• Please log in to reply
784 replies to this topic

sensey

sensey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem as bretticus and Nur710As. I use 10.9 on X48, Q6600, 6Gb RAM, ATI6970.
Determined that the system freezes when opening JPG in programs such as "View", Aperture, IPhoto, etc. But correctly opens in Google Picasa!

Without AMDRadeonX3000.kext system works correctly, but without hardware acceleration.

Please help!

I'm sorry for my english

dmrkillah

dmrkillah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Got the same problem with freezes, anyone tried with OS X 10.9.1?

tucano2000

tucano2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've patched the 10.9 GM AMDRadeonX3000, based on the patches provided from andybe.

This is what i've done:

1) Enter "single-user" mode, move AMDRadeonX3000.kext to a safe location and delete the kernel cache (or boot with -f).

2) Boot to desktop and copy the patched AMDRadeonX3000.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/.

3) Rebuild the kextcache.

4) Download FBRotate and add it to your User's Start Items.

5) Check with Disk Utility to make sure your drive has the correct system permissions.

6) Reboot.

Note: Coldboot bug might still be present.

I'm running this off a single HD6950, using just GraphicsEnabler=Yes (no DSDT injections). Same bugs as always though: no OpenCL, MSAA bugs etc.

Are you using others AMD* / ATI* kexts and files in /System/Library/Extensions ?

Bondik

Bondik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

I have the same problem as bretticus and Nur710As. I use 10.9 on X48, Q6600, 6Gb RAM, ATI6970.
Determined that the system freezes when opening JPG in programs such as "View", Aperture, IPhoto, etc. But correctly opens in Google Picasa!

Without AMDRadeonX3000.kext system works correctly, but without hardware acceleration.

Please help!

I'm sorry for my english

Have same problem, please help!

dmrkillah

dmrkillah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

kext worked (same problem with crashes though) in 10.9.1, not working in 10.9.2 - is someone willing to patch it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy