Chameleon v2.1 (Main Trunk)

ErmaC

595 posts in this topic

Hi guys... DarwinX,

that's mostly correct. When kernelcache (system prelinked kernel) is used, kextcache is ignored and since the function that loads system kexts/mkext is the same that loads Extra kexts/mkext, the last are also ignored.

The only solution i see for this, is moving the code that loads Extra kexts/mkext to a separate function. Even then, one must make sure that there isn't already the same kext (or another version of it) already prelinked on the kernelcache, or the one in Extra will be rejected.. the first loaded always wins.

This is assuming i'm not saying some bs :) still testing this stuff on the little time i have now; atm i'm keeping all kexts in S/L/E.

That's not working, at least we need to change kextloading algo. I have tested it: moved extra kext loading into separate func and tryed to load extra extensions together with kernelcache - not go. Only kernelcache kexts was functioning.

@QE_LiTHiUm - I've just tested this for you, using the Chameleon trunk r760 to boot my existing (previously installed) 'Mac OS X Base System' partition. It loaded fine, though I didn't actually run the install as I don't need to. I did load diskutilty which ran fine so I see no reason why it won't do the full installation. But I can only speak for my hardware.

tnx Blackosx :) . i now confirm the new 760 build, loads and installs lion DP2 just fine :D . But something strange happened to me :

I've a 500 GB H.D.D for my OSs and i installed SL on my first partition, Lion on second and windows 7 on third. ( I have only 3 partitions on this Hard drive. )

So I just installed Chameleon on my SL, and When I force it to load the dsdt file, the SL works fine and smooth, but in the lion installer or even in my installed Lion i get HPET error. Does this mean that Lion has a problem with my DSDT ? if so, why does when I disable my forcly injected dsdt from booting with chameleon, in my lion, i get the right specs working ? like my processor's type and frequency and my RAM amount and frequency are all showing exactly what i've got, and not something else ? ( Like when i was using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or XPC ??!!! )

( Sry for my english, i tried to explain as good as i can, but unfortunately i'm not a native speaker. )

tnx Blackosx :) . i now confirm the new 760 build, loads and installs lion DP2 just fine :D . But something strange happened to me :

I've a 500 GB H.D.D for my OSs and i installed SL on my first partition, Lion on second and windows 7 on third. ( I have only 3 partitions on this Hard drive. )

So I just installed Chameleon on my SL, and When I force it to load the dsdt file, the SL works fine and smooth, but in the lion installer or even in my installed Lion i get HPET error. Does this mean that Lion has a problem with my DSDT ? if so, why does when I disable my forcly injected dsdt from booting with chameleon, in my lion, i get the right specs working ? like my processor's type and frequency and my RAM amount and frequency are all showing exactly what i've got, and not something else ? ( Like when i was using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or XPC ??!!! )

( Sry for my english, i tried to explain as good as i can, but unfortunately i'm not a native speaker. )

I believe that those values are actually detected by the Chameleon rather than the DSDT. Also, what's in your smbios.plist?

Thank you, Andy,

I've just put your version on the "#1"- drive here :)

Well...I'll have to give up trying to use FreeBSD alongside Linuxes and OS X...

As it is the only OS i try to boot from GPT + UFS and Chameleon and I always fail at that ;)

OK last one from me for now.. http://www.mediafire.com/?b8ion36rp3e0s4z

Based on 760 trunk with Sandy Bridge support and latest ATi code etc.

It's getting difficult keeping up with the latest branches and trunk updates!!

Whit this one I lost my audio (ALC892).

y  8 12:50:54 MacBook-Pro-di-Mr-Mojo-Risin kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 399 goto Exit
May  8 12:50:54 MacBook-Pro-di-Mr-Mojo-Risin kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 317 goto Exit

Currently using an EFI injection for this in c.a.b.p.

Whit this one I lost my audio (ALC892).

y  8 12:50:54 MacBook-Pro-di-Mr-Mojo-Risin kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 399 goto Exit
May  8 12:50:54 MacBook-Pro-di-Mr-Mojo-Risin kernel[0]: Sound assertion "!fProvider->open ( this )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDAController/AppleHDAController.cpp" at line 317 goto Exit

Currently using an EFI injection for this in c.a.b.p.

Interesting, I use a P8P67 Pro which uses the same ALC892 audio and mines still working! :D

I believe that those values are actually detected by the Chameleon rather than the DSDT. Also, what's in your smbios.plist?

tnx for the reply. if you mean the one in my /Extra folder here it is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac11,3</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F2238BAE</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>W80365G6DB6</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

and also here is a picture from Lion :

210wrac.png

I hope I'm not being redundant, but all things considered, to simplify the process, why not just do away with the /Extra/Extensions directory altogether, at least for now?

