<string>0x05911106 0x31491106 0x00e310de 0x005410de 0x005510de</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>

<string>1000</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOPCIDevice</string>

<key>Serial ATA</key>

<true/>

</dict>

thanks, I finally found it on my own in the forums, I came up with the same numbers you did, and its working now... the last thing is getting USB working and I'm golden... I'll look for 10.4.7 update and try your method... thanks for all of your help.

Hi two !

Thanks for sharing tour knownledge.

I've also enabled sata via AppleVIAATA but this also speed up my ata drive.

huh? I made an XBench run before and after editing AppleVIAATA and

it had no impact on my ATA-harddisc scores. Maybe it's too old to change anything.

I'll should try another one :pirate2:

I tweak deviceid in plist to make both work.

I will post my plist later when i will be back at home.

Thanks for your plist :happymac:

Does your system work well ? I mean does it display fast. Beacause mine works quite well but graphical operation are damn slow !

Launching app is fast but selection in Finder for example takes 1s

yes my system works well 'till now. Only dvd player doesn't start.

Did you try to edit anything on the 9600 drivers? This could be the problem, i suppose.

Is you mobo is asrock 775 dual VSTA? the one with both agp and pci express ?

yo we're talking about the same baby! :pirate2: I use BIOS V1.5 for my motherboard, because it has

faster timings with DDR(1) RAM than BIOS V1.7

If so could you tell me please what have you done to have fast graphics.?

well i did nothing special. I just installed the MacVidia Driver.

Anyway, with or without the driver i never had the problem you described.

cheers,

thomas

huh? I made an XBench run before and after editing AppleVIAATA and

it had no impact on my ATA-harddisc scores. Maybe it's too old to change anything.

I'll should try another one :pirate2:

Well before plist edit my data transfer rate was near 1M/s now it's 10-12M/s on my quite old ATA drive

well i did nothing special. I just installed the MacVidia Driver.

Anyway, with or without the driver i never had the problem you described.

Lucky guy, i've to try 10.4.6 to see if there is differences !

See you

Mathias

Well before plist edit my data transfer rate was near 1M/s now it's 10-12M/s on my quite old ATA drive

ok ,that's quite different

my Sequential Uncached Write is at 12,7 MB/s (4k blocks) (ATA 30GB HDD 5400 rpm) with

or without an edited AppleVIAATA.

And the viarhine doesnt't work as well on your system? Any messages on the Console.app?

Is your System working with SSE3 Patch?

Im sorry, i dunno the 10.4.7 install DVD so i haven't any clue :P

greez,

thomas

And the viarhine doesnt't work as well on your system? Any messages on the Console.app?

Nope viarhine make macosx hang with no special messages. i can see log telling that is doing some init stuff but everything freeze after 5 seconds. i even try to recompile from source but with no more success

I've also a 3 com that is known to work that kill every app when i plug network cable. Before everything is ok 3com kext is loaded but if i plug cable. Bang !

Very strange

Is your System working with SSE3 Patch?

Hum not sure i've checked this one during install since my pentium D805 has SSE3 but i will give it a try.

Im sorry, i dunno the 10.4.7 install DVD so i haven't any clue :P

No probs.

regards

Mathias

Yes, it's a "special" version, 10.4.7 JAS update via torrent.

here's the direct link for the .dmg file

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Development...(Intel)-log.dmg

hope this helps

cheers,

thomas

You rock! 10.4.7 patch with the USB package did the trick, now USB is working great, it even sees my HP LJ1200 now

I'm finally done, all of the hardware is working well now... Thanks!

Here's my stats now, wish I could get the hard drive access faster but it's not that bad...

Results 124.35

System Info

Xbench Version 1.3

System Version 10.4.7 (8J2135)

Physical RAM 2048 MB

Model ADP2,1

Drive Type WDC WD800JB-00CRA1

CPU Test 91.93

GCD Loop 219.76 11.58 Mops/sec

Floating Point Basic 105.15 2.50 Gflop/sec

vecLib FFT 66.40 2.19 Gflop/sec

Floating Point Library 69.49 12.10 Mops/sec

Thread Test 185.04

Computation 168.43 3.41 Mops/sec, 4 threads

Lock Contention 205.28 8.83 Mlocks/sec, 4 threads

Memory Test 127.49

System 127.16

Allocate 98.04 360.03 Kalloc/sec

Fill 146.97 7146.02 MB/sec

Copy 151.80 3135.28 MB/sec

Stream 127.81

Copy 120.74 2493.78 MB/sec

Scale 118.89 2456.22 MB/sec

Add 137.77 2934.70 MB/sec

Triad 136.17 2912.96 MB/sec

Quartz Graphics Test 97.48

Line 83.53 5.56 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 91.62 27.35 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 87.91 7.17 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 104.86 2.64 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 133.44 8.35 Kchars/sec

User Interface Test 210.07

Elements 210.07 964.10 refresh/sec

Disk Test 26.27

Sequential 23.78

Uncached Write 20.91 12.84 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 22.04 12.47 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 30.35 8.88 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 23.79 11.96 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 29.34

Uncached Write 12.56 1.33 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 38.62 12.36 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 86.91 0.62 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 51.79 9.61 MB/sec [256K blocks]

You rock! 10.4.7 patch with the USB package did the trick, now USB is working great, it even sees my HP LJ1200 now

I'm finally done, all of the hardware is working well now... Thanks!

You're welcome :hysterical:

Congrats for your working system!

Could you please give some information about your hardware?

And how did you install (with SSE2 or SSE3, VIA Patch) 10.4.6?

Can you play DVD's?

Thanks,

thomas

You're welcome :D

Congrats for your working system!

Could you please give some information about your hardware?

And how did you install (with SSE2 or SSE3, VIA Patch) 10.4.6?

Can you play DVD's?

Thanks,

thomas

Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA

E6300 CORE 2 DUO CPU

2 1GB STICKS OF OCZ DDR2 RAM

Nvidia Geforce 6800 Video card

Pioneer DVD Dual-layer burner

1 320 gb SATA drive

1 80 gb PATA drive

I started with a 10.4.6 install DVD, didn't choose SSE3 because it doesn't work with this mb / cpu combo, at least with 1.70 BIOS (you get the instant reboot before graphics even kick in)

I don't think DVD playback works, might be a limitation of the MacVidia driver, on their site they say the driver is still "missing" things, like Open GL support for example.

Regards,

Craig

Have a look at post 50 (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=25533&view=findpost&p=184418) it's explain there.

Just add the id in the plist and it sould work

Speaking of SATA, now that my Mac OS can "see" my SATA drive, what would be the best way to get my install onto that drive (since it's a much faster drive than my PATA drive.) I'm assuming my options are to either clone from my PATA drive to my SATA drive, or somehow boot off the install DVD, run some kind of terminal commands to get the AppleVIAATA.kext edited and loaded (if this is possible) and just install again...

Thoughts?

Speaking of SATA, now that my Mac OS can "see" my SATA drive, what would be the best way to get my install onto that drive (since it's a much faster drive than my PATA drive.) I'm assuming my options are to either clone from my PATA drive to my SATA drive, or somehow boot off the install DVD, run some kind of terminal commands to get the AppleVIAATA.kext edited and loaded (if this is possible) and just install again...

Thoughts?

Yes, i was also thinking about something like that.

I haven't tried yet since i got perfermance issues to fix before but once done, i will try to boot on jas install dvd and use disk util to make an image of the osx installed on the ATA then expand it to the SATA.

It migth be a long process but it should work.

My :(

Math

Thank for your help but when I am trying to install JaS 10.4.6 straight from the

DVD the disk utility did not recognize my SATA hard drive. The controller may never work like this but I need the disk utility from the installation to recognize my drive.

Thanks

Hum ya i forget that DVD do not has SATA support. :compress:

I'have read somewhere in the forum a tips to build a custom dvd with good drivers.

The solution should be there

Good luck

Mathias

This mobo has been giving me hell personaly! Ive managed to get it installed on vmware but native isnt working for me ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=27588 ) Which iso are people actualy geting to work? And does anyone have it running dual core yet? What about peoples firmwares?

All imput will be great thanks!

it does work in Native mode, but you have to "Enable" (this is confusing) the blocking of Extended Features flags in the CPU section of the BIOS, Once you do that, you will be able to boot of the DVD. See my previous posts in

this thread.

Hum ya i forget that DVD do not has SATA support. :P

I'have read somewhere in the forum a tips to build a custom dvd with good drivers.

The solution should be there

Good luck

Mathias

I FINALLY got my install running off of my SATA drive, ended up cloning from PATA to SATA using Acronis, and installing their Boot Selector. My hard drive numbers and overall speed are MUCH better: <see attachment>

...now if I could get QE, GL and CI working on my Nvidia 6800, I'd be ready to rock

onSATA.txt

I FINALLY got my install running off of my SATA drive, ended up cloning from PATA to SATA using Acronis, and installing their Boot Selector. My hard drive numbers and overall speed are MUCH better: <see attachment>

...now if I could get QE, GL and CI working on my Nvidia 6800, I'd be ready to rock

Wow nice score.

You score more than 200 for interface where i score 7 !!!

I can't help you for nvidia card got an ati !

Good luck for QE/CI/GL !

Mathias

it does work in Native mode, but you have to "Enable" (this is confusing) the blocking of Extended Features flags in the CPU section of the BIOS, Once you do that, you will be able to boot of the DVD. See my previous posts in

this thread.

Yeah i got that far however im getting other problems, which version are you using to install? Do you have it working well with both core's now?

Yeah i got that far however im getting other problems, which version are you using to install? Do you have it working well with both core's now?

I started with Jas 10.4.6, did A LOT of hacking on my kext files to get sound, USB, SATA and Network working.

Then ran Jas 10.4.7 update.

Good question, how do I verify if both cores are working? I think they are... <see attachment>

Stats.html

I started with Jas 10.4.6, did A LOT of hacking on my kext files to get sound, USB, SATA and Network working.

Then ran Jas 10.4.7 update.

Good question, how do I verify if both cores are working? I think they are... <see attachment>

Well that looks like you have both cores working! (i think) when i got mine working in vmware and looked under the specs it said i have 1 core. Ive gone out and bought some dvds must have 4 of the latest iso's on my computer ill burn and have a play about. :D

You have a very similar setup to me so hopefully i can get it going, however no dvd is realy {censored} should have picked up an ati card!!! grrr Hope someone can get a nvidia driver out soon! ill let you know how i get on!

Well that looks like you have both cores working! (i think) when i got mine working in vmware and looked under the specs it said i have 1 core. Ive gone out and bought some dvds must have 4 of the latest iso's on my computer ill burn and have a play about. :D

You have a very similar setup to me so hopefully i can get it going, however no dvd is realy {censored} should have picked up an ati card!!! grrr Hope someone can get a nvidia driver out soon! ill let you know how i get on!

I'm going to want a new video card soon, trying to hold out for a Direct X 10 based card. My current card is AGP and sooner or later I have to move to PCI - Express, so I can get off of the VIA chipset. Hopefully by then there will be cards that work well in OSX86.

I FINALLY got my install running off of my SATA drive, ended up cloning from PATA to SATA using Acronis, and installing their Boot Selector.

Many thanks scope 666 for acronis tips !

I did the same yesterday and macosx is really faster.

Still have some boot hang sometime and even crash just after login panel, but once boot ok it rock !

About video cards how do know that the model you want to buy is compatible with asrock pci e port. It look like there supported list is not really up to date !

Mathias

Many thanks scope 666 for acronis tips !

I did the same yesterday and macosx is really faster.

Still have some boot hang sometime and even crash just after login panel, but once boot ok it rock !

About video cards how do know that the model you want to buy is compatible with asrock pci e port. It look like there supported list is not really up to date !

Mathias

I don't plan on running pci-e on this board, when the DX10 cards come out, I plan on buying one then along with a new motherboard. For now it's good old AGP 8x (Geforce 6800)

If I really wanted to "live" in OS X I would probably get the Asrock Conroe945G-DVI board, as the onboard 950

is fully supported (qe, gl, etc)

Glad to hear my Acronis trick worked out for ya... :-)