Here's an excerpt of some of the features that they're aiming to provide through v0ltr0n:
- The ability to install OS X 10.7 Retail DVDs OS X 10.7 retail install images onto hard disks with non-GUID partitions without issues.
- Integrated kext patching within the bootloader for kexts which need to be patched either through their Info.plist or binary. (based on a number of netbookinstaller‘s features)
- Integrated kernel patching within the bootloader for all unsupported CPUs. As of now, just basic support for AMDs have been planned, but this will make things easier for unsupported Intel CPU people as well.
- Retail DVD sub-package injection and autoselection, just like ModCD/ModUSB, so your hardware support gets installed with the OS.
- SleepEnabler.kext will not need to be updated anymore. PM_DISPATCH_VERSION within the kernel you are booting will be autodetected. For those who have dealt with the annoyance of updating SleepEnabler every kernel change, you will understand how this makes life easier.
- HDA codec detection in the bootloader.