• 477 posts

Hi everyone,

I have installed RealtekR1000.kext

is not working

MB: GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2.0

Ethernet: Realtek 8111e PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

OS: 10.6.3 snow 64 bit kernel -->but it don't support 64 bit :D

How can i fix it?

Until Realtek releases a 64 bit version 2.0.4 AppleRTL8169Ethernet, or Bit Shoveler updates RealtekR1000SL for 8111E, you could use the Intel Gigabit CT Desktop Adapter - network adapter, Mfg. Part: EXPI9301CT, it's $40 or less.
It's supported by IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Intel82574L.kext.

Botroso1

Botroso1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, guys. I followed what you did in the post to a T, i was putting in the new patched kexts for sound and repaired using a kext utility. that went smoothly. i went to restart and got the message u need to restart your pc in like 5 languages.
After that it would not boot again at all had some kind of kernel pnaic with darwin.
does anyone no anything about this I'm stumped -_-

jayco437

jayco437

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have the same setup (rev 2 board, i7-930) and the DSDT worked like a champ. The only issues I have right now are with my video card. I have an eVGA GTS 250, which I've read is similar to the GTX 9800. I have two DVI outputs and I'm using a DVI to HDMI convertor into my monitor. My only complaint is that I can only get 1024x768 out of the card, and occasionally (using some of the settings below) 1280x1024. My monitor is capable of 1080p.

I've tried a bunch of combinations (reset after each attempt--I'm not combining all of these):

With com.apple.Boot.plist:
  • Custom EFI string
  • GraphicsEnabler=yes as a Kernel Flags
  • GraphicsEnabler as an entry (key w/ a string of Yes)

I've tried using NVEnabler 64.kext, NVInject.kext, and ATY_Init.kext, separately.

I've added my device ID to NVDAResman.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, and GeForce.kext (all at same time). I've also tried adding my device ID to each individually.

I've attempted to edit my DSDT.aml file according to the instructions in DSDTSE--applying two "hacks"; one for DTGP and one for the GTS 250. The hacks are incomplete, a few functions and references are missing. I've pieced together some code from various other sources and actually got the hacks compiled and the DSDT working (though admittedly I'm not sure that I hacked together so I will probably go back to your DSDT).

None of the above get me my 1080p, so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I noticed a few other graphics cards in the signatures--a 9800GT Silent Cell and a 285GTX. Are both/either of these cards running or capable of 1080p or at least a higher resolution? I'd like to use as much real estate on my monitor, even if I have to buy a new card.

Thanks for providing the DSDT as well!

Edit: I'd switched to 64bit after doing the 10.6.4 upgrade.

Edit: How did you get the 9800GT running? EFI? DSDT? NVInject? I suspect my issues stem from 64bit...

jay

Curt_Sanders

Curt_Sanders

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I've finally jumped into the DSDT mess and built a custom DSDT for the rev2.0 x58a-ud3r board and the i7-930 proc. I didn't include any fixes for video (GraphicsEnabler=yes takes care of basic video).

This was all done according to d00d's excellent (if overwhelming) guide, and the performance I'm seeing is better than the soemo DSDT that was posted earlier. Even startup is quite faster. System is also very stable.

** Note: you need to make the following changes to your .plists:

Thank you so much for your hard work and awesome edits! You made the process much easier. I've been using your dsdt for the last week or so without issue. Thank you!

With the dsdt you attached above you said that you didn't include and fixes for the video. Did you make any changes to the video in general. Specifically (Pci0) or Pci0.expl ? I'm asking because like Jayco437 i'm having dual monitor support issues. I've tried the "standard" kext's and i've tried to add the dsdt info from aed0101 on this thread (post #4), both with no luck. I think the contents of post #4 might be heading in the right direction, but I don't know how to properly test it with the way your dsdt is setup. When i looked at your dsdt for pci0 and pci0.expl I don't see any reference to multiple monitors and i'm at a bit of a loss as to why the pci0.expl information isn't part of the pci0 device information.

I know this isn't your issue but i would be grateful if you could provide and insight into the matter.

Respectfully,

Curt

My rig:
X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
930 - Base 200 X19 3.8Ghz stable
6 Gigs GSkill Ripjaw @ 1600
Cooler Master 212 Push and Pull (Replaced the fans) 65C MAX @ CPU=100% on 8 threads
MSI 250 1G TwinFroster (Dual DVI out) -

nullspot

nullspot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Edit: How did you get the 9800GT running? EFI? DSDT? NVInject? I suspect my issues stem from 64bit...

I literally added none of d00d's edits in DSDT for video. My 9800GT works perfectly (as a single monitor/no hdmi) at 1900x1200 with full QE, etc. with nothing but GraphicsEnabler=Yes on my AsereBLN 1.1.9 bootloader. I am also *not* using 64-bit boot mode. I probably could at this point (I bought a separate ethernet card) but haven't felt the need...

Thus I have no idea why your video is so limited...

Kunal2139

Kunal2139

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have a Rev 2 board, I tried all the other DSDTs posted on this thread, but one I had originally used on a Rev 1 board worked best for me (lower temps and better overall functionality). I have everything working including Sleep. Only problem, of course, is that the Ethernet only works in 32-bit. Workaround is to get a cheap $10 PCI Ethernet card or a cheap $10 Wireless USB Adapter. (I'm using wireless).

I'm betting a lot of issues people are having are related to driver installations and not only DSDT. This is what I did to get my rig up and running:

I did a fresh install from an existing Mac. Used UInstaller to install 10.6, then the 10.6.4 combo update. Then used ##### to install all the necessary drivers, these are the options I checked under the "Advanced Options Tab" in #####:
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Audio-­‐-­‐-­‐>LegacyHDA-­‐-­‐-­‐>ALC889
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Audio-­‐-­‐-­‐>HDAEnabler-­‐-­‐-­‐>ALC889
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Audio-­‐-­‐-­‐>AppleHDA 10.6.2
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Disk-­‐-­‐-­‐>IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector (fixes the orange hard drive icons)
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Graphics-­‐-­‐-­‐>NVEnabler
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Network-­‐-­‐-­‐>RealtekR1000SL (doesn't really help us Rev 2 people, but good to have anyway...)
Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Miscellaneous-­‐-­‐-­‐>fakesmc
Chameleon-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Chameleon 2.0 RC4
com.apple.boot.plist-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>64-­‐bit Apple Boot Screen
smbios.plist-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>iMac11,1-­‐-­‐-­‐>Core i7
Themes-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Standard Chameleon

I then copied my DSDT into the Extra folder, and also over-wrote the 'smbios.plist' file in Extra with one that identifies the machine as the latest Mac Pro, but with an i7 processor. My DSDT and smbios.plist files are attached to this post.

Note about Video: I was originally using a 9800 GT. But it had annoying issues. It hooked up fine to my monitor through DVI, but as soon as a used a DVI-to-HDMI adapter to take it to my TV, the screen went blank after the Apple boot logo. I looked it up and turns out that's a common issue with a lot of video cards (and I couldn't find a single fix). I also tried a GTS 250 and got the same issues (works fine with DVI, but no-go on HDMI). So I stick with my GT 240 'cause it just plain works without any extra futzing. A 9500 GT is also good too.

Anyway, hope all this helps. If only they came out with 64-bit versions of the Ethernet driver, we'd be set.

You can get ##### here: http://www.tonymacx8.../MultiBeast.zip

Attached Files

ocZZZ

ocZZZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Does anyone have onboard networking working with the rev 2 and 64bit install? I've tried just about everything and it's a no go. I guess I'm going to have to go grab a trendnet card tomorrow :/

ocZZZ

ocZZZ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
argh! the trendnet card is not working either. It detects in sl 64bit but is just not working. I can't get dhcp and when I set a manual IP, I can see traffic going out of the interface with tcpdump but no return. Can anyone recommend a working 1000 NIC for 64bit snow leopard? Wish I saw that rev 2 mb's had this problem before buying :/

Opes

Opes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Hello guys, and thank you for a good thread.
I also have rev 2.0

My setup:
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
Intel i7 920
H50 cooling
9800GT Silent Pipe.
3x2GB SuperTalent 1600MHz

Kakewalk installation.

My setup is almost identical to nullspot's, except for the CPU.

I have everything working except for sleep and sound.
Sound is more important for me.
I am using nullspot's DSDT.aml for 920.
I tried installing both kexts that nullspot provided in correct place, but I don't seem to get it to work.
I get no devices in Output or Input under the Sound tab in System Preferences.

Any ideas?

yschu7

yschu7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello guys, and thank you for a good thread.
I also have rev 2.0

My setup:
Snow Leopard 10.6.4
GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
Intel i7 920
H50 cooling
9800GT Silent Pipe.
3x2GB SuperTalent 1600MHz

Kakewalk installation.

My setup is almost identical to nullspot's, except for the CPU.

I have everything working except for sleep and sound.
Sound is more important for me.
I am using nullspot's DSDT.aml for 920.
I tried installing both kexts that nullspot provided in correct place, but I don't seem to get it to work.
I get no devices in Output or Input under the Sound tab in System Preferences.

Any ideas?

Hi,
My sound is lost after upgraded to 10.6.4, and I rollback the kext to 10.6.2 to get it back.
select "Advanced Options Tab" in #####: Kexts-­‐-­‐-­‐-­‐>Audio-­‐-­‐-­‐> Rollback to 10.6.2
Install & Reboot. Hope this can help.
Y.S.

stockin8

stockin8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for all the help.

My hardware is very similar to most here.
GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0
Intel i7 930
9800GT
3x2GB G.Skill 1600MHz

I have two problems. First is sleep, which works before I install the RTGMac_v2.0.4 package for the 8111E, but not after. Second, the front panel audio header is not working properly in OSX, but is correct when booting windows. I used the patched AppleHDA + Legacy889HDA kexts from post #38.

Riccard

Riccard

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have an i7 950 with this board - any changes on getting that one to work in a DSDT? I'm a total n00b on this :thumbsup_anim:

thordurm

thordurm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there.

I´ve got this mobo GA-X58-UDR3 rev 2.0. and i7 930, ASUS Engts 250 graphic card

I´ve installed Snow Leopard using EmpireEfi and installed myHack. (havent updated to 10.6.4 yet)

I Used RTGNICv2.0.4 for ethernet and it works.

Legacy889HDA.kext, AppleHDA.kext,
VoodooHDA.kext together made 889 work fully(i think).

I did try some Geforce drivers but it doesn´t seem to change anything. GTS 250 seems to work ootb.

I tried installing Envy24_SL64bit_0.20 for my Audiophile 2496 card but that doesn't work for some reason.

About this mac reports wrong hertz for my memory, should be 1333 DDR3 but is reported as 667 DDR2

Apart from that everything seems to work just fine.

So my question is: What exactly will I gain from using " x58_ud3r_rev2_dsdt.zip" and modified "smbios.plist"?

and secondly is it as simple as putting the DSDT in the "Extra/Extension" folder(and change com.apple.Boot.plist" and reboot?

I didn´t dare to use the ##### user dsdt as it seems to install new bootloader which could conflict with myhack.

Bird123

Bird123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I just ordered this processor (930) and board (not sure if it is going to be a 2.0 or not, but probably is) from newegg, along with 12GB of Cosair XMS RAM, and a GTX 260. I'll be keeping my eye on this thread as the parts roll in on Tuesday. I've only successfully done two laptops and they are exactly the same spec-wise (Dell E1705). I used the bootcd method with chameleon on the efi partition with a few kexts in E/E and 2 in S/L/E. No DSDT and video through NVInject_64. Other than the addition of the DSDT posted here, and possibly an EFI string, can I use the same method (bootcd and chameleon for the coming install in a couple of days? I am kind of confused because I see kakewalk and #####, and am not sure what they are (still researching). Thanks for any help you can give. Also will I be able to do 64-bits to take advantage of all 12 GB? Thanks!

stockin8

stockin8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bird

If you get the revision 2 mobo and install kexts for the onboard 8111E nic you will have to boot the 32-bit kernel as there is currently not a 64-bit kext for this chip. As noted in my earlier post this also broke sleep for me.

The good news is you'll be able to use 12GB with both the 64 and 32 bit kernels. OS X uses PAE so the 32 bit kernel can support more than 4GB of RAM. Using PAE limits each program (not the OS) to 4GB of RAM.

Bird123

Bird123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Bird

If you get the revision 2 mobo and install kexts for the onboard 8111E nic you will have to boot the 32-bit kernel as there is currently not a 64-bit kext for this chip. As noted in my earlier post this also broke sleep for me.

The good news is you'll be able to use 12GB with both the 64 and 32 bit kernels. OS X uses PAE so the 32 bit kernel can support more than 4GB of RAM. Using PAE limits each program (not the OS) to 4GB of RAM.

Thanks for your reply! So I should wait on the on-board ethernet if I want to take advantage of all 12 GB in one program. I did order a wireless card off of the approved list on osx86 wiki that does work with 64-bit, just in case.

Is there any reason why I should use ##### and or kakewalk over chameleon rc 3 or 4? Or do they do they all do same thing?

Still reading and researching......thanks!

.StaticA.

.StaticA.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My machine:
Core i7 930
X58A UD3R rev2
nVidia GTX 470

I've been using nullspot's suggestions and DSDT's and kexts with a USB install, and I keep running into the same problem...

FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1

This happens before I even get to install Snow Leopard. I get this error as it's loading up (the point where you have the white screen with the apple logo and the loading wheel underneath it). I've been at this all day and I'm completely stumped, not to mention frustrated.
Any ideas would be helpful. :lol:

jacoverse

jacoverse

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have onboard network working in 64bit mode on my X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Board.

I found this replacement for the IONetworkingFamily.kext which does the trick.

Hope it helps!

J
Attached File  Realtec_8111D_3264.zip   1.03MB   668 downloads
  • iDo likes this

ainokun

ainokun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I have onboard network working in 64bit mode on my X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 Board.

I found this replacement for the IONetworkingFamily.kext which does the trick.

Hope it helps!

J
Attached File  Realtec_8111D_3264.zip   1.03MB   668 downloads

Hey, I am new to posting here, but I just wanted to confirm that the above posted kext works great. After replacing the default kext in S/L/E with this new one I ran Kext Utility, restarted, then added "Ethernet" in Networking under System Preferences. Thanks Jacoverse!

I now have a fully functioning Hackintosh running 10.6.4 flawlessly besides an issue with restart. Im using NullSpot's DSDT that was updated for the i7 920. My S/L/E folder contains the AppleHDA that was posted above, and the mentioned IONetworkingFamily. My E/E folder is located on my EFI partition and contains the FakeSMC from above, JMicron36xATA, JMicron36eSATA, JMicron36xSATA, and the Legacy889HDA, which again was posted in this forum. Using NullSpot's SMBios as well.

Any ideas on how to fix the restart issue? What happens is that anytime I click "Restart" from the System Menu or from a software update OS X seemingly shuts down with the monitor, however the my system is still obviously running. Thank a lot for all the help in the thread guys/girls!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy