[GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G41M-ES2L (USB Method)

DaveVegas

134 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Install with dvd r9 without problem.

Update 10.6.3 OK,

Install Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Post Installer v2.3.mpkg OK

Update 10.6.4 OK

Thanks Ridgeline

Bob

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

CPU Core 2 duo E4600 (2.4Ghz) DSDT Generic

2 x 1Go DDR2 kingston

Nvidia 8600 GT 512Mo

HDD hitachi 250Go SATA

DVD LG SATA

Hi all,

Install with dvd r9 without problem.

Update 10.6.3 OK,

Install Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Post Installer v2.3.mpkg OK

Update 10.6.4 OK

Thanks Ridgeline

Bob

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

CPU Core 2 duo E4600 (2.4Ghz) DSDT Generic

2 x 1Go DDR2 kingston

Nvidia 8600 GT 512Mo

HDD hitachi 250Go SATA

DVD LG SATA

Use pstate changer and get me the pstates for your processor and I will make a custom dsdt for you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
try repairing permissions with disk utility for a start

hello ridgeline, I tell you that eh installed all welcome but the video shows me no acceleration but if I have multiple resolutions ... might my card is a

Asus 512mb silent en8400gs

video.tiff

Okay if you can add a widget and the screen ripples you have full acceleration, I have yet to hear of anybody with your card and resolution change not be accelerated though.

Ridgeline hello, whether it is when I add a widget shows the waves, that means I'm having acceleration but does not show OpenCL / QE / CI

Snow Leopard unlike leopard does not show the QE/CI if you have the waves you are good

Thanks Ridgeline. hey buy a new video card which I recommend that all these problems, of course it is nvidia. I have $ 180

my features

G41M-es2l rev. 1.1

Core 2 Quad Q8300

Kingston 2 GB DDR2

400GB Hd wester D.

Hd 250gb wester D.

Asus 512mb silent en8400gs

LG Dvd Rw

Multi Memory Reader

Luxury hp Cabinet

M-Audio Keystation

ALL WORK

USB installation Kakewalk2.2

post-580636-1280781172_thumb.jpg

cap.tiff

Thought someone from this thread might want to try my dsdt for g41m-es2l

Basic speed step for and core2, you don't need to configure it but will only give basic highest and lowest.

Lots of other fixes everything working including auto sleep.

all unnecessary devices removed, NO PS2

audio only works with kext from 10.6.2 or older.

Included DSDT with nvidia graphics and a DSDT with no graphics

Only 2 kexts in Extra folder legacy alc888b and fakesmc

dsdt_and_extensions.zip

Hi guys, really thanks for your efforts. You really do amazing work.

I have an old PC with Pentium D processor and old Gigabyte mobo (dont' remember the model) running Leopard 10.5.7 (setup done by iDeneb distro) as a test. I'm planning to build the following PC and use your guide:

- GA-G41MT ES2L mobo.

- Processor E7500 (C2Duo 2.9/3 L2) OR E8400 (C2Duo 3.0/6 L2) still not sure which to choose.

- 4GB Kingestone DDR2 OR DDR3. Depending on the Cash I have :)

- I already have an old nVidia 6200 video card that works great on 10.5.7. but near I will grab an 9400 or 9500 one.

- 640GB WD SATA HD (already have)

- SAMSUNG SATA DVD drive (already have and works great with 10.5.7)

- I use a TP-Link USB stick for WiFi (working good with 10.5.7) using this driver (RT73_1.1.1.0)

My questions:

- Is this build really stable and considered as an alternative for real mac (I'm talking about iMac, Mac pro is far expensive for me now), since I'm planning to use it in graphic and web design purposes (Adobe photoshop, illustrator and dreamweaver)... etc, Not just for fun.

- Will I need any other driver/kext for the WiFi USB stick to get it work on SL 10.6.xxxx ?

- What I should to do to get my old 6200 video card work, just until I bought a new 9400/9500 one? is there any suggested setting or needed drivers or kexts?

Any idea or suggestiones will be appreciated. Thanks guys :)

• 3 weeks later...

Guys I ran into a stupid problem. I accidentally installed myHack into my hard drive (where the os boots from). Now boot file is messed up and my mac mini does not boot up from hard drive partition 1 even after reinstall. I have important data on other partitions so I don't want to format the entire hard drive. Could someone give me a solution please?

Hi guys, really thanks for your efforts. You really do amazing work.

I have an old PC with Pentium D processor and old Gigabyte mobo (dont' remember the model) running Leopard 10.5.7 (setup done by iDeneb distro) as a test. I'm planning to build the following PC and use your guide:

- GA-G41MT ES2L mobo.

- Processor E7500 (C2Duo 2.9/3 L2) OR E8400 (C2Duo 3.0/6 L2) still not sure which to choose.

- 4GB Kingestone DDR2 OR DDR3. Depending on the Cash I have :)

- I already have an old nVidia 6200 video card that works great on 10.5.7. but near I will grab an 9400 or 9500 one.

- 640GB WD SATA HD (already have)

- SAMSUNG SATA DVD drive (already have and works great with 10.5.7)

- I use a TP-Link USB stick for WiFi (working good with 10.5.7) using this driver (RT73_1.1.1.0)

My questions:

- Is this build really stable and considered as an alternative for real mac (I'm talking about iMac, Mac pro is far expensive for me now), since I'm planning to use it in graphic and web design purposes (Adobe photoshop, illustrator and dreamweaver)... etc, Not just for fun.

- Will I need any other driver/kext for the WiFi USB stick to get it work on SL 10.6.xxxx ?

- What I should to do to get my old 6200 video card work, just until I bought a new 9400/9500 one? is there any suggested setting or needed drivers or kexts?

Any idea or suggestiones will be appreciated. Thanks guys :)

Some comments:

1) I don't think the 6200 gfx card will work under snow leopard in 64 bit mode. It may work in 32 bit mode. If you are willing to buy a new gfx card, go with the 9500 as it will work out of the box with Ridgeline's post installer.

2) Unless the motherboard has something you need, I would stay with the G41M-ES2L. That is the one that is known to work with the DSDTs in Ridgeline's post-installer. It may be that the two boards are similar enough that things will work out, but I don't know anyone that has tried it.

3) I think Ridgeline also uses the TP-Link for his wifi. His post-installer has an option for installing a driver for it.

I have built 3 systems on this motherboard and they are all rock solid. I use one of them everyday, use another one as a server.

The hac you are building will run the Adobe suite of applications just fine.

Good luck,

h50

Just want to chime in that there is a new revision of G41M-ES2L, rev, 1.4.

I ordered this MB from NewEgg two weeks ago and on the box it says Rev 1.4 with F9 Bios.

There are some differences -

The LAN chipset is now 8111E, so the existing G41M guides's drivers wouldn't work. I've downloaded the 8111E kext from this thread, and placed it at /E/E. It's working perfectly now.

The sound codec is also different. I haven't been able to get the onboard audio to work using the existing guides, so for now I am just using USB sound. I haven't dug too deep into it yet, but it seems like it's a 887.

Wake from USB2(ECHI) devices are not working - I am not sure if this is also a symptom of previous revs, but I've been able to get it to work by applying MM67's DSDT patch.

Auto sleep isn't working. It might be because I have e6600, using ridgel1ne's generic dsdt. I will look into this - or maybe I'll just try out chameleon rc5 to auto detect c and p-states.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@ridgeline,

Thanks for the great help. I grabbed some of your files and used your DSDT. You have done great work with the DSDT. That for the most part will break or make a great Mac Clone and because of you I have I would say 100% Mac Clone.

Couple quick questions:

I have the Intel Core 2 Duo QUad 2.5GHZ model Q9300, system ram 4 GB, and a Galaxy 8400GS 256MB which is fine for me at $24 US.

