• Please log in to reply
653 replies to this topic

Nick Savage

Nick Savage

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

I am interested... Geekbench scores would also be interesting to see....

Thats going to be hard (or require some annoying hardware swapping); I have a 930w/1333ram in the v1 and a 950w/2000 in the v2, along with a lot of other different hardware. I doubt the changes in the v2 have a substantial effect on raw performance. I suppose I shall post about any variances I encounter when I finish pulling the 10.7 together for the v2.

Maybe the realtek nic in the v2 won't run like {censored}. I had sluggish performance with the nic on the v1. While it was under heavy file transfer loads most of my other network communication would stall out. I assumed it was the result of questionable drivers. I put a sonnet pcie card in to avoid using the onboard. (AFP capped @ 35-40MB/ss throughput w/ realtek Vs 95-100+MB/s with the marvel chipset). We shall see ;P

AkalPh00la

AkalPh00la

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey

I have this motherboard (2.0) and i have gotten alot working on it (including 2 gtx 480s and 1 8800gt at same time) but there is one thing that I cannot get working.

I got an apple wireless card from a macbook pro (BCM94321MC) and put it in a mini pci to pci x1 adaptor and now both wired and wireless connection is not working. They both can detect the connection (wired detects its connected and wireless can connect to the network) and connect, but they cannot be assigned an ip address and connect to the internet. I have manually assigned them ip addresses that are free on the router, but still cannot connect to the internet. I have tried deleting and re-adding the services and tried only have one service active at a time, but same problem. Also when I am connected with the wireless the menu airport still says that its not configured (even though the wireless bars are filled in). I have the LnxtoMac drivers installed for the connection. I have also reset and even reset to factory defaults, my router. Yet nothing.

I don't know how installing a native aiport wireless card can take out my wired connection also. When i got super frustrated I took out the wireless card, and now my wired connection started working again. The only problem I might be able to see is in the system profiler it recognizes it as a airport card but uses a kext BCM43xxx.kext and I don't know if that the right one for the BCM94321MC, and if its not right than where should I get the new kext.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks....

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I had two questions:

Does anyone have auto-detect working on the front headphones under 10.7.2?

Secondly, did anyone not have to do anything maintenance to update from 10.7.1->10.7.2 (other than AppleHDA). If so, can you please post your entire Extra folder and tell me what graphics card model you have. If you have kexts in S/L/E that you use to enable graphics please post that as well.

Thanks!

Hey

I have this motherboard (2.0) and i have gotten alot working on it (including 2 gtx 480s and 1 8800gt at same time) but there is one thing that I cannot get working.

I got an apple wireless card from a macbook pro (BCM94321MC) and put it in a mini pci to pci x1 adaptor and now both wired and wireless connection is not working. They both can detect the connection (wired detects its connected and wireless can connect to the network) and connect, but they cannot be assigned an ip address and connect to the internet. I have manually assigned them ip addresses that are free on the router, but still cannot connect to the internet. I have tried deleting and re-adding the services and tried only have one service active at a time, but same problem. Also when I am connected with the wireless the menu airport still says that its not configured (even though the wireless bars are filled in). I have the LnxtoMac drivers installed for the connection. I have also reset and even reset to factory defaults, my router. Yet nothing.

I don't know how installing a native aiport wireless card can take out my wired connection also. When i got super frustrated I took out the wireless card, and now my wired connection started working again. The only problem I might be able to see is in the system profiler it recognizes it as a airport card but uses a kext BCM43xxx.kext and I don't know if that the right one for the BCM94321MC, and if its not right than where should I get the new kext.

I was wondering if someone could help me out with this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks....

Do a fresh install with the Airport card already in place, or start deleting all of your network related plists and then re-add the devices manually in Network Settings. Sometimes if you add them in the wrong order the Airport card says "Ethernet" or vice versa.

As of this morning I now own a X58A-UD3R v2.0 in addition to the v1.0 board I have in an existing hackintosh; I'll be building a dsdt and pulling my software bits and pieces together sometime this week to get this second system up and running.
The question; is anyone following this thread interested in me posting a diff comparison of my dsdts of both boards, virgin and patched etc, or would I be repeating info already posted elsewhere.

You can use the same DSDT on a rev 1.0 board and rev 2.0 board---audio and networking are different but that is it.

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
10.7.3 without incident. Also, I switched to an AppleHDA.kext located made by our very own Toleda and hosted on TonyMac: http://tonymacx86.bl...or-onboard.html

Sounds better to me and it aided me in my quest to get HDMI working on my build.

Mostly working on my ASUS P9X79 Pro / 3930K @ 4.5GHz build ;p Everything but sleep so far! I'll make a thread for it once I get sleep working.

@ddi

@ddi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

10.7.3 without incident. Also, I switched to an AppleHDA.kext located made by our very own Toleda and hosted on TonyMac: http://tonymacx86.bl...or-onboard.html

Thanks ^_^ do we have to reapply this:>

10. Open terminal and paste:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
you may wish to backup /Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext first.

Got finally on the Lion bandwagon myself too and have still some problems to sort out.

First thanks to maleorderbride, dougaa and chuckles, is thanks to you guys that I have a running built :)

Anyway this are the tings I still cannot sort out/understand.
Got to 10.7.2 following chuckles post, lion runs fine (no performance increase here though) but
  • randomly (about 30-40% of times) on starting up I get to the login window but cannot move the mouse; or I get to the login window can move the mouse but cannot click on the name and activate the password input dialog. At that point all I can do is hard reset the pc and on the next reboot everything is fine.
  • Even if in the Bios i have all Stata controller set to [AHCI] the 2 GSata ports (the 6gbs ones Gsata6 and Gsata7 on the manual) are found as IDE. I am on FF bios update. They work fine on osx but won't work if I link them to a SSD drive (Since it is AHCI only I suppose) nor I can get SATA III speeds from them (But cannot say for sure).
  • Some times one of the monitors does not get signal at login, it is always the same one and again if I reboot all is fine. This has to do with the graphic card though I think.

One more thinks if I am to set up a raid 0, shall I do it in the bios or with disk utility?

Anyway thanks for reading up to here; I am on the latest chimera 1.7 (I think) and link my extra folder if any of you would be so kind to give it a look I would appreciate a loot :sorcerer: my spec are on the signature also.
Unfortunately even if i tried to get past just coping your files in my setup and tried to get a bit deeper in understanding what I am supposed to do, there is almost no use to it and I am stuck to relay on you guys :help:

Attached Files

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Thanks ^_^ do we have to reapply this:>

Got finally on the Lion bandwagon myself too and have still some problems to sort out.

First thanks to maleorderbride, dougaa and chuckles, is thanks to you guys that I have a running built :)

Anyway this are the tings I still cannot sort out/understand.
Got to 10.7.2 following chuckles post, lion runs fine (no performance increase here though) but

• randomly (about 30-40% of times) on starting up I get to the login window but cannot move the mouse; or I get to the login window can move the mouse but cannot click on the name and activate the password input dialog. At that point all I can do is hard reset the pc and on the next reboot everything is fine.
  • Even if in the Bios i have all Stata controller set to [AHCI] the 2 GSata ports (the 6gbs ones Gsata6 and Gsata7 on the manual) are found as IDE. I am on FF bios update. They work fine on osx but won't work if I link them to a SSD drive (Since it is AHCI only I suppose) nor I can get SATA III speeds from them (But cannot say for sure).
  • Some times one of the monitors does not get signal at login, it is always the same one and again if I reboot all is fine. This has to do with the graphic card though I think.

One more thinks if I am to set up a raid 0, shall I do it in the bios or with disk utility?

Anyway thanks for reading up to here; I am on the latest chimera 1.7 (I think) and link my extra folder if any of you would be so kind to give it a look I would appreciate a loot :sorcerer: my spec are on the signature also.
Unfortunately even if i tried to get past just coping your files in my setup and tried to get a bit deeper in understanding what I am supposed to do, there is almost no use to it and I am stuck to relay on you guys :help:

Your Extra folder frightens me. I attached my Extra, S/L/E kexts, and I actually stopped using Lnx2Mac's networking kext as I had some problems that may or may not have been due to it in 10.7.3. Bottom-line is that Realtek's official installer is fully functional for me and does not break sleep like it did in 10.6.8.

Edit: Realtek's official driver caused other problems. I am back with Lnx2Mac's driver. A fresh install of 10.7.3 seems to have dealt with the oddities I was experiencing in networking.

I recommend trying out my files, but change the SMBIOS serial number to match your current one so that you don't have to re-authenticate any apps. Your SMBoardProduct ID is not correct, which is generally a no-no. It should match your model version.

I am using the latest Chameleon 2.1, not Chimera. I attached the i386 for it as well.

You can not set up a BIOS RAID0 without a hardware RAID card. I also don't recommend it at all. Just get an SSD if you want a fast boot drive. If you want a non-booting RAID array then go ahead and use software RAID in Disk Utility.

All of my controller's are named properly and detected properly as AHCI. SATA III works fine with Lion, but the onboard marvel SATA III chip is TERRIBLE. It will top out at ~360MBp/s. Still, better than SATA II I suppose. Using my files should clear that up.

Attached Files

chuckles

chuckles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Your Extra folder frightens me. I attached my Extra, S/L/E kexts, and I actually stopped using Lnx2Mac's networking kext as I had some problems that may or may not have been due to it in 10.7.3. Bottom-line is that Realtek's official installer is fully functional for me and does not break sleep like it did in 10.6.8.

Edit: Realtek's official driver caused other problems. I am back with Lnx2Mac's driver. A fresh install of 10.7.3 seems to have dealt with the oddities I was experiencing in networking.

I recommend trying out my files, but change the SMBIOS serial number to match your current one so that you don't have to re-authenticate any apps. Your SMBoardProduct ID is not correct, which is generally a no-no. It should match your model version.

I am using the latest Chameleon 2.1, not Chimera. I attached the i386 for it as well.

You can not set up a BIOS RAID0 without a hardware RAID card. I also don't recommend it at all. Just get an SSD if you want a fast boot drive. If you want a non-booting RAID array then go ahead and use software RAID in Disk Utility.

All of my controller's are named properly and detected properly as AHCI. SATA III works fine with Lion, but the onboard marvel SATA III chip is TERRIBLE. It will top out at ~360MBp/s. Still, better than SATA II I suppose. Using my files should clear that up.

Wow, I have sleep for the first time! I've tried dozens of configuration changes, and never had sleep working. I'll find out later today if it wakes up ;) my geekbench 32bit has been about 1500 points lower since doing a clean install of 10.7.3, however the system feels 'snappier'. Thank you very much maleorderbride! your MacPro4,1.zip did the trick.

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Wow, I have sleep for the first time! I've tried dozens of configuration changes, and never had sleep working. I'll find out later today if it wakes up ;) my geekbench 32bit has been about 1500 points lower since doing a clean install of 10.7.3, however the system feels 'snappier'. Thank you very much maleorderbride! your MacPro4,1.zip did the trick.

Great! If it does not wake then make sure you have everything under System Preferences->Energy Saver checked and make sure that my edited AppleRTC.kext is installed in S/L/E. That should do it!

@ddi

@ddi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Here too thanks a lot :king: all but one of the problems I had disappeared, and the system is super stable I have been testing it for the past two weeks. And super thanks for this piece of advice really made me understand why many things went astray in the past

Btw now I am using your SMBoardProduct ID and my SMserial is it correct?

For the remaining problem I am still left with a puzzling AHCI not behaving as I expect. I got some snapshot taken in the past weeks of my Bios settings and see if I can explain what is going on.

I have all internal sata ports set to AHCI in the Bios but 2 of them keep being detected as IDE and are the Sata 3 (Gsata 6 and Gsata 7 in the manual) I have all internal ports used and I also use 1 eSata external one. I did not consider it a problem till I got myself a SolidStateDrive and tried to use the Sata 3 port for it; it won't run there since it is not AHCI. As you see in the bios as it starts it detects 2 HDD as IDE then it goes on detecting the rest and it does detect the normal 6 stata ports and then the GSata 8-9 plus eSata (Did not take a screenshot of the last two ones). After that the bootloader gets control...

I am really left with no option here any insight would be welcome.

cheers :queen: :thanks_speechbubble:

Attached Files

dougaa

dougaa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 179 posts
It wasn't too difficult to get Mountain Lion working on my machine. The main issue was with Chameleon. I have a brief post about it at http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1797584

tdk1007

tdk1007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I've been running on my hackintosh for over a year now, but have never been able to resolve my microphone issue.

Does anyone know which kext to use so that audio inputs work on this board? The OS doesn't seem to pick up any audio inputs, but output works just fine. (I'm still running Snow Leopard btw)

@ddi

@ddi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I've been running on my hackintosh for over a year now, but have never been able to resolve my microphone issue.

Does anyone know which kext to use so that audio inputs work on this board? The OS doesn't seem to pick up any audio inputs, but output works just fine. (I'm still running Snow Leopard btw)

I gave up on audio inputs (The Mic jack) long ago and went for the shortcut buying a usb mic and headphones; which works, and worked flawlessly in SnowLeopard with skype and facetime but that is all I needed a mic for. So unless you have more advanced audio input needs I guess a cheap usb mic would solve most of your audio input problems.

Cheers

tdk1007

tdk1007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
That is pretty much all I am looking for. I'll have to score a deal on a cheap mic then.

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I don't have my build anymore, but I thought that my mic worked with my driver set? Did it not? USB does work really well though and it allows you to pretty much completely ignore AppleHDA if you so choose. Get USB headphones/mic and USB 2.1 speakers and they work oob with Lion.

Also, if anyone is interested I am starting a guide over here: http://tonymacx86.co...=319743#p319743

My build is pretty much fully functional at this point other than sleep and speedstep. If moving from a Quad-core then it is about a 100% speedup in all CPU intensive applications.

Hardware:
i7-3930K @ 4.5GHz (13 on Cinebench)
32GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM
HD6870 1GB DDR5
120GB SATA III SSD

@ddi

@ddi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Hello everyone changed one of my two displays to a bigger one. Went from 22" to 27" but I don't get signal now. Everything seems fine during boot both displays are on, but the bigger one goes dark saying "no signal" at the login window. If at that point I unplug and plug the DVI cable back in the display works fine. I tried to google around but could not figure it out any advice? Would I fix it if I would buy a display port cable?
I am on 10.7.3 and with a Ati Sapphire 5870.

I think it is more related to the video card rather than the mobo so I posted it also on a Ati 5870 thread; ask here also in case in case any of you know better ^_^
Thanks

Solved by buying a display port cable :)

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Has anyone used USB 3.0 with a USB 3.0 device successfully? Mine works fine with USB 2.0 devices, shows as Superspeed in system profiler, but then doesn't detect anything that is actually a USB 3.0 device when I plug it in.

If yours works, please post your:
DSDT
PXHCD.kext

Thanks!

dougaa

dougaa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 179 posts
The current BIOS for this motherboard is now FH. The DSDT for FH is unchanged from FF, so if you want to update the BIOS from FF, you won't need a new DSDT.

@ddi

@ddi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Anyone updated to 10.7.4? Is it safe to do?

PEJonesy

PEJonesy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
10.7.4 no problems (apart from Sound as usual. Earlier kexts work fine.)

leon321

leon321

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Mountain Lion GM
good news
As we are all developpers, we can try this version... :angel_not:
Using this link:
http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1404548
it is easy to install.
Right now everything works:
network (RealtekRTL81xx.kext) (Jmicron36xATA.kext)
graphics acceleration (from the box)
sound (AppleHDA.kext)
DVD PATA (Jmicron36xATA.kext)

http://www.imagup.co...1157393845.html

Have fun

Leon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy