351 replies to this topic

Markus1981234254

Markus1981234254

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i also got a Nvidia Geforce 9400GT , the card works
but it sys that QE is not supportet , tried your kexts on Iaktos 10.5.5 (also updated to 10.5.6}

The graphic card works , but the only problem is , that pixelmator is showing black images

Would be nice if you could email me .

Markus.Ippy@gmx.de

WhatTheFiber

WhatTheFiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
send me your decive id and i will help the problem is you probly dont have the save brand of the card like for example me and sansome have a pny version of the card and other people might have a bfg and so on and so forth but if you send me your device id i will add it to the kext

WhatTheFiber

WhatTheFiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Taz i'm not so sure your card working well.. could you post your xbench graphic test results here pls ?

Quartz Graphics Test 42.74
Line 39.78 2.65 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 37.41 11.17 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 77.15 6.29 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 23.45 591.36 beziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 105.32 6.59 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test 30.32
Spinning Squares 30.32 38.46 frames/sec

fireofanor

fireofanor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Quartz Graphics Test 42.74
Line 39.78 2.65 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 37.41 11.17 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 77.15 6.29 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 23.45 591.36 beziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 105.32 6.59 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test 30.32
Spinning Squares 30.32 38.46 frames/sec

Here are my results (QuartzGL enabled)

Quartz Graphics Test 190.02
Line 199.07 13.25 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 181.33 54.14 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 278.83 22.73 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 95.96 2.42 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 566.04 35.41 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test 173.22
Spinning Squares 173.22 219.74 frames/sec

Your card is not working well as i thought so...

MILAN0

MILAN0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

I did'nt had any such problems. I have Palit Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT and it worked fine after adding device id to the three kexts. If you are facing some problem, try adding correct device ids to them.

I am about to purchase this one by Palit. I have only 10.5.2 kalyway distr to install. Is it strongly claimed using 10.5.5 and above?

fireofanor

fireofanor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

I am about to purchase this one by Palit. I have only 10.5.2 kalyway distr to install. Is it strongly claimed using 10.5.5 and above?

Yes probably it's required. Actually i havent tried that on 10.5.2 but i would give a try..

romey-rome

romey-rome

SooperDooperPooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
The EFI string method works pretty god on my XFX 9400GT for the most part. The problem I have is if I switch inputs on my TV, then go back to my Mac input, I end up with a blue screen. I can RDP to it, rotate the screen and the image shows up, switch it back to standard rottion, and it's back to blue.

Also the max resolution I get is 1920x1080(interlaced).

Also, any way to force 24Hz refresh rate?

Edit: SwitchResX Control Panel will let me add custom refresh rates to the display prefs, and it actually works, but I still get the blue screen problem on switching inputs.

Edit Again: Actually SwitchResX got rid of both of my problems.

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Also, any way to force 24Hz refresh rate?

Did you really mean 24Hz? :wacko:

I'm trying to set up a 9500gt 512 DVI|VGA|HDMI
So far I'm only getting a black screen like many others are getting here

These are the relevant details;
0x064010de
BAAAAAAAAwAEAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=

romey-rome

romey-rome

SooperDooperPooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Did you really mean 24Hz? :(

Yep. 24Hz :( This is on my media center than runs Plex, and all my media is Blu-Ray rips. Blu-Ray is 24fps (23.9-something-or-other to be exact), so in outputting 24Hz to my HD screen, it eliminates 3:2 pulldown which creates stutter in panning and fast scenes when outputting a 60Hz signal. This is all beyond the scope of this topic, but for more info see: http://www.projector...es/pulldown.asp

mookid

mookid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Yep. 24Hz B) This is on my media center than runs Plex, and all my media is Blu-Ray rips. Blu-Ray is 24fps (23.9-something-or-other to be exact), so in outputting 24Hz to my HD screen, it eliminates 3:2 pulldown which creates stutter in panning and fast scenes when outputting a 60Hz signal. This is all beyond the scope of this topic, but for more info see: http://www.projector...es/pulldown.asp

I see, yes that would make complete sense. Never realised displays could go that low!

nyudoka

nyudoka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

After three days of struggle to get QE and other support back, finally I succeeded. I am posting the kexts for all members having the same graphics card. I would also like to thank this forum for providing me essential guidelines to make this possible. Here are the kexts, just install them with kexthelper.

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT drivers

NOTE:
Works on Leopard 10.5.5 and above.

For those interested in a non-EFI solution using NV injectors to get QE support on 10.5.5+. The key to getting QE on 10.5.5 or above is to rm -Rf Ge* and NVDA* kexts, reboot using standard Apple drivers and then most IMPORTANTLY install the 9f23 10.5.5 Graphic Update. Then re-mod you device ID in the GeForce.kext NVDANVx0Hal.kext (which depends on your 6/7/8/9xxx card) & NVDAResman.kext, if it's not one of the standard ones in there. eg my 6800GS (0x00c010de) isn't. Then using either NVinject or NVdarwin kext add your PCI device id (I added one device ID without mask and other with 0x0000ffff for my card) and mod the ProbeScore to 0 as mentioned in other threads. Then find your NVCAP and edit the string using Plist Edit Pro (basically I created a DOS Boot RAMdisk with NVFlash and saved ROM then used NVCAP Maker to obtain my cards specific NVCAP see NVinject website for procedure/dls).

I personally used NVdarwin rather than NVinject as it automagically displays the model of GeForce, but I had to edit RAM string for 512MB RAM.

Obviously make sure chmod -R 755 the NVinject or NVdarwin kext depending on which you use. Presume other injectors may work like NVKush etc..

rm Extensions.mkext and reboot with -f -v

Now you should have full QE support back for your card. Above will make more sense to those that know about editing Info.plist files and already had QE support in 10.5.2-4 using NV injectors but suddenly doesn't work with 10.5.5 or 10.5.6.

Hope it helps those having problems

retromacg3

retromacg3

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Yep. 24Hz :P This is on my media center than runs Plex, and all my media is Blu-Ray rips. Blu-Ray is 24fps (23.9-something-or-other to be exact), so in outputting 24Hz to my HD screen, it eliminates 3:2 pulldown which creates stutter in panning and fast scenes when outputting a 60Hz signal. This is all beyond the scope of this topic, but for more info see: http://www.projector...es/pulldown.asp

Can your lcd handle multiples of 23.9xxx for a refresh rate?

I still cannot get dual monitors to work on the 9500gt. Single works great, plug in DVI or VGA, or DVI-VGA adapter while running or before booting, and one turns off, the other is usually black, or blue, or sometimes my wallpaper with garbled icons and nothing else.

WhatTheFiber

WhatTheFiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ugg now does anyone know how to do this on tiger as well?

dorzear

dorzear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
dud!!! im sarch it forevr ihave 9400 gt 1gb and in works! tnx man!

WhatTheFiber

WhatTheFiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok at first i thought that i got it working 100% but latley i noticed that i was getting a lot of kernal panics
and it didnt do that before i Got my graphics card "Working". And i was just wondering if anyone could work with me to get everything working fully? below i will post some screen shots and a link to download the kext's that i am using.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1217029991823

http://www.mediafire...php?y0eyiytno1w

Posted Image

Posted Image

hasteknight1

hasteknight1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Dude

Im in the same boat as you man. After installing the NVIDIA drivers and created the EFI strings, the SP shows everything works. I even change the strings for the NVinject and its IOprobe but still nothing seems to be working.

My SP

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0641
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1
Displays:
Display Connector:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Rotation: Supported

When i try to run the xbench, weak results came in

Quartz Graphics Test 133.92
Line 105.71 7.04 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 149.11 44.52 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 127.87 10.42 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 100.02 2.52 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 298.48 18.67 Kchars/sec

I tried to give it a test drive with Need for Speed and other games but all i get is pitch black. Even when playing Videos on VLC, nothing seems to be working. Even when i change the resolution, it panic and all i get is blue screen, only when i reboot the comp then i get back the previous resolution.

What do u think it is tazs ? im kind of new in this so sorry if i could not give you any help but i seriously want to solve this problem cause i just bought this Nvidia 9400GT 1GB for this hehe.

Also another thing is that, i had 2 hard disk before testing any games. After running the game, my 2nd hard disk just simply cannot mount anymore. It shows of cause in the bios but it doesnt mount on the os

This is my Open Gl Extension viewer. Same like yours TAZAttached File  Picture_2.png   402.62KB   170 downloads

WhatTheFiber

WhatTheFiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Dude

Im in the same boat as you man. After installing the NVIDIA drivers and created the EFI strings, the SP shows everything works. I even change the strings for the NVinject and its IOprobe but still nothing seems to be working.

My SP

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Device ID: 0x0641
ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1
Displays:
Display Connector:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

When i try to run the xbench, weak results came in

Quartz Graphics Test 133.92
Line 105.71 7.04 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
Rectangle 149.11 44.52 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
Circle 127.87 10.42 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
Bezier 100.02 2.52 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
Text 298.48 18.67 Kchars/sec

I tried to give it a test drive with Need for Speed and other games but all i get is pitch black. Even when playing Videos on VLC, nothing seems to be working. Even when i change the resolution, it panic and all i get is blue screen, only when i reboot the comp then i get back the previous resolution.

What do u think it is tazs ? im kind of new in this so sorry if i could not give you any help but i seriously want to solve this problem cause i just bought this Nvidia 9400GT 1GB for this hehe.

Also another thing is that, i had 2 hard disk before testing any games. After running the game, my 2nd hard disk just simply cannot mount anymore. It shows of cause in the bios but it doesnt mount on the os

This is my Open Gl Extension viewer. Same like yours TAZAttached File  Picture_2.png   402.62KB   170 downloads

whell at least im not the only one having this problem

hasteknight1

hasteknight1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Makes me feel better that im not the only one 2 hehe

hasteknight1

hasteknight1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I've got my 9400 GT fully working with CI/QE now thanks to tips from Fireofanor, Taz, and most importantly Aqua-Mac who's created an installer with the latest Apple nVidia driver release that updates drivers for the new cards/GPUs. That is the key.

Short guide on how I did it:

1) Download and install Aqua-Mac's nVidia driver installer. Don't think you need to remove exisiting nVidia kexts. Don't reboot yet, though installer will ask you to.

http://rapidshare.co...rivers.zip.html

2) Remove NVinject,kext and NVkush.kext if you have them installed.

3) Create EFI/GFX string in com.apple.Boot.plist as suggested in previous posts. I find the easiest way to do this is via OSX86Tools.

a. Use Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag on main menu. Select GFX strings option.
b. Scroll to bottom of list, select Custom nVidia GeForce.
c. For name model enter "NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT".
d. Select the amount of memory on your card.
e. Select the display output that matches your card. For my PNY Verto, it's dual DVI-I ports.
f. The plist info and hex string for your card will pop up. Select and copy the hex string for safety, but use the "Import String to Boot Editor" option. Click Apply Change on the next screen that pops up, no need to add other flags or strings.

4) Use repair disk permissions and clear kext cache on OSX86Tools main menu or do this any way you like.

5) Check the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist file for safety sake using terminal and nano or vi just to make sure the string was inserted properly. If not, use the version you copied to the clipboard and add the "device-properties" key and value manually. (Sudo to edit file.)

6) Reboot and enjoy the results! No mods to driver kexts with device ids or anything else is required.

My SP output now:
NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Device ID: 0x042c
ROM Revision: NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]
Displays:
VA1930wm:
Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz
QuartzGL: Supported
Display Connector:

This time i followed this way and it worked 80%. Got my CI/QE working but still cant run any games. BUT vlc and DVD player works fine. Getting there i suppose. I also tried loading NVinject but it will change my Ram from 1GB to 512 . How is your status tazs ?

WhatTheFiber

WhatTheFiber

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

This time i followed this way and it worked 80%. Got my CI/QE working but still cant run any games. BUT vlc and DVD player works fine. Getting there i suppose. I also tried loading NVinject but it will change my Ram from 1GB to 512 . How is your status tazs ?

i got graphics working 100% yesterday and i figured out that the kernal panics where from a bad amd updater i got off of piratebay

but zip your kexts and upload them to mediafire and post the link and i will work it them and i think i can get yours working 100% too Oh and Download the pref pane called "Secretes" http://secrets.blacktree.com/ and go to the system tab on the left and scroll down and enable quartz open Gl and Disable Beame Sync

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy