AppleIntelE1000e.kext for 10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5

hnak

751 posts in this topic

It's there a way to rally check the internal lan speed.. I suppose the text written in the system log is 100.. but this is always written even if I force negotiation to 1000

LAN adapters/switches usually have LEDs to indicate connection speed.

You can also launch Network Utilities.app in /Applications/Utilities to get the basic information of all the network adapters.

Ok. I did all . Removed entries.. and plist.

I discovered that I cannot do a manual setup of negotiation.

So I have to repeat all the story from scratch.. because  I had my troubles supposing I changed properly the speed.

I mean: If I move the setting to Manual, select 1000, and click APPLY.. I never come back to see if the OS kept my choices!

but.. I discovered that it never keep any manual choice.

So it  always stay in automatic.. and keep 100full.

the system is connected directly to a switch gigabit. and yes it's blinking 100.

Ok. I did all . Removed entries.. and plist.

I discovered that I cannot do a manual setup of negotiation.

So I have to repeat all the story from scratch.. because  I had my troubles supposing I changed properly the speed.

I mean: If I move the setting to Manual, select 1000, and click APPLY.. I never come back to see if the OS kept my choices!

but.. I discovered that it never keep any manual choice.

So it  always stay in automatic.. and keep 100full.

the system is connected directly to a switch gigabit. and yes it's blinking 100.

The driver always try to negotiate best possible speed, i.e. ignores manual speed settings.

So, it seems failing in negotiating 1Gbit link with your switch.

Can you link up at 1Gbps using other operating systems ?

don't know. sincerely. I never want to install windows .. yes I can try a live ubuntu.. but.. I know I'll have gigabit with ubuntu

other peripherals connected to the switch are gigabit. yes.. I bought that switch only to have my lan gigabit. my next switch will be a jumbo frame gigabit

hy

i'm using that latest driver.. I see it's loaded in the kextstat as 

com.insanelymac.driver.AppleE1000e (2.4.14)

mine is 82579v 

my mobo is Asus maximus Gene V

the problem is that it's only 100Mb Full Duplex.. never 1000 !

if I force manually the setup .. it run 100 and I see it in the System.log log.

have you really verified that?? 

how to have really gigabit lan??

bye

I have the same ethernet chipset and it is curious I had not realized until now but I am having the same issue.

AppleIntelE1000e(Info): e1000e NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex

The driver always try to negotiate best possible speed, i.e. ignores manual speed settings.

So, it seems failing in negotiating 1Gbit link with your switch.

Can you link up at 1Gbps using other operating systems ?

I saw that the problem also occurs on other operating systems.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355410-28-asus-p8z77-intel-82579v-connects-100mb

better

it let me select manually .. but 1000 link down

only 100

Manual setting can be only used to limit the link speed, cannot make it higher than auto-negotiation.

Try different cable/switch/NIC.

By the way, I just uploaded the TSO enabled one.

Hey man I have 82579v and tried the version 2.5.4b but it has not worked. In the System preference Network appears connected but I can not browse or do anything. Any suggestions?

Hey man I have 82579v and tried the version 2.5.4b but it has not worked. In the System preference Network appears connected but I can not browse or do anything. Any suggestions?

Auto-negotiation isn't working in 2.5.4b. You have to manually set the link speed etc.

No, if Configure is set to automatic then they won't show anything. But with this version, you have to change Configure from "Automatically" to "Manually" and then set Speed to either 1000 or 100 (depending on your router) and duplex to full-duplex.

That's going by what my NIC shows in Windows (100/full-duplex).

2.5.4b auto-negotiaion worked only if linked at 1gb - sorry, I have no environment to check 100mb auto-negotiation.

Now fixed in 2.5.4c, hopefully.

2.5.4c with 82579V connects only 100Mbit, tried several switches. 1GB under Windows 8