Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

And I believe, that I found a way for native resolution ... In my posts before, I did a lot of test/experiments using EFI Strings ... So I injected missing values.

I believe, that we can inject the values, that tells the IntelHD.kext about the Display, ... resolution etc. But that first requires, that I get the same effect. May plan is it, (most parts already done) to boot with the framebuffer (screensharing) and take an IOReg. Dump. Than I want to take these vales to generate my personal EFI String, with the informations about the display like EDID etc.

So now we ll have to wait for the report ...

:)

Good News. ... These are very good News

And I believe, that I found a way for native resolution ... In my posts before, I did a lot of test/experiments using EFI Strings ... So I injected missing values.

I believe, that we can inject the values, that tells the IntelHD.kext about the Display, ... resolution etc. But that first requires, that I get the same effect. May plan is it, (most parts already done) to boot with the framebuffer (screensharing) and take an IOReg. Dump. Than I want to take these vales to generate my personal EFI String, with the informations about the display like EDID etc.

So now we ll have to wait for the report ...

:)

Good News. ... These are very good News

Just a quick question, can you tell me which Intel HD Graphics kexts have you installed in your Extensions folder?

=========================================================================

...and can anyone tell me what does AppleIntelHDGraphics VA Bundle do?

Currently only IntelHD.kext. no Plugins ... I just load the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], maybe I can directly load the Lion Setup ... I ll do a reinstall of lion it it does not load with iBook 3.0 i ll take may fresh new 30 min old install of 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.7 standard. etc. maybe, that ll help us more and i ll get the same effect ... can u upload your intelHD.kext? which one is it ? from Lion? VA Bundle? good Question.

If Qe runs with IntelHD solo that means, that the FB file only sets the display settings ...

The guys from Apple are clever ...

OOHH I installed the developer ones From Lion2

Currently only IntelHD.kext. no Plugins ... I just load the new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], maybe I can directly load the Lion Setup ... I ll do a reinstall of lion it it does not load with iBook 3.0 i ll take may fresh new 30 min old install of 10.6.3 and update it to 10.6.7 standard. etc. maybe, that ll help us more and i ll get the same effect ... can u upload your intelHD.kext? which one is it ? from Lion? VA Bundle? good Question.

If Qe runs with IntelHD solo that means, that the FB file only sets the display settings ...

Well in the end you might need to install Snow Leopard again to make sure we both have the same effect. If your telling me that you only have AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext only loaded, then I may have good news for you. I kind of figured out what makes QE/CI load. ;)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA.bundle is a mystery to us. Does anyone else have a clue what it does?

I think I'm about ready to explain how I managed to get this :)

dam {censored} this is nearly better than sex ... I spend the last ... 4 month, to find a way getting it to run. Ok I ll install the update now on snow. Sorry tomorrow I have university and it is 1.03 am. I ll go on working tomorrow after university and work. Can u maybe (or also as a private message) tell me what u figured out??

:)Intel HD Graphics Arrandale Report #2

Hopefully many people here can test what I have done with my hackintosh to enable QE/CI for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) :)

I'm gonna keep it real simple.

1) Update to Combo or Regular 10.6.7 (Not the MBP Early 2011)

2) Once you are on 10.6.7, go to your Extensions folder and delete all Graphics Kexts. Delete all Intel GMA 950 Kexts, Intel GMA X3100 kexts, Intel HD Graphics Kexts, ATI Graphics Kexts, NVidia Graphics Kexts, and GeForce Kexts.

3) After this repair kext cache and permissions

4) Configure your Chameleon Bootloader:

*Configure your bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (mach_kernel)

*Configure your bootloader to load MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS

*Add GraphicsEnabler key in Boot.plist and set the string to YES.

5) Restart and make sure Chameleon loads up the new kernel. You should be able to get to the desktop. From here fix any USB, audio, ethernet, wifi problems, etc.

6) Make sure to repair permissions and kext cache when your done fixing. Don't fix Intel HD Graphics yet.

7) Again Reboot and see if there are any other issues in Verbose mode.

8) Once your hackintosh is configured and ready, its time to move on to the Intel HD Graphics.

9) Extract the Intel HD Graphics MBP 2011 ZIP file. We are only going to install 2 kexts.

10) Install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle. Repair kext cache and permissions. ONLY INSTALL THESE TWO!

11) Reboot and you should now have a transparent menubar and QE/CI running. Remember there is no custom resolution at this time.

And thats it. :)

==============================================================

Get the necessary files here:

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 Download

Intel HD Graphics Kexts (Early MacBook Pro 2011) Download

:P If you need to install a bootloader or if you want to repair kext cache and permissions easily, I recommened using Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installer. If you want to install kexts easily, use KextHelper or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I'm also adding MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS if you need that too as an attachment.

I'm also adding my Gateway NV5932u DSDT. Do not use it. Its only for reference. Using someone else's DSDT can have consequences on your hackintosh.

smbios.plist.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

im geting translucent bar and all the very same things that ghost is geting.

retail + combo 10.6.7 with legacy kernel, graphics enabler and the macbookpro 2011 kexts.

i test with the dvdplayer and show the same screen too.

searching a solution to get native resolution. 1366 768....

im geting translucent bar and all the very same things that ghost is geting.

retail + combo 10.6.7 with legacy kernel, graphics enabler and the macbookpro 2011 kexts.

i test with the dvdplayer and show the same screen too.

searching a solution to get native resolution. 1366 768....

Well at least we have QE/CI running :) We need to fix AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB because this is what allows up to use custom resolution and probably add the finishing touches to make Intel HD Graphics use its full potential.

========================================================================

Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) Status

Quartz Extreme = YES

Core Image = YES

Custom Resolution = NO :D

My Latitude E4310 with Arrandale i5 has native 1366x768 resolution, but no QE/CI. I posted earlier in the thread, and am wondering why my resolution is fine and others is not?

I still don't think you have full QE/CI since the dvd player and other apps still don't work fully. The OS is probably just confused.

:wacko:Intel HD Graphics Arrandale Report #2

Hopefully many people here can test what I have done with my hackintosh to enable QE/CI for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) :)

I'm gonna keep it real simple.

1) Update to Regular 10.6.7

2) Once you are on 10.6.7, go to your Extensions folder and delete all Graphics Kexts. Delete all Intel GMA 950 Kexts, Intel GMA X3100 kexts, Intel HD Graphics Kexts, ATI Graphics Kexts, NVidia Graphics Kexts, and GeForce Kexts.

3) After this repair kext cache and permissions

4) Configure your Chameleon Bootloader:

*Configure your bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (mach_kernel)

*Configure your bootloader to load MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS

*Add GraphicsEnabler key in Boot.plist and set the string to YES.

5) Restart and make sure Chameleon loads up the new kernel. You should be able to get to the desktop. From here fix any USB, audio, ethernet, wifi problems, etc.

6) Make sure to repair permissions and kext cache when your done fixing. Don't fix Intel HD Graphics yet.

7) Again Reboot and see if there are any other issues in Verbose mode.

8) Once your hackintosh is configured and ready, its time to move on to the Intel HD Graphics.

9) Extract the Intel HD Graphics MBP 2011 ZIP file. We are only going to install 2 kexts.

10) Install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle. Repair kext cache and permissions. ONLY INSTALL THESE TWO!

11) Reboot and you should now have a transparent menubar and QE/CI running. Remember there is no custom resolution at this time.

And thats it. ;)

==============================================================

Get the necessary files here:

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 Download

Intel HD Graphics Kexts (Early MacBook Pro 2011) Download

:gun: If you need to install a bootloader or if you want to repair kext cache and permissions easily, I recommened using Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Installer. If you want to install kexts easily, use KextHelper or [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

I'm also adding MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS if you need that too as an attachment.

I'm also adding my Gateway NV5932u DSDT. Do not use it. Its only for reference. Using someone else's DSDT can have consequences on your hackintosh.

My dear friend,

This progress / success you talk about has been discovered on THIS VERY TOPIC, 10 pages ago. see post #327.

- The SMBIOS modification you talk about does not do anything (as you dont change SystemVersion.plist)

- The GraphicsEnabler=Yes does not change anything.

- The Ripple Effect does not show up, so no hardware acceleration is happening. So even if you have your custom resolution- you still don't get full graphics support, since there is no framebuffer.

The solution has to be somewhere in the DSDT region, kext modification, or EFI string, Bootloader patch or maybe support from Apple.

I am sorry, I don't have the answers either. But I do know that there is no magic combination of existing kexts that will fix this problem.

@ GhostRaider

We need a prove ..... Install a Game, Start it and play it / make a Video.

I hope, that these sjuut is kidding .... btw. 10 pages before i do not see the same ...

post #327 is not about this topic... hm took a look to the Intel HD files. and it seems (for me), that the two plugins are about Qe and Open GL. both together should be the FB. IntelHDFB sets display resolution etc. ...

@sjuut

Yes, I believe we need the right efi strings and a true efi bootloader. Intel made uefi, Apple use efi. It looks like efi bootloaders handle video devices differently. Just my thoughts...

@GhostRaider:

Thank you, it is working for me. And it is important that this get well documented like this. It makes it easier to explore what is left unexploited ;)

About the GMUX:

After reading this: https://github.com/awilliam/asus-switcheroo...b/master/README

I believe ACPI Device WMI, in some cases can act as the GMUX.

is such a record exists in the driver AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. Prescribed a mac-model , resolution did not work

7f308c0b2e2ee6eeb55d0e2d545f29a1.jpeg

Do we need to add board-id or AAPL,snb-platform-id to DSDT or efi string? Have you tried?

Great findings!

My dear friend,

This progress / success you talk about has been discovered on THIS VERY TOPIC, 10 pages ago. see post #327.

- The SMBIOS modification you talk about does not do anything (as you dont change SystemVersion.plist)

- The GraphicsEnabler=Yes does not change anything.

- The Ripple Effect does not show up, so no hardware acceleration is happening. So even if you have your custom resolution- you still don't get full graphics support, since there is no framebuffer.

The solution has to be somewhere in the DSDT region, kext modification, or EFI string, Bootloader patch or maybe support from Apple.

I am sorry, I don't have the answers either. But I do know that there is no magic combination of existing kexts that will fix this problem.

Well if it was discovered why isn't there a tutorial? And that screenshot is from ScreenSharing. Here you can actually see it in your laptops monitor.

Look right now Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) does not use its full potential so there are going to be some problems in using QE/CI applications. However its making our progress much easier so right now QE/CI is least of our worries.

The GraphicsEnabler=Yes shouldn't be a problem to add. However I told you to add this for future purposes.

The MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS is also for future purposes. The reason why is because you can actually load the SNBGraphicsFB.kext with it. You cannot load this with MacBook Pro 6,1 SMBIOS. But that won't be discussed now since we don't need to go that direction.

So I hope most of you guys have successfully loaded AppleIntelHDGraphics Kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle

Don't you guys think that Quartz Extreme and Core Image is just a fancy name for OpenGL? It does look like it lol :(

These kexts need to be examined:

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin (Can GA stand for Graphics Acceleration? AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext might be needed so it can run properly)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVA Driver (Can VA stand for Video Acceleration? AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext might be needed so it can run properly too)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext (This kext does not want to cooperate with us :) )

Atheros Wi-Fi (Working out of the Box)

Broadcom Ethernet 57780 (Working)

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 (Regular Update) (64-bit)

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7.0 (mach_kernel)

iLife '11

post-620531-1303921950_thumb.png

Hi GhostRaider,

Please show me which kexts you use to enable Atheros Wifi and Broadcom Ethernet? I have the same Gateway but NV55C. What id is your Atheros wifi and Broadcom Ethernet?

Thanks,

Louis

@Eufonic

I've tested GhostRaider's method on my Clarkdale computer (Intel HD Graphics ids are 8086:0042) and it doesn't work for me. IntelHDGraphics.kext doesn't even get loaded :S. Maybe I've done something wrong...

You can download 10.6.7 combo update from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361

Write a reply if you discover something!

are you a retail install or custom?

Hi GhostRaider,

Please show me which kexts you use to enable Atheros Wifi and Broadcom Ethernet? I have the same Gateway but NV55C. What id is your Atheros wifi and Broadcom Ethernet?

Thanks,

Louis

Atheros Wi-Fi Device ID: 0x002A168C

Broadcom Ethernet Device ID: 0x169214E4

Use Device Manager in Windows to look up your Device IDs. Properties>Details>Hardware Ids.

For Atheros Wi-Fi, you read it like this: DEV_002A and VEN_168C. If these match like mine, then it should work out of the box. I'm guessing these values are different.

Same goes for Broadcom Ethernet. DEV_1692 and VEN_14E4. If these match like mine then I can upload the kext for you.

====================================================================

Speaking of Device IDs, for those using Clarkdale Intel HD Graphics, you can always try adding your Intel HD Graphics Device ID in the Info.plist inside the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext. Maybe it might load for you guys.

Open the info.plist inside the AppleIntelHDGraphics Kext and find IOPCIPrimaryMatch. Add your Clarkdale Intel HD Graphics Device ID in there.

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x00448086 0x00468086 0x01068086 0x01168086 0x01028086 0x01268086 
0x010b8086 0x01128086 0x01228086</string>

For us Arrandale Intel HD Graphics its 0x00468086. (DEV_0046 VEN_8086). Just add "0x" in front and then add the DEV and VEN ID.

If the code is already in there, then I don't know what to tell you. :D