Snow Leopard on a Gateway NV53

elalan5

173 posts in this topic

[quote name=elalan5' date='Jul 14 2010, 11:55 PM' post='1511344'

Jasonf:

hanging were? i need to know everything plz!! if not i wont be able to know what is going wrong.

Here's the steps I took

1 I loaded the empire Efi.

2 wait for the screen that tells me to insert my install cd, insert that, wait for the drive to stop flashing and hit f5.

3 I see Mac OS X Install DVD, I hit enter on it.

4 A bunch of text shows, until it says press any key to continue.

5 Next screen is the chameleon with grey background and the mac loading swirl.

That's where I hang.

ok jason...i have no idea why that is happening becaus eyou are using a newer version of empire efi. that's why i gave you the other empire efi.... thats the one that works, but just in case...let me upload the empire efi im using to see if that changes something. HERE, its an .img file. Sorry guys if im not explaining myself that well, i just got a new macbook, so im really excited so im just typing fast ahahh sorry...i promise i ll take more time on helping you guys.

ok jason...i have no idea why that is happening becaus eyou are using a newer version of empire efi. that's why i gave you the other empire efi.... thats the one that works, but just in case...let me upload the empire efi im using to see if that changes something. HERE, its an .img file. Sorry guys if im not explaining myself that well, i just got a new macbook, so im really excited so im just typing fast ahahh sorry...i promise i ll take more time on helping you guys.

Nah you did great, my problem was just a bad burn.

Ok i understand the tutorial know, no more questions(maybe)...

i have a couple more questoins thou, just general, not hard questions...

Did you use a Dual Layered Disc? (we have the same burner) what disc did you use?

Where did you get your MacOSx Snnow Leopard Disc from? (if dowloaded, where from?) is there a special version i need like: 10.6.3.4? or something...im going to buy thhese tomorrow, so im curios.

Yes, i used Memorex Dual-layered DVDs (i didnt have enough money ahah) and just download "snowleopard_10a432_userdvd" in google, u should find it pretty quickly.

The disk I was hanging on was just a bad burn. It's loaded to installer now.

I used a dual layer disk that I burned from my mac mini. The version I used was snowleopard_10a432_userdvd that a friend of mine had. I copied it onto the mac, added the files in the tutorial and reburned.

Now I'm at the install phase :D

Good!! im happy for u!!, lets hope everything goes well!!

Yes, i used Memorex Dual-layered DVDs (i didnt have enough money ahah) and just download "snowleopard_10a432_userdvd" in google, u should find it pretty quickly.

I googled : "snowleopard_10a432_userdvd"

if i download that, it comes as a DMG is that just an image file?

I googled : "snowleopard_10a432_userdvd"

if i download that, it comes as a DMG is that just an image file?

ok i just sent u a pm. u need something called dmg2img found HERE to be able to convert dmg to img, then burn to dvd

jasonf: how is your installation coming along?

IM 3LITE: no, i dont think that will work..but im not sure, just do what i sent you.....and by the way, its impossible to install leopard on the NV53....only Snow Leopard is possible.

its ok dude, thtas why were here...to help each other

totally hhahahah i thought they would never end!!! ahahah jk

i havent even started the install yet, wait till that happens, then hopefully i wont have any questions at all, hopefully....PCE ima let this "Buying of leopard" finish over night...lol PCE, illhave more questions by tomorrow!

yeah, that way some other person doesnt have questions.... we answered them all hahaha see ya tomorrow.....but i may not be able to answer untill 5'o' clock-ish. im going on a picnic with my family

jasonf: how is your installation coming along?

IM 3LITE: no, i dont think that will work..but im not sure, just do what i sent you.....and by the way, its impossible to install leopard on the NV53....only Snow Leopard is possible.

I'm at about 90% currently, just waiting on it to finish so I can move to the next steps

I'm at about 90% currently, just waiting on it to finish so I can move to the next steps

ok..tellme if u have any problems

ok..tellme if u have any problems

I'm on my first boot after the combo update and amd and chameleon. Its stuck at the apple logo screen with the spinning wheels. Is it really this long? The wheels are turning but its been a while now.

maybe its setting up your systemm to recognise itÉ maybe like a first boot thing...

Its been 30 minutes and its just spinning slowly. I did whats written here, the combo updater, do not restart, the amd kernel patch, and the chameleon. But after restarting, it's just stuck there

everything is working now except for the mouse cursor and the trackpad. I followed the directions for the cursor, but I'm unsure what to do next.

no clue on trackpad

Im really sorry, but i have no clue on the trackpad....mine worked out of the box, u should try what IM 3LITE reccomended.

for the trackpad have you checked out this tutorial on this forum?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...&hl=tackpad

or is it to no avail

by the way IM 3LITE, did you buy everything already?

I'm on my first boot after the combo update and amd and chameleon. Its stuck at the apple logo screen with the spinning wheels. Is it really this long? The wheels are turning but its been a while now.

What I reccomend you is to boot on Verbose mode,when the chameleon boot screen comes up, type "-v" without the quotes, and then tellme what happens.

Im really sorry, but i have no clue on the trackpad....mine worked out of the box, u should try what IM 3LITE reccomended.

by the way IM 3LITE, did you buy everything already?

What I reccomend you is to boot on Verbose mode,when the chameleon boot screen comes up, type "-v" without the quotes, and then tellme what happens.

Still nothing. Ive got the Gateway NV5378u, is that the same as yours?

I think I have to re-do everything. Just a question, why do you have to do the combo upgrade and amd kernel patch?