Hello, my first post after reading more than 300 :)
I run Q6600 Quad on ASUS PK5C with 4 GB DDR2,
an IDE CD Burner from ASUS and an IDE DVD Burnder from LG
and 4 SATA Disks from Western Digital 3x 640GB Black and 1 x 500GB Black
I installed successfully iAtkos s3 v2
USB working, FW working
i had to buy/change two components cause i dont wanted to struggle...
i changed a ATI HD 4350 to a Gainward GeForce G210 512 MB
i changed a Linksys WUSB300N to a Linksys WMP300N
then i made some settings, after 5 reinstalls (first some with iatkosv7 later with s3 v2) i have a system
running Airport, and Graphics (but not the special effects yet)
and here we come to two questions:
1) how do i enable the special effects (is it called Quartz?)
2) i have a dual screen ONLY in safemode with 2 x 1920x1200 pixels :)
but i have it NOT in normal operating mode... HDMI and DVI is used... not vga ...please help
Vendor ID: 0x10de
Device ID: 0x0a65
Here's a zip with a screenshot and my EFI string in hex and in xml format. I wanna see some more of these cards running!
can u please describe what exactly to do with the zip? i am a newbie and on iatkos s3 v2 64 bit
i once tried already with that putting only the long string into Boot.plist but then after reboot i had one screen and no MOUSE curser anymore, since i did not backup i did a reinstall... now i dont want to hurry...
what to do with the other file which is inside? the gforce210.plist?
thanks for the string.
Works perfekt with:
HDMI: not tested
sorry to ask again :) how did you do that with the string? i think you dont have to modify only Boot.plist but the other file geforce210.plist is important somehow too???
UPDATE 2hours later:
I just switched after another resintall the HDMI to standard VGA cable of course on the VGA port of the G210 and the monitor now DUAL screen (DVI/VGA) is working 1920x1200 x 2, but still no HW accelleration, no Quartz or how is that stuff called how can I enable this? and how can i enable the HDMI (not so important anymore)?
Other what really convinces me about this installation is that now the MOTU 2408mk3 and 24i/o with PCI-424 card are working without problems with the stock OSX drivers, tomorrow i will install soundsoftware/sequencer, lets see
UPDATE 2days later:
If anyone is interested in it...
I found out the method how to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with Dual Screen 1920x1200 x 2 on
Nvidia Gainward G210 512MB PCI-Express on ASUS PK5C
- Use iAtkos s3 v2.
- Partition the SATA Disk with GUID and 1 Partition
- Settings in the Customization:
* Bootloader: EFI 10.6
* Bootloader options: Default Settings and USBBusFix and Legacy Logo
* Patches: Default Settings and TICK USB
* Drivers: SATA: TICK Intel and JMicron (2nd and 3rd as i remeber)
Graphics: NVidia (TICK DVI/DVI and NVEnabler)
Sound: (since i use professional soundcard, i was not interest in this, so i unticked everything)
Network: Wireless (Atheros since i got Linksys WMP300N v2)
Wired (Atheros L1 since this is the netword card on the ASUS mainboard)
Language: German :)
- After installation boot into -x -v mode (safemode)
- Go to Terminal and type sudo -s (become root user)
- Move (mv) the NVEnabler.kext from /System/Library/Extensions to /
- edit your com.apple.Boot.plist and add the "Graphics Enabler / Yes"-lines manually now
- repair your kext permissions with /Library/Tools/kext utility
I only made DVI and VGA working with these steps... but QE CL is enabled and Dual Display 1920x1200 :)
Enjoy your day