xSuRgEx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
i cant get the ac97 sound to work with osx86
here is my board
http://support.packa...#Specifications

any ideas or is this chipset not compatable with osx86?

dogbert

dogbert

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

i cant get the ac97 sound to work with osx86
here is my board
http://support.packa...#Specifications

any ideas or is this chipset not compatable with osx86?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the SiS ICH doesn't entirely comply with the AC97 standards. some registers are swapped, and the samples are counted per bytes and not per samples.
that has already been discussed several times, so next time burden yourself with searching the forums/wiki first for *** sake.

xSuRgEx

xSuRgEx

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
thre is no need to sware @ me. I did search unlike some people do. and i coundnt find anything about my chip set. Thank you for replying.

Vesken Rogue

Vesken Rogue

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I too have searched WIKI and these forums and as of yet have not found a conclusive suggestion for Sigmatel STAC 9750 AC97 Sound card on my Dell 600m.

a2000rick

a2000rick

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Accroding to the HCL all my fellow inspiron 8600 owners have their sigmatel 9750 working, but i cant get it to.

I'm using Jas 10.4.6 install dvd

Please help

GameDr04

GameDr04

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
That's very strange that your audio doesn't work... I installed 10.4.6 Myz on my Latitude D810 and the audio, though it struggled at first, works perfectly! Actually, the system profiler doesn't recognize it and proceeds to tell me that I have no audio but iTunes and QuickTime both play sound beautifully.

EddieR

EddieR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
alright I give up, my laptop is a Sony Vaio with a sigmatel on it, but, I can't seem to find out which version, can someone look at this link and tell me if any of the current sigmatel drivers being posted here are compatable with my model laptop ??

link: h**p://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNFE550G&upd_id=2074&os_id=16

perfect0

perfect0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
I have a Sigmatel C-Major (9750) on my Inspiron 9200. I do have sound but it sounds like a can because I think the subwoofer isn't working. I've been searching for a hack to the AC97 kext but have not found any.

GinkoStar

GinkoStar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Me too i have a problem with Sigmatel STAC 9750 ac 97, in a dell inspiron 8600 jas 10.4.8. Somebody can help me? Where can i find the right drivers?

Thanks a lot

FreakyMac

FreakyMac

InsanelyFail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m and my Sigmatel 9750STAC AC97 is Natively Supported, Im Using the JaS 10.4.8 AMD SSE2 SSE3 Install DVD and it works natively, No problems here, its Runs smooth here

by the way, You guys need to read this

http://forum.insanel...mp;#entry251505

Hope it Works! :hysterical:

shakespeare2

shakespeare2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I have tried many solutions but I can't seem to get my 9750 to work, os X doesn't detect any sound device... though it works fine in my windows partition...

androsss

androsss

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a Dell Inspiron 9100, with a Sigmatel STAC 9750 AC97 sound card...i have sound, but it sucks...it needs a driver...where do i find it, and how do i fix it?can anyone help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy