[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

* * * * * 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
2974 replies to this topic

hanthor

hanthor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
is there any way you could seed a image of your OSX installation?

ben

ben

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i need help getting the usb work.. the usb2.0 port is not recognized and when i plug in my flash disk into the usb 3 ports, there's a lot of white messages on the screen and the last one is "system uptime in nano seconds...." how can i fix that?

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Do you use 32 or 64 bits mode in Geekbench??

Tnks.

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I used 32bit because it was free.

I'm also using 3TS ssdt for temperature and battery life concerns :)

5k is still admirable.

Doix, you have any further replies about the SSDT tables for the GT540?

Rockball73

Rockball73

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

I used 32bit because it was free.

I'm also using 3TS ssdt for temperature and battery life concerns :)

5k is still admirable.

Doix, you have any further replies about the SSDT tables for the GT540?

I have a i5-2430M, 4Go DDR3 1333Mhz, nVidia GT540M and 500Go HDD and I get 6500+ with Geekbench 64bit

Kirky

Kirky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Filming & Editing!
Has anyone noticed that when you update to 10.7.3 and use Chimea v1.7.0 you can't actually use both memory slots? or is it just me???

bastisk8

bastisk8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Just stumbeled upon something very interesting related to our Intel Wifi-Cards. I have been following this guy for some time and he has made significant progress lately.
Now, there is some hope that these will work with full airport compatibility eventually! See:
https://www.facebook.com/mercurysquad

NotMeAgain

NotMeAgain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Just stumbeled upon something very interesting related to our Intel Wifi-Cards. I have been following this guy for some time and he has made significant progress lately.
Now, there is some hope that these will work with full airport compatibility eventually! See:
https://www.facebook.com/mercurysquad

It would be nice to get my original wireless N+Bluetooth adapter working...

burrows1980

burrows1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I have a i5-2430M, 4Go DDR3 1333Mhz, nVidia GT540M and 500Go HDD and I get 6500+ with Geekbench 64bit

Heres my result:

http://browse.geekbe...ekbench2/561821

Still don't understand why Processors is at 0? Im going to put my test hard drive back in this weekend to have a fiddle with the latest developments and updates, Im buggered if I'm going to mess up this one :worried_anim: , worked flawlessly for months now thanks to Doix's and everyone else's hard work on the forum...

Rockball73

Rockball73

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I don't understand, because it seems to understand there are 4 cores/threads on it, even with 0 CPU unit... Weird, when you know a 2310M as only 2 cores with 4 threads...!
When you boot in -v and look at the lines of the CPU, does it seem to be initialized?! I think that you would better make a fresh install of OS X, to be sure there's not something wrong with it.

I'll post you my Geekbench score in a couple of minutes, we have nearly the same config :) The difference is CPU (2430M) and GPU (GT540M)...

Here's my Geekbench score (64-bit) : http://browse.geekbe...ekbench2/561836
And here is a 32-bit one, to compare with your 32-bit one : http://browse.geekbe...ekbench2/561839

Edited by Rockball73, 15 February 2012 - 06:20 PM.

burrows1980

burrows1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

I don't understand, because it seems to understand there are 4 cores/threads on it, even with 0 CPU unit... Weird! When you boot in -v and look at the lines of the CPU, does it seem to be initialized?!

I think it is, just restarted it in -v. Ran Geekbench in WIn 7 Ultimate just and was around the same score as with OSX, hmmm maybe the 20m difference in processor makes the difference :angry: damn it. Will see what results I get at the weekend with my other HD in with a fresh install...

Rockball73

Rockball73

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I think there's something wrong because your memory score is lower than mine too, but we have the same : 4Go @1333Mhz... I've +/-1000 more than you have for both memory score. And for the CPU I've +/-2000... I don't think it is so different between a 2430 and a 2410... !
Try with a fresh install. I know that under Win7, in 32-bit (because I didn't buy the 64-bit one for Win7, only for OS X) I've the same score than under OS X 32-bit mode (+/- 6000).

Rockball73

Rockball73

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Is there somebody who have his card reader working? Because it seems like I can't read my SDHC 8Go card...
I don't know if it's on mine or if everybody has the same problem :)

DoiX

DoiX

Homo discens

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • Interests:Photography, design, beer.
I never got around to test the reader, in theory it should be supported since we have drivers.. try booting with arch=i386 maybe the drivers are not fully 64bit compliant. Oh, if you have speedstep patch you might want to install the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext because you will get KP.

birdibird

birdibird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Is there somebody who have his card reader working? Because it seems like I can't read my SDHC 8Go card...

Card reader working fine here with a SanDisk Ultra 16 GB SDHC

burrows1980

burrows1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Attached File  SD Card Reader.zip   397.71KB   155 downloads

This is what I used mate, works fine for me...

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
My Geekbench score has been arround 7500 (Lion + i7-2670, 8GbRam, 2 Gb video, 750 Gb + 3TS_SSDT)

My question is that in win 7 I got arround 9500, this means that my laptop runs better win than macOS??

Is there any difference between installing SpeedStep with Doix's pakage 6 and installing it the manual way (1. Follow those instructions SpeedStepper including the MSRDumper kext (LOAD IT FROM THE TERMINAL DO NOT INSTALL IN EXTENSIONS))

If install with Doix's package, have I got to incluide MSRDumper kext or is it included?? (I try to install it after using Doix's package and the terminal says that file/directory not found)

I also had problems updating to 10.7.3 (I have had to reinstall it all, nevermind)

Thanks.

Rockball73

Rockball73

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

This is what I used mate, works fine for me...

Thanks dude, I'll try it tonight, and tell you how it works.

birdibird

birdibird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I also had problems updating to 10.7.3 (I have had to reinstall it all, nevermind)

did you follow instructions from DoiX tutorial? That is to replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and rebuild caches / repair permissions?
With me no problems at all installing 10.7.3

(I only had to replace the audio kexts to make audio work again)

calreyru1978

calreyru1978

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
And what speedstep should I use?? or how can I know what version of AICPUPM I have??

SpeedStepper v1.2 for Lion 10.7.0 & 10.7.1

Only works with AICPUPM v166.0.0 (64bit)

Posted Image speed_stepper_lion_gm.zip 1.89K 2575 downloads

SpeedStepper v1.2 for Lion 10.7.2 (beta)

Only works with AICPUPM v167.0.0 (64bit)

Posted Image speed_stepper_lion_1072.zip 1.89K 3151

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy