OSx86

Swad

179 posts in this topic

There are loopholes in everything (ex. putting an apple sticker on your laptop [you know, from your ipod] and calling it "Apple Branded". In no way should it be downloaded w/o having the original copy. I for one support Apple, so I bought Leo. The only reason OS X86 exists is because Macs are SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE!!! Then again, it's apple's rep. to be expensive and top of the line. And, life is better customized. OS X86 is illegal. So what. Tons of illegal stuff LOADS worse than this exits unfortunately. Its a passion and a project for programmers and enthusiasts! It should be looked at as a learning experience, not as a pirating machine.

*On a side note*

The ideal system would be the vastness of Windows, with the GUI and security of OS X, and the freedom of linux.

• 1 year later...
The Debate

These questions are meant to stimulate a thoughtful discussion and (hopefully) present a few points you hadn't thought of. As always, these debates are open to the entire Mac community, so we'll look forward to hearing from some folks who normally don't post 'round these parts.

What say you?

As a very long time macintosh user, I will speculate that Apple knew full well, that when they made the switch from a proprietary Motorola CPU and chipset to a common used PC Intel Motherboard and chipset; that they would expect someone to disable the simple SMC chip protection that was supposed to not let anyone load MacOS X onto a PC.

Heck Anyway - The operating system came from the Next system which Steve Jobs built in the time he was away from Apple and the Next was an Intel box.

I can also speculate that PC users getting ahold of MacOS X caused many to buy a macintosh for reliability as we all know that it takes more upkeep to keep MacOS X running on a plain PC than it does on a true macintosh.

I have worked in the computer industry for many years and touched many different types of computers. Making my own MacHack was a passion, just to learn about how MacOS X starts up and runs.

As a very long time macintosh user, I will speculate that Apple knew full well, that when they made the switch from a proprietary Motorola CPU and chipset to a common used PC Intel Motherboard and chipset; that they would expect someone to disable the simple SMC chip protection that was supposed to not let anyone load MacOS X onto a PC.

Heck Anyway - The operating system came from the Next system which Steve Jobs built in the time he was away from Apple and the Next was an Intel box.

I can also speculate that PC users getting ahold of MacOS X caused many to buy a macintosh for reliability as we all know that it takes more upkeep to keep MacOS X running on a plain PC than it does on a true macintosh.

I have worked in the computer industry for many years and touched many different types of computers. Making my own MacHack was a passion, just to learn about how MacOS X starts up and runs.

I agree with this