Snow Leopard 10.6.2 kernel Intel SSE3 support 64bit! AMD no test!

pcj

36 posts in this topic

This kernel is for Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

And test on P4 3.06! It can support 64bit kernel!

post-447223-1260940546_thumb.png

This kernel include I386 and X86_64 kernel!

If you CPU only support SSE2, you must add arch=i386 into com.apple.Boot.plist to use i386 kernel.

I has include AMD code on this kernel. but i not sure is working?

If you install this kernel, you must clean system cache

sudo rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*.*

I not sure this kernel support all Intel CPU, but maybe is work!

download link: sorry delete!

Good lock!

I can boot here on 64 bit mode on Pentium D 925, just using the arch=x86_x64 on boot cmd, but in Sys Profile i have a 64 bit Ext and Kernel= No... strange, if someone know how to enable it, plz, give some feedback.

Btw, kernel running gr8 here, thx!

not work with AMD 5200+ CPU, ever with arch=i386 boot option.

I think no work is reboot!

qoopz kernel set the amd define to ppc! this can runing on 32bit!

but if compile to x86_64, ppc in source file is not support x86_64,so still can't runing on 64bit!

this kernel still need debug!

Thanks

has it intel atom support?

Maybe can support!

had modify cpuid source!

I can boot here on 64 bit mode on Pentium D 925, just using the arch=x86_x64 on boot cmd, but in Sys Profile i have a 64 bit Ext and Kernel= No... strange, if someone know how to enable it, plz, give some feedback.

Btw, kernel running gr8 here, thx!

please use -v command, if runing 64bit kernel,

you can see this line

Kernel is LP64

so i do'nt know what happen with your PD?

please use -v command, if runing 64bit kernel,

you can see this line

Kernel is LP64

so i do'nt know what happen with your PD?

Yep pcj, i get the 64 bit mode on verbose, but on System Profiler i got no 64 Kernel and Extensions, if i do a uname -a on term, i got I386, its very strange and it happens with other kernels too, so i think is a problem in my machine, not in kernel... anyway, thx for the reply.

Yep pcj, i get the 64 bit mode on verbose, but on System Profiler i got no 64 Kernel and Extensions, if i do a uname -a on term, i got I386, its very strange and it happens with other kernels too, so i think is a problem in my machine, not in kernel... anyway, thx for the reply.

I think something is wrong!

you get only 64 bit Mode Enabler on use -v cmd!

not Kernel is LP64, that is different!

if you use uname -a that should be like as below picture:

post-447223-1261015621_thumb.png

so, can you more statement for you machine, something like use boot pcefi10.5 or .......etc.

I think no work is reboot!

qoopz kernel set the amd define to ppc! this can runing on 32bit!

but if compile to x86_64, ppc in source file is not support x86_64,so still can't runing on 64bit!

this kernel still need debug!

where in the "qoopz kernel" code did you see amd defined to ppc ? :) it is only i386 arch (with experimental 64bit usermode)

i also noticed most of the qoopz comments are missing. some of the extra stuff added can be fixed with kexts, or even the bootloader.

I'd just recommend you apologize, put back the missing comments, and re-upload your diff with them included. some of them are very important. your work is based on the continuity of someone else's work, not all yours.

where in the "qoopz kernel" code did you see amd defined to ppc ? :) it is only i386 arch (with experimental 64bit usermode)

i also noticed most of the qoopz comments are missing. some of the extra stuff added can be fixed with kexts, or even the bootloader.

I'd just recommend you apologize, put back the missing comments, and re-upload your diff with them included. some of them are very important. your work is based on the continuity of someone else's work, not all yours.

I not say this work all my, I say this kernel base on voodoo!

if you see qoopz source diff, he put it on #ifdef __ppc__ part!

not #elif defined(__i386__) || (__x86_64__) part!

and I try it can boots arch=i386 but can't boots on X86_64 kerenl for AMD cpu!

if you see my upload diff file! you can see some different !

I change some soucre code, let the source code can complie to x86_64 kernel!

if you think i missing comments, then i put back and put back the diff file.

and delete all share!

thank you very much !

qoopz

I must clean one thing.

I compile this kernel all base on voodoo!

so you can see the voodoo notes on diff file!

I no useing qoopz source diff!

and i do'nt any notes by //Pcj

if you do'nt believe, i do'nt care!

But I need to say one thing! do'nt useing my diff to compile any kernel!

K just put , it does not matter a bit or other stuff. We all have taken a look into voodoo , did some diff and gave proper credits.

pcj , do work as a community. It does not matter if ti comes from your own code and stuff , just acknowledge. I can't comment cause by the time I came to this forum , poof your diffs went missing

K just put , it does not matter a bit or other stuff. We all have taken a look into voodoo , did some diff and gave proper credits.

pcj , do work as a community. It does not matter if ti comes from your own code and stuff , just acknowledge. I can't comment cause by the time I came to this forum , poof your diffs went missing

Frist, my language not english,so maybe some time i will miss the meaning about replay!

so i replay again to clean this replay:

where in the "qoopz kernel" code did you see amd defined to ppc ? ;) it is only i386 arch (with experimental 64bit usermode)

Prasys:

sorry, i can't to accept about this doubt!

i had to spend over two month, from xnu1456 to xnu_1486,

all base on voodoo source code, and try it on my computer P4 3.06.

if voodoo to charge me about missing comments, i will apologize to voodoo.

but i not use qoopz source!

i see the source case when frist version v0.1 done, still to version v0.5.

AMD alaway reboot!

so i find the qoopz/nwacom source on xnu1486/bsd/kern/kern_mib.c is different!

there define cpufamily and cpu cache part!

qoopz/nwacom put it on #ifdef __ppc__ this part!

but i put it on #else defined(__i386__) || defined(__x86_64__) this part!

so on AMD always reboot!

i try put it on #ifdef __ppc__ this part! Yes, it can work on i386, but can't work on x86_64!

so i say qoopz source define AMD to ppc!

and i try put cpuid patch into kernel, but dyld source from Apple, is lose one file.

so i to give up!

my frist release kernel on this forums: http://bbs.pcbeta.com/thread-635115-1-1.html

and i put this kernel on here, i wish can found someone to test AMD part!

but Now!!!!!!!!

but does not matter, i do'nt need to take care this doubt!

if any one useing my upload diff to compile kernel, that is OK!

i will continuity to debug about AMD, but i will not release on here again.

Thanks.

pcj

can you post a picture what happen?? KP.....

Looking if can run on P4 2.66 GHz LGA775 with ESTM64 on SSE SSE2 only not SSE3 ????

and plz also define the kernel source code editing location... i wanna give it a blow!!!

This kernel is for Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

And test on P4 3.06! It can support 64bit kernel!

post-447223-1260940546_thumb.png

This kernel include I386 and X86_64 kernel!

If you CPU only support SSE2, you must add arch=i386 into com.apple.Boot.plist to use i386 kernel.

I has include AMD code on this kernel. but i not sure is working?

If you install this kernel, you must clean system cache

sudo rm /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*.*

I not sure this kernel support all Intel CPU, but maybe is work!

download link: sorry delete!

Good lock!

Looking if can run on P4 2.66 GHz LGA775 with ESTM64 on SSE SSE2 only not SSE3 ????

and plz also define the kernel source code editing location... i wanna give it a blow!!!

Good job pcj, this kernel is working really good on my hack, and for the first time I can run 64-bit applications and kexts, I've tested with Adobe Lightroom 2.6 and PhotoLine

In About This Mac > More Info > Sofware, it shows 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes

In terminal, uname -a shows x86_64

In Activity Monitor, it shows Intel ( 64-bit )

I failed to boot into 64-bit with kernel from qoopz/nawcom, either arch=x86_64 or -force64 or -x64, I always get 32-bit system, in Activity Monitor, it never show Intel ( 64-bit ), only show Intel, 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No, uname -a shows i386

My CPU is Intel Pentium 4 630 3GHz 1 core with Hyper Threading (HT), it can't run vanilla kernel, this CPU has SSE3 and EMT64, Pentium D is the next generation of my CPU with 2 cores, HT, SSE3, EMT64

I noticed that if you guys do not install it correctly, it will cause you kernel_panic, make sure that you have to delete /S/L/Caches, /L/Caches and /Extra/Extensions.kext also, when I reboot to Chameleon, I use not only -v but also -f and arch=x86_64

Of course do not forget to replace mach_kernel

Also remove any unnessessary kernel flags from com.apple.Boot.plist

Since I've used Chameleon 2 RC 4 my PC boot into 64 bit by default ( either with or without arch=x86_64 )

I am really happy now,

Thank you pcj,

Here is my screenshot:

94347302.th.png