[Guide] P6X58D Premium. Retail 10.6.4 Install. :)

kup

247 posts in this topic

The problem is the 5870. Please refer to the the Graphics forum for help with that hardware. :)

You did not install the Bootloader. Install this and it'll boot fine. ;)

And for the sound, in system preferences you need to select the output device. :)

I took the 5870 out. I now have an Nvidia.geforce 8400 in. It is about a year old, but the only other graphics card I have that I can install in this system.

????? I am about to just throw the thing out a window... What else can I do? I have tried all the -v and -x and -i386's... i have tried just about everything. I have two identical mobos and procs, diffferent ram, different hard drives. How is everyone getting this done???? It seems to me that there is some issue recognizing the drives, or at least allowing the drive to be partitioned, mounted and installed properly. I don't know what the issue is, and I have used several different drives of different sizes, and types... I can get to teh same place even if I have an ATI 4870 installed (But it has not worked yet with the 5870. I will look in the graphics section for more info on that, thanks!)

The problem is the 5870. Please refer to the the Graphics forum for help with that hardware. :)

You did not install the Bootloader. Install this and it'll boot fine. :)

EDIT: And for the sound, in system preferences you need to select the output device. :)

I ran the Chamelon bootloader after everything as the instruction said. I tried to do the fdisk manually with no luck. I thought I did everything in sequence as specified. Maybe I do not understand something....

how can i add something like this at boot?

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/0-blog-pics/a...amp-photo10.png

i know that is is the BootCamp from OSX

You need CleanOSX Chameleon theme. But please, keep the off topic questions out of this thread.

I ran the Chamelon bootloader after everything as the instruction said. I tried to do the fdisk manually with no luck. I thought I did everything in sequence as specified. Maybe I do not understand something....

If you installed the Bootloader and the Extra folder correctly the HDD will boot up exactly like the Boot132 CD (they use the same files).

Do you have the OSX HDD set as the primary boot device in your bios?

You need CleanOSX Chameleon theme. But please, keep the off topic questions out of this thread.

If you installed the Bootloader and the Extra folder correctly the HDD will boot up exactly like the Boot132 CD (they use the same files).

Do you have the OSX HDD set as the primary boot device in your bios?

I replaced the HD. It was a Seagate 6GB/Sec drive. I put in a WD Black Caviar 3GB/sec and it worked like a champ. Evidently it could not work to the MBR of the Seagate. I had two of them and neother would completely install the boot files to the MBR. Thanks so much for the work you have done. It works great. I am very pleased. Thanks.

Out of curiosity, I am looking at this, just got my new PC up and running properly in Windows. Gonna try a Hackintosh on an external eSATA drive now (and set it to boot first from it, that way when its unplugged, we go the other way!). Anyway, I know graphics questions are not supported here. Its kind of a graphics related problem and a hardware problem I'm concerned about. The Boot132 CD includes Chameleon RC 4 1.1.9 Aserebln. To get my graphics card working I need to use a Aserebin Fermi or Chameleon RC 5 2.0. Can I use either of these with this config and it keep working correctly? I'm still reading through all this, still new at it all...

The Boot132 CD will not get the Fermi based card working but you can do so once the OS is installed I believe. Install the bootloader as normal and then replace the Boot file with your Asere Fermi modded Boot file. :(

Hi, I've been trying to install mac on my comp for a few hours using this guide, but i haven't been able to get past booting the dvd.

My hardware is:

MB: P6X58D Premium

RAM: 6 GB

Processor: Intel i7 960 3.2Ghz

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 480 GTX

I've tried "-v -x cpus=4 busratio=24 arch=i386" but have never gotten passed the inital boot stage, the last few lines that come up before the installation stalls is the ethernet mac address, i think.

Reading through the post, I guessed that my video card was the problem and have been trying to find a solution to the problem, looking through a few topics, I really have no idea what I'm actually supposed to do to fix it. =\

Please tell me if I missed out anything else that might be relevant.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, I've been trying to install mac on my comp for a few hours using this guide, but i haven't been able to get past booting the dvd.

My hardware is:

MB: P6X58D Premium

RAM: 6 GB

Processor: Intel i7 960 3.2Ghz

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 480 GTX

I've tried "-v -x cpus=4 busratio=24 arch=i386" but have never gotten passed the inital boot stage, the last few lines that come up before the installation stalls is the ethernet mac address, i think.

Reading through the post, I guessed that my video card was the problem and have been trying to find a solution to the problem, looking through a few topics, I really have no idea what I'm actually supposed to do to fix it. =\

Please tell me if I missed out anything else that might be relevant.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

I'm having the same trouble as you. I have a similar setup as you, except I have the -E version of the motherboard, a Nvidia Evga 470, and Intel Core i7 Q980X.

What I think he was trying to say, is that we have to either modify boot123 to use the newer version of Chameleon or Aserebin Fermi to get the installer to boot or modify Snow Leopard by giving it a boot loader. Vanilla, release day versions of Snow Leopard, does not have any support for the new 4xx series, so it can't boot into the graphical installer because of this.

EDIT

So I took out my Nvidia 470 and replaced it with my old ATI 4850, took out 4gb of ram and just left 2gb, and I'm still getting the same issue. It just restarts the computer before its able to get to the installer. Now, if I add arch=i386, it just stays at a black screen until I do a reboot. I've tried the boot-123 that was posted here and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Both do the same thing. I know my 4850 works with OS X. Before I did my new build, I tried doing a hackintosh on my old computer, which had a DFI x48 motherboard, Intel Q9450, and my ATI 4850. I was able to successfully install Leopard 10.5.7. Only issue I had at the time was horrible 3D performance with my 4850. So I really don't know whats wrong here.

Any help would be nice.

I have been having similar issues. I'm new to hackintoshing, but I know how to follow guides, and yet none seem to be working. My specs are in my sig, and I know that the 5850 is an issue, but if someone else is stating that the 4xxx series isn't working either, I doubt my 8600 would work.

For every boot CD I try (including the V2 of the 132 Boot CD in the original post), all of them end up in my PC going to a blank screen while fans go to 100%. What is the cause of this?

I am also using a 6gb/s 1TB hard drive but I also have a 3gb/s 500gb hard drive. Should this be an issue (since I will be installing to the 500gb one)?

I am using a retail Snow Leopard CD to install it, but I also own a macbook and tried the method to restore the disc image of the snow leopard cd to an external hard drive, installing a bootloader to the usb drive, and then booting from the usb drive on windows. Am I using the wrong bootloader or is there another issue?

Help is appreciated very much.

EDIT: I also have a 9800 GTX+, can this be used for the snow leopard installation and then switch to 5xxx kext after installing?

The ATi 4xxx series will work, the 5xxx will not. Nor will the nVidia 4xx series.

For the newer cards, 5xxx and 4xx you need to either integrate the updated drivers into the install disc and use a 5xxx or 4xx enabled Bootloader or use an older card to install the OS, then install the new drivers, new bootloader and the switch cards.

I will try to build a Fermi/5xxx Boot132 CD tonight.

Please keep the graphics talk to a minimum though, people, as this isn't really the right place; installation with new graphics is fine but that's all. :)

I'm sorry i should have replied earlier, i had the same issue as you i downloaded empire efi here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yimizgizuzz

Burnt that to a cd obviously and then booted with it. No flags, but i did have to change something to do with my marvell sata controller in the bios (this could have been because i did something wrong from the first step). Then i installed. When booting your Snow Leopard partition with the cd enter the flag "maxmem=4096" excluding the quotes and continue as normal.

I think this has something to do with Fermi but just install the chameleon bootloader from the fermi thread manually and you will be fine.

Hope this helps!

Hi kup,

Please advise where can I download the updated BOOT132 CD.

Cheers, BF

I'm building a new Boot132 CD right now. It should fix a few issues I've spotted and will be using the same bootloader (AsereBLN v1.1.9) as the final installed OS will use. :D

EDIT: The BOOT132 CD has been updated. Please redownload the archive if you've had problems booting the Snow Leopard Install DVD.

I followed the directions here and set my storage type to AHCI, and to make sure my settings hadn't messed with my windows install. Upon trying to boot, Windows 7 gives me a BSOD (can't read before the reboot). So can I change the setting between the two as needed to boot between Windows and OS X? My storage devices are thus: Intel X25m 80 GB SSD, 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB HDDs at 6 GBPS (not using in OS X obviously) an LG DVD-RW and an LG BluRay ROM, and on an eSATA a 1 TB Seagate Momentus in an enclosure. An clue why this one setting gives me issues?

Edit:iPhone is acting up, I forgot to add, it seems to boot fine with -x -v -i386 -21 and got as far as "waiting for root device" "still waiting for root device" and gave up after that message about 15 times.

I followed the directions here and set my storage type to AHCI, and to make sure my settings hadn't messed with my windows install. Upon trying to boot, Windows 7 gives me a BSOD (can't read before the reboot). So can I change the setting between the two as needed to boot between Windows and OS X? My storage devices are thus: Intel X25m 80 GB SSD, 2x Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB HDDs at 6 GBPS (not using in OS X obviously) an LG DVD-RW and an LG BluRay ROM, and on an eSATA a 1 TB Seagate Momentus in an enclosure. An clue why this one setting gives me issues?

Edit:iPhone is acting up, I forgot to add, it seems to boot fine with -x -v -i386 -21 and got as far as "waiting for root device" "still waiting for root device" and gave up after that message about 15 times.

You have to enable the AHCI driver in Windows. Switch the storage type back the original setting in the BIOS, boot Windows, then follow these instructions: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976.

HEY, THANKS FOR YOUR GUIDE FOR P6X58 D PREMIUM !, I HAVE A TROUBLE, BUT IT´S SO STUPID , I´M FROM SPAIN , EXCUSE ME FOR MY ENGLISH.

"16: Now switch back to your USB stick and copy the Extra folder from the .ZIP to the root of your Snow Leopard HDD. (this is the first Folder that includes all other Folders)."

I have the snowleopard 10.6.2 working, but I don´t know, where is it or what is the root of my snow leopard hdd.

Is in HDD /SYSTEM? OR.. HDD DIRECTLY WITH THE OTHER FOLDERS??

The Question is: ¿Could you explain, where i need to copy this folder with an example??

PD: I have a GTS250 1GB , works with this tutorial?

Thanks

Thankyou so much,..

"Root" refers to the lowest point on the HDD.

I know that, but I don´t know the correct way to install in the root...

sudo -s

/ = Root

/Extra = Extra Folder

¿?????

I have an other question.. ,with efi empire RC3 I can boot snow leopard without flags .. , but your 132 chameleon boot cd doesn´t work with my graphic card.. when the first menu should show, my screen will be black.

I try to write any flags in chameleon.. for example:

-x -v arch=i386 cpus=4 . etc etc.. "Graphics Mode"...... etc etc.. But ever I have black screen

My Graphic card is a Zotac GTS250 1GB..

My question is..

What´s the diference between Efi Empire, and chameleon? Could I install your autoboot loader after an installation with efi empire ??

Thank you for your work,the guide haven´t enough details for dummy users of x86, please , tell us step by step how to do it possible.