Samsung R Series Notebooks

derekreid

327 posts in this topic

would be great if u could add your specifications to your profile so we all can see the exact hardware + bios version of your system...

i´m still trying to get sleep working (according to bungo´s explanations here)...

so far best for me is modify device glan according to bungos post with this i got sleep plus wake up...

problem left is that wlan led is still working during this so called sleep mod...

commenting _pwr out of EHC 1 & 2 means no wake up to me but complete sleep indeed...

I have a R580 and later insert my dsdt .All work ok but the sleep no work.Any suggerences? Geekbench 5580 points with my dsdt.Sound work best than VoodooHda with AppleHda modified I insert too later.Sorry for my bad English

Can you please describe your fix for the AppleHDA and which soundcard?

Thats a pretty good and decent result from Geek. Is this from 64bit or 32bit? I get only 4625 in 32bit

I have a R580 and later insert my dsdt .All work ok but the sleep no work.Any suggerences? Geekbench 5580 points with my dsdt.Sound work best than VoodooHda with AppleHda modified I insert too later.Sorry for my bad English

Hay could you please upload your DSDT as I have a R580 and need a reference to look at so I can do some DSDT editing. Thank you much

R580-JS08ES

Core I5 2400 4gb Segate Momentus Xt Hybrid 320 Gb Gt330 1Gb

Geekbench 64b

In Extra/Extensions

Only:

AppleACPIPS2Nub

ApplePS2Controller

Fakesmc

In System/Library/Extensions

Replace:

AppleHda.kext

IoAudioFamily.kext

The marvell yukon soon 88E8059

Is for bios R580_11JB

My package are in previous post

would be great if u could add your specifications to your profile so we all can see the exact hardware + bios version of your system...

i´m still trying to get sleep working (according to bungo´s explanations here)...

so far best for me is modify device glan according to bungos post with this i got sleep plus wake up...

problem left is that wlan led is still working during this so called sleep mod...

commenting _pwr out of EHC 1 & 2 means no wake up to me but complete sleep indeed...

My package:

R580.zip

I haven't seen any discussion for these machines, so here goes. The hardware for the R480 is nearly identical to that of the R580 (and I assume the rest of the series), hopefully we can all work together.

I have my R480 running 10.6.4 pretty much flawlessly, all but sleep (which I would really like).

My Hardware Compatibility List entry:

Core i3 2.13 GHz
4 Gigs RAM

Install method: Using retail DVD image from other leopard partition using Pacifist. Have to set AHCI to Manual and Enable in BIOS.

GUID/MBR hybrid, 5 partitions: Chameleon, Snow, Windows 7, Snow Backup, Data

Audio: Realtek ALC269-GR - Working with VoodooHDA
Video: nVidia GeForce 310M [10de:0a75] - Working with NVEnabler64
Ethernet: Marvell [11ab:4381] - Haven't tested
Wireless: Atheros AR9285 [168c:002b] - Works with modified kext
Bluetooth: Works OOB
Trackpad: Synaptics - Working with VoodooPS2Controller. Scroll coasting/inertia with Smart Scroll application.
Webcam: Works OOB

Sleep: NOT WORKING. Tried various SleepEnabler versions and settings without luck. Let me know if you have any ideas (might attempt to tackle modifying DSDT).

Got my kexts, etc from package here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.3/Portables#R530

Anyone been able to get sleep working?

I think sleep problem is for USB Charging Sleep feature in this model of notebook ,I probe with original dsdt for original (modified) Macbookpro 6,1 dsdt and problem with sleep persist ,I probe disconecting WebCam and Bluetooth and nothing.

@JOSE

Thanks for your files. Indeed some valuable information in there! However I would like to know your approach for the sound fix. I cannot spot the difference to the stock AppleHDA.

Do you have brighntess keys fixed in your ApplePS2controller to work as it should?

Why is Vodoobattery missing? Dont you need it?

Geekbench 64b explains your high value. Though still I cant reach you as I only score 5390 8) Your machine seems to be finely tuned.

@JOSE

Thanks for your files. Indeed some valuable information in there! However I would like to know your approach for the sound fix. I cannot spot the difference to the stock AppleHDA.

Do you have brighntess keys fixed in your ApplePS2controller to work as it should?

