[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

• Please log in to reply
1774 replies to this topic

dgobe

dgobe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 228 posts
Added v1.12 ISO to the first post. Give a test run tyfle and defconbeats.

Like it says, use:

arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n

defconbeats

defconbeats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I got it all loaded it up and am very happy Thank you dgobe and tyfle and everyone else for your support!

Is there a way so i dont have to type graphicsenabler=no and does using this command have any advese effects on system performance?

Its only showing 256mb of vram?

Where can I get drivers for my card?

dgobe

dgobe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 228 posts

I got it all loaded it up and am very happy Thank you dgobe and tyfle and everyone else for your support!

Is there a way so i dont have to type graphicsenabler=no and does using this command have any advese effects on system performance?

You probably don't have accelerated video support. Is the menu bar at the top translucent....can you see the Desktop background through it? If it is you're good, if not you need a supported video card.

If you edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file you can put the kernel flags in there. Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal

at the prompt type in:

sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

Once in the editor change:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>

to:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>

and

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>

to:

<string>n</string>

then Ctrl-X, Y, Enter to save.

P.S. Please try the new installer and post your results. You don't have to do the entire install, just verify that your graphics works with it....use the arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n flags, thanks

TickleBoo

TickleBoo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

PLS for all people here...
Update/add yours signature with you spec! (mobo, GFX card, RAM, ecc)
PLS! PLS! PLS!
Is very hard for me find a solution without compare the different device...

@TickleBoo I check it when I have time...

Fabio
news for P6TD Deluxe

Hey iFabio, I appreciate it!
I updated my sig so it should have all my info in there, I'm also adding a pic of what airport shows in system profiler so you can see it whenever you get a chance.

Posted Image

defconbeats

defconbeats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

You probably don't have accelerated video support. Is the menu bar at the top translucent....can you see the Desktop background through it? If it is you're good, if not you need a supported video card.

If you edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file you can put the kernel flags in there. Go to Applications->Utilities->Terminal

at the prompt type in:

sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist

Once in the editor change:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>

to:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386</string>

and

<string>y</string>

to:

<string>n</string>

then Ctrl-X, Y, Enter to save.

P.S. Please try the new installer and post your results. You don't have to do the entire install, just verify that your graphics works with it....use the arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n flags, thanks

The Menu at the top is not translusent guess that means i have to get a different video card?

So with the new installer do you want me to see if it works up to the point were i install it on my hard drive?

Can you reccomend a video card from the link on my previous post?

Should I update the installer on my harddrive with the new one posted today?

Thanks again

Just tried to install logic... it laughed at me and said i needed more than 0mb vram and a quartz exteme cabable graphics card
Does all this just mean i need a new video card or do i need something special what is quartz exterme?
Thanks testing installer now will report back.

defconbeats

defconbeats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just tried the new installer 1.12worked perfectly with the graphicsenabler=n
I can boot by by either entering the arch=i386 command or not depending on if i want 32 bit mode or not which i do because my external sound card and uad2 pcie card will only work in 32bit mode do to driver limitationtion
updated to 10.6.2 perfectly no hiches

I just need help getting an affordable video card that will let me load logic :)

onigoetz

onigoetz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hi all !

it's been a long time. that I haven't been on this forum.

I have just a few questions.

Maybe they were already answered bu I didn't see it.

1. Which sound driver is installed ? how many outputs / inputs are supported ?

2. For the graphics, I suppose that they aren't supported by default, I remember, my grafic card needed an EFI string. is it supported by the installer or do we need to do it by ourselves.

3. Is chameleon used for the bootloader or PC EFI ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. as I said, it's been a long time that I wasn't on the hackintosh forum, so, I may not know the latest enhancements in all methods.

tyfle

tyfle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi all !

it's been a long time. that I haven't been on this forum.

I have just a few questions.

Maybe they were already answered bu I didn't see it.

1. Which sound driver is installed ? how many outputs / inputs are supported ?

2. For the graphics, I suppose that they aren't supported by default, I remember, my grafic card needed an EFI string. is it supported by the installer or do we need to do it by ourselves.

3. Is chameleon used for the bootloader or PC EFI ?

Thanks in advance for your answers. as I said, it's been a long time that I wasn't on the hackintosh forum, so, I may not know the latest enhancements in all methods.

1. It displays Intel High Definition AUdio in my "More info window" with 1 headphone, 1 speaker, 1 internal microphone, 1 line in, 1 line out, 1 s/p-dif out and in, 1 digital out, 2 line out :)

2. The i had to install kext and insert the EFI string into com.apple.boot.plist myself but i do have an gtx 295. This was not very hard (i only searched for gtx 295 in this forum and got right to instructions and download).

3. Chameleon

tyfle

tyfle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Added v1.12 ISO to the first post. Give a test run tyfle and defconbeats.

Like it says, use:

arch=i386 GraphicsEnabler=n

It works for me :)

onigoetz

onigoetz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thank you very much Tyfle !

Great News, I think I will be able to get my 5.1 Working ^^

qbe

qbe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
this hasnt been discussed here but for the people who, like me, care about speedstep, this dsdt and installer DO speedstep properly. observation based on hardware wattmeter.

my snow leopard system takes same amount of watts as w7 when idle. to be precise, my whole setup takes 130watts (most bios settings by default on auto, so bios is actually lowering cpu volts when idle below the intel specified values)

Blackshore

Blackshore

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

@maitaijim

You can handle the flash drive install method in your first post (#2)

Where is the flashdrive installation guide link?

And I wounder What do I need to get Gigabyte 9800 GT Silent Cell 1gb

maitaijim

maitaijim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Where is the flashdrive installation guide link?

Post #2 has been updated with the Flash Drive Installer Guide.

bhgft

bhgft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks to those involved for the hard work, after many months of trying I finally have a successful install complete. I have questions regarding multiple hard drives.

I installed according to the instructions in the first post and got my ethernet working with the terminal commands provided on the first page.

I performed the system updates to make sure they would work.

After the system seemed stable I powered it down and hooked up the other two hard drives I use. The hard drives are formatted as NTFS. When I got to the bootloader it showed both of the hard drives I plugged in. I entered the OS and one of the drives showed on the desktop (1 TB WD) but the other one did not show on desktop (1.5TB Seagate)

Disk utility showed both hard drives, but the partition on the 1.5TB Seagate was grayed out.

After I rebooted, again, the bootloader shows all three of my hard drives. However, once in the OS, I can no longer see either one of the drives in finder. Disk Utility still sees both hard drives, but their partitions are grayed out.

Are there known issues with hooking up multiple hard drives? All I can find about it searching is people trying to get write access. I need to get read access first.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
i7 920
6gb ram (corsair i think, but i forget)
9800gt
LG DVD+RW
320GB WD as OS drive (Bay 1)
1.0TB WD NTFS (Bay 2)
1.5TB Seagate NTFS (Bay 5)

bhgft

bhgft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I reformatted the 1TB WD drive to HFS no problem, and it is visible now, unsurprisingly.

However, I cannot get it to recognize the NTFS partition (only partition) of the 1.5TB Seagate drive.

Again, Chameleon does see it at startup and Disk Utility recognizes the drive as well I just cannot get read access to the NTFS partition.

Update:
Used SATA to USB adapter to hook hard drive in question to my unibody macbook. It read it no problem and using ntfs65 I can also edit files to the drive.

Used USB adapter to hook it to the hackintosh desktop and I get the pop up message saying this computer cannot read the drive.

tyfle

tyfle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
In OSX i can not read the 3 TB raid0 volume on my raid set, however it can read the 200GB raid5 volume with my photos. It might be that there are just some compability issues in some circumstances with large drives. (Both of them are formatted NTFS).

scott_donald

scott_donald

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
very weird since i updated to the newer versions from this thread... after a while seems to vary in time... my magic mouse keeps on scrolling right... turn off unplug the bluetooth nothing helps and i have to reset...

it doesn't happen straight off the reboot but will after an hour or so... what is different in this that could effect it???

dgobe

dgobe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 228 posts
WOW, it's MAGIC! It even lets you double post within one minute....that's normally not possible.

Seriously though, the installer creates a backup in the root /P6TInstallerBackupDATE-TIME

You can pull your old DSDT from /P6TInstallerBackupDATE-TIME/Extra/DSDT.aml and swap it into /Extra to see if it makes a difference. That's the only thing that changed that might cause something like that. Could be the hardware too.

scott_donald

scott_donald

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

WOW, it's MAGIC! It even lets you double post within one minute....that's normally not possible.

Seriously though, the installer creates a backup in the root /P6TInstallerBackupDATE-TIME

You can pull your old DSDT from /P6TInstallerBackupDATE-TIME/Extra/DSDT.aml and swap it into /Extra to see if it makes a difference. That's the only thing that changed that might cause something like that. Could be the hardware too.

what double post!!!

ok will try it...

edit - the dsdt is dated 2nd october 2009 in the root directory... and there isnt an old one in the back up files... but there is a new one in extra... what to do???

dgobe

dgobe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 228 posts
I swear there were two posts, I even got two e-mail notifications. It disappeared!

If it's not in the backup then it wasn't there when you ran the installer. The installer just moves the existing /Extra folder in it's entirety to the backup folder. Do you have an /Extra/DSDT.DATE-TIME? If you do, that's the old one. If not you can grab one from the end of the old thread. One of Fabio's should be there somewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy