Leopard and Hackintosh

domino

162 posts in this topic

Sorry guys, I think we will all wait to see the final Leopard only to works, I don't think beta will work for us

If the beta doesn't work for us then niether will the final version, because if we can't hack the beta we definitley won't be able to hack the final version.

OK, its definitely the disk:) Try to use osx to copy your Tiger disk to the one you want for Leopard, then try installing over that? Also look in .plist folders to see whats different. I think xandiztxu may be right about beta:( Good Luck

Ok guys, I'm trying a new strategy.

I'm replacing all important directories from 10.4.4, so we can know what directory contains the damned file.

Actually, I replaced /bin, /sbin, /usr/bin and /usr/sbin.

Now I'm going to totally replace /usr and /System/Library/CoreServices.

Sherry Haibara

EDIT: After replacing usr and CoreServices, I get a Kernel Panic:

pid 1 exited (signal 0, exit 1)panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0032BFBF): init died

I'm have the feeling that we shouldn't even TRY to patch 10.5. Not yet anyhow. We'll put hours and weeks of work into getting it running, then Apple will just see how we did it and change the final release so our patches won't work. Then we'll be back at square one.

Better for the hackers and programmers to download Leopard, play with it, learn how and why it is different, then apply this knowledge to the final build.

Besides, there is still lots of work to do on 10.4.7 yet. ;)

We could work on patching it but not distribute the patches to anyone that is not a "hack-dev"... then apple would be none the wiser, and wed be all the better off....

max

Give me your system specs.

MoBo: ASUS A8V-E Deluxe with VIA chipset K8T890

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3200 + 2.0ghz with SSE2/3

HD: Maxtor SATA 160GB, Maxtor ATA 80GB; the first running Leopard, the second Tiger

Graphics Card: NVidia GeForce 6200 TC

And for stelriah: yes, but only 10.4.7 kernel source, not the Leopard kernel source.

Sherry Haibara

in a word : where the hell is maxxuss?

Ahhh, Maxxuss... The great god maxxuss...

Well, he seems desaparecido.

So we can't really hack anything: the mach_kernel, the new Finder etc. binaries... anything.

We can just try to make Leopard running with 10.4.4 kernel, the latest we have.

Sherry Haibara

P.S.

Any idea about the disk trouble?

Well I think try using your ata device (SATA is problematic)

I did it yesterday, and it doesn't work.

And I think you could win with an INTEL cpu

I supposed that will work with my AMD, if I use the AMD patched files.

But maxxuss has disappeared XD

Sherry Haibara

Ok guys, I have a bad news for you.

From http://developer.apple.com/macosx/launchd.html:

"There are five major ways that services have been started in the past: network services, from xinetd; regularly scheduled services, from cron; boot-time services, from rc/rc.local or init.d, or as StartupItems. Login-time items might also be started as StartupItems, or found in a user's .profile or .xinitrc. (These last two are essentially equivalent to rc.local items.)"

So, rc script has been deleted in Leopard.

And that's the reason why if I put the 10.4.4 rc into Leopard /etc, Leopard just ignore it.

I'm investigating about the Tiger/Leopard boot process. Can you help me?

Sherry Haibara

Ok this might just be me, but I doubt that the 10.4 kernel would work on 10.5... running a kernel from 10.4.4 on a 10.4.7 system is one thing but running a kernel from 10.4 on a 10.5 system is a huge difference.

I know that you guys got far with a the old kernel but I think some of the errors are being caused by the old kernel... and even if the GUI can be started I think it would be unbelivably unstable...

Just my two cents but, I thought I should put it out there.

I also think we will need to find a fourm... that is well not hosted in the U.S. It won't be long until we start to talk about what is considered the "gray" area.

I also think we will need to find a fourm... that is well not hosted in the U.S. It won't be long until we start to talk about what is considered the "gray" area.

Ya know.. there is that "other" forum where you can talk about anything if it got to that point... but just talking about it is not an issue. It only becomes an issue when people start linking to things they shouldn't, etc.

In the words of Tim Gunn... "Carry on."

as long as we have the ok.

What way are you guys trying to install 10.5?

Are you installing 10.5 over a 10.4 install or are you installing darwin and puting 10.5 over it?

Oh... I'm sure maxxuss has leop. Its up to him if he wants to hack the kernel leop beta kernel. I think if he does maxxuss won't release it. If apple has no proof of their kernel being hacked then they would put less work(and money) into locking it down to their hardware.

I tried to run the new Mail.app. I copied over new frameworks, and made some progress, until it wanted a new CoreFoundation.framework, which I was scared to update.

Does anyone know how to make an application look elsewhere for frameworks, as in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and would it be possible to install the Leopard frameworks somewhere else and point the Leopard apps there?

/blkblt

Those just want to play around with Leo apps should just use vmware/10.4.7 so you dont hose the native install. It'll be slow so get familiar with terminal commands to make operations faster. Also take debugger notes and crashes because it'll be usefull in the future.