But my laptop didn't like the easy way so I've been reading dozens of topic and following dozens of guide.
In the end I succeeded!
I think this solution is nearly perfect. There's still something that can be fixed, but we have to work together.
Here's how i got it (If you find an easier way or if you think I've done something not useful, just share it)
BE SURE TO BE ABLE TO VNC IN YOUR LAPTOP!!!
- Start from a clean 10.6.3
- Get your card bios as shown here http://www.projectos...?showtopic=1029 (you must be in 32 bit mode to use this tool)
- Rename the dumped bios 1002_68c1.rom annd put it in your Extra folder
- Comboupdate to 10.6.6 in safe mode (-x)
- Before reboot install Lion's ATI5000, ATISupport and ATIFramebuffer (they are here on the forum) using KextHelper
- Overwrite your boot file with the one attached here that I compiled from Kabyl's source to make it work with 5650s
- Reboot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=READ BELOW
If you get corrupted screen VNC into your laptop and try to change resolution. I couldn't find 1366x768 so installed Switchresx to get it.
STRANGE THING:If you attach an external monitor you get only a mirrored screen and System Profiler will report only a monitor attached.
So if you choose this way reboot with: GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Hoolock
Again if you get corrupted screen VNC into your laptop and try to change resolution. I couldn't find 1366x768 so installed Switchresx to get it.
STRANGE THING:System profiler will report always 2 monitor attached even if you got no external monitor attached (and you can see it by looking at your laptop from VNC). OSX will behave like if you have an external monitor (you can drag windows etc..)
So if you choose this way reboot with: GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Vervet
I hope it's all clear.... And let's try altogether to solve the STRANGE THINGS
EDIT: I wanna thank hjs89 for suggesting Lion's kexts and for instructing me about recompiling Kabyl's boot.
boot.zip 193.09KB 1945 downloads