• Please log in to reply
859 replies to this topic

Danimator

Danimator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Kabyl, Just wondering what the difference is between your bootloader and the other one in this forum for ati cards?

Yours detects both my ati 5770 cards, and they both work (with crossfire bridge still attached too) but it doesn't show all the profiler info properly. Where as Mohamed's bootloader detects both cards correctly, shows ALL profiler info correctly, BUT won't work with both cards, only one.

You can peek here at my post:

http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1548901

Any ideas how to combine both? That way both cards work, and also show all the profiler info correctly Thanks.

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts
It would be nice if you could follow the first post and upload at least the ioreg dump.

Danimator

Danimator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Here's the ioreg dump ;)

Attached File  Dump.ioreg.zip   640.33KB   61 downloads

tonydickinson

tonydickinson

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 187 posts
Hi Kabyl,

Further to my previous message your boot continues to be stable.

The only issue I have noticed is that when Windows 7 boots up, the loading screen is replaced by a black screen which after a period is replaced by the operating system running.

Brgds/T

FortKnUX

FortKnUX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 19 posts

Kabyl, Just wondering what the difference is between your bootloader and the other one in this forum for ati cards?

Yours detects both my ati 5770 cards, and they both work (with crossfire bridge still attached too) but it doesn't show all the profiler info properly. Where as Mohamed's bootloader detects both cards correctly, shows ALL profiler info correctly, BUT won't work with both cards, only one.

You can peek here at my post:

http://www.insanelym...p;#entry1548901

Any ideas how to combine both? That way both cards work, and also show all the profiler info correctly Thanks.

Mohamed modified ati.c file from Chameleon's distro adding 3rd monitor, changing names for specific ATI cards (just a cosmetic change which explains why you see proper names in system profiler) and setting proper framebuffers for 5xxx cards (in your case it will be Vervet framebuffer since you are using 5770 card). Kabyl is more likely did some other changes to ati.c but that's for him to reveal ;)

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
Hi Kabyl

Booted this morning and got this very odd glitch (see video.).
In-between the flashing I could still move the mouse and managed to restart.

I have until now been using the last boot file you sent me when testing. Don't know if anything has changed but in case have now switched to the boot from the first post here.

Attached File  FKA.mov   3.4MB   610 downloads

Any ideas?

sirbow2

sirbow2

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
woah thats crazy. never seen anytthing like it but i would guess that is something hardware related such as a bad cable or worse a bad monitor or even worse a bad video card

sch8mid

sch8mid

Lenz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
just finished my new rig
was not so easy with the new Gigabyte GA- X58A-UD5 Rev.2.0 as I thought in the beginning
kabyl boot works excellent - no issues - like it -Asere Quality

best and thanks

as

Kabyl

Kabyl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 170 posts

Here's the ioreg dump :rolleyes:

Attached File  Dump.ioreg.zip   640.33KB   61 downloads

From your ioreg, it doesn't look like your card is working, I'll try to find out what's wrong.

Hi Kabyl

I have until now been using the last boot file you sent me when testing. Don't know if anything has changed but in case have now switched to the boot from the first post here.

Any ideas?

Let me know if it happens again with the current booter.

flipflp

flipflp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Works just like before with the UseAtiRom method. Scores the same in Cinebench. I only have 1 monitor with one connector so I'm afraid I couldn't be much help for testing past a single DVI.

Thanks for all your hard work Kabyl

Attached Files

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Works just like before with the UseAtiRom method. Scores the same in Cinebench. I only have 1 monitor with one connector so I'm afraid I couldn't be much help for testing past a single DVI.

Thanks for all your hard work Kabyl

Unless you are using a mod'd ROM file you shouldn't need UseAtiROM any more as Ati.c will now read from BIOS ROM and inject values.

D

Let me know if it happens again with the current booter.

Will do.
D

roelroel

roelroel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Kabyl

Any ideas?

This happens on "real" Mac Pros too: http://discussions.i...j...=0&tstart=0. Also see my post #22. I replaced my videocard and it hasn't happened since.

flipflp

flipflp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Unless you are using a mod'd ROM file you shouldn't need UseAtiROM any more as Ati.c will now read from BIOS ROM and inject values.

D

Correct, I was just saying that using Kabyl's boot file gave me the exact same outcome as my previous setup using a ROM file. Same stability, same cinebench scores, etc.

imrazor

imrazor

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
I've tried all the framebuffers, and each time end up with garbage (see photo below.) Typically the garbage will remain on the screen for 15-30 seconds and then the screen goes black and the system becomes unresponsive (ie, no disk activity) If I move the mouse, I can sometimes see changing patterns on the screen depending on the framebuffer chosen. I have no idea what could be causing my results. Other methods of enabling the 5750 have produced similar results. I found a similar result here:

http://www.tonymacx8...php?f=15&t=5641

Anyone have a clue what might be causing this?

Attached Files

ed_co

ed_co

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Hi guys,

Today my sapphire HD 5870 arrived.
I tried the boot file into the booter, without any other parameters except graphicsenabler, that's all.
I have a couple of questions:

1) Which is the booter that is based on this one. I mean, I have one dsdt.aml file based on C2RC5 mozodojo, and I don't know if its the same branch or totally different branch.

2) I don't understand why in the system information there isn't any pci card (for the graphics card), there was the information about the link speed and many other parameters, and know I can't see any information due to the problem that is not there any pci card. Could you enable that?

One thing more, I had any glitches in the screen when I boot up the first time, then I realized that I connected the display in the second DVI (the bottom conector), I have red lines and another glitches and some turn on/turn off monitor, not too much.
I shut down the computer again, and I connected the display in the first DVI connector (the above one), in this case, I haven't got any glitches or turn on/off problems with the monitor. Was good.
I tried again with the second DVI connector, and this time, there weren't red lines, only the turn on/off problems, but all the time, didn't stop. So I changed again to the first connector and was good again.
So, I don't think that with this configuration, I can enable multimonitor, due to the problem with the second connector.

3) Maybe could be a problem with the framebuffer? (I didn't change any option about fb).

Thank you very much.

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts
Well it looks like this is also a problem with MacPro's shipped with 5770's.

I'm guessing it must be a problem with the new Apple ATI drivers.
Good to know it's not purely a hack issue!

http://discussions.a...sageID=12296558

D

Hi Kabyl

Any ideas?

ed_co

ed_co

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Hi guys,

Today my sapphire HD 5870 arrived.
I tried the boot file into the booter, without any other parameters except graphicsenabler, that's all.
I have a couple of questions:

1) Which is the booter that is based on this one. I mean, I have one dsdt.aml file based on C2RC5 mozodojo, and I don't know if its the same branch or totally different branch.

2) I don't understand why in the system information there isn't any pci card (for the graphics card), there was the information about the link speed and many other parameters, and know I can't see any information due to the problem that is not there any pci card. Could you enable that?

One thing more, I had any glitches in the screen when I boot up the first time, then I realized that I connected the display in the second DVI (the bottom conector), I have red lines and another glitches and some turn on/turn off monitor, not too much.
I shut down the computer again, and I connected the display in the first DVI connector (the above one), in this case, I haven't got any glitches or turn on/off problems with the monitor. Was good.
I tried again with the second DVI connector, and this time, there weren't red lines, only the turn on/off problems, but all the time, didn't stop. So I changed again to the first connector and was good again.
So, I don't think that with this configuration, I can enable multimonitor, due to the problem with the second connector.

3) Maybe could be a problem with the framebuffer? (I didn't change any option about fb).

Thank you very much.

There are a lot of more info here, and more questions.

Well it looks like this is also a problem with MacPro's shipped with 5770's.

I'm guessing it must be a problem with the new Apple ATI drivers.
Good to know it's not purely a hack issue!

http://discussions.a...sageID=12296558

D

Is not exactly the same behaviour, because my screen goes black, not grey wih snow. It turns off/on. Is not the same... and the red lines?...
And the most important thing here, in system info there is not pci card o pci device, so I can't see the link speed, etc... Should be there isn't it?

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Is not exactly the same behaviour, because my screen goes black, not grey wih snow. It turns off/on. Is not the same... and the red lines?...
And the most important thing here, in system info there is not pci card o pci device, so I can't see the link speed, etc... Should be there isn't it?

This was not in referance to your problem ed_co. It was in referance to an issue I had experianced.

Please see the post I had quoted!

D

ed_co

ed_co

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Sorry man, my fault.

Cheers.

tosh123

tosh123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

This booter has a new key; "AtiFb", if one would like to try a different framebuffer;

...snip
any hints for framebuffers for a 4670 (club 3D 1GB) card? I get some (motmot, flicker) buffers only on VGA with a dongled DVI-port to work.
Testet:
Alopias
Alouatta
Baboon
Cardinal
Caretta
Colobus
Motmot
Flicker
Peregrine
Quail
Shrike

any hints what buffer maybe enabled my DVI-port?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy