Drivers for Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT - Success

MacNutty

352 posts in this topic

I have the same issue as whitepony.

My inno3D 9400GT has exactly the same device id and NVCAP.

Using the Kexts (v1.5.34) from tazs_10, it is still listed as Unknown NVIDIA card but apparent all functions are supported.

post-256234-1235625315_thumb.png

I did the XBench test and check in OpenGL Extensions Viewer and it seems everything is working.

inno3D_9400GT.txt

Please see attached screen capture.

post-256234-1235625365_thumb.png post-256234-1235625378_thumb.png post-256234-1235625400_thumb.png

Tazs - They worked!! Thanks heaps...

I get the same 'Unknown NVIDIA Card' as KennyW but QE works which means Logic still works! Would an EFI string fix the Unknown Card?

Thanks again!

humm i wouldent recomend it becouse most times it will over ride the kexts but you can play around with it maby you can get it working

But im gona try the nvinject that was posted by KennyW

- The Injector that KennyW used works so use his kext and make shure to deleat the nvdarwin kext

Well like others have posted I have my EVGA Nvidia 9400 GT 512mb working with EFI and Nvinject, not at once but tested on two occasions.Full QE and CI as well with. The problem I am having is performance issues with EFI and Nvinject, black screen on full screen games, World of Goo for example is a black screen. I have Halo which run in window with full 3D support but black screen in full screen. Go Figure. On the performance issue, playing back video in quicktime does lag the UI from slight to noticeable on non HD and HD sources. I upgraded from an GMA950 video which the UI lag wasn't an issue. Thx.

Specs

Vanilla kernel 10.5.6

3gb memory

Intel 2.2ghz dual core

Well like others have posted I have my EVGA Nvidia 9400 GT 512mb working with EFI and Nvinject, not at once but tested on two occasions.Full QE and CI as well with. The problem I am having is performance issues with EFI and Nvinject, black screen on full screen games, World of Goo for example is a black screen. I have Halo which run in window with full 3D support but black screen in full screen. Go Figure. On the performance issue, playing back video in quicktime does lag the UI from slight to noticeable on non HD and HD sources. I upgraded from an GMA950 video which the UI lag wasn't an issue. Thx.

Specs

Vanilla kernel 10.5.6

3gb memory

Intel 2.2ghz dual core

A quick note no anybody who wants someone to make them a driver POST YOUR DEIVCE ID!!

i will be happy to make you a driver just post your device id which can be found in the system profiler

hey tazs_10

i've been following this thread and i think i must ask to make a driver for me. you can ask why since my card is working good. the problem is with shutdown. since i installed the kext and insert the efi strings i cannot shutdown(poweroff)anymore. the computer goes thru shutdown sequence normally(few seconds) and than instead of powering off. it powers of the disk, screen, usb-basicly all devices but can't power off. it wasn't like that before installing my card. thanks in advance for helping me

below, specs(translated from polish)

nVidia GeForce 9400 GT
 Type:	Monitor
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe:	x16
 VRAM (total):	1024  MB
 Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Hardware ID:	0x0641
 Corrent ID:	0x00a1
 ROM correction:	nVidia GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]
 Monitor:
SyncMaster:
 Resolution:	1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
 Color Depth:	32-bit color
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Screen:	Tak
 Mirror:	wył.
 Active:	Tak
 Quartz Extreme:	Obsługiwany
 Rotationt:	Obsługiwany
Monitor Plug:

Tak = YES

Obslugiwany = Supported

sorry for that

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model:	Graphics by NVIDIA
 Type:	Display
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Device ID:	0x0641
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 ROM Revision:	NVinject 0.2.1
 Displays:
Display Connector:
DELL E198WFP:
 Resolution:	1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Hardware Accelerated
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Supported
 Rotation:	Supported

Here is my Device ID. I hope this works. Thanks again.

After three days of struggle to get QE and other support back, finally I succeeded. I am posting the kexts for all members having the same graphics card. I would also like to thank this forum for providing me essential guidelines to make this possible. Here are the kexts, just install them with kexthelper.

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT drivers

NOTE:

Works on Leopard 10.5.5 and above.

Thanks, it's work for me, but when i change the resolution the screen turn black, any suggestion? (sorry for my english)

hey taz i had everything working but it would only let me do 1024x768 so i installed the other kext you advertised, and now my ci is not hardware accelerated and my Q/E isnt supported. But quake 4 and doom 3 looks bad ass any ideas?btw this is a EVGA nVidia Geforce 9400 GT 512mb

nVidia GeForce 9400 GT:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

F159:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

CPU: Intel E8400 3GHZ OverClocked to 3.84

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

RAM: G SKILL 2x2gb

SATA 1tb SEAGATE HD

SATA Liteon DVDROM

Video: EVGA nVidia Geforce 9400 GT

I GOT IT TO WORK, you dont need any kext when you update to 10.5.6.

So all i did, was update through the standard apple updater

then i used OSX86Tool to add a GFX String went to custom

name "nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 512MB"

MB: 512mb or what ever you have.

DIY and DIY

add to com.boot.aplist

reboot

set permissions

and clear extensions

so what im going to say is i think i got lucky

try it let me know how it goes for you

BTW: im running only at %52 and my max resolution is 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 512MB:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 512MB

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 9400 GT 512MB OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

F159:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Hi guys, thanks for so much input and work in this thread. I recently got a PNY Verto GeForce 9400 GT with 512mb from BestBuy, for my iPC 10.5.6 PPF5 Final, Hackintosh and have yet to get anywhere with QE/CI acceleration. I've tried GFX Strings in the com.apple.boot.plist, I've tried modified kexts with, and without NVInject and NVDarwin, etc. Whenever I tried entering the GFX Strings with OSX86 Tools, I get the error: /bin/sh: /Applications/OSx86: No such file or directory (127), so I copy the hex string and input the <key>device-properties</key> and <string>[HEX STRING]</string> manually... and get nothing useful. I read earlier in the thread that there were other people here using the same card I'm using, that have had success getting acceleration. My device ID is 042c 10de, and NVCAP string is 04000000000003000c0000000000000700000000

I don't know if I'm entering the hex string in the plist wrong, or if it is some issue with the iPC 10.5.6 Final install... If anyone has had success with a similar setup, please help! I have all other drivers I need working from the kexts provided on the install disc, just need my graphics card working!

Thanks in advance,

LyrumusX

P.S. -- The most success I've had so far is to install the NVInject kexts (0.2.1) with 512MB extension, from my install disc. It's not QE/CI accelerated, but with this config, I don't get the scrolling and window movement problems (when scrolling down lists in OS X, the window redraw doesn't work correctly, and so the list is looks broken and out of sync... Or, when I move a window across the screen, the OS doesn't properly redraw the window's contents, so I get a blank window)

Any help is very much appreciated.

does anyone know or ever tried with 9400GT from Sparkle?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814187036

been looking at this card because it's silent/without any fan.

would be great if someone can share any experience before I buy it, thanks! :)

hey, i've got gainward 9400GT 1GB without any fans fully working, so you know have 2 you can choose from:P

hey, i've got gainward 9400GT 1GB without any fans fully working, so you know have 2 you can choose from:P

thanks for the reply, unfortunately I can't find any Gainward 9400GT is been sold here in the US. Another fanless card I can find is from MSI:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814127396

Leaning towards Sparkle as it's cheaper, but if anyone can share any experience that will be great!

A quick note no anybody who wants someone to make them a driver POST YOUR DEIVCE ID!!

i will be happy to make you a driver just post your device id which can be found in the system profiler

Hey dude, I've manage to install the kexts from the top of this post and now my graphics card is recognized I think but the performace is still {censored}. Didn't change anything just the screen resolution. I've done all the OSX86tools thing and right after doing that and restarting I can't see anything but black screen. It says that the video card does not support quartz extreme but I'm using the same video card as all of you. So I'm pretty much stuck here. Hope you can make me a kext that will work with my graphics card and enables QE and all those other stuff..

Thank you.

Heres the info you need.

I'm running 10.5.2

Chipset Model:	Graphics by NVIDIA
 Type:	Display
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Device ID:	0x0641
 Revision ID:	0x00a1
 ROM Revision:	NVinject 0.2.1
 Displays:
1900WS:
 Resolution:	1440 x 900 @ 75 Hz
 Depth:	32-bit Color
 Core Image:	Software
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
 QuartzGL:	Supported
Display Connector:

Thanks.

hello

i ve just baught an 9400gt 512 by twintech,my 3870x2 is in the SAV..

dev id =0x0641

vanilla 9.6 XxX 10.5.6

ok in the "driver" by mac nutty BUT not QE and more ,when i tried to 1920x1200 ,the screen become blue ??

idem with the nvinject 512 ;)

After three days of struggle to get QE and other support back, finally I succeeded. I am posting the kexts for all members having the same graphics card. I would also like to thank this forum for providing me essential guidelines to make this possible. Here are the kexts, just install them with kexthelper.

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT drivers

NOTE:

Works on Leopard 10.5.5 and above.

Hi friends I,ve same problem with this sk video I can start only on VGA output and not on DVI I've Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 1Gb Captiva PCIe I want start on DVI and if its possible use clone mode on two display can help me? 

I work with ideneb 10.5.6

hello all, i've been reading through this topic for the last 48 hours and still cannot get my card to work fully 100%

I have an XFX 9400 GT 1gb. on 10.5.6 ideneb

basically, the only way i can get the card to work is by REMOVING NVDAResman.kext . Without this file i can boot successfully BUT i cannot change the resolution nor do any other resolution options show up.

When i boot with this file, the system loads but i get the black screen after apple logo. i have tried swapping the display A and B as i use DVI not VGA but still no luck.

I figure this NVDAResman file is linked to the RESolution in some way so i'm looking for another solution to the black screen problem.

Thanks to anyone who can help

duufy