incredible.

wanna sell it?

pubjoe

pubjoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Very very nice. Well done. Looks a bit alien.

Also, great job cramming everything in neatly.

hipunk

hipunk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
wow, mine looks awful in comparison to that. really nice (and a lot) work.

I-Heine-I

I-Heine-I

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Very nice mod! I think most people prefer the G5 cases over the G4 but you are making something very nice of it! Keep up the good work ;)

Schmov17

Schmov17

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Beautiful job! I'm blown away. As I myself am nearing completion of my own G4 build, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you could help me with.

First, you said that you kept the original front power/reset switch. Could you provide me the pinout that you used to make it work with your mobo? I found a few how-to's online but they're not working for me.

Second, what did you use to cut out the motherboard support holes in the plastic internal latch? I tried drilling the holes, but ended up cracking the thinner part near the top. Now I have to hunt down a new one online *grumblemumble*.

Thanks for any support you can provide, and again phenomenal job.

laithmeister

laithmeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Love what you did with G4. I think it looks a whole lot better than the real deal from apple. It sure as hell runs faster. Its a MONSTER. I am jealouse...... :queen:

WooHu

WooHu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
I've just had over exposure to pure awsomeness (lol)

Photograph

Photograph

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
:) Thanks everybody, my next Mac mod will be starting sometime soon over at Overclock.net once the summer is all wrapped up.

incredible.

wanna sell it?

Make me an offer, and I'll let you know if that works for me ;)

Beautiful job! I'm blown away. As I myself am nearing completion of my own G4 build, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you could help me with.

First, you said that you kept the original front power/reset switch. Could you provide me the pinout that you used to make it work with your mobo? I found a few how-to's online but they're not working for me.

Second, what did you use to cut out the motherboard support holes in the plastic internal latch? I tried drilling the holes, but ended up cracking the thinner part near the top. Now I have to hunt down a new one online *grumblemumble*.

Thanks for any support you can provide, and again phenomenal job.

I didn't use the original pinout from the front panel switch as the G4 used a common ground unlike ATX boards so I simply soldered the wires that attach to the motherboard directly to the old switch terminals making sure to sever the old circuits to avoid any shorts.

The plastic latch was cut using a Rotozip cutting tool, makes a lot of chips going through plastic but it fairly easy to work with even when cutting brittle material.

KiepDenThui

KiepDenThui

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh my god !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can't believed
how did they do that?

papus96

papus96

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Fantastic mod!!!

One question - Where's the hole for the power cable? I cannot see it on any of the pictures. Since the power supply is on the front, it has to come out somewhere.

Papus96!

Photograph

Photograph

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Fantastic mod!!!

One question - Where's the hole for the power cable? I cannot see it on any of the pictures. Since the power supply is on the front, it has to come out somewhere.

Papus96!

It plugs in from the bottom of the case ;)

byovic

byovic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I stumbled upon two of these cases on craigslist and have stated one with your exact paint scheme. Love it love it and its coming along quite sick. If i keep and use both cases I may do the other in opposites (white front, black sides) if so i'll def post. Great job man

eelhead

eelhead

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Awesome work, great detail!

ruben rodenas cebrian

ruben rodenas cebrian

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
o dios mio es increíble lo que hiciste o love

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy