Chameleon Wizard - Utility for Chameleon.

wizard speedsteep org.chameleon.Boot Chameleon SMBios Installer

• Please log in to reply
673 replies to this topic

hando

hando

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Tech Gadgets. Fitness, Outdoors, Camping, 4wding, Fishing, Cycling, Running, Electronics, Photog...
Hey there,
When I try to save the SMBios to a folder nothing appears in that folder. Anyone else have this problem

tepaks

tepaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48 +
    x86/x64 PC
    x86/x64 iHack

I had to remove my applications from CloudApp (http://imgur.com/DVPVyUz). BTW, I understand them, I had free account.
If anyone knows a free file hosting other than Dropbox or Bitcasa, that allows direct download via URL please let me know.

Edit: Not longer an issue thanks to q64ceo. :)

Hi Janek 202,

Is it to much to ask to ad "

dart=0" option to latest release?

GoGas

GoGas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Compile/Export tab:
Compile/Decompile: It compiles (DSL => AML), and decompiles (AML => DSL) DSDT. AML is compiled version that Chameleon uses. DSL is decompiled version for edition.
Export: Exports DSDT from your BIOS/UEFI, so you can edit it.

Patch tab:
Apply patch: It allows to patch original, unmodified DSDT with patch file. The patch file contains all modifications that are useful. It must be generated with the same motherboard model and bios version. It uses standard patch command.
Create patch: It helps to generate patch file. You need two DSDT files. The first one, that is unmodified, original, and one that has all the modifications.
It will calculate all the differences between them and save it to patch file. It uses standard diff command.
IASL tab:
You can update IASL to the latest version. (That's the tool that compiles and decompiles DSDT).
Also there are some advanced options, that you don't have to worry about.
Quick Patch tab:
It will extract DSDT from your motherboard, patch it using DSDT patch file, compile it and put the DSDT.AML file in /Extra directory.

This is helpful.- coud you just expand on what file extension a patch should have. I have extracted the DSDT.aml/dsl for my MB using Chaemeleon Wizard and have found a patch and downloaded it from Olarilo but has come as a .txt file. Tried to change the extension to dsl but the browse command on the Apply patch does not recognise the file. It does recognise the original extracted .dsl file.

Thanks

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

Hi Janek 202,

Is it to much to ask to ad "
dart=0" option to latest release?

OK, but can you explain what is this for? So I could add this in the right category.

This is helpful.- coud you just expand on what file extension a patch should have. I have extracted the DSDT.aml/dsl for my MB using Chaemeleon Wizard and have found a patch and downloaded it from Olarilo but has come as a .txt file. Tried to change the extension to dsl but the browse command on the Apply patch does not

This app uses standard patch and diff commands. Extension is patch. Patches with txt extensions are made for another application (DSDT Fixer, I think). It's completly other format, and txt files are not compatible with this application. Basically no one is using DSDT tab in this app I think... :P

GoGas

GoGas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Thanks. Not immediately obvious for. New user . I will look at other DSDT Editors.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Thanks. Not immediately obvious for. New user . I will look at other DSDT Editors.

DSDT Editor and Patcher

Attached File  DSDTEditor_Mac.zip   1.13MB   29 downloads

tepaks

tepaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
    x86/x64 PC
    x86/x64 iHack
@janek202

OK, but can you explain what is this for? So I could add this in the right category.

dart=0 is a kernel flag that disables intel virtualization cpu option. This will prevent KP on sandy bridge after 10.8.2 or 10.8.3 update.
It also, for the same KP reason, removes need to roll back to 10.8.1 AppleACPIPlatform.kext
Drawback of this option is that it will render software like VMWare fusion in x64 mode useless.

KP on intel virtualization capable hardware is an issue introduced by 10.8.2 and isn't limited to iHack. Genuine Mac's owners experience same problem.

more detailed info about this issue can be read here

reason I'm asking for this change is that after manually editing of org.chameleon.boot.plist to add this flag, using chameleon wizard will remove it from .plist

I've tested this on my latest iHack ASUS CM6330 ML 10.8.3

tepaks

tepaks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
    x86/x64 PC
    x86/x64 iHack

@janek202 tnx for the update!

​can you also add

description of dart=0 option for those not familiar with this tweak?

dm4n

dm4n

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
@janek202

Thanks for the Chameleon tool.

Question re: updating the bootloader . (/boot) - when should the option to upgrade addtional boot files be used - /boot and boot1h? I haven't upgraded these files since original Mountain Lion install - is there a repository to check?

Also, I have ML installed on 3 HD's in my PC - if I want to be able to boot from any of them- would I install chameleon on the other HD's and also which boot files?

Thanks.

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,704 posts

Hi janek202,

As I think you've already seen, we have put Chameleon Wizard.app, into Pandora.app.
Now, coming out Pandora.app Beta2, and want to be sure I have your permission, and sorry :blush:  if it has not been done before.

However, everything inside Pandora has a html page like this:

Attached File  Senza titolo.png   485.48KB   10 downloads

I hope likes this system's Credit  :)

Micky

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

That's ok. You have my full permission for all of my apps. And thanks for asking.  :P

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,704 posts

That's ok. You have my full permission for all of my apps. And thanks for asking.  :P

Thank you very much! :)

Micky

ameris_cyning

ameris_cyning

I don't know what to write here

• Donators
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, female anatomy, electronic music, Clover EFI

Hey Janek!

I havent found the newest SMbios for the refreshed Macbook Airs. If you do stumble upon them I would appreciate their addition to Chameleon Wizard. I am on a Haswell system here which is why I want it.

janek202

janek202

InsanelyMac Sage

• Developers
  • 309 posts

I havent found the newest SMbios for the refreshed Macbook Airs. If you do stumble upon them I would appreciate their addition to Chameleon Wizard.

I haven't found any information yet. All I have is serial number. It ends with F5V7 (13") or F5N7(11"). Based on http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown

ameris_cyning

ameris_cyning

• Donators
  • 956 posts

I haven't found any information yet. All I have is serial number. It ends with F5V7 (13") or F5N7(11"). Based on http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown

Understood. My Googlefu was lacking as well.

BTW keep up the excellent work. I love Chameleon Wizard.

ameris_cyning

ameris_cyning

• Donators
  • 956 posts

nevermind

dupekchuj

dupekchuj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hi guys,

ill probably get called names but i looked everywhere and i couldnt find a decent how-to guide.

ive installed mountain lion using vmware 9 on windows and it runs fine. the only problem i have is that is using vmware's emulated graphics instead of my graphics card. ive got a radeon 6790.

i have downloaded the chameleon wizard and checked the 'gpu enabler' checkbox, pressed 'save', rebooted but nothing has changed.

i dont really know how to use this tool so im trying everything i can find on the internet, but it seems like any changes i make using this software have no effect. am i missing something?

could someone kindly please write a simple step-by-step guide on what do i need to do for the os x to recognize my video card? any help will be greatly appreciated!

im using 4.2.2.

ps. i tried increasing the memory size in the vm's config file to 512 mb but with no success.

thanks!

nikkpap

nikkpap

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

hi i have a nuc i3 with 10.8.4 and works great... can anyone tell me if i can update the bootloader without loosing my setup... do i have to carboncopy all the partition first... and how i can do it with this tool???

rafaelfrequiao

rafaelfrequiao

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Excellent application. I consider it a must have for Hackintoshing!

fine

fine

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I love your App, you're a beast¡¡¡¡¡

Thanks for your hard work¡¡¡

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wizard, speedsteep, org.chameleon.Boot, Chameleon, SMBios, Installer

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy