Dell Optiplex GX520

Dellmantt

282 posts in this topic

YES IT WILL I HAVE ONE

But 2 PROBS MOUSE TEARING, ARTEFACTS (LAG) WITH GRAPHICS FIX AND MOUSE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH USB

TRY IT THO ILL HELP YOU

Mouse tearing, artefacts are fixed with the DSDT fix. You seem to be the only one who can't get it to work

First time I have heard of anyone having a problem with USB mouse!

Have you tested your hard drive yet, could be all the problems stem from a faulty drive or even a damaged motherboard. Did you take precautions against static when you removed the bios battery?

BTW your caps lock is stuck again

Mouse tearing, artefacts are fixed with the DSDT fix. You seem to be the only one who can't get it to work

First time I have heard of anyone having a problem with USB mouse!

Have you tested your hard drive yet, could be all the problems stem from a faulty drive or even a damaged motherboard. Did you take precautions against static when you removed the bios battery?

BTW your caps lock is stuck again

I have tried 3 harddrives same result

With Video set to onboard only error 0x0AC0000

With Combination and onboard 0x07ac0000 or 0x7ac00000 (Forgot Which way)

I have tried 3 harddrives same result
Check cable connection on motherboard, try another cable.

In an earlier post you said ""It seems my After Market Western Digital doesn't like OS X"" whats this mean I thought you had OS X installed and running fine apart from the video problem??

With Video set to onboard only error 0x0AC0000

With Combination and onboard 0x07ac0000 or 0x7ac00000 (Forgot Which way)

This is nothing to do with this thread. If you keep cross posting how is anyone supposed to follow

Check cable connection on motherboard, try another cable.

In an earlier post you said ""It seems my After Market Western Digital doesn't like OS X"" whats this mean I thought you had OS X installed and running fine apart from the video problem??

This is nothing to do with this thread. If you keep cross posting how is anyone supposed to follow

Ok Ill repost on the original thread I figured this forum had more to do with the 620 and that more people where looking at it

So far, so good.

I was able to install on my GX-620. I did have to set my mac address as is was coming up all zeros and my Netgear WN2000 router wouldn't let me out to the web.

I still have to apply the updates, but it's all good.

THANKS!

Glad it's all working

Cheers

Sorry, I have another question.

I used the "sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" to set my mac address.

When I turn off the computer, all is forgotten.

How do I permanently make the change or what do I need to do so when I reboot I don't have the issue?

Thanks again....

Sorry, I have another question.

I used the "sudo ifconfig en0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" to set my mac address.

When I turn off the computer, all is forgotten.

How do I permanently make the change or what do I need to do so when I reboot I don't have the issue?

Thanks again....

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1566006

Post 18 of "this" Topic

Is it possible to use this method to install a mac 10.5 Retail Disc or will this only work with SL?

Sorry, don't know. All the Leopard installs I know of were done with Distros. Can I ask why you would want Leopard when you could have Snow which is faster, smaller and easier to set up the video, audio & ethernet on this system

Firstly I don't have a snow leopard disk,

and secondly I can't even get to the installation screen of a distro for some reason, and no guides have explained it in any level of detail that makes sense.

I'm doubting that it is even possible to boot OSX on the ultra small form factor machine. as far as I got is a still grey apple screen. distros don't boot on DVD, USB or USB drives, retail disk with boot 321 is the furthest I've got

Firstly I don't have a snow leopard disk,

and secondly I can't even get to the installation screen of a distro for some reason, and no guides have explained it in any level of detail that makes sense.

I'm doubting that it is even possible to boot OSX on the ultra small form factor machine. as far as I got is a still grey apple screen. distros don't boot on DVD, USB or USB drives, retail disk with boot 321 is the furthest I've got

Yes it is possible, The user Nerdkiller14 has an USFF GX 620. Was because of him that i wrote this guide. as I explained in this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1572535 it is because of the CDRW/DVDR in your system that you are having problems. And Distro,s will work (but not with that DVD drive). Another user installed Hazard 10.6.2 for intel/ amd on one.

I might attempt the hazard 10.6.2 on it, booting from USB will never work, for sure it doesn't even get past the boot screen.

Whatever.......In the answer above and in the other thread I have explained all I am going to.

Okay, following the instructions on here, I got ahold of a snow leopard disk.

When I try to open OSinstall.mpkg I get the message "For Mac OSX system requirements see the ''read before you install'' document on the installation CD''

the installation box then disappears, any ideas?

Okay, following the instructions on here, I got ahold of a snow leopard disk.

When I try to open OSinstall.mpkg I get the message "For Mac OSX system requirements see the ''read before you install'' document on the installation CD''

the installation box then disappears, any ideas?

No, here is what I get Archive.zip

I get the first screen but it says I need to read the system requirements thing. Which I've done and the machine i'm on has everything neccesary, not that it matters if it's bieng installed somewhere else

I will use the boot from CD option but i've not the slightest idea how you put 3 ISOS on a single CD?

I get the first screen but it says I need to read the system requirements thing. Which I've done and the machine i'm on has everything neccesary, not that it matters if it's bieng installed somewhere else

Is the disk a retail install or retail upgrade disk? it has to be one of these not a restore disk.

it is a full retail disk that, for some reason won't recognise my friends system requirements to be valid

It does not have to recognise your friends mac to be valid. Thats why the OSInstall.mpkg is used not the OSInstall.pkg.

I have not come across this problem before.

you can try the method on the myHack site..restore install disk to USB, run myhack..then use the usb as an installer, as i said the instructions are on the myhack web site.

It does not have to recognise your friends mac to be valid. Thats why the OSInstall.mpkg is used not the OSInstall.pkg.

I have not come across this problem before.

you can try the method on the myHack site..restore install disk to USB, run myhack..then use the usb as an installer, as i said the instructions are on the myhack web site.

Hey Dellmant

I have problem i just got my retail disk of office 2011 and it has artefacts and i remeber you said you didn't have any ?

Also do you have artefacts in the itunes search

do you have quartz or open gl enabled?

Hey Dellmant

I have problem i just got my retail disk of office 2011 and it has artefacts and i remeber you said you didn't have any ?

Also do you have artefacts in the itunes search

do you have quartz or open gl enabled?

Thats right I had no artefacts using Office 2011 & the patched Frame buffer.

Can't remember any trouble with iTunes.

With the DSDT patch have no artefacts with anything.

To test if you have hardware acceleration (quartz etc), hold Ctrl key and use mouse scroll wheel, if the screen will zoom, you have video hardware acceleration.

Me again....

Still having network issues.

I've looked at post #18 and recreated the MACADD script.

I still can't access the internet; it only works if I do the "sudo ifconfig...."

At this point in time, I really don't want to have to replace my router; it's a Netgear WNR2000.

Any suggestions?

Me again....

Still having network issues.

I've looked at post #18 and recreated the MACADD script.

I still can't access the internet; it only works if I do the "sudo ifconfig...."

At this point in time, I really don't want to have to replace my router; it's a Netgear WNR2000.

Any suggestions?

Just tested it on one of my GX 520's. I t works fine. Of course you have to follow the directions exactly. Have included my MACADD so you can do a comparison (with textedit) with yours.MACADD.zip MACADD.txt