Into AppleHda is modified the library AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver and AppleHDAPlatformDriver both are into Applehda/plugins,the VoodooHda have too much kp when boot.

Sorry VoodooBattery I forget put into my package.

The brigthness work with F12 how a real Macbookpro keyboard.

I don´t like Voodoo solutions.

In bios setup change Legacy Usb to disable and Usb charge to disable.

The sleep problem is for Sleep Usb Charge feature ,I work to disable it in dsdt.

The lid sleep function too I work on it too ,no work because the lids variable of dsdt is in gfx0 device in place nvid device.

@JOSE

Geekbench 64b explains your high value. Though still I cant reach you as I only score 5390 8) Your machine seems to be finely tuned.

The marvell yukon only work on 32bits boot with my modified kext when work in 64bits boot too ,I upload it.

I upload a dsdt of real Macbookpro

dsdtMBP61.zip

deleting my voodooHDA and installing appleHDA + ioAudioFamily sadly didn´t work for me, no sound...

system info showed no loaded kext for audio and i also recognized that in system prefs the voodooHDA entry is still there, i rebuild chaches twice :s....

do u also have the alc 269, or did i miss something ?

Got HDMI audio/video out working with:

"NVCAP", 
                               Buffer (0x14)
                               {
                                   0x04, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 
                                   [color="#FF0000"]0x06[/color], 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x07, 
                                   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }

Reded byte tells OS X that we have HDMI video out also.

To get HDMI audio out working (if you not use VoodooHDA) we need to add a new device HDAU into device P0P2 (search for address 0x00010000 in your DSDT) after device PEGP (it's your gfx):

Device (P0P2)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Device (PEGP)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x00)

}
[color="blue"]
               Device (HDAU)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x01)
                   OperationRegion (HDAH, PCI_Config, 0x00, 0x40)
                   Field (HDAH, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
                   {
                       VID0,   16, 
                       DID0,   16
                   }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x02)
                           {
                               "hda-gfx", 
                               Buffer (0x0A)
                               {
                                   "onboard-1"
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }
               }[/color]
           }

You may need to add into device HDEF:

Device (HDEF)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)

[color="blue"]
               {
                   Store (Package (0x06)
                       {
                           "hda-gfx", 
                           Buffer (0x0A)
                           {
                               "onboard-1"
                           },

"layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00  // put your layout-id
                           },

"PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer () {}

}, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }[/color]
           }

I do not know if this works for all gfxs with hdmi out, suppose if you can find (using IOReistryExplorer) some device inside P0P2 besides PEGP (named pci10de,be2 in my case), it's your HDMI audio out.

In some notebooks hdmi audio out is located under HDEF (another codec), in this case you need Legacy i think.

Good find Bungo! To my understanding this adds support for the onboard audio via DSDT completely also on the analog ports residing on the side or only HDMI?

Yesterday I also tried Jose´s Audio fix and ApplePS2. However both led to a nonworking Trackpad and no sound as antagon expirienced. Even worse, when I tried to put back the old files the system KPed. Upon next reboot everything was there but the sound level setting LAGS a lot when doing adjustments. Something is screwed.

I thought about, hey lets TimeMachine back by pulling up the panel but I could not set the system back to the given state. Then I booted the install disc and selected TimeMachine Backup where I had my points shown. Selecting the last one (or equal one) Time Machine said that the Backup was not done from this system or similar and showed me the options to make a new install or set the Boot Volume. Well.....kinda unhelpful at this moment.

Any way to have a rollback without hassles or reinstall of my complete OS again?

TIA

I have a samsung R610 with grafic card nvidia 9200M GS and audio card Realtek ALC262 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller.

Anyone has the ALC262 audio working? Can share the kext and HDEF section in DSDT or explain how did you enable audio?

Thanks in advance

@bungo: hehe yes i experienced also that time machine {censored} some weeks ago...

i think the message has something to do with switching smbios.plists -> mac models...

i didn´t get it to work again with time machine...

i´m useing carbon copy cloner to backup entire harddrive now...

if u make an image with ccc u have to boot with osx dvd/ usb stick, then choose image to restore (a bit tricky), after restore u just need to reinstall chameleon or your bootloadder thats it, works for me several times...

did u rebuild driver caches ??? normally it works again after that (maybe delete extension.mkext in e/e) then rebuild caches

@Morphium

Good find Bungo! To my understanding this adds support for the onboard audio via DSDT completely also on the analog ports residing on the side or only HDMI?

It's only a HDMI OUT fix, not for on-board ALC269.

For onboard audio you need Legacy kexts + HDEF fix (last one in my previous post).

@Astaga

I have a samsung R610 with grafic card nvidia 9200M GS and audio card Realtek ALC262 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller.

Anyone has the ALC262 audio working? Can share the kext and HDEF section in DSDT or explain how did you enable audio?

Thanks in advance

Try my old one from Samsung R510 but without HDMI adio, may be helpful.

You need to add under HDEF:

{
                   Store (Package (0x0C)
                       {
                           "CodecAddressMask",    [color="red"]// useful only if modem audio is present[/color]
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x01
                           },

"device-id", 
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x3e, 0x3a, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

"MaximumBootBeepVolume",
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x40
                           },

"layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

"PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer (0x10)
                           {
                                0x30, 0x01, 0x10, 0x90, 0x40, 0x00, 0x21, 0x01,
                                0x20, 0x00, 0x81, 0x01, 0x10, 0x01, 0xa0, 0x90
                           },

"platformFamily",
                           Buffer (One)
                           {
                               0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }

LegacyAppleHDA.kext.zip

i got an email conversation with Jose33, and alc 269 is working (incl. mic) with modified appleHDA + IOAudiofamily + dsdt edit (everything necessary in attachment)

According to Jose33 small error left:

""audio insertion failed" is because hdmi no is insert yet."

i personally didn´t recognize anything bad but i don´t use hdmi...

Install:

1.-Delete voodoohda.kext and prefpannel

2.-Delete your IOAUDIOFAMILY.KEXT AND APPLEHDA.KEXT (add: if u are usingvoodooHDA u already did that).

3.-COPY MY APPLEHDA.KEXT AND IOAUDIOFAMILY.KEXT IN SYSTEM/LIBRARY/EXTENSION

4.-RUN KEXTUTILITY

5.-ADD IN YOUR DSDT (complete HDEF-section in attachment):

{
                   Store (Package (0x0A)
                       {
                           "hda-gfx",
                           Buffer (0x0A)
                           {
                               "onboard-1"
                           },

"layout-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

"PinConfigurations",
                           Buffer (Zero) {},
                           "subsystem-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0x07, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                           },

"subsystem-vendor-id",
                           Buffer (0x04)
                           {
                               0xDE, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00
                           }
                       }, Local0)
                   Return (Local0)
               }

appleHDA_alc269.zip

For onboard audio you need Legacy kexts + HDEF fix (last one in my previous post).

Ok. Just looked around and found similar but with additional entries for codec and PIN from here onwards.

Arent these needed?

@antagon

Did you try with Bungos Legacy.kext? ATM I have restored my Mac with Voodoo and dont want to mess around again. I could not get the laggy behaviour eliminited no matter what I did.

thank for you help that worked :P

every thing install fine, restarted the computer put [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] back in booted from the harddisk and i get:

Acpi Table not found: DSDT.aml

No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value.

Using PCI-Root value: 0

and it just sits there! any ideas? cheers

forgot to say my laptop is the R730!

do i have to manually creat dsdt.aml?

Your installation is looking for a DSDT thats missing. Gareth, you have to extract your own DSDT from your system and apply the fixes manually to yours. It depends what components you got so that you may copy fixes from ours if they are the same like GFX, sleep, brightness, EDID etc.

Unless you find an excact DSDT from another 730 and same BIOS with same Model specs this is the way you have to go.

Otherwise apply Multiboot 2.6 or 3.0.3 with : VoodooPS2 and AppleACPIPS2Nub+ fakesmc and VoodooHDA with fixed Gains in plist in case you get steady feedback from mic. Installation of Chameleon RC5 will be done automatically and Graphicsenabler=yes will be mostly preconfigured (I think). Sleep and brightness do not work in this manner.

One question though @all!

Why does my internal DVD Drive go to "sleep" after a while when Snow is running. I click on the eject button but it does not come up. A restart helps but something is really weird. Why is that and how can I solve this.

Here is a similar issue describing the problem. Does the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector removal by editing the DSDT appropriately help?