I also have just acquired a Intel Core 2 Duo Q8300 45 NM 95 Watt. I think this Processor is a better performer over the Q9300, but I may be wrong?

So now I get to my point, WIll I need to re-extract a DSDT with either one of these processors? I am using Chameleon 2 RC5 r616. I don't need a smbios.plist although I see only 4 states for Speedstep. Maybe I need a smbios.plist and put in iMAC8,1?

I have dropSSDT=yes in my com.apple.Boot.plist since you have both the _PSS and _CST CPU script in the DSDT. Is this correct or do I need dropSSDT=no?

I have the Gigabyte Model GA-G41M-ES2L revision 1.4 Bios F9. This will make a difference to? Do you have this exact model, revision and Bios? If not I suppose I have to extract a fresh DSDT from either Linux or a Non DSDT override OS.

Although I have to say your DSDT is working Perfectly!!! They say never to use another person's DSDT unless they have the exact MB, Revision and Bios and even then you could have a different CPU and memory. Not exactly sure how this could affect the memory address script in the DSDT for both CPU and memory differences?

I can't seem to get audio nor Lan to work unless I use VoodooHDA for audio and a Lan kext from kexts.com, which is fine. There must be a difference in Audio and Lan chipsets in Rev 1.4? I am also using the FakeSMC by Slice with Monitoring and it works great with VoodooMonitor.

Temps are around 48 for each core.

Thanks again and hope you can answer the majority of my questions?

Edited Next Day:

I would be interested in your SMBIOS for both MacPro and iMAC script, or if you only have one SMBIOS.plist that will be fine to.

Thanks

EDITED 10-28-10

I went ahead and extracted my own DSDT with Ubuntu Live CD.

I made all the mods as you did. Not much in a way of modifications. I have a couple questions. It seems that I cannot get the CPUxCST ssdt files to extract only the CPUxIST files and CPUpm are the only SSDT tables that will extract. SO I do not know what CST and PSS script to replace yours with? I would think they would be different? How were you able to manage to get that script?

I also noticed a couple sections of my DSDT are a bit different maybe my MB version 1.4 or Bios version F9? One section was the HPET I had to remove the extra ATT3 and ATT4 script from there or I would get a kernel panic saying CPU2 HPET not defined. I also notice 2 sets of IRQs in the HPET. I just basically replicated your HPET with mine and removing the script that caused the kernel panic. Did you have a kernel panic at first after modding the HPET section of the DSDT?

Other question is in regards to adding some operating region just after the header and processor. It almost looks like it was added for shutdown fix? The gigabyte threads show this OperatingRegion and the rest of the script all in the PTS section and it looks like you separated out the OperatingRegion and placed it closer to after the CPU section? I will look it up and paste it here for reference a little later. For now have a look at some of the differences I posted in another thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1571343

EDITED AGAIN NEXT DAY:

Solved:

See all of Page 2:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1572081

Just want to chime in that there is a new revision of G41M-ES2L, rev, 1.4.

I ordered this MB from NewEgg two weeks ago and on the box it says Rev 1.4 with F9 Bios.

There are some differences -

The LAN chipset is now 8111E, so the existing G41M guides's drivers wouldn't work. I've downloaded the 8111E kext from this thread, and placed it at /E/E. It's working perfectly now.

The sound codec is also different. I haven't been able to get the onboard audio to work using the existing guides, so for now I am just using USB sound. I haven't dug too deep into it yet, but it seems like it's a 887.

Wow. You saved my sanity. I have followed the installs in this and other threads but could not get sound or ethernet. In fact, the last try yielded a blue screen with very, very faint desktop.

Are you sure about the sound? According to the Gigabyte website, all four revs use the ALC888B code. The first three do use the RTL8111C/D/(L) chip while the 1.4 version uses the RTL8111E chip.