• 14 posts
I'll take one when you are ready for the next batch. Thanks

marksm7

marksm7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I would like to get one my self if you decided to make more.

wakasaki

wakasaki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Hi, I would really like 2 sets please! I'm in UK

Cheers...Chris

Jimmy Byrnes

Jimmy Byrnes

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
So... can you teach us how to make the cable? Thanks.

nuyawker2000

nuyawker2000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
does anyone know what gauge wire he used to insert into the 18 pin connector, or can someone recommend what gauge. This is a very small connector 3/4" by 1/8". I am not good at soldering so would prefer re-wiring the connector.
If anyone is selling them I will buy one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

pukujuhla

pukujuhla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
can we just make these out of the original short connector cable that is already in a G5. Just cut the wires accordingly and add new ones in correspondence with the diagram or am I missing something?

Tx

enjoyfebruary

enjoyfebruary

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

does anyone know what gauge wire he used to insert into the 18 pin connector, or can someone recommend what gauge. This is a very small connector 3/4" by 1/8". I am not good at soldering so would prefer re-wiring the connector.
If anyone is selling them I will buy one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The best I found was 26AWG. Hope that helps! Take care. Dan.

AlohaCab

AlohaCab

G5 ATX cables. Made in the USA.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Still serving the hackintosh community with high quality G5 front panel I/O cables. Shipped from...
I ordered all the parts last night and will be making my first batch of 10 cables. One will be for me (which is the reason why I'm doing this ;) ). If it all works out, I have no problem making more.

I'm not going to try and recreate the wheel here. My cable will look identical to the cable by dontthroworanges. Right down to the braided sleeving and heat shrink tubing on the ends.

Hopefully the parts show up this week and I can make and test the first one right away and start shipping out cables next week.

PRICE UPDATE: I think dontthroworanges was selling the cable for $25. Unfortunately, because I'm in California and the parts came from a local supplier I had to pay tax and shipping. Not to mention the price of some of these parts may have changed since people started investigating this cable back in 2007. Having said that, I'm anticipating this cable coming out between $35-38.

Pictures of finished cable coming...stay tuned.

My G5 case mod thus far:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

pokwer

pokwer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

I ordered all the parts last night and will be making my first batch of 10 cables. One will be for me (which is the reason why I'm doing this :lol: ). If it all works out, I have no problem making more.

If you end up doing this please let me know... I'd like to buy 3 straight up if possible :D

Nostre

Nostre

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
is there one left, i live in germany

AlohaCab

AlohaCab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Still serving the hackintosh community with high quality G5 front panel I/O cables. Shipped from...
UPDATE: Ok, just about done. Wow these things take forever to make!! I'll have 9 cables ready to go. One was for myself. I'll post a picture tomorrow of the finished cable. But it looks identical to the great job donthroworanges did. I bought the identical parts.

Stay tuned..

pukujuhla

pukujuhla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

UPDATE: Ok, just about done. Wow these things take forever to make!! I'll have 9 cables ready to go. One was for myself. I'll post a picture tomorrow of the finished cable. But it looks identical to the great job donthroworanges did. I bought the identical parts.

Stay tuned..

Awesome!

Please count me in for one!!

Tx
:(

blu3_v2

blu3_v2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Stay tuned..

Count me in as well. I too am interested in purchasing a finished cable. Can't wait to see the pics.

AlohaCab

AlohaCab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Here you go.

These are 30" cables, same as the original ones posted (all credit goes to donthroworanges) with 18" being braided and 12" being on each individual connector.

You'll notice that I put a small white dot on the cable of the USB connector to notate USB +5V and help you put it in the right orientation on your motherboard header. I also put a dot on one of the single leads to notate POWER BUTTON+.

I may make a cable tester if this becomes a habit, because testing each individual pin is time consuming. If you put together a small circuit with 18 LED's and a mb header pin you could very easily test this finished cable. For now a continuity meter will have to do.

Anyway, enjoy.

I can start shipping as soon as I get email addresses to send paypal invoices to and addresses to figure shipping costs.

Don't worry, if all 9 sell out I'll make another batch for the group. I know they are wanted and I already invested in the damn tools.

I think so far I got a private email for 4.

-Peter

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

pokwer

pokwer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
PM sent! :)

neil43

neil43

Grey Beard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Me too! PM = Another Buyer.

neil

Barnezilla

Barnezilla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'll take one asap! You have a new PM.

pukujuhla

pukujuhla

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
PM sent, in for 1

Didn;i include address but the zip is 55303

AlohaCab

AlohaCab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts
I'll get everyone shipping costs today if I can. FYI, only 3 cables left. I'll try and get them all shipped out this week.

macrj2

macrj2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

I'll get everyone shipping costs today if I can. FYI, only 3 cables left. I'll try and get them all shipped out this week.

PM sent. Thanks.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy