[Poll] Are you homosexual?

bofors

[Poll] Are you homosexual?  

672 members have voted

1. 1. [Poll] Are you homosexual?

• Yes
    • No

370 posts in this topic

After looking over the "same-sex marriage" thread ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=19158 ), I thought this might be an interesting poll. The results of such polls are usually controversial:

In general, surveys quoted by anti-{censored} activists tend to show figures nearer 1%, while surveys quoted by {censored} activists tend to show figures nearer 10%, with a mean of 4-5% figure most often cited in mainstream media reports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_...ual_orientation

I dont mind saying that I am, in fact, a homosexual.

EDIT: 3 people have voted yes, yet only one of them (me) has left a comment saying they were one. I wonder if this is also another study. How likely it is people will admit their sexual preference when their admittance is anonymous. Fascinating. So far, we're 1 out of 3 ;-p

I dont mind saying that I am, in fact, a homosexual.

EDIT: 3 people have voted yes, yet only one of them (me) has left a comment saying they were one. I wonder if this is also another study. How likely it is people will admit their sexual preference when their admittance is anonymous. Fascinating. So far, we're 1 out of 3 ;-p

I had voted but I had second thoughts about saying I was {censored} because I have a few friends that read these forums and I have never told them. I'm very private with that part of my life, mostly because I don't feel it's anyone business but my own.

I think this poll should be redone to include other sexual orientations like bisexuality or even asesuality.

I think these polls are most useful or informative when done as simply as possilble. Bisexual people are to some extent homosexual (as well as heterosexual, obviously), so they should respond to the poll with "Yes".

Technobob: The more people get out of the closet, the less easy it is to be a homophobe.

EDIT: {censored} people should stick together! I'm all for being friends with Breeders, but I'm against collaborating with the breeder agenda.

The breeder agenda encompasses most aspects of daily life.

The breeder agenda makes marriage a desirable situation. It makes the nuclear family the norm. It creates a framework of BS which all people are trapped in, breeder or no.

(there are a lot of other examples of the breeder agenda, and breeder BS, i just cant think of them right now)

EDIT: the biggest part of the breeder agenda is to make it seem that it's somehow normal or right to BE a breeder. non-breeders dont want to be breeders, arent breeders and shouldnt want to be breeders. The majority just happens to be breeders. Just as the majority happens to be white. That doesnt mean black is somehow incorrect.

Hiding one's own non-breederness is trying to conform to the breeder ideal. I'm against it.

Technobob: The more people get out of the closet, the less easy it is to be a homophobe.

I'm not in the closet, if my friends asked I would tell them the truth but I don't run around telling everyone I'm {censored}, just as a heterosexual does not run around telling everyone they are straight. I have learned a long time ago if a friend does not accept me for who I am then it's their lose not mine.

I too am {censored}, like technobob I was hesitant about posting a comment out. My hesitation was fear of rejection, why, I don't really know. I am open about my orientation to everone I know.

btw: My partner an I are legally married in Canada

I'm straight.

Here's a kicker:

Do any of the homosexuals here also claim to be christians? We could have some very interesting discussions. I have never been around {censored} christians and I want to know some of the opinions that they have.

I'm straight.

Here's a kicker:

Do any of the homosexuals here also claim to be christians? We could have some very interesting discussions. I have never been around {censored} christians and I want to know some of the opinions that they have.

Wtf? "claim" <- what the hell does that mean? Let me guess...

"Oh, they just SAY they're Christians... but they're really not..."

btw; the entire same-sex marriage thread is religion based... read it, it should answer any questions you have... {censored} people aren't some interesting animal to study; they're exactly like YOU, but like the same sex. What's there to be grasped???

Sidenote; I'm not {censored}, but my brother was

my bad, that did come out a little rude.

My point being, the bible calls it an "abomination" for a man to be with a man. I wanted to see what {censored} christians say about that, and the other scriptural references that do not condone homosexuality.

I don't care if geneticists say that there's a "{censored} gene." Everyone is made with original sin (AKA the tendency to sin), but that doesn't mean you have to act on it.

Just my take on this.

I'm so :) sick and tired of this every time you mention {censored} you get a bunch of bible {censored}

I'm so glad that religion is on the decline and maybe some day everyone will have peace in the world. The bible has been the root cause of so much hatred and wars.

my bad, that did come out a little rude.

My point being, the bible calls it an "abomination" for a man to be with a man. I wanted to see what {censored} christians say about that, and the other scriptural references that do not condone homosexuality.

I don't care if geneticists say that there's a "{censored} gene." Everyone is made with original sin (AKA the tendency to sin), but that doesn't mean you have to act on it.

Just my take on this.

everbody is a sinner( according to the bible)

so even christians

so there is no reason why {censored}'s can't be christian

i am so happy that i live in the netherlands

i can marry with my boyfriend, and enjoy the same rights like straight people

and more and more countries follow our example, spain, canada, belgium...

also very happy that in my country there is a separation of religion and state

unlike the usa were religious extremist like bush try to impose there religious views on the whole state and even not religious people

I really don't think the results from this means very much. I just don't see it being reflective of the true no of {censored} around. I would have assumed it would catch more {censored} members attention (i need to vote) than anyone elses (i can't be bothered).

And so i can't be bothered too (at least for now).

18%, thats not that bad.

I am not {censored} but some of my best friends are. I don't give a sh*t as long as I can count

on them and we have fun. I also know some {censored}s that are {censored}, there really is no

difference that would be worth to mention.