rshrsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I experience the very same problem.

Has anyone found a solution by now?

Which Windows 7 CD were you using? OEM/Systembuilder or retail?

aurakel

aurakel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been looking all over the net for answers to my problem. I have an IMac I bought late 2007 27in 7.1. I can not get bootcamp to install. I set my portions, and after I put the win 7 64bit disk in the screen looks like its restarting and then I get what looks like a command prompt that looks like this

Select boot drive. __

when I type 1 or 2 nothing happens I don't even see the 1 or 2 I typed.

I didn't get the screen after putting disk in to select the drive while in OSx

my bootcamp assistant is version 2.0 So I figured maybe I need bootcamp 3.1 but every time I download the updates from apple website they are .exe files which makes absolutely no sense to me. Does anyone know why this isnt working for me?
Thanks

a.smith13

a.smith13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?

Do we just need to turn the Mac off and let it sit for a few minutes then turn back on to have a chance to get it to start?

Thanks for your help.

Iway

Iway

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

So I have a Mac Mini dual boot lab. 20 first gen intel macmini's. The CRTs on these guys are going so we decided to clean up the lab and replace them all with iMac's. We bought one of the newest iMac's 21.5 inch and I started from scratch to create a new image for these machines. We haven't bought the other 19 yet.

Anyway, something is very wrong with the boot process for windows xp. The mac side always boots fine. However the windows side takes a couple of reboots to actually work. The process as I understand how booting to windows works (correct me if i'm wrong) POST > EFI > BIOS > MBR >WINDOWS . It takes approx 3 reboots for me to get into the windows side. First reboot, when holding down option, Mac and Windows shows up, I click on windows and it freezes the screen right there, still showing Mac and Windows, and It's unresponsive. Seems like a problem emulating the BIOS or something.

Second time, It gets past this screen and hangs and says "A Disk Read Error Occured. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart". CTRL + ALT + DEL does not work. Force shutdown. Seems like a problem with the MBR finding windows boot files. And the third reboot is fine.

If this were my machine i would be fine, but to educate everybody that uses my lab to do this is insanity. I also tried BootPicker and refit. Bootpicker is useless, it just shows me a grey screen when I click on windows every time. And refit goes through the same process when I hold option, however, it does give me some more information on the first hang:

Error: Not found return from legacy loader;
Error: not found from locatedevicepath;
[repeated 10 times........]
Error: not found from locatedevicepath;
Error: load error while (re)opening our installation volume;

I've done several reinstalls using different xp installation disks (professional site licence vs home) and mac retail vs the packaged imac one. I've been on many phone calls with apple and i have a case number with them. Apple finds it strange that I cannot hold down D during the boot and go into diagnostic mode.

Microsoft after going through 3 levels of support basically hung up and told me i needed a new BIOS.

I always use the bootcamp assistant, and even that has trouble booting the install disc for the first time. I've done many clean installs and touched nothing but bootcamp and its drivers. I even zero out the drive before i even make a single partition.

It seems that something little by little is getting fixed and then it breaks.

Any thoughts?

I to have this problem I have a classroom of 30 new Macs which I dual booted using bootcamp and Deploy Studio.

I put my images onto some slightly older hardware and still had the same issues. I deleted the partion (on the older hardware) and put on an older Windows Winclone image, that we have never had a problem with and it works OK.

As for the new hardware I keep getting the grey screen of death or the Ctrl-Alt-Del at windows boot. Reboot a couple of times and it works...

When we purchased the Macs it said on the box that they were able to run Windows...
Model # A1311 IMac 21.5/3.06/2x2 Gb/%00Gb/9400M/SD/ W LMKB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy