[HowTo] Mobility X300; QE/CL w/ Widescreen

-Bj

66 posts in this topic

is this ONLY valid for 10.4.6???

I have been trying for weeks now to get QE and CI to work on my Dell D610 with x300 and it just refuses to work. WHAT do I have to do just to get it to work??

I'm going to scream and jump for joy the first time I finally get it to work......I've tried on three different PCs with three different video cards and I have NEVER gotten QE & CI to work! Isn't there some way to just force the system into thinking it's working so I can run iLife apps and Final Cut Pro?? Quicktime videos work fine, but none of the iLife apps want to work because I don't have QE & CI and I'm about to scream at stupid QE & CI.

Please...please.....please....

I'm running 10.4.9, what do I have to do?? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i followed this exactly.. although may have messed up. On my inspiron 9300 it just doesnt ever boot after doing all the following steps. Could someone just post their radeon kexts? or send them to me via AIM.

Other comments: this is for my dad, i am installing Tiger Jas 10.4.8. Sound works, ethernet works, just no luck with video. He actually has a real mac book.. but he spilled soda on it, no longer boots.

thanks. mtotho

didn't work for me. screen is just black. How can i change it back? or do I have to reinstall?

At boot, type -s and Enter. If it is entering direct, without boot options, type F8 to get the boot options. At command line type:

# mount -uw /

And delete Callisto Drivers with:

# rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Callisto*

Finaly, edit the ATI driver with pico:

# pico /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin/Contents/Info.plist

And return the default strings like:

<string>IONDRVFramebuffer</string>

# reboot

• 1 month later...

I did the koverg callisto patch in december, and callisto worked but koverg did not. I resigned myself to running a hackintosh without CI or QE and continued. Yesterday I had my motherboard n my dell inspiron 6000 motherboard replaced, and suddenly QE and CI worked! However, after i accidentally hard restarted my computer, QE and CI became unsupported again. Anyone have any tips?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I followed a similar tutorial and it worked however I don't have any widescreen resolutions. I do have 1280x1024 and 1400x1050. The laptop I'm using does not have a widescreen monitor but the external monitor I hook it up to is widescreen. Is there any way to manually add widescreen resolutions? I tried forcing 1440x900 and 1280x800 with boot flags but it just results in a 1024x768 resolution.

Anyone know if there's a way to add the widescreen resolution or is it really dependent on the type of laptop screen I have?

I followed a similar tutorial and it worked however I don't have any widescreen resolutions. I do have 1280x1024 and 1400x1050. The laptop I'm using does not have a widescreen monitor but the external monitor I hook it up to is widescreen. Is there any way to manually add widescreen resolutions? I tried forcing 1440x900 and 1280x800 with boot flags but it just results in a 1024x768 resolution.

Anyone know if there's a way to add the widescreen resolution or is it really dependent on the type of laptop screen I have?

What tutorial did you use? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with the x300 and can not get anything higher than 1240X800 Im also currently running 10.5.6. I would appreciate any help with this.

What tutorial did you use? I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 with the x300 and can not get anything higher than 1240X800 Im also currently running 10.5.6. I would appreciate any help with this.

I used the walkthrough from this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=332148

It includes all the files you should need.

I have actually since discovered that I can achieve 1400x1050 without adding or modifying any files. I just entered "Graphics Mode"="1400x1050x32" into the com.apple.Boot.plist file, or type it at the bootloader screen. Still trying to achieve widescreen resolution however. No luck yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully gotten the x300 working with a more modern Leopard distro....Trying to get QE/CI working on an Inspiron 9300 with a mobility X300 gpu. Would love to see something that doesn't say this works in 10.4.x with no mention of anything newer.