• Please log in to reply
648 replies to this topic

Mr. Blonde

Mr. Blonde

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

It is exactly the problem introduced in 10.8. Will you show me any html5-playable URL ? The above one seems to require Flash.

HTML5 can be switched on on this page: http://www.youtube.com/html5 (Guess you need to log in)
You can view the video that I've posted above.

I have a feeling that the difference is in the buffering of the video. When playing in Flash mode, the video buffers further. When in HTML5, the video buffers the minimal, and sometimes to less and the video stalls.

Hope this helps!

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

HTML5 can be switched on on this page: http://www.youtube.com/html5 (Guess you need to log in)
You can view the video that I've posted above.

I have a feeling that the difference is in the buffering of the video. When playing in Flash mode, the video buffers further. When in HTML5, the video buffers the minimal, and sometimes to less and the video stalls.

Hope this helps!

My html5 setting is on. I do not have Flash other than Chrome built-in. When I open the page with Firefox, it requires plugin installation.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

2012/09/26
My files have been removed from mediafire.com, they say "I violate the MediaFire Terms of Service", though I only uploaded the files that I built myself...
The latest file can be downloaded from sourceforge anyway.

Maybe b/c of 'Apple' name used in the source/binaries you know Apple is ©, better to remove it IMHO...

Now back to my problem, does sleep/wake works with latest IntelE1000e for everybody?
On my 82574L on Ivybridge system computer refuse to sleep, I know 100% is the driver since once I remove it sleep/wake works.

Nothing in logs since computer never finish to sleep.

I can't use Apple driver, plist or eeprom hack, driver loads but once I connect the cable when it should get the IP it freeze, guess KP

Any idea what can be/cause this hnak?

Riley Freeman

Riley Freeman

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Sleep/wake works for me with the current binary. 82579V chip.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 694 posts

Sleep/wake works for me with the current binary. 82579V chip.

Yeah worked for me on my ASUS Maximus V Gene too...
Dunno wtf is wrong with 82574L NIC, but this damn bug already cause me insomnia :(

joshhh

joshhh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
Something srange I've got on my Snow Leo installation, tried 2.1.7 and 2.0.0a

I got this in log but kext doesn't load

10/19/12 12:23:17 AM com.apple.kextd[21] Failed to load AppleIntelE1000e.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.
10/19/12 12:23:17 AM com.apple.kextd[21] Load com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e failed; removing personalities.
10/19/12 12:23:17 AM kernel kxld[com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e]: The super class vtable '__ZTV20IOEthernetController' for vtable '__ZTV16AppleIntelE1000e' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
10/19/12 12:23:17 AM kernel Can't load kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e - link failed.
10/19/12 12:23:17 AM kernel Failed to load executable for kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e.
10/19/12 12:23:17 AM kernel Kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e failed to load (0xdc008016).
10/19/12 12:23:17 AM kernel Failed to load kext com.insanelymac.driver.AppleIntelE1000e (error 0xdc008016).

PS. got 1.6.2 and it loads fine in SL, but it suffer from DHCP lost on replug lan cord, only reboot helps

What's wrong with latest versions?

OK Update.

Download 2.1.7 from svn and compiled it to 10.6 target. Loads fine on SL

Boot log is below

Spoiler

hashee

hashee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
my english is not so good, sorry for this.
i have intel82573 on some old ibm machine with snow leo 10.6.7
your lan driver works for me, but only 5-10 minutes. when i reach peak of my connection speed i lost connection very quickly. strange thing is driver messing with my adsl modem, and when i lost internet on my hack, same thing is happen on my macbook pro using wireless. in this situation i cant ping anything from any machine.
i try many kind of drivers with no success :(
finally i find my motherboard on ibm have ich7 and this driver is written for ich8-10.
can someone help me and put ich7 support on it.
thanks !!

