Supported Graphics cards with Full QE/QI

kludgedean

253 posts in this topic

Okay i got lion installed and i m trying to figure out how to get GeForce 9500 GT enabled I have tried the NVEnabler64 method that didnt work I tried Graphics enabler that didnt work either Where do i inject the efi string?

GeForce 9800 GTX+ not working, stuck at 1024x768 - is this working for anyone? I know at some point in the past I had to do some editing to get it to work with SL, probably same situation for Lion but I forget how to do it....help!

GeForce 9800 GTX+ not working, stuck at 1024x768 - is this working for anyone? I know at some point in the past I had to do some editing to get it to work with SL, probably same situation for Lion but I forget how to do it....help!

well try some kexts or the enabler :D

Check to see if the device ID is in NVDAResman.kext. and/or NVDANV50Hal.kext. You may have to add it.

Check to see if the device ID is in NVDAResman.kext. and/or NVDANV50Hal.kext. You may have to add it.

I added to NVDAN50Hal.kext but I can't see where it would go in Resman.kext - still no resolution choices. "System Information" reports the correct card, if that means anything.

Maybe I should just buy a new graphics card? Suggestion for a decent card that works great out of the box?

Twintech GTX 275 896mb fully working using EFI Strings from EFIStudio.

Only problem I have is mirroring display's but I think that this could be a Lion Bug, can anybody confirm if mirror is working for them ?

ATI Sapphire HD 4850 fully working with QE/QI enabled. Added device id into ATI4800controller.kext, installed latest ATY_Init.kext and that's all"

UPDATE: In DP4, you don't need ATY_Init anymore, just add the dev-id in original ati4800controller and GraphicsEnabler=Yes in bootloader

with my Geforce 9500 gt 1gb with Graphics Enabler i get to the point where it says the video card driver NVDANV50.hal is loaded and registered then I get a Blank Blue screen as if its trying to switch resoltion and hangs i ve tried inserting nvcap and efistrings and this is as far as i ve gotten this is the same issue i have with NVEnabler it probes the card recognizes it but simply fails to initiate

with my Geforce 9500 gt 1gb with Graphics Enabler i get to the point where it says the video card driver NVDANV50.hal is loaded and registered then I get a Blank Blue screen as if its trying to switch resoltion and hangs i ve tried inserting nvcap and efistrings and this is as far as i ve gotten this is the same issue i have with NVEnabler it probes the card recognizes it but simply fails to initiate

same happened to me with some kexts/entries combinations using my 8800gts

i ve tried several methods from swapping out kexts with snow leopard ones modifying plist files with the lion ones NVEnabler NVinject Graphics Enabler EFI Strings it just doesnt seem to matter they produce the same result everytime

i ve tried several methods from swapping out kexts with snow leopard ones modifying plist files with the lion ones NVEnabler NVinject Graphics Enabler EFI Strings it just doesnt seem to matter they produce the same result everytime

Have you got

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string> (may be different card slot number)

in com.apple.Boot.plist

ASUS GeForce 210 Silent 512MB works OOB. No injector/enabler, no GraphicsEnabler=xxx, no DSDT. Just works.

Edit: you might need GraphicsEnabler. It's weird. Chameleon RC5 903 needs GraphicsEnabler=yes, but RC5 846 (I think) that I have on my Snow Leopard 10.6.7 HDD doesn't.

Anyway, try it without GraphicsEnabler, if it works, great! If it doesn't just add GraphicsEnabler=Yes to com.apple.boot.plist.

thanx i´ll try it :P

MacOSX Lion Developer Preview2 64bit sucessfully installed on GIGABYTE G31M ES2L Core2DuoE2180@2.0Ghz(overclocked@2.25Ghz) 2GB DDR2 RAM@800Mhz(901Mhz overclocked) NVIDIA POV GEFORCE GT 8600 512Mb Q/E activated(dual boot not tested yet) w/ NVEnabler.kext and FakeSMC.kext . Installing Method : [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] +Xpc.

http://facebook.com/nexusakachus

only an issue : the scroll mouse wheel works upside down on lion . please help . thanx

post-669886-1307927653_thumb.jpg

only an issue : the scroll mouse wheel works upside down on lion . please help . thanx

heh yeah, all the scrolling is inverted in Lion, to make it more like iOS. not a bug :)

I've just installed Lion DP4 on my machine and patched both the ATI4800Controller and ATIRadeonX2000 kexts by adding my dev id for my Sapphire HD4890. I also had to patch the ATIRadeonX2000 binary to get it to load (replacing a existing id with mine).

I got the following kexts to load:

ATISupport

ATI4800Controller

ATIRadeonX2000

ATIFramebuffer

It detects my GPU correctly and my display resolution is correct but I haven't been able to get QE/CI working. I don't know if I did the binary patching the correct way, did I miss something here?

Cheers

GTX 260 OC working with DSDT

Device (PCI0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
		Name (_ADR, Zero)
		Name (_UID, One)
		Name (_BBN, Zero)
		Device (POP1)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
			Device (GFX)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_SUN, One)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x1C)
						{
							"@0,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@0,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@0,display-cfg", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"@0,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-A"
							}, 

"@1,compatible", 
							Buffer (0x0B)
							{
								"NVDA,NVMac"
							}, 

"@1,device_type", 
							Buffer (0x08)
							{
								"display"
							}, 

"@1,display-cfg", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0xFF, 0xFF, 0x00, 0x01
							}, 

"@1,name", 
							Buffer (0x0F)
							{
								"NVDA,Display-B"
							}, 

"NVCAP", 
							Buffer (0x18)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
								/* 0008 */	0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
								/* 0010 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"NVPM", 
							Buffer (0x1C)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
								/* 0008 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
								/* 0010 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
								/* 0018 */	0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x0C)
							{
								"NVDA,Parent"
							}, 

"model", 
							Buffer (0x17)
							{
								"nVidia GeForce 260 GTX"
							}, 

"rom-revision", 
							Buffer (0x06)
							{
								"3172a"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
		}

Hello All!

I'm runnin DP2 with an NVidia 7600 GS but cannot seem to enable native resolution or QE/CI. What is the best method to do so? I have tried NVEnabler.kext but it yields a gray screen after startup, and appears to not work. If anyone could help that would be great, OSx86 is not new to me, but this is the first time i have used Lion, which is seemingly trickier to modify than SL And Leopard at is point.

Thanks in advance!

abkratch