10.4.7 USB 2.0 **FIXED**

97 posts in this topic

Didnt do anything for me. !!! still need to disable USB Keyboard / Mouse support in Bios or i have to Disconnect and Reconnect to get USB Keyboard / Mouse to function.?

I was all excited about this fix as well, had this problem since 10.4.3, 10.4.1 was only osx86 which USB worked as normal.

For those that are still having problems (including me), would it be possible for someone to post the 10.4.1 IOUSBFamily.kext since that was the last one that seemed to work? The 10.4.1 install disc doesn't seem available anymore since it is over a year old.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could find it.

I dont know why but after apply the patch, my system still appear like this:

[b]USB Bus:[/b]

Host Controller Location:	Expansion Slot
 Host Controller Driver:	AppleUSBUHCI
 PCI Device ID:	0x24d4
 PCI Revision ID:	0x0002
 PCI Vendor ID:	0x8086
 Bus Number:	0x3d

Kensington USB/PS2 Wheel Mouse:

Version:	1.00
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 1.5 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	Kensington
 Product ID:	0x102a
 Vendor ID:	0x047d

USB MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD:

Version:	1.10
 Bus Power (mA):	500
 Speed:	Up to 1.5 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	NOVATEK
 Product ID:	0x7008
 Vendor ID:	0x04a5

That mean my best speed still only 1.5Mb/sec

Why anybody told that after install the patch, the speed is: 12Mb/sec?

Any idea?

Input devices such as keyboards and mice operate at 1.5 MB/sec. Faster devices operate at 12 Mb/sec or 480 Mb/sec.

From usb.org:

All USB 2.0-compliant systems, such as laptop, notebook, and desktop computers, must by definition support all three data rates: 1.5 Mb/s, 12 Mb/s, and 480 Mb/s. The nature of peripherals, however, creates a situation that is a little less clear. One class of peripherals may be available with either the fast data-transfer rate of 480 Mb/s or the slower data-transfer rate of 12 Mb/s. Included are:

digital cameras
  CD-ROM burners
  DVD drives
  motherboards
  flash card readers
  adapter cards
  scanners
  other products

The second class of peripherals operates at slower speeds because these peripherals do not need fast data-transfer rates. (And if they supported such performance, it would add considerably to their cost to the consumer.) These include:

* joysticks
* keyboards
* mice
* other products

They operate at the two lower data-transfer rates of either 1.5 Mb/s or 12 Mb/s.

To see the faster speed displayed, you need to plug in a device capable of the higher speed.

Thanks for this tip (IOUSBFamily from 10.4.7 developper), I got my USB ports working :

- the mouse works well

- but my external hard drive works weirdly : if I plug it before booting, nothing happens. To make it works, I have to plug it in another USB port, but sometimes i doesn't work in any port.

Furthermore, It's still running at 12Mb/s I don't know why.

If anyone can help me to solve this ?

Didnt do anything for me. !!! still need to disable USB Keyboard / Mouse support in Bios or i have to Disconnect and Reconnect to get USB Keyboard / Mouse to function.?

I was all excited about this fix as well, had this problem since 10.4.3, 10.4.1 was only osx86 which USB worked as normal.

Same to me, my rig is almost complete except for usb.

You check the System Profiler and see if the device is on "USB bus" or "High-speed bus".

Anyway, it seems that the only solution for me was to put a dummy PS2 keyboard, now I have USB 2.0.

My normal keyboard and mouse are Apple (Pro Intl Keyboard + Mighty Mouse).

Unfortunately, my MBP has gone to service for MLB replace and I'm back a member of Hackintosh community ;)

For those that are still having problems (including me), would it be possible for someone to post the 10.4.1 IOUSBFamily.kext since that was the last one that seemed to work? The 10.4.1 install disc doesn't seem available anymore since it is over a year old.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could find it.

I have same problem...I have tried the version debug of driver the IOUSBFamily 2.2.0 /10.4.1 but don' t work

This is the link of my post Link

Alright, I've tried kexts from 10.4.1, .4.3, and .4.7: none of which enable usb 2.0. This leaves the bios in question. However, my AOpen MiniPC has such a dumbed down and simplified bios setup that there is no option for disabling legacy USB. And of course, there are no bios updates available from AOpen's site for this particular model. Anybody know of some 3rd party site where there could be some custom bios flashes available? This seems to be my only option left.

I'd be fine with usb 1.1 since the box has firewire as well, but I have a USB 2.0 TV tuner that I'd really like to use with it. Firewire tuners are just insanely expensive, so I'm trying to keep to a low budget.

I have the same problem that most users had before even applying the fix. Right now in order for a usb device to work correctly it has to be inserted into one usb port, taken out of that port, and then inserted again into a different usb port. Before the fix, no matter how many times a device was inserted and taken out it would only show up in the System Profiler. Disabling Legacy support it not an option in my BIOS. Any ideas?

-Sedrick

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I used to have a lot of problems with USB, I kinda messed around with my 10.4.6 USB kext. Removed files, put in files. Safe to say, now my bluetooth works. Doesnt work on native 10.4.6. The only problem is that a over current message comes at bootuop which I ignore.

Anyway heres my kext.

IOUSBFamily.kext.zip

Well.... Maybe I flubbed up.

:D I'm running 10.4.8, installed new drivers, not log version, for the 10.4.8 version. No USB activity, period. :compress: Deactivated legacy. Nothing. I am considering formatting and starting back over with 10.4.6, then to 4.7. My notebook isn't being too friendly with the new update. :pirate2: Is there anyway to just revert back to 4.7?

Thanks,

Chad@CondoneThis

The kext did the job for me. No USB worked, but after installing the new kext it worked like a charm. Legacy USB support DISABLED. I tried with Logitech Control Center after that but then my mouse only worked if I changed USB port a few times after entering the OS.

My USB 2.0 hub also works.

My iPod Nano is recognized as 480Mbit/s device.

Hi, I tried this but it didn't work for me, I couldn't even install the PKG.

Currently if I boot my mac disk I have no USB keyb or mouse - so can't do anything at all.

So I booted in VMware and downloaded the file for 10.4.7, run the PKG without 'log' in the name, and I get the USB installer program up, however after about 15 seconds of running the mouse cursor changes to the spinning colour-wheel and stays like it. I can't do anything with the installer then, even if I quit it and try again the same happens. Help?