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
The problem occurs even with MacBook Pro?, i.e. not related to my driver?
ICH8 is not a chipst name, it indicates integrated network controllers.

hashee

hashee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
your driver is good for almost all of us.
problem happens only if IBM uses the Internet. MacBook Pro works normally in other situations (when IBM hackintosh is turned off or not using internet, or using windows).
when i load somethig from youtube or something else on ibm nobodys in my home cant access internet (two iphones and mbp). i must restat wadsl modem.
i can post some log files or something else... just tell me what you want. i think you is only person to resolve this. im not too familiar with terminal...
IBM is pure intel and using 945 chipset and 82573 lan with 108c id.
thank you for your answer :)

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

your driver is good for almost all of us.
problem happens only if IBM uses the Internet. MacBook Pro works normally in other situations (when IBM hackintosh is turned off or not using internet, or using windows).
when i load somethig from youtube or something else on ibm nobodys in my home cant access internet (two iphones and mbp). i must restat wadsl modem.
i can post some log files or something else... just tell me what you want. i think you is only person to resolve this. im not too familiar with terminal...
IBM is pure intel and using 945 chipset and 82573 lan with 108c id.
thank you for your answer :)

I have no idea.
If the other machines cannot connect to the Internet *AFTER* you turn off IBM, your wasdl modem might have problem.
Try using another router between your home LAN and the modem if available.

Kristijan Lecnik

Kristijan Lecnik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i am building hackintosh build with gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH and i cant get network to work. on initial boot the network works, but after ###### install the network driver is loaded and i get in dmesg link up 1000mb but i cant get dhcp or anything! i am installing with this manual:
http://www.tonymacx8...hunderbolt.html
any ideas?

jivhg

jivhg

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Using the Gigabyte Z77x-UP5 TH motherboard with the 85479V Intel Gigabit Ethernet controller gives me abysmal speeds (150KBps) and it times out downloads after 2 or 3 mb and the aforementioned Youtube problem. The ethernet also randomly disconnects (I see it connecting and disconnecting in System Prefs) and is pretty much unusable. Using the 2.1.7 version of the kext.
And while booting it only goes up to 100mbps full duplex if that means anything. (on 10.8)

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Are Jumbo Frames working now with the latest versions of this driver? Was going to use an ASUS P9X79 with Intel 92579V.

Thanks!

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I have updated the code base to 2.2.14.
I tested the driver with 82572,82573,82574 (discrete NIC) and 82579 ( Intel DZ68DB onboard NIC).

xbb

xbb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I have updated the code base to 2.2.14.
I tested the driver with 82572,82573,82574 (discrete NIC) and 82579 ( Intel DZ68DB onboard NIC).

Thank you, I'll test it right away

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Hi, Is anyone having any issues with VPN PPP?

On-broad card is an Intel Gigabit not sure what Model?

ethernet:
Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x10bd
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x103c
Subsystem ID: 0x2818
Revision ID: 0x0002
BSD name: en0
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 2.2.14

VPN Info.

VPN 1:
Type: PPP (PPTP)
IPv4:
Configuration Method: PPP
OverridePrimary: 1
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Proxies:
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
Service Order: 1

All i get is connect......

AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip dated 2013-01-21
10.7.5 Lion

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Hi, Is anyone having any issues with VPN PPP?

On-broad card is an Intel Gigabit not sure what Model?

ethernet:
Type: Ethernet Controller
Bus: PCI
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x10bd
Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x103c
Subsystem ID: 0x2818
Revision ID: 0x0002
BSD name: en0
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 2.2.14

VPN Info.

VPN 1:
Type: PPP (PPTP)
IPv4:
Configuration Method: PPP
OverridePrimary: 1
IPv6:
Configuration Method: Automatic
Proxies:
FTP Passive Mode: Yes
Service Order: 1

All i get is connect......

AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip dated 2013-01-21
10.7.5 Lion

It is 80566DM-2. Doing web search with "pci 8086 10bd" will show the answer.
As PPTP is VPN over TCP/IP, not different from ordinary connections like http,FTP,etc. Do you connect with other NICs ?

FransNetwork

FransNetwork

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

It is 80566DM-2. Doing web search with "pci 8086 10bd" will show the answer

Yeap thats the one :P

As PPTP is VPN over TCP/IP, not different from ordinary connections like http,FTP,etc. Do you connect with other NICs ?

On the Windows side i can connect to my VPN perfectly but is just the Mac side.
All i get is connect....

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

On the Windows side i can connect to my VPN perfectly but is just the Mac side.
All i get is connect....

I have no problem in PPTP.
Can you try VPN connection using USB-to-ether ?

jimj

jimj

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hnak,

I'm using the 2.2.14 based version of your driver on a Gigabyte ga-z77x-up5-th board and 10.8.2 - and basic functionality is fine.

I do have a minor annoyance though... interface shows the link always being up, even if the ethernet cable is unplugged. Is this expected behavior?

-Jim

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy