App Store Error: No GUID is available

68 posts in this topic

I have Mac OS X Lion Developer Preview 2 installed.

When opening the App Store and attempting to Sign In through the Store menu, the system responds with the message "No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance." in red font.

Can anyone help me with this issue, please? I'll really appreciate it :)

Screen shot enclosed.

post-561653-1302407461_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I had this problem as well,

getting "no guid is available contact support for assistance" when i try to sign in.

Solution:

remove the file

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

then reboot.

When opening the App Store and attempting to Sign In through the Store menu, the system responds with the message "No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance." in red font.

This seems to be a network problem. I had to networks cards installed, one on board and the second one as a pci card.

The onboard network controller was assigned on en1, the pci card on en0. In fact I used the onboard controller on en1 as it support a 1000baseT connection. To solve this I

1. Plugged of the pci network card

2. Restart

3. I deleted the interfaces in System Preferences

4. I deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist in /System/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

5. Restart

6. Add the onboard controller as en0

7. Voilà: AppStore works

As I don't need the pci network controller (was for mere installation necessities as the onboard controller needs special kext driver) I didn't reinstall the card but I guess it's save to do it as it would be configured on en1 now.

EDIT:

Oh, for some reason it worked this time! I'm able to have access to the app store now. I swore I've tried it every which way... deleting the networkinterface.plist, removing interfaces from sys preferences, etc.

This means I've finally got a full working install of Lion, w00h00!

-Stell

• 1 month later...

Thanks Paulo, fixed it for me too :(

EDIT: Been playing and although it fixes the App Store, it stops my 2nd monitor from working and graphics seem very "glitchy" when moving the mouse cursor quickly (Noticed most in App Store).

None of the solutions above worked for me...

if none of them work for you, try this. This solution worked for me.

I went into my com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/

and added this key

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Then I deleted my network interfaces in Network System Prefs,

THEN deleted my .plist file in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

THEN i rebooted. and when I came back to LION I went into System Prefs / Networking and clicked the (+) and added my card.

what was different this time was it added "Ethernet" as "Ethernet" where before it was adding it at "Ethernet Device (en0)"

So i knew something had changed... sure enough, i run app store and BOOM! connected and able to download and purchase software.

Thanks Paulo & ZURIE... your fixed work for me too ;)

And just a quick note for all of you who are struggling too, I initially after the update did all that deleting the Network Interfaces in Network Prefs/deleted the NetworkPreferences.plist stuff & rebooting & then re-added the Network Interfaces stuff but none of it worked ! So then I tried what Paulo said of just adding EthernetBuiltIn to my com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/ & it worked straightaway !!

BUT as an afterthought, I then decided to restore a backup that I had made just BEFORE updating to 10.6.8, and again ran the update & when that was all finished I just made the changes to com.apple.Boot.plist WITHOUT having to do ANY of that deleting Network Interfaces/NetworkPreferences.plist stuff, and it worked straightaway !!

So for me & hopefully others, I proved that you just have to make the changes to the Boot.plist and the AppStore should work again !!

:P

am I the only one missing the fact that "I" said to add EthernetBuiltIn to com.apple.boot.plist ... not paulo?? lol... but your welcome anyway... he said to add a EFI string which didn't work for me... ;)

Sorry Grand Moff Zurie... you & Paulo restored the AppStore for those who needed it. May word of your work & your legends flow through time... or until the next update wink_anim.gif Remember... there's no "I" in "TEAM" !! And yes, I'm a cheeky ****er !! Cheers :)

Listen, I know that we started out as foe. But after that courageous act that you showed me against the one they call "The App Store", maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.

I would follow you into the mists of "LION" if that's what you mean.

[scene & cue the background music from the B&W "The Lone Ranger" or the music from the original B&W "Flash Gordon"...]

"And as our trusty friends ride off into the distance having temporarily crushed the Forces of Darkness, the Emperor Jobs is cunningly working on his next dastardly plan of global domination... what will it be ? Who knows... but remember Kids... same time, same channel next week on "Butch Casserole & The Flim-Flam Kid"" :wacko:

Thanks Paulo & ZURIE... your fixed work for me too :)

And just a quick note for all of you who are struggling too, I initially after the update did all that deleting the Network Interfaces in Network Prefs/deleted the NetworkPreferences.plist stuff & rebooting & then re-added the Network Interfaces stuff but none of it worked ! So then I tried what Paulo said of just adding EthernetBuiltIn to my com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra/ & it worked straightaway !!

BUT as an afterthought, I then decided to restore a backup that I had made just BEFORE updating to 10.6.8, and again ran the update & when that was all finished I just made the changes to com.apple.Boot.plist WITHOUT having to do ANY of that deleting Network Interfaces/NetworkPreferences.plist stuff, and it worked straightaway !!

So for me & hopefully others, I proved that you just have to make the changes to the Boot.plist and the AppStore should work again !!

:)

Damn i updated to 10.6.8 and im having the same no GUID available error when trying to log into the App Store... i really thought this option was going to help me (i did tried the other options like deleting de net adapter and deleting the net cache file and rebooting) but after adding the EthernetBuiltIn key in my com.apple.Boot.plist (in my case located at /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist) it still gives me that no GUID available error... :'( anyone else has bumped with this one???

10.6.8 tried everything you guys said in this topic. Removed the networkinterface.plist, added the extra info into my boot.plist, removed every network interface in the configuration-panel. Still the same error. I use a Ralink Wireless PCI card (RT2860) with the Ralink application which adds a Ethernet (eth0) in the network-settings when I click on the +.

Maybe Apple does this on purpose to block Hackintosh users? Hope someone knows how to fix this though.

Ok, deleted everything again and copied the boot.plist to the EXTRA folder. Still doesn't work.

This is my com.apple.Boot.plist file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>Quiet Boot</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

<key>device-properties</key>

<string>4b00000001000000010000003f0000000100000002010c00d041030a0100000001010600011c0101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>

</dict>

</plist>

It's the same in both my EXTRA folder and the Systemlibrary. Device properties is the stuff that was added when I used EFI Studio to add my Ethernet Device.