Well, the main purpose of the Extra folder, is to keep "patched" kexts (e.g. AppleHDA.kext) protected from system updates; if one doesn't use any patched kexts and all the the needed kexts load properly from S/L/E, there's no need to keep kexts on Extra. On the other hand, we need a dir to keep configuration files and some kexts can be problematic when loaded from S/L/E so, Extra is still useful.

Personally, i don't intent to ditch it!.. even if i don't use it to keep kexts.

That's not working, at least we need to change kextloading algo. I have tested it: moved extra kext loading into separate func and tryed to load extra extensions together with kernelcache - not go. Only kernelcache kexts was functioning.

Yeah, you're right Mozo. It looks like the kernel only loads prelinked kexts; i suspected but didn't had time to check it till now.

I noticed that you were looking at this ( extern long LoadExtraDrivers(char * dirSpec); ) ;)

tnx for the reply. if you mean the one in my /Extra folder here it is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
 <key>SMfamily</key>
 <string>iMac</string>
 <key>SMproductname</key>
 <string>iMac11,3</string>
 <key>SMboardproduct</key>
 <string>Mac-F2238BAE</string>
 <key>SMserial</key>
 <string>W80365G6DB6</string>
 <key>SMbiosversion</key>
 <string>[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Well, everything appears to be in order then, what's the trouble?

I've another question :

I haven't got much data plan left on my internet. and i want to ask one of friends to bring me his Lion update ( Both of them ) to me. But we can not find where it is downloaded on the Lion partition.

Can anyone please tell me the location of the file being saved on hard drives ? ( we checked /Library/Updates and it was not there. )

OK last one from me for now.. http://www.mediafire.com/?b8ion36rp3e0s4z

Based on 760 trunk with Sandy Bridge support and latest ATi code etc.

It's getting difficult keeping up with the latest branches and trunk updates!!

In #1 post found in BootHelp.txt that can load custom acpi tables. None booter from here can load any custom acpi table except DSDT for me. Before used AnVal 5.1.4 loading with no problem my acpi tables. What wrong i do? (#205 for attachments)

Well, the main purpose of the Extra folder, is to keep "patched" kexts (e.g. AppleHDA.kext) protected from system updates; if one doesn't use any patched kexts and all the the needed kexts load properly from S/L/E, there's no need to keep kexts on Extra. On the other hand, we need a dir to keep configuration files and some kexts can be problematic when loaded from S/L/E so, Extra is still useful.

Personally, i don't intent to ditch it!.. even if i don't use it to keep kexts.

Yeah, you're right Mozo. It looks like the kernel only loads prelinked kexts; i suspected but didn't had time to check it till now.

I noticed that you were looking at this ;)

Is there no way to include the /Extra/Extensions kexts within the kernelcache without having to relocate them to the /System/Library/Extensions directory?

Well, everything appears to be in order then, what's the trouble?

the problem is when i try to force the chameleon to use my DSDT, i get HPET kernel panic both on Lion Installer and Lion preinstalled partitions. But when i disable this forced DSDT injection, i can boot both and install lion without any problem. my Question is does Chameleon use my DSDT at all ? because everything seems to be working in Lion. and if DSDT is not loading how does Lion detects the exact frequency and amount of my RAM and also my CPU, where [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ( till ver 1.7) and XPC (till ver 80.50) where not able to detect my RAM and CPU well.

And my SL works fine and even better with the injected DSDT.

and also tnx for your quick reply.

the problem is when i try to force the chameleon to use my DSDT, i get HPET kernel panic both on Lion Installer and Lion preinstalled partitions. But when i disable this forced DSDT injection, i can boot both and install lion without any problem. my Question is does Chameleon use my DSDT at all ? because everything seems to be working in Lion. and if DSDT is not loading how does Lion detects the exact frequency and amount of my RAM and also my CPU, where [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ( till ver 1.7) and XPC (till ver 80.50) where not able to detect my RAM and CPU well.

And my SL works fine and even better with the injected DSDT.

and also tnx for your quick reply.

What do you mean exactly by "i try to force the chameleon to use my DSDT"? If your DSDT.aml is in the root or /Extra directory of your partition, the Chameleon 2 RC5 loads it automatically and also detects and provides the RAM and CPU values to the system. Your kernel panic is more likely caused by the absence of the DSDT.aml at boot rather than by its presence.

What do you mean exactly by "i try to force the chameleon to use my DSDT"? If your DSDT.aml is in the root or /Extra directory of your partition, the Chameleon 2 RC5 loads it automatically and also detects and provides the RAM and CPU values to the system. Your kernel panic is more likely caused by the absence of the DSDT.aml at boot rather than by its presence.

sry for bothering you.

I know that when chameleon boots, if there is a DSDT present in the /Extra folder, it loads the DSDT. But if so, then what is this option :

bf0uoi.png

When i enable this option, then SL works fine, but Lion gives me HPET KP. but when i disable this, i'm able to load Lion. ( I have a working DSDT.aml in my /Extra folder )

sry for being a newbie. I'm kinda new to hackintosh. ( I hardly try not to be. ;) )

sry for bothering you.

I know that when chameleon boots, if there is a DSDT present in the /Extra folder, it boots the DSDT. But if so, then what is this option :

When i enable this option, then SL works fine, but Lion gives me HPET KP. but when i disable this, i'm able to load Lion.

sry for being a newbie. I'm kinda new to hackintosh. ( I hardly try not to be. ;) )

It's no bother. That CABP option is for loading the DSDT.aml from an alternate location. It simply writes:

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

or any other path to the com.apple.Boot.plist. Delete it from the CABP as you don't need it.

How about a (soon to be needed) bootable CD ? :D

Has anyone been able to successfully boot Lion DP2 from its DVD and install from it ?

I made a boot132 disc, with Boot CD Maker, replacing its "boot" and "cdboot" files

with latest trunk r756 :unsure:

Well, I tried it at least - just some minutes ago, but no boot flag will make it,

after the ram disk gets loaded and one sees the kernel line, it would just kernel panic every time...

The message is the well known "Can't perform kext summary" or similar.

The boot flags "UseKernelCache=Yes" and "-f", either in 32-bit and 64-bit did not do the trick :)

Does anyone have any update on this issue ? Thanx.

Cheers

How about a (soon to be needed) bootable CD ? :D

Has anyone been able to successfully boot Lion DP2 from its DVD and install from it ?

I made a boot132 disc, with Boot CD Maker, replacing its "boot" and "cdboot" files

with latest trunk r756 :unsure:

Well, I tried it at least - just some minutes ago, but no boot flag will make it,

after the ram disk gets loaded and one sees the kernel line, it would just kernel panic every time...

The message is the well known "Can't perform kext summary" or similar.

The boot flags "UseKernelCache=Yes" and "-f", either in 32-bit and 64-bit did not do the trick :)

Does anyone have any update on this issue ? Thanx.

Cheers

You wont be able to use the kernelcache if booting from cd so dont even try that - additionally your bootcd would need the lion kernel on it along with a preboot.dmg relevant to your motherboard and hardware.

You wont be able to use the kernelcache if booting from cd so dont even try that - additionally your bootcd would need the lion kernel on it along with a preboot.dmg relevant to your motherboard and hardware.

Thanks for the info, Andy.

Well the kernel was actually the only missing part, because I normally do not need

to put any kernel on the boot132-cd, using Mac DVD's vanilla one ;)

Would that mean that putting a lion-kernel would make the Lion DP2-DVD load to the isntaller ?

Hm, all this mess cause of the "kext summary"...

Otherwise - I don't know if you saw my feedback about booting FreeBSD,

but I would like to ask you - Were you able to boot it on GPT with your booter's version ?

Because I tested your version, but ended up in same result (again) - UFS not visible...

Thanx & Cheers

Thanks for the info, Andy.

Well the kernel was actually the only missing part, because I normally do not need

to put any kernel on the boot132-cd, using Mac DVD's vanilla one ;)

Would that mean that putting a lion-kernel would make the Lion DP2-DVD load to the isntaller ?

Hm, all this mess cause of the "kext summary"...

Otherwise - I don't know if you saw my feedback about booting FreeBSD,

but I would like to ask you - Were you able to boot it on GPT with your booter's version ?

Because I tested your version, but ended up in same result (again) - UFS not visible...

Thanx & Cheers

Unfortunately FreeBSD and OpenBSD support are among many of the features that I simply can't test (I can only test with the kit I have) so just hoped they would work.

Regarding loading the installer from a boot cd it should be possible. I've not actually tried it however I can boot the installer from a seperate usb drive with the bootloader on it and have built several boot cd's that load the snow leopard retail installer just fine so as far as I know it shouldn't be a problem