

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
I too am unable to see my CPU temperature in iStat Menus 3. The install works great however...

I should mention as well, for those upgrading from Snow Leopard, I ran a combination of things to get it to work properly. I followed the instructions only to get stuck booting up after running finalize. What I did to resolve the situation was partition the drive, do a fresh install on a separate drive, and then running ##### Lion Edition's easy install option from the new install to the old broken Snow Leopard partition. I am currently running the combined update on the drive to see where this takes me, but I'm almost back up and running.

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
And... after upgrading my permissions were permanently screwed. Good thing I had a backup of all my files... doing a clean install now.

tseug

tseug

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I too am unable to see my CPU temperature in iStat Menus 3. The install works great however...

I should mention as well, for those upgrading from Snow Leopard, I ran a combination of things to get it to work properly. I followed the instructions only to get stuck booting up after running finalize. What I did to resolve the situation was partition the drive, do a fresh install on a separate drive, and then running ##### Lion Edition's easy install option from the new install to the old broken Snow Leopard partition. I am currently running the combined update on the drive to see where this takes me, but I'm almost back up and running.

The upgrading section was only intended to be used in point upgrades and for those using an earlier version of the scripts. SL -> LION upgrades is not supported. My recommendation would be to do a clean Lion install and then transfer your user via Time Machine.

I've removed the section "Upgrading from an earlier install". It's too confusing.

phin586

phin586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Ya i would love to be able to see my temps. New install.

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

The upgrading section was only intended to be used in point upgrades and for those using an earlier version of the scripts. SL -> LION upgrades is not supported. My recommendation would be to do a clean Lion install and then transfer your user via Time Machine.

I've removed the section "Upgrading from an earlier install". It's too confusing.

Yeah it definitely confused me, haha, but it was fine and the original walkthrough worked great on my G41M-ES2L. I am now working with 10.7.3 after using Champlist to create a new smbios (for iCloud). I am going to try an run an older FakeSMC kext to see if that helps with the CPU temperatures. I am also using my original dsdt.aml created for my processor so I'm not sure what else to do. This is a fresh install too.

Luthraz

Luthraz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
The old FakeSMC next didn't change anything. Anyone else able to get CPU temps successfully? I'm wondering if this is a known issue with Lion.

phin586

phin586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Not sure what the policy is for linking another board and i apoligize if i am breaking any rules but i found this and went ahead and tried it with no luck:

http://www.osx86.net....html#post74148

Now what i am wondering, is if there is a fakesmc, perhaps its what we are currently using, that supports these plugins?

I'm a newb still and on my first build, so bare with me if im sounding like i have no clue what i am speaking of.

ok guys! I kept the current FakeSMC and moved these plugins and I now have CPU temps!

macbrush

macbrush

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Great tutorial! Worked for my Gigabyte EP45 board.

Only a few things slowed me down.

1. When booting from USB, make sure you hit f12 at bios, and choose the USB from "Hard Disk+", not USB HHD which would not work.

2. make sure you copy the whole "install" into usb, and run finalize from there.

3. You will have to use PCIRootUID tweak to make iCloud and App Store works.

Copy the following into your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Remove all interfaces from Network preferences in System Preferences, then
in Terminal: "rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist" the reboot

Add ethernet back first in Network preferences in System Preferences. Done.

Don't bother using EFI string method, it will break other things such as duel monitor.

4. Find the exact dsdt.aml for your motherboard or generate your own.

*Edit: I just put a XFX HD 6870 2GB into my box to replace the aging 4870. To my surprise, everything is OOB in this installation. I have 2 monitors, 1 30" Apple Display and 1 Samsung 26", I use the first DVI port for the DL connection to Apple display and a passive MiniDP to DVI adaptor to the Samsung.

Stellair

Stellair

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Thanks Tseug for your guide!

I just installed 10.7.2 and afterwards updated to 10.7.3 but my sound is gone and creating an iCloud account doesn't work (limit reached). How can I resolve this?

3. You will have to use PCIRootUID tweak to make iCloud and App Store works.

Copy the following into your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Remove all interfaces from Network preferences in System Preferences, then
in Terminal: "rm /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.network.identification.plist" the reboot

Add ethernet back first in Network preferences in System Preferences. Done.

Don't bother using EFI string method, it will break other things such as duel monitor.

I tried your method macbrush to resolve my iCloud problem but it didn't worked. I added the few lines to my Chameleon boot plist, removed all network interfaces, deleted 2 plist files and rebooted. I also upgraded the nic kext which tseug gave the link http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

http://www.mediafire..._for_ALC888.zip

that is the alc888 driver i used. if anyone has a better method, i am all years. this "just works"

I tried this next too but it didn't worked. I tried it with Kext Helper.

When I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 do I need to execute the script from tseug (./finalize /Volumes/Lion) again?

macbrush

macbrush

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Your goal is to make the OS thinks NIC is a built-in one. Maybe you can try upgrading the Chameleon to later version?

Thanks Tseug for your guide!

I just installed 10.7.2 and afterwards updated to 10.7.3 but my sound is gone and creating an iCloud account doesn't work (limit reached). How can I resolve this?

I tried your method macbrush to resolve my iCloud problem but it didn't worked. I added the few lines to my Chameleon boot plist, removed all network interfaces, deleted 2 plist files and rebooted. I also upgraded the nic kext which tseug gave the link http://lnx2mac.blogs...osx-driver.html

When I updated from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3 do I need to execute the script from tseug (./finalize /Volumes/Lion) again?

phin586

phin586

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Check what kext is currently being loaded for your sound and remove it. It also took a couple settings in the mixer to fiddle with to get the sound to output correctly.

Antuan

Antuan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
All working with your (fantastic) guide in my GA-P35-DS4 + Geforce 9800GT (even sleep mode, i'm crying of happiness)

Updated with Combo update 10.7.3 perfectly (only had to re-install sound)

Thank you very much, tseug. You're the {censored} boss :king: , el puto amo que se diría aquí.

Best regards from Spain!

:)

Stellair

Stellair

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
Ok, I recreated a new usb boot stick based on 10.7.3. Every hardware is working and with sound! Even with my bluetooth stick :wink2:

The iCloud account I still cannot create. I don't know why. Anybody have this problem too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy