• Please log in to reply
785 replies to this topic

jpa

jpa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

I have 2 6870's in my hackintosh, one is a Sapphire 6870 and the other is an OEM one that I got off of ebay.

I will upload the kexts when I get home this evening (I will extract them straight from the dvd again rather than from my extensions folder).

Is http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102909 your card??

upload files works 100% your files and files dvd

install method please... step for step

thanks

bmas

bmas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Is there anything new about 10.6.7 release date..?
I think when the update come .. we`ll have everything new from the OS and Drivers from MBP2011..

Guest: ^Andy^_*

• Guests

Is there anything new about 10.6.7 release date..?
I think when the update come .. we`ll have everything new from the OS and Drivers from MBP2011..

Files as promised - I will explain how I installed in a moment..

1 - Kexts ATI Kexts from 2011 MBP Install DVD

2 - OpenGL Framework (probably not needed) OpenGL framework from 2011 MBP Install DVD

3 - Sandybridge friendly Mach_Kernel (only req'd if you have a new i5 or i7) Sandy Bridge friendly Kernel

And here is how I installed it all. I did NOT use kext helper, I did it all manually using a second install of OS X - you can probably use the shell if you boot using -s if you don't have a second partition to boot from.

Firstly I deleted ALL of the existing ATI kext and ATI bundle files from /System/Library/Extensions. I then copied the new ones into place. I also copied across the opengl framework to System/Library/Frameworks and deleted everything in the /System/Library/Caches folder. I then booted with -s and once at the terminal did the following

mount -uw / 
	cd /System/Library/Extensions
	chown -R 0:0 ATI*
	chmod -R 755 ATI*
	reboot

I then booted using my bootable usb stick and used diskutility to repair disk permissions - once complete I rebooted specifying GraphicsEnabler=no as a kernel flag and once at the desktop with everything working I edited my com.apple.boot.plist to remove any reference to the GraphicsEnabler. That was that, job done!

If anybody finds the files and my instructions useful and can provide a better home to host them then I would be grateful. They are currently on the end of an adsl line so the downloads will be slow.

Good Luck!

nissefar

nissefar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey,

I've tried helping a friend setting up his 6850. I've tried the new MBP and Lion kexts.

When booted the screen is just light blue, no cursor.

HOWEVER, I can connect to it with Remote Management, and run 3d apps with full acceleration, I can change the resolution to whatever I want, it recognizes 1024mb ram in System Profiler and so on.

After some time (5-10mins), seems random, suddenly the monitor will go from blue to showing the desktop. So suddenly it will work fine like nothing is wrong.

Anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks

• Guests

Hey,

I've tried helping a friend setting up his 6850. I've tried the new MBP and Lion kexts.

When booted the screen is just light blue, no cursor.

HOWEVER, I can connect to it with Remote Management, and run 3d apps with full acceleration, I can change the resolution to whatever I want, it recognizes 1024mb ram in System Profiler and so on.

After some time (5-10mins), seems random, suddenly the monitor will go from blue to showing the desktop. So suddenly it will work fine like nothing is wrong.

Anyone know what would cause this?

Thanks

I had the same problem over too many days to mention, I would either get a bluescreen or a white screen with a mouse pointer but no desktop. Only using my files and method above did I manage to get everything working.

bbeepp

bbeepp

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

btw.... jpa.... Please change your avatar! It's awful and scary :thumbsup_anim:

• Guests
I've updated my post and changed the links to rapidshare (you guys were killing my adsl line). Appologies to anybody who's download got cut short :thumbsup_anim: however if you use the new links it will be much faster than my poor old adsl line could provide.

radov4n

radov4n

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Anyone got this to work with 6970? If so which brand?
Still trying to get Gigabyte 6970 to work :(
Thanks.

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Okay ^Andy^ I'm giving it one more shot with your kexts and directions. Thankfully adding in another 250GB drive to my system allows me to use MacDrive 8 to move files around instead of using the miserable USB Thumbdrive to install updates like last time (so slow). I'll report my results later tonight. Thanks for giving me another hope to get this running on my system.

rominator

rominator

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I am very glad that the discovery of the bad kext(s) moved things forward for the 6850/70 crowd, I'm afraid that my 6970 is still either locking on solid blue or unaccelerated but working OK otherwise.

However, I am doing this on a real Mac so you guys may have better luck.

I used Pacifist to create a 10.6.6 from the MBP install DVD. It took all night but I am pretty sure that if this doesn't work running from that install, that there is something still missing for 6950/70 to work.

I am hopeful that one of you guys will prove me wrong and get one running on a Hack, in which case I have just not hit right combo.

Pure MBP 10.6.6 not working so I tried bring over Lion kexts one at a time, still no love.

Only plus to all of this bother is that under "Hardware" in Sys Profiler I now see "ThunderBolt". Looks cool but I would rather have working 6970.

radov4n

radov4n

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I am getting solid blue on 6970 on i7 machine, so I am guessing it's not just your mac pro. Would be very nice if someone reported 6970 working :wacko:

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
^Andy^,

I just wanted to thank you. I used your kexts with kext helper after installing the 10.6.6 update and they work perfectly. I didn't use the modified kernel or OpenGL Framework. The only issue I have now is that on reboot any display connected via MiniDP to DVI adapter is garbled, but unplugging and replugging the adapter clears it up right away. Can't believe I'm back on OS X from my i7 machine. You can't imagine how happy it makes me. Thanks again!

jpa

jpa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
Andy,

your card is http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814102909

##### files ??? steps one for one??

upload in mediafire .com

thanks

Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Just thought I'd link a shot of all 4 monitors running at once in OS X. Also, once I ran the DX58SO patcher for my board, the garbled screens at boot disappeared. Now working perfectly. The only thing I can't make work is the audio input on my X-Fi Titanium Fatality Sound Card, but I got a nice USB C-Audio adapter thats Mac Compatible with inputs on Amazon for 7 bucks. Thanks again ^Andy^, made my week. :D

http://twitpic.com/49ku09

jpa

jpa

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Just thought I'd link a shot of all 4 monitors running at once in OS X. Also, once I ran the DX58SO patcher for my board, the garbled screens at boot disappeared. Now working perfectly. The only thing I can't make work is the audio input on my X-Fi Titanium Fatality Sound Card, but I got a nice USB C-Audio adapter thats Mac Compatible with inputs on Amazon for 7 bucks. Thanks again ^Andy^, made my week. :(

http://twitpic.com/49ku09

upload all files used :D your video card is??

steps or process to install... thanks

your X-Fi Titanium Fatalit is?? USB C-Audio adapter is? links?

kontroversy

kontroversy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Could anyone who got the files do a quick re-up? Great work on this, super excited.

• Guests

Could anyone who got the files do a quick re-up? Great work on this, super excited.

1 - Kexts ATI Kexts from 2011 MBP Install DVD

2 - OpenGL Framework (probably not needed) OpenGL framework from 2011 MBP Install DVD

3 - Sandybridge friendly Mach_Kernel (only req'd if you have a new i5 or i7) Sandy Bridge friendly Kernel

pm I received from Falconnl..

Hi Andy,

I installed those new kexts and everything is working perfectly. No shutdown issues anymore and i have 2 displays attached to the ATI 6870 with perfect picture quality.

I hope you can put this in the topic so other people can see the kexts are working. Because i do not have enough rights to reply on your post.

I installed the kexts with Kext Helper b7.
Call of Duty 4 works like a charm now on my Hackintosh.

And thanx again for the quick service.

Grtz,
Falconnl

st1v

st1v

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Hi, first of all thanks for the uploads and the reports of this method working; I'm trying to get my Sapphire 6870 working with little success, I managed to make it work just one time but after a restart things went back to the 1024x768 resolution with no QE/CI. It would be great if people that succeeded would post just a few info on their config, in particular the version of ##### used (normal or legacy?) and where they put the kexts, in E/E or S/L/E, even better if you could post all the steps from the clean install of 10.6.6 to a working setup. Also, does it make a difference which HDMI port I'm using? Thanks again, and sorry for the newbie questions, I'm new to the Hackintosh scene.

• Guests
I've just uploaded the files to mediafire and updated the links in my previous posts. Hopefully you will now be able to continue downloading the kexts.

Good luck all.

st1v

st1v

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thanks Andy, I'll try again; any more info about your config is appreciated. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy