[GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard DVD install for G41M-ES2L (USB Method)

DaveVegas

134 posts in this topic

Sorry guys been busy and working on something else, I will make different image file that can be burned by mac and windows and pending on your install you can update to 10.6.3

If you have sleepenabler remove it

It will break audio but mostly you will just need to reinstall the applehda.kext from 10.6.2

If not using dsdt may cause other issues

Ridgeline,

I took out the SleepEnabler and successfully updated to 10.6.3. I originally used the guide by DaveVegas. I downloaded the new 10.6.3 sleepenabler and tried to install using Kext Helper. The program freezes and cannot restart. I have to force quit Kext Helper. Any suggestions.

I also tried your "Gigabyte" Installer but cannot find the SleepEnabler like "MyHack". Do you have this added??

I also tried your DSDT. When I use MyHack to try to fix it, after 10.6.3, I get KP. I was able to manually remove the bad SleepEnabler using my iMac and able to boot it up again. How do I get the right SleepEnabler installed??

I think there was a point where i dragged the sleepEnabler to Extra folder and it would sleep, but when I wake it up, it reboots. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

This is my setup:

Mobo G41M-ES2L / E6500

4GB PC6400 Crucial

ASUS 8400GS 512MB

750 WD SATA

Pioneer DVDR IDE (sleep worked when 10.6.2) ;)

Thanks

:(

Okay well I am glad your update went well first off you should not randomly switch back and forth between post nstaller program. With my post installer it includes my dsdt which should work great based o. Your build and you should not need sleep enabler. You should have native speedstep and sleep.

Thanks Ridgeline... I was a little confused while following this post. I will try your installer and see what happens. Native sound and sleep will definitely be a plus. I will let you know what happens. Im going to start from the begining...

ridgeline,

I re-installed osx and used your "Gigabyte" post installer, standard.

I also updated to 10.6.3. Sound works great!!! Sleep seems to work, but when I woke up the computer by wiggling and clicking mouse, the computer reboots. I tried a couple of times and it reboots all the time when waking up the computer.

What am I doing wrong?? Do you have a guide??

thanks for your help....

bayani go to energy saving under system preferences and check the box marked restart on power failure. This should take care of the wake from sleep issue. Let me know once you have had a chance to try it.

thanks, I will try this when I get home tonight and let you know.

What I also remember after the update is the solid top bar.

No Quartz Extreme for 10.6.3??? I'll check it when i get home, but Im sure I have the solid bar instead of opaque one.

ok for anyone interested I got wifi working on 10.6.3. I am using netgear wn311b.

I used bcm43xx_enabler.sh which can be found herehttp://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t51725.html

Open terminal and type sudo, then just drag and drop the shell file in terminal and hit enter then follow instructions.

Then I had to add AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext which can be found here http://rapidshare.com/files/292807445/Appl...cm4311.kext.rar

Then I extracted the rar file to get the kext, then I opened the kext with textwrangler and added device id "pci14e4,4329" to /Contents/Info.plist under <key>IONameMatch</key>. save then drag and drop into kextutility and let it do its magic.

Restart your computer and go into network options and it will set up under automatic.

I am using a netgear wnr2000 router and just used the disk to set up the security on the network.

when you plug your router in make sure you unplug your modem so everything will reset when you start up your wireless router and it will show up as airport.

wn311b was $60.00 and the router was $70.00

Nice nandor very good write up I have had to use that enabler script before on a dell studio that makes since it would work for you.

Just a side note. I have noticed that my dsdt works for some and not others for Vanilla sleep and speedstep. This has to do with processor selection as my dsdt was designed for a E7300 Core 2 Duo 2.66ghz.

I can easily help any and all get this fixed so you can have a fully working system with as few extra kexts as possible.

The problem lies at all of us using different processors, each processor has multiple pstates . some may only have 3 mine for example have 5. I can help you with this it will not take long and all I need you to do is a very basic process to get me your pstates.

I have attached a folder that has a pstate kext that you can install with kext utility and then run the pstate changer program once the kext is installed. select the pState. and use grab or take a picture and email or post it and I will modify the dsdt to your correct pstates and post back to you. Once again most issues with sleep are related to an incorrect scope in the dsdt as the one I packaged includes my scope. It will not take long and you will run cooler with more accurate speed step. Please include your processor model with the pstate picture as I will start a library so I only have to do this once

pstate.jpg

voodoopstate.zip

hi guys,

following this guide i've founded the right way to install and configure my hackintosh (my conf in signature) so thank you so much for help and for sharing.

now i have just some question to optimize that configuration:

- the Q6600 processor seems to be 10C hotter in SL than W7

- i need a .img to use with EasyBDC or a hint to find a solution for my double hard drive boot (one with W7 and one with SL)

thank you man!

Setting up a dual hard drive dual boot is kinda odd. in My opinion.

But should be pretty straight forward.

Go Into bios and select which HDD you want to put Windows 7 on and move it to the top slot for boot.

Install windows yeah!!!

Go back into bios, select the drive you either have SL on or Want it on move it to the first slot.

Chameleon is on a small partition on the SL Drive it will see the secondary drive you have W7 on and allow you to select at boot which OS to use.