• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1324 replies to this topic

XmodD

XmodD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
No can you tell me how you installed OS X Lion? What Version of Lion do you run?
What did you install?

Какой Mac OS X версии Льва вы установили?
Какие изменения вы сделали?

yurick

yurick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

No can you tell me how you installed OS X Lion? What Version of Lion do you run?
What did you install?

Какой Mac OS X версии Льва вы установили?
Какие изменения вы сделали?

installed on a flash drive 11а419 further upgraded to 11а430e and cut AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.
Most of that does not do

my Mac OS Lion 11a430 with flash drive
Posted Image

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

resolution could not be done ...QE work!!! ... need good coders. Do not quite understand (I use Google translator), you ask how I found a lion?

Okay I know that you guys want an explanation on how I managed to get QE/CI on my Arrandale Intel HD Graphics. I will explain soon.

@yurick
So I see that you have Mac OS X Lion installed lol. This is good news for us because we will have QE/CI when we upgrade to Mac OS X Lion. :D

I also see that your Intel HD Graphics does not get recognized either which makes Mac OS X think that it does support QE/CI lol :)

Like what you said we need an expert to help us to get Native Resolution. At least we have the QE/CI part working which will allow us to enjoy iLife 11 ;) .

I have a big feeling that the problem is AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin :)

beaups

beaups

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Okay I know that you guys want an explanation on how I managed to get QE/CI on my Arrandale Intel HD Graphics. I will explain soon.

@yurick
So I see that you have Mac OS X Lion installed lol. This is good news for us because we will have QE/CI when we upgrade to Mac OS X Lion. :D

I also see that your Intel HD Graphics does not get recognized either which makes Mac OS X think that it does support QE/CI lol :smoke:

Like what you said we need an expert to help us to get Native Resolution. At least we have the QE/CI part working which will allow us to enjoy iLife 11 :) .

I have a big feeling that the problem is AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin :rolleyes:

Perhaps there is a way to get the SNB framebuffer kext working with our Arrandale setups? Considering SNB supports intel-only (13" 2011 macbook) setups? Just food for thought.

yurick

yurick

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I am neither of which has not changed kexts ... just delete one and all

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
:) Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) Report

This discovery is interesting. It involves using iLife '11 without any kexts loaded.

Attached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts.png   1.03MB   219 downloadsAttached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts_7.png   494.57KB   168 downloads

Well it seems that GarageBand and iDVD don't need QE/CI to run.

Attached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts_3.png   653.24KB   107 downloadsAttached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts_4.png   279.22KB   93 downloads

iPhoto opens normally and it shows the pictures in your library. You cannot view the picture if you click on it.

Attached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts_6.png   284.92KB   106 downloads

iWeb will run but will not let you view templates.

Attached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts_5.png   862.48KB   132 downloads

Don't even bother opening DVD Player without any kexts loaded.

Attached File  Intel_HD_Graphics_No_Kexts_2.png   856.03KB   232 downloads

This is my favorite screenshot. This proves that the Intel HD Graphics kexts does give you Quartz Extreme. See previous page to see iMovie loaded with the Intel HD Graphics.

==========================================================================

iLife '11 Requirements:

GarageBand: None
iDVD: None
iPhoto: Core Image is required
iWeb: Core Image is required
iMovie: Quartz Extreme is required

Preview App: Core Image is required
DVD Player App: Quartz Extreme is required

So without any Intel HD Graphics kexts loaded, you can't really enjoy iLife '11. In my case however my Intel HD Graphics gives me both Quartz Extreme and Core Image. :( Explanation coming soon...

XmodD

XmodD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
And I believe, that I found a way for native resolution ... In my posts before, I did a lot of test/experiments using EFI Strings ... So I injected missing values.

I believe, that we can inject the values, that tells the IntelHD.kext about the Display, ... resolution etc. But that first requires, that I get the same effect. May plan is it, (most parts already done) to boot with the framebuffer (screensharing) and take an IOReg. Dump. Than I want to take these vales to generate my personal EFI String, with the informations about the display like EDID etc.

So now we ll have to wait for the report ...
:)

Good News. ... These are very good News

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

And I believe, that I found a way for native resolution ... In my posts before, I did a lot of test/experiments using EFI Strings ... So I injected missing values.

I believe, that we can inject the values, that tells the IntelHD.kext about the Display, ... resolution etc. But that first requires, that I get the same effect. May plan is it, (most parts already done) to boot with the framebuffer (screensharing) and take an IOReg. Dump. Than I want to take these vales to generate my personal EFI String, with the informations about the display like EDID etc.

So now we ll have to wait for the report ...
:)

Good News. ... These are very good News

Just a quick question, can you tell me which Intel HD Graphics kexts have you installed in your Extensions folder?

=========================================================================

...and can anyone tell me what does AppleIntelHDGraphics VA Bundle do?

XmodD

XmodD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Currently only IntelHD.kext. no Plugins ... I just load the new #####, maybe I can directly load the Lion Setup ... I ll do a reinstall of lion it it does not load with iBook 3.0 i ll take may fresh new 30 min old install of 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.7 standard. etc. maybe, that ll help us more and i ll get the same effect ... can u upload your intelHD.kext? which one is it ? from Lion? VA Bundle? good Question.

If Qe runs with IntelHD solo that means, that the FB file only sets the display settings ...

The guys from Apple are clever ...

OOHH I installed the developer ones From Lion2

Currently only IntelHD.kext. no Plugins ... I just load the new #####, maybe I can directly load the Lion Setup ... I ll do a reinstall of lion it it does not load with iBook 3.0 i ll take may fresh new 30 min old install of 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.7 standard. etc. maybe, that ll help us more and i ll get the same effect ... can u upload your intelHD.kext? which one is it ? from Lion? VA Bundle? good Question.

If Qe runs with IntelHD solo that means, that the FB file only sets the display settings ...

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Well in the end you might need to install Snow Leopard again to make sure we both have the same effect. If your telling me that you only have AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext only loaded, then I may have good news for you. I kind of figured out what makes QE/CI load. ;)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle is a mystery to us. Does anyone else have a clue what it does?

I think I'm about ready to explain how I managed to get this :)

XmodD

XmodD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
dam {censored} this is nearly better than sex ... I spend the last ... 4 month, to find a way getting it to run. Ok I ll install the update now on snow. Sorry tomorrow I have university and it is 1.03 am. I ll go on working tomorrow after university and work. Can u maybe (or also as a private message) tell me what u figured out??

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
:) Intel HD Graphics Arrandale Report #2

Hopefully many people here can test what I have done with my hackintosh to enable QE/CI for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) :)

I'm gonna keep it real simple.

1) Update to Combo or Regular 10.6.7 (Not the MBP Early 2011)
2) Once you are on 10.6.7, go to your Extensions folder and delete all Graphics Kexts. Delete all Intel GMA 950 Kexts, Intel GMA X3100 kexts, Intel HD Graphics Kexts, ATI Graphics Kexts, NVidia Graphics Kexts, and GeForce Kexts.
3) After this repair kext cache and permissions

4) Configure your Chameleon Bootloader:
*Configure your bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (mach_kernel)
*Configure your bootloader to load MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS
*Add GraphicsEnabler key in Boot.plist and set the string to YES.

5) Restart and make sure Chameleon loads up the new kernel. You should be able to get to the desktop. From here fix any USB, audio, ethernet, wifi problems, etc.

6) Make sure to repair permissions and kext cache when your done fixing. Don't fix Intel HD Graphics yet.

7) Again Reboot and see if there are any other issues in Verbose mode.

8) Once your hackintosh is configured and ready, its time to move on to the Intel HD Graphics.

9) Extract the Intel HD Graphics MBP 2011 ZIP file. We are only going to install 2 kexts.

10) Install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle. Repair kext cache and permissions. ONLY INSTALL THESE TWO!

11) Reboot and you should now have a transparent menubar and QE/CI running. Remember there is no custom resolution at this time.

And thats it. :)

==============================================================

Get the necessary files here:

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 Download
Intel HD Graphics Kexts (Early MacBook Pro 2011) Download

:P If you need to install a bootloader or if you want to repair kext cache and permissions easily, I recommened using Tonymac's ##### Installer. If you want to install kexts easily, use KextHelper or #####.

I'm also adding MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS if you need that too as an attachment.
I'm also adding my Gateway NV5932u DSDT. Do not use it. Its only for reference. Using someone else's DSDT can have consequences on your hackintosh.

Attached Files

Pattmyn

Pattmyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
...you are my goddamn hero right now.

mendietinha

mendietinha

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.
im geting translucent bar and all the very same things that ghost is geting.

retail + combo 10.6.7 with legacy kernel, graphics enabler and the macbookpro 2011 kexts.

i test with the dvdplayer and show the same screen too.

searching a solution to get native resolution. 1366 768....

GhostRaider

GhostRaider

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

im geting translucent bar and all the very same things that ghost is geting.

retail + combo 10.6.7 with legacy kernel, graphics enabler and the macbookpro 2011 kexts.

i test with the dvdplayer and show the same screen too.

searching a solution to get native resolution. 1366 768....

Well at least we have QE/CI running :) We need to fix AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB because this is what allows up to use custom resolution and probably add the finishing touches to make Intel HD Graphics use its full potential.

========================================================================

Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) Status

Quartz Extreme = YES
Core Image = YES
Custom Resolution = NO :D

Jedis

Jedis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
My Latitude E4310 with Arrandale i5 has native 1366x768 resolution, but no QE/CI. I posted earlier in the thread, and am wondering why my resolution is fine and others is not?

I still don't think you have full QE/CI since the dvd player and other apps still don't work fully. The OS is probably just confused.

Eufonic

Eufonic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
will this work with Clarkdale? if so i will be posting my findings here, i have an INTEL DH55HC core i5-660 motherboard with integrated hd graphics

XmodD

XmodD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks dude i ll report later, if it is running on my machine :D thx

LowRidinCrew

LowRidinCrew

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Is this for the 3000's? or the 5700's?

XmodD

XmodD

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

3000 runs now with Clarkdale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy