ATI Native drivers

LinearBurn

213 posts in this topic

your hotfix contains 5000controller and radeonx3000, however you said the id from 5000 kext should be inside 6000 so why are you providing 5000 kext inside the zip file?

So you cut 100268C1 from 5000 and pasted it inside info.plist inside 6000 kext? so why are you providing radeonx3000 kext?

i had it in both the 5k and 6k so i just removed it frm the k5 and added your id to the ATIRadeonX3000 kext so it hopefuly will init now

ATIRadeonX3000.kext is not actualy for hd3k cards its more of a generic catch all for the frame buffer its like a master kext from what i can tell

if you look at the devices as thay load older gens use 1k middle 2k and newer cards 3k

when its working properly it should look a lot like this

ATI6000Controller 7.0.52

ATISupport 7.0.52

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.52

ATIRadeonX3000 7.0.52

but i could be wrong ill let you know later today after i reload my install.

BTW, seems you haven't include 1002_68E0 for HD 5470 Mobility?

its in the kext just not the list i havent updated that list in a bit i got a second list that is updated ona flash drive im looking for

i had it in both the 5k and 6k so i just removed it frm the k5 and added your id to the ATIRadeonX3000 kext so it hopefuly will init now

I understand this, ATIRadeonX3000 already has 100268C1. So remove 100268C1 from 5000k plist and add it to 6000k plist. Why would you be thinking 5650 loads from 6000k kext and not 5000k kext?

I understand this, ATIRadeonX3000 already has 100268C1. So remove 100268C1 from 5000k plist and add it to 6000k plist. Why would you be thinking 5650 loads from 6000k kext and not 5000k kext?

the cpu generation has more in common with the 6k cards from looking at it i do belive its a respin of a 6k that is down clocked

1002_68C1 6500M/5600M/5700M if it fails to load swap it back to the 5k kext if im correct tho it needs the 6k 5600 and 5700 are actualy 6k chips at a lower clock if i rember right on the ati doc's

the cpu generation has more in common with the 6k cards from looking at it i do belive its a respin of a 6k that is down clocked

1002_68C1 6500M/5600M/5700M if it fails to load swap it back to the 5k kext if im correct tho it needs the 6k 5600 and 5700 are actualy 6k chips at a lower clock if i rember right on the ati doc's

Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=RadeonFramebuffer it loads all kexts, 5000controller included and not 6000controller...the only output that doesn't work is internal screen but it wont hurt to test what you are saying.

Using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig=RadeonFramebuffer it loads all kexts, 5000controller included and not 6000controller...the only output that doesn't work is internal screen but it wont hurt to test what you are saying.

Im thinking osx is thinking your card is a normal card and not mobile so its using the external ports eather that or the internal display port is not being picked up correctly .... maby kext not loading right? or a miss programed frame buffer idk im gona rework the kexts and see if i can get a beter understanding on how it works . willl get back with you today

Im thinking osx is thinking your card is a normal card and not mobile so its using the external ports eather that or the internal display port is not being picked up correctly .... maby kext not loading right? or a miss programed frame buffer idk im gona rework the kexts and see if i can get a beter understanding on how it works . willl get back with you today

even if i force 6000 to try and load nothing doesnt make it to desktop have to VNC in. with GE=No 5000 or 6000 don't load, Just ATISupport and ATIRadeonX3000 kexts.

Test result of Mobility HD 5470 with LinearBurn Beta 2 kexts on 10.6.7. Only GraphicEnabler=Yes works, it recognized the card but no QE/CI:

When GraphicEnabler=No

Only the following Kexts being loaded:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

When GraphicEnabler=Yes

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.62

One interesting observation, when I use the old Lion ATI Kexts with GraphicEnabler=Yes, 4 kexts are being loaded although still no QE/CI:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.52

ATISupport 7.0.52

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.52

ATIRadeonX3000 7.0.52

Hope this help a bit for your debugging...

Use the old Lion kext's and use 10.6.7 MBP 2011 RadeonX3000 files then you should get QE/CI back. The 3000 files inside Lion DP2 do not give you QE/CI inside of 10.6.7.

Use the old Lion kext's and use 10.6.7 MBP 2011 RadeonX3000 files then you should get QE/CI back. The 3000 files inside Lion DP2 do not give you QE/CI inside of 10.6.7

Do you mean replace all 3000 files:

ATIRadeonX3000.kext, ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin, ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle and ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

does any one know of program to list diferances in a file what im wondering is what changed between Lion d1 and d2 3000xkext is it making a dependancy call that is not there? what may be happening is its calling to a newer version of QE in d2 and when its not finding it its disableing it in the frame buffer .... on you mobile gpu i think i might be on to a fix but got to dig a bit more im reading through apples devolper doc for kexts and trying to understand how it init the ports... the just of it from what im understanding is on desktop gpu's it defaults to hdmi/dvi on mobile port 1 is always the internal lvds so what i need to do is find some one with a mac book and pull a list of loaded kexts and maby a dump so i can compare the differance in what is loading and how its int the ports. then i can trick apple in to thinking that its a native supported mgpu ..... alas this is the nature of a beta

Im re doing the files now so will post a set in a bit

does any one know of program to list diferances in a file what im wondering is what changed between Lion d1 and d2 3000xkext is it making a dependancy call that is not there? what may be happening is its calling to a newer version of QE in d2 and when its not finding it its disableing it in the frame buffer .... on you mobile gpu i think i might be on to a fix but got to dig a bit more im reading through apples devolper doc for kexts and trying to understand how it init the ports... the just of it from what im understanding is on desktop gpu's it defaults to hdmi/dvi on mobile port 1 is always the internal lvds so what i need to do is find some one with a mac book and pull a list of loaded kexts and maby a dump so i can compare the differance in what is loading and how its int the ports. then i can trick apple in to thinking that its a native supported mgpu ..... alas this is the nature of a beta

Im re doing the files now so will post a set in a bit

Linear by editing just plist's this will not change the behavior in switching on and off the LVDS (Internal LCD) Port 1 or Port 0 from an activation point of view, I have tried a dual link DSDT fix which should activate either port but this makes no difference so I think your heading in the wrong direction maybe? Also you should not called these kexts native.

Native should mean that it runs without any editing, also just changing the plists does not make them any version number example alpha,beta. They are developer stage to begin with from Lion DP2.

If you were going to try something someone could bin patch BE68 inside 5000 controller to C168 for example and see if things change because BE68 has support, C168 has support but not totally. This was my next goal...i'm on a break in 3 weeks so i will be doing a bit of work to see if i can muck around and get something working.

If you want to create a universal kext you are going the wrong way about it, do not state a percentage of what cards should work or you will upset quite a few people :(

Linear by editing just plist's this will not change the behavior in switching on and off the LVDS (Internal LCD) Port 1 or Port 0 from an activation point of view, I have tried a dual link DSDT fix which should activate either port but this makes no difference so I think your heading in the wrong direction maybe? Also you should not called these kexts native.

Native should mean that it runs without any editing, also just changing the plists does not make them any version number example alpha,beta. They are developer stage to begin with from Lion DP2.

If you were going to try something someone could bin patch BE68 inside 5000 controller to C168 for example and see if things change because BE68 has support, C168 has support but not totally. This was my next goal...i'm on a break in 3 weeks so i will be doing a bit of work to see if i can muck around and get something working.

If you want to create a universal kext you are going the wrong way about it, do not state a percentage of what cards should work or you will upset quite a few people :(

I know..... im looking in to the port detection and how apple does it natively. My goal is to use close to stock as posable kexts (universal) if i start editing the framebuffer personaltys it may break it for some ... what may need to be done is branch it and make a verson for mobile GPU's with a modded framebuffer But im hopeing to get it to work like it does on a stock apple how it detects the ports ... the part that needs bin patched is the framebuffer the personality needs to be changed for mobile gpus so it uses the lvds as primary .... on a desktop gpu its disabled so im gussing that the frame buffer is not correctly detecting that your gpu is a mobile and its loading a desktop profile.. Im digging in the plists and files in the extentions folder and trying to understand there relation to osx and what they do. ill keep you informed on what i figure out I apricate the help m8t.

"Native should mean that it runs without any editing" I consider native is minimal changes to the core. hacking the kext is moded there is lots of bin patched or enablers but i just want to expand the stock Support for hardware in the native ATI kexts adding id's is still native as no changes to the code has been made the it is still runnign the stock files except the plist witch just tells it what hardware to init on.

"do not state a percentage of what cards should work or you will upset quite a few people" It is Beta whitch means i havent got all the bugs worked out some hardware is missing im adding it i only have one ATI card to use so unless there is some weird card thing it should work hence why im asking people to try it and give feedback so i can atempt to fix the problems with it. Beta just means that its not complete but it should be functional if it was final it would not be beta and be working on all cards

Beta 3 Posted QE/CI needs to be verfied fixed. Thanks Atlee

Hey

I changed OpenGL and OpenCL Frameworks with mine

it worked but

I can't login to my mac

it's in a login loop

like this

I need help please

BTW did you repair permissions after using the new framework.

boot off the boot cd like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or somthing it should disable the hardware acceleration then replace the framework with your stock framework that you backed up. The Gl framework is crashing X and its restarting the UI If you didnt back up the framework let me know ill post stock framework

Hey

I changed OpenGL and OpenCL Frameworks with mine

it worked but

I can't login to my mac

it's in a login loop

like this

I need help please

Don't change your frameworks, of course you are in a login loop that's what it does :D remove and return back to old frameworks.

Beta3 cannot download...

Do I need to install the OPEN GL & CL test framework as well?

DiffFork can use to compare files.

no framework is needed

Beta3 cannot download...

Do I need to install the OPEN GL & CL test framework as well?

DiffFork can use to compare files.

Fixed the download link! i acdently still had the ftp:// in front lol my bad

no framework is needed

no framework is needed

Fixed the download link! i acdently still had the ftp:// in front lol my bad

no framework is needed

LinearBurn are you in anyway developer that can create stuff? or are you a pc enthusiast that plays around with files? My understanding it would take a developer of some sort to figure out the issue with lvds problem. Probably someone who knows how the ATI files operate, what links with what etc there are quite a few people on this forum and i think Bcc9 can do this kind of stuff.

BTW did you repair permissions after using the new framework.

boot off the boot cd like [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or somthing it should disable the hardware acceleration then replace the framework with your stock framework that you backed up. The Gl framework is crashing X and its restarting the UI If you didnt back up the framework let me know ill post stock framework

I didn't reapair them and

I haven't stocked :unsure:

Send me them man.

I hope it works.

Test result of Mobility HD 5470 with LinearBurn Beta 2 kexts on 10.6.7. Only GraphicEnabler=Yes works, it recognized the card but no QE/CI:

When GraphicsEnabler=No

Only the following Kexts being loaded:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

When GraphicsEnabler=Yes

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.62

Test result of Mobility HD 5470 with LinearBurn Beta 3 kexts on 10.6.7

When GraphicsEnabler=No

One more Kexts being loaded this time but still cannot recognize the card:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIRadeonX3000 1.6.26

When GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It recognized the card but still no QE/CI (show a white frame in the background instead of water ripple effect, no white frame issue if use 7.0.52 or 7.0.62 of ATIRadeonX3000):

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIRadeonX3000 1.6.26

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.62

I can code, but it was mostly in windows C++ or VB, I have been reading over bcd9 work and see what he was doing thats the place i plan to start pecking, Im trying to apply my linux knoledge to OSX but as i have learned in the past year there is some major differances. I realy hate to have to edit the framebuffers but im thinking if i want hdmi sound on my card and fix lvds im gona have to correct the ports at least for my install. Iv been looking at it it dont look terably complacted just bit swaping and i got all the dumps from my hardware in linux +vbios Gone play with the framebuffer. Port detection on a hackintosh is one reason hdmi audio in not working correctly from what iv read abought hacking hda . but to answer you question most of what i learned a bought apple is reading devolper docs and readign posts on here and other fourms

Test result of Mobility HD 5470 with LinearBurn Beta 3 kexts on 10.6.7

When GraphicsEnabler=No

One more Kexts being loaded this time but still cannot recognize the card:

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIRadeonX3000 1.6.26

When GraphicsEnabler=Yes

It recognized the card but still no QE/CI (show a white frame in the background instead of water ripple effect, no white frame issue if use 7.0.52 or 7.0.62 of ATIRadeonX3000):

ATI5000Controller 7.0.62

ATISupport 7.0.62

ATIRadeonX3000 1.6.26

ATIFamebuffer 7.0.62

Acer 7740G

ATI Mobility RADEON HD 5470 (PARK PRO/XT GL)

512 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM

Hardware ID: 68E0

I have not had any success with getting QE/CI or even the correct resultion to work (I'm stuck with 1024x768).

Is there a speicfic boot file I should be using? I tried different versions, but not sure what I should be using.

I have tried:

Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699.

Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r744 by Kabyl with experimental ATI GraphicsEnabler support.

Results:

GraphicsEnabler=No

Both boot up but no ATI kext is loaded

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

r699 boots up but no ATI kext is loaded and r744 fails to boot

Is it possible to tell me which one you are using for your 5470 or to perhaps include it as an attachement.

Also, how about the com.apple.Boot.plist file. This is what I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Not sure if AtiConfig is right and/or if I am missing something else.

LinearBurn are you in anyway developer that can create stuff? or are you a pc enthusiast that plays around with files? My understanding it would take a developer of some sort to figure out the issue with lvds problem. Probably someone who knows how the ATI files operate, what links with what etc there are quite a few people on this forum and i think Bcc9 can do this kind of stuff.

Im hopeing to just tinker with the files and make it work like apple intended it to with out hacking hard in to the framebuffer I relise that this is a long shot but its a worthy goal. btu if we end up having to make a modded frame buffer im hopeing for a generic that will work .... ( think maby there is dection hard coded in to it) it will all take time. ill find the links to what Bcc9 and some other guy was doing and if you want to try to fix you framebuffer there is instructions

Edit : I posted this before i saw that you already know what is up with the LVDS

Acer 7740G

ATI Mobility RADEON HD 5470 (PARK PRO/XT GL)

512 MBytes of GDDR3 SDRAM

Hardware ID: 68E0

I have not had any success with getting QE/CI or even the correct resultion to work (I'm stuck with 1024x768).

Is there a speicfic boot file I should be using? I tried different versions, but not sure what I should be using.

I have tried:

Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r699.

Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r744 by Kabyl with experimental ATI GraphicsEnabler support.

Results:

GraphicsEnabler=No

Both boot up but no ATI kext is loaded

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

r699 boots up but no ATI kext is loaded and r744 fails to boot

Is it possible to tell me which one you are using for your 5470 or to perhaps include it as an attachement.

Also, how about the com.apple.Boot.plist file. This is what I have:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>AtiConfig</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x900x32</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Not sure if AtiConfig is right and/or if I am missing something else.

Im using Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r750

Im looking in to it im asuming your using the internel display right? or externel?

Btw im trying to be nice but why do i get the feeling your busting my nuts on purpous,