[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Here are some links to the drivers sea_man is talking about...

http://netkas.org/?p=465 ATI 5xxx

http://netkas.org/?p=455 Fermi

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1438518

If anyone has the hardware let us know if it works. There is nothing motherboard specific about the drivers but if you are using DSDT based graphics support you need to switch to a plain DSDT instead.

For ATI 5xxx you have to boot 32bit and use GraphicsEnabler=n

For Fermi you can use GraphicsEnabler=y after you update your boot loader from the insanelymac link above.

iBdb -

I added a signature. The drive I'm having trouble with is an internal hard drive. I have no doubt the problem is something I'm doing wrong, and not a problem with the installer.

After working with this today I think I've found a better question to ask: Is there a set of terminal commands that will restore a hard drive that was previously used with the Chameleon installer that this string of notes is based upon, to a state that it can be used again in the same way? (i.e., so that SL will see it?)

I've tried repartitioning the disk using Disk Utility, and also used terminal commands to reformat the EFI partition to an HFS+ partition, with no success. In every instance the SL installer doesn't detect the drive (nor does the Disk Utility that os part of the SL install disk). The drive is recognized in my other Macintosh systems without problems, and in fact I can load SL on it without trouble - just not in the Hackintosh.

I also tried other drives that have not been previously used with this Chameleon installer, and the SL installer has no trouble with any of them.

I suspect it is something simple, but I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think some people had issues like that in the past and they needed to move the drive to either the SATA0 or SATA1 connector on the motherboard.

If something is corrupted on the disk you might be able to "reset" it with dd:

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdiskX bs=512 <-- replace X with the appropriate drive number

Let it run for a bit and you can hit Ctrl-C when you think it has zeroed out enough sectors. I'm assuming you have backups of any data on the drive. You might want to unplug all but the problem drive when you run the dd command so you don't wipe the wrong drive by accident.

alright so I have tried the USB install method as well now........I've followed both post #1 and #2 to the 'T' and I still get boot0:error when trying to boot with out the cd in. I've marked partion as active, and I've selected i930 for my DSDT....all options in bios that are supposed to be set are set......I'm kinda stuck here.....any ideas????

p6t deluxe v2

i7 930

9800 GT 512 MB Evga GeForce

6GB RAM

ASUS DVD ROM

1.5TB WD Drive............

Also have you tried adding AppleVIAATA kext or using only 1 Ram stick.

I had just started to use the above RC5 pre8 successfully. Last night (late) while doing more at once than I probably should (installing 3rd party software trying to get wifi card & 4870x2 working) somewhere I had orange icons reappear, lost sound and shutdown (hard disk's).

I doubt this was RC5 pre8, more likely tired & messed up somewhere. ;)

here your custom DSDT --> 3.3_975.GTX250.GT8400GS.zip

Delete EFI STRINGS in c.a.B.p

Fabio

Hi Fabio, many thanks for this. I'm still getting a crash as it goes into full graphics. I can't seem to find any messages that refer to the crash though. Will try to identify it.

here your custom DSDT --> 3.3_975.GTX250.GT8400GS.zip

Delete EFI STRINGS in c.a.B.p

Fabio

Hi Fabio, many thanks for this. I'm still getting a crash as it goes into full graphics. I can't seem to find any messages that refer to the crash though. Will try to identify it.

Well I was finally able to get it to boot.....I ended up reinstalling everything and instead of 1 partition I did two, with one being about 10GB....I ended up putting Chameleon on there and now Chameleon will boot up with out a cd in so Imma call it good.....now if I could just get windows to boot up :)

Thanks a lot to everyone on here....u guy's have done some amazing work!!!!!!!!!

If windows on separate H/D (Preferable) remove/unplug 'Snow' Drive, set Bios back to IDE from AHCI

run/start/instal windows. Change windows to run on AHCI (Google it) Note programmes offered to do this

did not work for me. After Shutdown Windows (Bios should be back AHCI if you follow directions). Plug

'Snow' Drive in "1st" SATA Port {(some call '0' other's '1')Important}.

Start up & Select your preferred O/S in Chameleon.. Done :thumbsup_anim:

The link dgobe placed just previous is an especially "Windows Friendly" Chameleon Version

and I would recommend update to this version.

Also if you did have a windows Disk connected when doing Snow install this could of caused your Boot problem/s (as it was not in your sig. did not take this into account)

When I try to boot of the boot132 CD I get an error.

"isolinux: Image checksum error, sorry"

Anybody got an idea why? I already tried redownloading and reburning, but still no luck.

Managed to get SL installed!

Exchanged my DVD for the later version 10.6.3 as I had no luck booting from my original 10.6 DVD but with the new 10.6.3 DVD it booted but I still had the stupid IOAPIC Vector error!! Stripped everything out I could: 2nd GFX card, sound card, 2nd HDD, IDE DVD and 2nd SATA DVD then set BIOS to EXACTLY as in the first post and STILL got stuck at IOAPIC Vector error???

Only after pulling out my 6GB RAM (3 x 2GB) and messing about in different slots (can't use the black ones on the ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 if you don't have 6 sticks of RAM) I finally got it to boot past IOAPIC with 4GB, christ it's only took me a week or more just to get to the point I can install!! So I now install to my dedictaed OSX disk (a 2.5" 120GB Notebook HDD partitioned into 2) and followed the rest of the guide. Patched the Audio with the fix on the Chameleon CD and rebooted and got a working install, but very unstable!!

Problems I'm having are:

Eject (Top Right on Finder bar) does not eject, in fact it just hangs.

Right click and eject CD/DVD icon on desktop won't work, so can't get the CD/DVD out of the drive!!

Then other things stopped working like Sytem Preferences won't load, Force Quit won't open, Log me out won't work, About This Mac won't open so I basically have a useless system I can't logoff, quit, shutdown or restart!!! So I have to press the 'reset' button on the case, so now I have an install that is unuseable?

How can I get it stable?

I also noticed the clock is 1hr slower in Windows 7 (I saw a fix but can't find where now?)

Sorry to whinge but after a solid week of hair pulling and banging my head aginst a wall and getting absolutely nowhere, to now having got it installed only to find it's unstable is a bit soul destroying, someone help and point me in the right direction please!

zuc Not including your signature is like asking us how big the pebble is on the road outside your house..

BarryB

As with any software install it's always advisable to strip system to basic's (guess you know that now).

Asus Mobo manual suggest's you to fill orange slots first.

Most importantly OSX as far as I Know does NOT support Blue Ray Natively although there is good 3rd party software for this once running. The fact you got as far as you did deserves a pat on the back. I would try start again using a DVD Burner/player, including burning iso again just to be sure of no conflicts then after search for Blue Ray install solutions..

If windows on separate H/D (Preferable) remove/unplug 'Snow' Drive, set Bios back to IDE from AHCI

run/start/instal windows. Change windows to run on AHCI (Google it) Note programmes offered to do this

did not work for me. After Shutdown Windows (Bios should be back AHCI if you follow directions). Plug

'Snow' Drive in "1st" SATA Port {(some call '0' other's '1')Important}.

Start up & Select your preferred O/S in Chameleon.. Done :thumbsup_anim:

The link dgobe placed just previous is an especially "Windows Friendly" Chameleon Version

and I would recommend update to this version.

Also if you did have a windows Disk connected when doing Snow install this could of caused your Boot problem/s (as it was not in your sig. did not take this into account)

Thanks, yeah I had tried to update to the new installer, but it was still giving me problems (still had the old bootloader screen coming up) so yeah after a fresh install everything worked great.....I kinda figured thats what I would have to do for windows......going to work on that, network and sound tonight....WOOOOO almost there :)

BarryB

As with any software install it's always advisable to strip system to basic's (guess you know that now).

Asus Mobo manual suggest's you to fill orange slots first.

Most importantly OSX as far as I Know does NOT support Blue Ray Natively although there is good 3rd party software for this once running. The fact you got as far as you did deserves a pat on the back. I would try start again using a DVD Burner/player, including burning iso again just to be sure of no conflicts then after search for Blue Ray install solutions..

I'm not using the Blu-Ray drive, I installed from a SATA DVD and that's the one that won't eject, it has the chameleon bootcd still in it as that's how i'm booting into OSX currently! I stripped all the hardware out to see if it would boot, but after putting all the hardware back I found out it was the 2nd GFX card that stopped it booting, but why last time it was the RAM causing the IOAPIC error is still a mystery!

I still have the issues listed though :( Going to clone my install to the 2nd partition and try the 10.6.4 update, if it fails I've still got a semi-working installation to fall back to!

I would try new install rather than just update. Use only basic hardware. (shift command Q to skip registration).

Make sure basics done kext's installed correctly (kext utility handy), I also use OSx86 tools if things playing

difficult & Permissions Repair done.

On my last install I actually updated my H/D to 10.6.4 first with downloaded combo pack and shift command G /Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages (Handy to know if you can access a Mac).

EDIT: google How to Install Snow Leopard (10A432) on PC

Not that this solves any problems but did you try eject from 'Devices' in finder or dragging disk icon to trash.

I would guess that with the boot disk stuck in drive you would not be booting from you're H/D install either.

Fabio, I have the latest DSDT (3.3) and all the latest files for my P6T SE & i7 930 combo. However, I can't figure out what I need to do for my GeForce 275 injection. From the post on the first page, it looks like there are three files that have to do with the graphics card, com.apple.Boot.plist, EFI.plist, and DSDT.aml. What do I need to do with this and where do I insert my information from the System Profiler (picture attached)?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

post-8794-1278662544_thumb.png

I would try new install rather than just update. Use only basic hardware. (shift command Q to skip registration).

Make sure basics done kext's installed correctly (kext utility handy), I also use OSx86 tools if things playing

difficult & Permissions Repair done.

On my last install I actually updated my H/D to 10.6.4 first with downloaded combo pack and shift command G /Mac OS X Install DVD/System/Installation/Packages (Handy to know if you can access a Mac).

EDIT: google How to Install Snow Leopard (10A432) on PC

Not that this solves any problems but did you try eject from 'Devices' in finder or dragging disk icon to trash.

I would guess that with the boot disk stuck in drive you would not be booting from you're H/D install either.

Trying the method you suggest in google now! I managed yesterday to get 10.6.4 installed on a backup using Software Update, but it locked on reboot, so did a -x and got to desktop then another reboot got it booting normally!

The Finder problem I have always starts when I either click on or hover over the eject icon between the Time Machine icon and the Volume icon in the top right corner, it stays highlighted in blue and any disc in my SATA DVD cannot be ejected and then it seems to snowball to other programs until i have to reboot. I'll either have to use Devices or eject directly from the disc icon to prevent problems! I'm running EFI64 according to ioreg if that helps!!

The other problem is how to get it to boot with 2 x GTX260 installed?

Hi guys!

I'm very busy at this time... but I still here...

Revnelson... post your IOREG..

As dgobe suggest for the fermi card try the new chameleon for the graphics enabler...

I compiled last version of chameleon 2 RC5 pre11 (rev172) with some fix by AsereBNL about that FERMI cards...

You can also try use this bootloader for your purpose because the (rev172) of chqmeleon is very good!

Here the link where I post this bootloader with Fermi PLUS code. -- > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1504862

Fabio

Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a difference. I don't really know anything about ioreg, but I googled how to do a graphics dump and got this command:

ioreg -l -w0 -p IODeviceTree | grep device-properties > dump.txt

If that's correct, here's the output.

I'm sorry for being a noob, but if that's not correct, could you please point me to a tutorial?

dump.txt

Oh, sorry. I didn't know there was a difference. I don't really know anything about ioreg, but I googled how to do a graphics dump and got this command:

ioreg -l -w0 -p IODeviceTree | grep device-properties > dump.txt

If that's correct, here's the output.

I'm sorry for being a noob, but if that's not correct, could you please point me to a tutorial?

dump.txt

You need DSDTSE that program include a little apps called IORegExplorers

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221122

is a little FAQ in Italian...

Fabio

Haha, okay, sorry for that. How's this one? I had to compress it so it would let me upload it.

Michael_Nelson___s_Mac_Pro.zip

OK this is good...

just one question... why your GFX is not plug in the BLUE slot but in the white? no matter just curious...

I try to make a DSDT injection for your card...

Fabio

:)

opssss: I see now you have a P6T SE... so no I no remember if is a BLUE o WHITE slot... ...

try add this:

[size=1]            Device (PEG7)
           {
               Name (_ADR, 0x00070000)
               Device (GFX7)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, 0x03000000)
[color="#0000FF"]                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                   {
                       Store (Package (0x1C)
                           {
                               "AAPL,slot-name", 
                               Buffer (0x0A)
                               {
                                   "PCI-E 16x"
                               }, 

"@0,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@0,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@0,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-A"
                               }, 

"@1,compatible", 
                               Buffer (0x0B)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,NVMac"
                               }, 

"@1,device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x08)
                               {
                                   "display"
                               }, 

"@1,name", 
                               Buffer (0x0F)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,Display-B"
                               }, 

"NVCAP", 
                               Buffer (0x18)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"NVPM", 
                               Buffer (0x1C)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                               }, 

"VRAM,totalsize", 
                               Buffer (0x04)
                               {
                                   0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x38
                               }, 

"device_type", 
                               Buffer (0x0D)
                               {
                                   "NVDA,GeForce"
                               }, 

"model", 
                               Buffer (0x17)
                               {
                                   "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275"
                               }, 

"rom-revision", 
                               Buffer (0x09)
                               {
                                   "DSDT ROM"
                               }, 

"reg", 
                               Buffer (0x78)
                               {
                                   /* 0000 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0008 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0010 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0018 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0020 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 
                                   /* 0028 */    0x14, 0x00, 0x03, 0x42, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0030 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0038 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0040 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0048 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0050 */    0x24, 0x00, 0x03, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0058 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0060 */    0x80, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x30, 0x00, 0x03, 0x02, 
                                   /* 0068 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 
                                   /* 0070 */    0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x08, 0x00
                               }
                           }, Local0)
                       MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
                       Return (Local0)
                   }  [/color]                  
               }

Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
               {[/size]